• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

Seems to me that Jagex is telling everyone who claims that 2007scape will be better to "put their money where their mouth is".

Also seems to me that they're playing an epic game of Chicken - you can have your nostalgia filter back, but there won't be a damn thing on those servers at all.

Gutsy, risky move. I don't see it working out, though.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

But what they're doing here is madness, actually keeping RS 2007 and upgrading it simultaneously? They didn't even do that for RSC when RS2 came out.

The obvious is not too clear for you guys right now.

What Jagex wants to do is bring back the 2007 servers and update them simultaneously as in a way to start over. To see where they went wrong and what we as a community really wanted. I wouldn't be surprised if in a year or so 2007 servers become extremely dominant and Jagex dismantle current Runescape.

Am I actually reading these words?

This topic is going in the exact same direction as the free trade one did. All these individuals that feel the need to start spazzing out on the forums to declare war over something that isn't even debatable.

News flash everyone: This isn't a competition between people who prefer EoC over '07 servers and vice versa. I wish Jagex hadn't announced this so early, now I have to tolerate two months of utter [bleep]s whenever I visit the forums.

• Like 2
Sylpheed.png

I wish Jagex hadn't announced this so early, now I have to tolerate two months of utter [bleep]s whenever I visit the forums.

Welcome to TiF.

• Like 9

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

If they're coming back regardless, you don't need our vote.

True. And once they DO come back and yall realize where all the fun is at.... I'll leave it at that. If this whole thing becomes a sucess, more than haf of the users online will be on the 2007 servers. Enjoy your empty worlds.

This ^

Seriously ... lol, everyone on this board is so negative "i don't want bla bla bla" ... i can't wait to get to 250k. I will gladly pay $5 extrah löl.

True. And once they DO come back and yall realize where all the fun is at.... I'll leave it at that. If this whole thing becomes a sucess, more than haf of the users online will be on the 2007 servers. Enjoy your empty worlds.

This ^

Seriously ... lol, everyone on this board is so negative "i don't want bla bla bla" ... i can't wait to get to 250k. I will gladly pay $5 extrah löl.

$15 extra. You only pay $5 more if you hit 500k.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

This ^

$15 extra. You only pay $5 more if you hit 500k.

$5 more is in the 250k+ tier. The 500k+ tier is no additional cost.

This ^

Over the years I've noticed that Tipit has more realists than idealists, and with that comes critical thinking about the positives and negatives. I honestly think that some people are getting caught up in nostalgic hype.

This ^

Over the years I've noticed that Tipit has more realists than idealists, and with that comes critical thinking about the positives and negatives. I honestly think that some people are getting caught up in nostalgic hype.

Let them get caught up in nostalgic hype. It'll be so much sweeter when they finally get to play RS 2007 and then realize how much shittier the game was back then.

• Like 6

If this only lets the first level of support, I'll not lose any sleep over it. They'll be charging people enough that I'll not worry about whatever resources they send that way. Pretty much the same for the second level. I hope it's from just before the GWD was added, because honestly, I kind of want to see the complaining people will make about it being missing by like a week (added Aug 28, 2007). It will cheep to maintain, so if it actually turns out to be popular then swell, they're subsidizing the game I play ($5 is what I pay for the main game).

It's actually kind of neat to see Jagex offering this. I think they are really curious about how much support their actually is. Interested enough that they seem to have already done up their estimates about what proportion of people will actually pay for this, and for how long. Gotta admit, I'd kind of like to see the numbers myself, and I want to see how many people will put their money where their mouth is. I'll never return to pre GE though. I can't stand the thought of bank standing to sell my stuff again.

• Like 1

Personally, I do like EoC and the game as it is now, however...

I have also lost alot of the fun I used to have. Everything in game now seems to lack a real challenge. Double exp gets thrown at us from every angle, SoF, Solomons (to a lesser extent), ZMI/RuneSpan, Living Rock Caverns, Grand Exchange, Drygore Weapons, Chaotics, etc make everything so damn easy now. Every skill in the game has 100k exp + per hr methods now (minus Slayer which can break 100k / hr just not as consistently).

Also, EoC makes mage/range training so much easier and cheaper (yes, chins/barraging were faster, but i mean overall). I have alot more fun when things are actually challenging.

RSC would have been my game of choice permanently had I not lost all my stats, or if it had a high score to compete with. Because this server has its own dedicated high score, I would gladly move to 2007scape, as I would finally be able to actually compete properly. There won't be people high up in the ranks because they buy $200 of spins constantly, inflated exp due to effigies, etc.

For me, I won't be voting yes due to nostalgia, I will be voting yes due to an actual challenge for the first time in AGES, and the long overdue return of FUN for me in the game. Accomplishments will mean so much more, high score ranks will have meaning, and will be void of all microtransactions.

I personally can't see a (real) downside to this.

Members should do it, it's not going to affect their game play on the current runescape :3. And the more votes, the cheaper the price will go down :D

This argument again? Ok. The first 40 times didn't get me, but you, the 41st user of it, have swung my decision. I am definitely going to vote in favour now.

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Members should do it, it's not going to affect their game play on the current runescape :3. And the more votes, the cheaper the price will go down :D

right... and the more "fake" (as that's what you're asking for, fake as in people voting that dont actually want it, just so YOU can have it) votes there are, the more it ACTUALLY DOES HURT THE LIVE GAME. Don't contradict yourself by saying it won't effect current members, then ask everyone to vote so a handfull can use it.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

- It's a gimmick and more of a shameless cash grab than the SoF will ever be, especially since a few people early on claim to have subscribed just so that they could vote.

- I doubt it will add anything lasting to the community or the game - I am willing to bet money on the servers being close to abandoned within three months.

- It lets the vocal minority decide on the future of a game/company that they don't even play.

• Like 3

- It's a gimmick and more of a shameless cash grab than the SoF will ever be, especially since a few people early on claim to have subscribed just so that they could vote.

Cash grab or not, it's still giving the option, it's not saying "Give us $15/month and we won't offer you anything in return". This is a business, offering an additional service for an additional fee, this is not a foreign idea in the world.

- I doubt it will add anything lasting to the community or the game - I am willing to bet money on the servers being close to abandoned within three months.

Community has been dead for a long time, horribly split among massive amounts of different areas etc. I doubt it will be completely abandoned, if anything it'll just turn into a PK server at most. Remember, private servers aren't abandoned by any means, and with it being officially sanctioned by Jagex, the risk of losing your work on the server will be taken away (A factor many people avoided private servers for).

- It lets the vocal minority decide on the future of a game/company that they don't even play.

"The Squeaky Wheel Gets The Grease"

The future of the game has nothing to do with this server. This is separate from the main game which will continue the same way it would if it was never even mentioned. Also, I doubt that vocal minority are planning to vote but never return to rs at all, so they will be playing.

I can't stand the thought of bank standing to sell my stuff again.

This. A thousand times this.

• Like 2

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

At first glance I was really excited about this. I have fond memories of merching dragon daggers in Fally world 2. Or do I? After stopping and thinking about it for a bit, the idea of no grand exchange doesn't sound great. I loved playing back in 2007, but I'm happy with keeping it as fond memories. The game has advanced since then, and so have it's players. I think people forget how much more of a grind every single skill is, and once people get on the servers and realize how bad it is, they won't want to play. I'll vote for it, and even try it if it reaches Level 2, but I doubt i'll invest any more time into it than a quizzical glance. Then again I could be wrong.

Cake....

Cake?

I was on the fence about it until I read in the FAQ that everyone is starting from scratch. It's going to be wonderful being part of building an economy and I can't wait to vote.

And to the people saying it is not a real vote because you cannot vote no--this isn't an election, this is a measure of how many people are interested in the service. Runescape is a business, not a democracy, and honestly for a business they do pretty damn well in trying to please their customers.

This ^

This ^

DDEEEnniaaaal

Noctturne.png

I can't stand the thought of bank standing to sell my stuff again.

This. A thousand times this.

22jn9.png

DDEEEnniaaaal

Extremely constructive. Thank you for your input.

• Like 1

Just saw this over on YouTube. Personally I would love to play the 2007 version again! I'm disappointed at the reactions here though :( I really hope this can work. Even if it's for a couple months before it's abandoned, I would still play for a while.

Staurolite.png