• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

I will not vote. I can't understand the pining for this "long lost awesomeness of runescape." And I would loathe to see my p2p money and the resources it can buy to go towards such a frivolous side game.

You guys have all but forgot all the problems the game had at that point in time. Ofcourse the game will have some players, but within 3 months it will be all but empty and within 1 year the 2007 rs servers will be much like rsc servers atm + the bots.

Stop pining for the past, it wasn't that great, embrace the change, live the change.

• Like 2

purekilljoy.png

I see no reason for all the hate. The resources required to make this project work are so miniscule; it's already created content, and they have basically already done the work in testing to see if they could actually do it. If you don't look back on the past with "rose-tinted glasses", than simply don't vote. Your silence will be heard.

nautica.png

nautica.png

Yeah, it's really not that much work. They found an intact copy with the game, so all they really have to do is interface the old game with the current systems because the modern log in servers will be using a different structure by now. It's coder work, so it wont impact updates.

I also have to say, being part of the game when it's brand new, with no resources and no intact economy. That would actually be really cool to be there during a beginning.

• Like 1

I won't be voting, but if it is successful I will be watching it closely. Am very interested to see what happens with everyone starting from scratch.

Whips will be king again I'm guessing, so will be interesting to watch the race to 85 slayer and the price they command. Early on 2007scape gold will be worth a lot more than 2013scape gold, how long will it take for the merchants, PVPers (and bots) to reach max cash and beyond? Hell, how will people handle beyond-max-cash without rares or spirit shards? Max piles of rune scims :)?

To all the people saying the 07 servers will be a resounding success to the point where it will overshadow current RS, hope to see you guys in a couple of months, i'll even prepare a special dish for you.

uPD5saU.jpg

I'll gladly eat it myself should i be proven wrong, but some people here are clearly on a whole new level of delusional. And I thought i've seen the worst of denial E3 '08.

• Like 2

I personally can't see a (real) downside to this.

- It's a gimmick and more of a shameless cash grab than the SoF will ever be, especially since a few people early on claim to have subscribed just so that they could vote.

- I doubt it will add anything lasting to the community or the game - I am willing to bet money on the servers being close to abandoned within three months.

- It lets the vocal minority decide on the future of a game/company that they don't even play.

It's no where near the shameless cash grab that SoF is. It doesn't destroy one of the fundamental principles the game was built on.

It's effectively a brand new game and community. So why would it add anything?

How do you know it's a vocal minority? Where is your survey about players who support/don't support these servers?

Asmodean <3

To me it'll just end up as a similar predictament as RSC back in the days... this is no different to the last time.

People who played RSC wanted RSC back for nostalgia when RS2 was released (RS2 is basically the RS we all know today, barring EoC update and no resizeable screen), and it ended up being a bot playground and soon nobody cared.

I do not see any difference in this case how it would end up.

The most fond memories I have of RS is RS 2006, not 2007, and not many of it were actual updates (I was doing barrows very regularly, which by the time I started farming it, it was oldish content). I think RS pretty much started downhill in 2006 when Capes were released, there was practically nothing in 2007 that I remember being particularly nostalgic. In fact, I dont think it was ANY content that made me feel 2006 was nostalgic, I'd pay anything to get the people I knew back then back to RS and into contact, I met some of the greatest people I know on the net from there.

Once again: I prefer the people from then coming back, not the game itself. Or rather, the game is pointless without the people that made it enjoyable in the first place.

One last thing: I makes me really worried that they don't do full backups of games after every update, and their last complete backup goes back to 2007...

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

One last thing: I makes me really worried that they don't do full backups of games after every update, and their last complete backup goes back to 2007...

They didn't say that!

They said they changed backup system in October 2007 so Aug 2007 was the last functional backup they had from then.

One would assume with disc space and such in mind the 'new back-up' system combined a couple of things that meant there was no Oct 07 ones:

1) Predominantly partial back-ups eg only backing up the code segments removed/altered for most updates

2) Not keeping ancient back-ups eg only store back-ups for the last 1-3 years to conserve storage space on the basis that in a forward moving game industry there is no real purpose to keeping old code once the update has been in place long enough to be 100% certain it does not need to be rolled back.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

How do you know it's a vocal minority? Where is your survey about players who support/don't support these servers?

http://www.tip.it/ru...-play-on-a-2007

As of right now, 73% of the people asked support 2007scape. If you ask people to start paying an extra charge for it, that number drops dramatically to 20%. I think that constitutes a minority.

As of right now, 73% of the people asked support 2007scape. If you ask people to start paying a charge for it, that number drops dramatically to 20%. I think that constitutes a minority.

Using a sample of 739 out of around 700k members, from a site which is not representative of the RS community as a whole.

The only conclusions you can draw based on that data would involve the caveat "Of Runescape members who use TIF." Generalizing those results to the RS population as a whole is not possible. (Well you could do it, you'd just be wrong to do so)

Asmodean <3

Agreed. It's poor evidence. But given you have none at all to prove a majority exists, it's still better than none at all.

Mmm this unfounded 'we are a majority' insistance don't half remind me of wildy removal where pkers insisted they were the majority and the core of the game yet RS main site polls about playstyle showed that pkers were one of the smaller minorities even back then compared to skillers, pvmers and 'do a bit of everything' players.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I guess we'll have to see how high the numbers go on the real poll. Looking at the hiscores, there's about 600K members with > 100k oa xp.

I predict we'll break the 250k barrier and end up paying the £3.20 extra. No way they'll break 750k though, they'd need every single active member to vote in favour of it and attract a few tens of thousands of old players, most of whom will never even know this poll exists.

Asmodean <3

You have to imagine Jagex would send an email out at the least to alert them. Plus those who quit may be part of general MMO or WoW forums where they'd catch wind of the poll.

A satisfactory result for those of us who aren't interested would be for the servers to exist if there's enough interest for them, but only if there's a charge for using them that covers their costs. Then it really is none of our concern, perhaps even a tiny benefit in a small amount of extra profit for the company.

Agreed. It's poor evidence. But given you have no evidence at all to prove a majority exists, it's still better than none at all.

First year statistics would argue otherwise.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

A simple hierarchy of evidence would disagree with you, I'm afraid. Evidence is neither 'right' or 'wrong'. It is simply more accurate or less, more reliable or less. If you think one theory and its accompanying evidence is wrong, provide a stronger body of evidence that proves so. I'd look at the results, see you're right and agree that my own is inadequate in supporting my theory any longer, in light of the new evidence.

That's how an evidence base works.

So please, show me this (better) poll that says people who'd pay for 2007scape aren't in a minority.

So please, show me this (better) poll that says people who'd pay for 2007scape aren't in a minority.

We don't need a better poll, just need to not spin the results of this one in ridiculous ways.

As of right now, 73% of the people asked support 2007scape. If you ask people to start paying an extra charge for it, that number drops dramatically to 20%. I think that constitutes a minority.

64% of people answering the poll would pay at least the current membership to try 2k7 out. How long it'd stay populated is a different question, but clearly there is some interest.

I didn't say it showed either way. I said first year stats wouldn't agree.

Any poll like this is designed to be rigged. As a general rule, only people who have a strong opinion, are likely to vote. Often, you see it to be extremely one sided. Your typical ring in votes on 'current affairs' programs are a good example of this, it's about inflammatory wording. Voting is self selected. There is no randomness. The only thing these polls give an insight on, is the existence of people who feel strongly about it. To try and draw conclusions regarding the existence of a majority or a minority in the population would be absurd. Even more so when you are attempting to apply a poll with ~800 votes which equates to what, 0.0025% of players?

IT represents NOTHING but the majority of voters in THIS poll.

22o7D.png

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

You have to imagine Jagex would send an email out at the least to alert them. Plus those who quit may be part of general MMO or WoW forums where they'd catch wind of the poll.

A satisfactory result for those of us who aren't interested would be for the servers to exist if there's enough interest for them, but only if there's a charge for using them that covers their costs. Then it really is none of our concern, perhaps even a tiny benefit in a small amount of extra profit for the company.

Considering back then RS did not require email addresses and even now they only use it for loyalty points and recovery even if they did send an email out odds are 99.9% of those long gone quitters would not get it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

A simple hierarchy of evidence would disagree with you, I'm afraid. Evidence is neither 'right' or 'wrong'. It is simply more accurate or less, more reliable or less. If you think one theory and its accompanying evidence is wrong, provide a stronger body of evidence that proves so. I'd look at the results, see you're right and agree that my own is inadequate in supporting my theory any longer, in light of the new evidence.

That's how an evidence base works.

Gingy, you know I love you but even I have to point what you are doing is data mining. That isn't good at all and should be taken with a grain of salt.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

There seems to be a lot of conjecture around the actual size of the playing community with a lot of people incorrectly assuming that the ‘concurrent player count’ on the RuneScape website represents the total number of active players.

To clear up any confusion on this matter I want to confirm that our Unique Active Player stats for the proceeding 14 Days from Monday the 11th Feb was actually 8,229,459!

So as to the pockets of cynicism that this vote is somehow setup to fail due to barely enough members to hit the first level of viability, you really could not be more wrong.

The reality is that if members really got behind this then they would easily blow through the various tiers and that’s not even counting the mass of existing free players that have clearly stated in the hundreds of ensuing pages of this forum thread that they intend to subscribe to register their support too.

The big question is will the members actually get behind this and register their support, abstain or will people simply hope that someone else will carry a positive vote for them?

I hope that voter apathy wont undermine player democracy, nevertheless the one thing we know for sure is that you will be able to participate from tomorrow onwards and everyone will see the results in real time.

Consider this, the more members that vote the cheaper it would ultimately be for everyone and hopefully reach the point where it doesn’t cost you a penny more and could simply be offered as part of your existing membership - Even if you don't intend to use it I think that's a nice thing to do for your friends.

Lastly, I want to add members that do indeed vote for the reinstatement of the service will all get their first month of 'Old School' RuneScape for free regardless of the eventual level achieved therefore those signing up just to vote you will not need to pay twice :)

Mod MMG, [qfc]14-15-832-64233878[/qfc]

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I like the idea of highscores being reset, and everyone along with the economy starting from scratch. As for the actual content (or lack thereof), I'm not that interested.

I'd be more interested if new worlds were set up in 'today's' Runescape where everything was reset and everyone had to start with a new character, which would be registered to play on those dedicated worlds only. We'd get to see the development of a game economy, while keeping all of the existing content. This wouldn't work very well without the ability to minimize bot activity, however.

• Like 2