• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

Ofcourse I realize i'll start at level 3 again, I don't see the issue? A dragon scim and dds will suffice or a rune scim and r2h.

The pvp that once existed won't be back? Nevermind then, don't care. How can you tell though... where does it speficially say so? I wouldn't know, I quit before 2007. Is it Bounty Hunter then? Do you have a source?

Thanks, jayc.

First, good luck getting a DDS, second I bet most people don't even know how to get those weapons, let alone want to skill for them.

And the PvP won't be the same because the people are different, you watch pking in recent years and teleing away and [bleep] fests run rampant. Its the community back then that made pking what it was, not how you did the pking.

Just replace that with getting ice blitz rushed with ags/dds depending on GWD or not.

I would be really interested in things like will things like ice blitz timing delay get 'fixed', removing the ice blitz dds combo is one of my all time least favorite updates. I think there reasoning behind that was it being a glitch.

Magic needs something >.>, combat triangle rebalancing did not exist in 2007.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Ofcourse I realize i'll start at level 3 again, I don't see the issue? A dragon scim and dds will suffice or a rune scim and r2h.

The pvp that once existed won't be back? Nevermind then, don't care. How can you tell though... where does it speficially say so? I wouldn't know, I quit before 2007. Is it Bounty Hunter then? Do you have a source?

Thanks, jayc.

First, good luck getting a DDS, second I bet most people don't even know how to get those weapons, let alone want to skill for them.

And the PvP won't be the same because the people are different, you watch pking in recent years and teleing away and [bleep] fests run rampant. Its the community back then that made pking what it was, not how you did the pking.

Yeah, I bet the players of 2007 and before don't know how to get a dds. The players that will truely be playing this will be pkers from that era... And if not I don't mind no honour pking, it's really how I did the pking else I would still be pking...

Derp, this comment made no sense, jayc.

I'm curious, do you actually think 07scape is going to be a successful?

Because in my opinion a majority of the returning players are going to be those that want to PvP as they did in that era of RuneScape.

How do you think they're going to enjoy no xp-multipliers, no item spawning and what ever else happens in private servers which make them successful due to the ability to hop on a be Pking within a couple of hours?

I don't know, I just can't see those people spending months making a character just to PvP like they did in '07, let alone hanging around until the marketplace is stable and able to handle that kind of demand.

I would gladly pay money to have my options limited, but at the same time make my achievements "worth" more.

There's currently a version of RS that has that, and you don't even have to pay for it. ;)

You got me! No, but seriously, RSC is before my time, and doesn't have the same appeal to me because of this.

I was referring more to the free version of the current game, but RSC works too.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Oh, well! I blame that fact that it's past midnight! :)

Sorry if I skip words in my sentences from time to time. My brain tends to be a step or two ahead of my fingers when I type.

Well, I'm pretty sure at least 3/4 of the users online will switch to the 2007scape server. All this anti 2007scape talk is coming from people who are scared to lose EVEN MORE people from main-stream RS.

I'm also going to go out on a limb and say that Jagex could possibly dismantle main-stream RS if 2007scape indeed proves to become successful.

Noctturne.png

Well, I'm pretty sure at least 3/4 of the users online will switch to the 2007scape server. All this anti 2007scape talk is coming from people who are scared to lose EVEN MORE people from main-stream RS.

I'm also going to go out on a limb and say that Jagex could possibly dismantle main-stream RS if 2007scape indeed proves to become successful.

Come on, if you're gonna completely make up statistics, at least try to make them somewhat realistic.

• Like 11

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I think you are a little bit too hopeful. Until we can actually get an impression of how many votes there are going to be, I'd say it's anyone's guess.

Oh, well! I blame that fact that it's past midnight! :)

For a gamer that is never an excuse! :razz:

If only I were a teenager again!

Sorry if I skip words in my sentences from time to time. My brain tends to be a step or two ahead of my fingers when I type.

Voting yes, As soon as the poll goes live im buying membership and voting and I know a good 10-12 other people that are going to be doing the same. Starting fresh is going to be the most exciting part. Reliving all the old f2p quests, Earning cash doing skills, spamming at a bank trying to get rid of all of your unwanted shit... Man, I know it's really nostalgia based and I'm not going to deny it probably will die after a year or two, but it will be fun again while it lasts. Even if we get 50k votes I'll be happy.

But you could do that now! And there won't even be a market for any of that for months anyway. Everyone will be self made for a while until there is money to actually spend for bulk and a flowing market. I don't feel any of those sentiments are worth the money spent on old servers.

I'm not going anywhere near EOC man, I gave it a try, I went into it really open mindedly on my main account and on a fresh account, but it's just not for me. And I know there wont be a market there, it'd be fun to watch it grow and see where it ends up if im honest.

Thus, I have no idea why you're defending EoC. It's extremely out of place. Trying to integrate a high tech system into a Java browser game simply wont work. Runescape has become so slow and full of lag compared to couple of years ago, it can't take on extreme content unless it's game engine gets a major overhaul. Runescape barely handled Runetek 5 in 2009, and what they're doing to it right now is really excessive. Sure it looks nicer, but would you take looks over game play?

You like EoC? Fine, you'll get to keep it. But the majority of the players are against it and we want the basic RS back. We can all enjoy what we like.

Noctturne.png

I'm saying that because, as a generalization, the strong advocates for this project seem to, a) Over-estimate how enjoyable and popular the project is going to be (It's not a time-warp hence it's not going to be the same, and EoC is not nearly as unpopular as the vocal minority make out) and, b) Are all about self-gratification and don't think about the possible consequences to the main game by skewing the interest in the project.

In my personal opinion the project is going to be relative failure, and have no interest in playing it. Hence I'm abstaining from voting.

Edit: You're doing something wrong if the game is unplayable to you currently. I play perfectly fine on a 5 year old laptop which when it was new was at best a mid-range laptop.

Thus, I have no idea why you're defending EoC. It's extremely out of place. Trying to integrate a high tech system into a Java browser game simply wont work. Runescape has become so slow and full of lag compared to couple of years ago, it can't take on extreme content unless it's game engine gets a major overhaul. Runescape barely handled Runetek 5 in 2009, and what they're doing to it right now is really excessive. Sure it looks nicer, but would you take looks over game play?

You like EoC? Fine, you'll get to keep it. But the majority of the players are against it and we want the basic RS back. We can all enjoy what we like.

In a few months time we'll have HTML5 which should be a significant improvement. The game runs fine enough anyway, though java doesn't do it any favours thats for sure

Personally I find EoC more fun than the old style of combat. So I'll take gameplay and graphics quite happily :P

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

I like the graphics that come with it, but honestly, PVP just feels like it's a competition of button mashers.

EOC Pros: Graphics, cool moves, skills, etc.

Cons: No specials, which render many weapons useless (like claws, godswords,etc.), "Balanced" weapon tiers, meaning every weapon of the same metal (like dragon 2h, dragon dagger, dragon scimitar) has roughly the same damage per second, rendering 95% of weapons useless since you should now just use the weapon that offers the best attack bonus in order to break through any high defence, stupidly quick kills due to the ridiculously overpowered specials, the "rock-paper-scissors" style gameplay where black d'hide has the same armour as dragon plate but is just a different "type", the fact that certain creatures that shouldn't use things like magic or ranged now do.....

Noctturne.png

If this happens it will be interesting to see if people stay interested after the initial excitement.

But hey, I'm pretty interested in coming back to play 2007 runescape :)

Everyone starting fresh... sounds like fun!

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

This entire thread:

abEJNpq.gif

Regardless, here's my two cents (or rather, two bucks.)

The economys dead right now just because EoC. Not botting, im pretty sure they can handle bots if they reaaalllly wanted to.

Uh, no, it isn't.

And then you proceed to admit that they aren't actually handling the bot problem properly (at least not well enough.)

GP drops and pickpocket etc don't bring in anything in terms of the GP in game, thats brought in buy stuff like high alch and selling to general stores.

What?

That makes no sense.

Jagex should take and erase a percentage of items put on the GE every day to remove items to reduce supply and at the same time I hope one of these new skills needs items from other skills AND costs 5 times what construction does. RS needs more money sinks if it has any hope of balancing out the economy.

They could take and erase a percentage of items put on the G.E. every day, but that would only be viable for items sold at current G.E. price if you ask me.

And making the new skill take 5 times as much money as Construction is only going to annoy the lower-level, poorer players and make high levels' lives easier.

You don't want 2007 Runescape, you want 2007 community.

And you can magically read their minds to know exactly what they want how?

I sincerely hope this goes through, the PvP community was beautiful and along with the hybrid ways and specs. Oh boy the joys i'll have!

As pointed out earlier, the community is *gone*

The only kind of PvP community you would probably see are the same immature ones that were pking in the few months before EoC and were crying on the forums.

All of you saying EOC fixed combat clearly haven't played drygorescape and haven't ever put a foot in the wilderness.

Saying that is just plain ignorant.

Cons:

- No specials, which render many weapons useless (like claws, godswords,etc.)

- "Balanced" weapon tiers, meaning every weapon of the same metal (like dragon 2h, dragon dagger, dragon scimitar) has roughly the same damage per second, rendering 95% of weapons useless since you should now just use the weapon that offers the best attack bonus in order to break through any high defence

- stupidly quick kills due to the ridiculously overpowered specials

- the "rock-paper-scissors" style gameplay where black d'hide has the same armour as dragon plate but is just a different "type"

- the fact that certain creatures that shouldn't use things like magic or ranged now do.....

- Claws can be turned into Chaotic claws, Godswords are the best non-degradable slashing weapons in the game (and affordable, no less)

- I agree on that one, and I'm going to add that the weapons with the lower damage are completely useless since abilities don't care about weapon speed, so they actually have a lower DPS.

- Because you weren't getting stupidly quick kills with AGS spec and Dragon claws spec, right? Right??

- No comment

- Why should they not?

• Like 1

The economys dead right now just because EoC. Not botting, im pretty sure they can handle bots if they reaaalllly wanted to.

Uh, no, it isn't.

And then you proceed to admit that they aren't actually handling the bot problem properly (at least not well enough.)

GP drops and pickpocket etc don't bring in anything in terms of the GP in game, thats brought in buy stuff like high alch and selling to general stores.

What?

That makes no sense.

Jagex should take and erase a percentage of items put on the GE every day to remove items to reduce supply and at the same time I hope one of these new skills needs items from other skills AND costs 5 times what construction does. RS needs more money sinks if it has any hope of balancing out the economy.

They could take and erase a percentage of items put on the G.E. every day, but that would only be viable for items sold at current G.E. price if you ask me.

And making the new skill take 5 times as much money as Construction is only going to annoy the lower-level, poorer players and make high levels' lives easier.

I sincerely hope this goes through, the PvP community was beautiful and along with the hybrid ways and specs. Oh boy the joys i'll have!

The only kind of PvP community you would probably see are the same immature ones that were pking in the few months before EoC and were crying on the forums.

All of you saying EOC fixed combat clearly haven't played drygorescape and haven't ever put a foot in the wilderness.

Cons:

- "Balanced" weapon tiers, meaning every weapon of the same metal (like dragon 2h, dragon dagger, dragon scimitar) has roughly the same damage per second, rendering 95% of weapons useless since you should now just use the weapon that offers the best attack bonus in order to break through any high defence

- the "rock-paper-scissors" style gameplay where black d'hide has the same armour as dragon plate but is just a different "type"

- the fact that certain creatures that shouldn't use things like magic or ranged now do.....

- Claws can be turned into Chaotic claws, Godswords are the best non-degradable slashing weapons in the game (and affordable, no less)

- I agree on that one, and I'm going to add that the weapons with the lower damage are completely useless since abilities don't care about weapon speed, so they actually have a lower DPS.

- Because you weren't getting stupidly quick kills with AGS spec and Dragon claws spec, right? Right??

- No comment

- Why should they not?

Cut into pieces of conversation, and of course they will look illogical when you look at those specific parts. Comment after reading the entire chain, or don't comment at all. And don't bite off more than you can chew.

• Like 1

I like the graphics that come with it, but honestly, PVP just feels like it's a competition of button mashers.

EOC Pros: Graphics, cool moves, skills, etc.

Cons: No specials, which render many weapons useless (like claws, godswords,etc.), "Balanced" weapon tiers, meaning every weapon of the same metal (like dragon 2h, dragon dagger, dragon scimitar) has roughly the same damage per second, rendering 95% of weapons useless since you should now just use the weapon that offers the best attack bonus in order to break through any high defence, stupidly quick kills due to the ridiculously overpowered specials, the "rock-paper-scissors" style gameplay where black d'hide has the same armour as dragon plate but is just a different "type", the fact that certain creatures that shouldn't use things like magic or ranged now do.....

I would disagree and say that it's made many more weapons relevant than prior to EoC. Yes, they need to balance dual-wield weapons (although they are currently higher dps 2h weapons while using momentum). But overall it's made a lot more weapons relevant than the Whip/Rapier dominance of pre-EoC.

The rest of your cons are subjective.

Uh, no, it isn't.

What?

That makes no sense.

Cons:

- No comment

- Why should they not?

Cut into pieces of conversation, and of course they will look illogical when you look at those specific parts. Comment after reading the entire chain, or don't comment at all. And don't bite off more than you can chew.

Except I read the entire posts and cut away the parts that were relevant.

I just don't get what all the fuss is about.

Lets just wait and see what the community wants tomorrow. If this thing fails then Runescape moves on. It appears to me that the few who are against 2007scape are scared of it becoming dominant and everyone quitting main-stream RS.

What Jagex is doing is giving us a Democracy. This is to put all the whiners to rest. If 2007scape fails life moves on, if not then Jagex will know what the majority of it's players want and act accordingly.

• Like 1
Noctturne.png

No. What I am scared of is hundreds of thousands of people "voting" for 2007scape and then not playing it. That means Jagex would provide the service for a cost because of not enough interest they would lose out.

I am not against the idea, but I am against people who don't intend to seriously play signing this petition. That's bad because this is supposed to be an honest poll of how many people are interested in playing. That determines how much effort jagex puts in and for what cost.

I don't want to play but I wouldn't mind watching a fresh economy develop without impact of high value rares, or other GP incomes that occurred like the PvP statues and such.

• Like 3

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

No. What I am scared of is hundreds of thousands of people "voting" for 2007scape and then not playing it. That means Jagex would provide the service for a cost because of not enough interest they would lose out.

I am not against the idea, but I am against people who don't intend to seriously play signing this petition. That's bad because this is supposed to be an honest poll of how many people are interested in playing. That determines how much effort jagex puts in and for what cost.

I don't want to play but I wouldn't mind watching a fresh economy develop without impact of high value rares, or other GP incomes that occurred like the PvP statues and such.

Jagex's Facebook Page:

"We’ve listened to your feedback and Mod MMG addresses 2007 RuneScape! Share this as much as possible and get these votes in!"

9563 people like this

"Evolution of Combat updates are here all thanks to your fantastic feedback. Which one of the changes are you most excited to see?"

344 people like this

Noctturne.png

Jagex's Facebook Page:

"We’ve listened to your feedback and Mod MMG addresses 2007 RuneScape! Share this as much as possible and get these votes in!"

9563 people like this

"Evolution of Combat updates are here all thanks to your fantastic feedback. Which one of the changes are you most excited to see?"

344 people like this

Firstly I don't see the relevance to platinum myrs post, aside from you directing it at anyone vaguely pro-eoc.

1) 2007 rs is probably the biggest game-changer for runescape since the eoc. Any post on it is bound to get a lot of attention, especially if it's being shared everywhere for more exposure (which it is 2.7k shares).

2) Those EoC changes were incredibly minor. Changes to dragon lp and dungeoneering defence are incredibly underwhelming considering the changes that are expected. Berserk and resonance were nerfed (quite rightly) but I doubt people were happy with it.

Just because the second post mentions eoc does not mean you can take it as an indicator of eoc popularity. There are no statistics we can currently find that will give us a good idea until we wait for the vote to progress

• Like 2

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

I just don't get what all the fuss is about.

Lets just wait and see what the community wants tomorrow. If this thing fails then Runescape moves on. It appears to me that the few who are against 2007scape are scared of it becoming dominant and everyone quitting main-stream RS.

What Jagex is doing is giving us a Democracy. This is to put all the whiners to rest. If 2007scape fails life moves on, if not then Jagex will know what the majority of it's players want and act accordingly.

Honestly I have no problem with the poll, and the vocal anti-2007scape crowd are just as annoying as the vocal pro-2007scape and anti-EoC crowds.

The problem I have comes from the sentiment that "vote yes or you're selfish".

The poll is to gauge interest in the servers, yes?

By giving Jagex false data on what revenue they can expect, by voting yes if you don't plan on playing, from the project, the resources allocated to the project won't be justified by the actual revenue generated by the project. Hence there will be a loss in revenue, and it's not a stretch that this will come out of the main game development rather than Jagex's pockets.

This is the problem I have with you pro-2007scape crowd yelling for everyone to vote yes. You're the ones being selfish, not those that are voting truthfully.

I have no problems with the project coming to fruition if the interest is there. But encouraging giving Jagex false data on the interest in such a project is not the right way to go about it.

The rest of my points address my thoughts on the prevalence of EoC hatred and the likely popularity of a 2007scape server which, in my opinion isn't even close to what the vocal pro-2007scape crowd hypothesise.