• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

I'd venture to say by sunday night we will have ~80-90% of all the people who will vote have their vote in.

I fully expect the 50k mark. I'm just hoping it falls short of the 250k mark.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

At what time of day (GMT) did the poll open?

Around 13:00 I think.

For reference:

14k votes at 14:00

27k at 15:00

It seems to get 20-30 votes every 2-3 seconds. (i was refreshing, keep in mind that wont be totally acurate i guess.)

Also the good thing about it is now people are coming out of school. Peak time would be around 8-11pm GMT. Due to eastcoast america coming out of school and work. The weekend will be nice to see :D

The real indicators will be after a full 24 hours, and after the weekend has passed. After that I assume everyone that feels strongly about it will have voted and the incoming votes will slow significantly. Try to look at the changes in votes over a larger time frame than a few seconds for a more accurate picture though :P

Should hit 50k easily, maybe 250k ($15 is a bit much for an 07 server but 5 seems reasonable) but I doubt it'l hit 500-750k.

I just want to see figures. Its always nice. But 15$ i think was pulled out of his ass tbh. Lets say it had 15 servers at 15$ thats just pathetic. Concidering the main works just starting it up. Then the server pay and critical upgrades. Honestly they wont come very often.

For reference:

It seems to get 20-30 votes every 2-3 seconds. (i was refreshing, keep in mind that wont be totally acurate i guess.)

Also the good thing about it is now people are coming out of school. Peak time would be around 8-11pm GMT. Due to eastcoast america coming out of school and work. The weekend will be nice to see biggrin.gif

The real indicators will be after a full 24 hours, and after the weekend has passed. After that I assume everyone that feels strongly about it will have voted and the incoming votes will slow significantly. Try to look at the changes in votes over a larger time frame than a few seconds for a more accurate picture though :P

Should hit 50k easily, maybe 250k ($15 is a bit much for an 07 server but 5 seems reasonable) but I doubt it'l hit 500-750k.

I just want to see figures. Its always nice. But 15$ i think was pulled out of his ass tbh. Lets say it had 15 servers at 15$ thats just pathetic. Concidering the main works just starting it up. Then the server pay and critical upgrades. Honestly they wont come very often.

I hope the $15 sticks, if people want a new game they should pay the fees for it. Make it profitable jagex and bring in some money for the rest of us who support your desisions of growing the game.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I hope the $15 sticks, if people want a new game they should pay the fees for it. Make it profitable jagex and bring in some money for the rest of us who support your desisions of growing the game.

It's idiocy to assume that if you send them more money then the game will improve.

They allocate the money you send them as they see fit not as you want it.

You simply pay for the terms of service.

If anything, they have done a great job of pissing it away on failed games, games that never come out, idiotic marketing, and bloated staff in cushy offices making music videos and partying all day.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

For reference:

Also the good thing about it is now people are coming out of school. Peak time would be around 8-11pm GMT. Due to eastcoast america coming out of school and work. The weekend will be nice to see :D

I guess the $15 figure is to cover themselves if a very small number of people end up playing it, so they'll atleast make some profit afterall. They still need to pay salaries to the people doing critical upgrades at the end of the day, and that cost needs to be covered if its a dedicated team.

One thing, the additional membership cost would be in addition to your current members fee right? I can see Jagex getting some flak for that =/

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

It's idiocy to assume that if you send them more money then the game will improve.

If anything, they have done a great job of pissing it away on failed games, games that never come out, idiotic marketing, and bloated staff in cushy offices making music videos and partying all day.

They've also reinvested more money than they made in profits to double the size of the Runescape team to allow them to bring high quality content more frequently (eg the much higher quality on quests)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

They've also reinvested more money than they made in profits to double the size of the Runescape team to allow them to bring high quality content more frequently (eg the much higher quality on quests)

To be honest, I think thats bull. I've seen worse content in the last year than ever. I think its just Jagex trying to make a good image for them selves.

To be honest, I think thats bull. I've seen worse content in the last year than ever. I think its just Jagex trying to make a good image for them selves.

What would you list as some of the worst content ever?

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

For reference:

Also the good thing about it is now people are coming out of school. Peak time would be around 8-11pm GMT. Due to eastcoast america coming out of school and work. The weekend will be nice to see biggrin.gif

Thats harsh. Just because you dont like the idea it doesnt mean it should make other suffer. And that 15$ would be MORE than enough to keep it going. Not only that the profits always go back to RuneScape live anyway. I dont really think you understand the game plan they have set.

I'd venture to say by sunday night we will have ~80-90% of all the people who will vote have their vote in.

I fully expect the 50k mark. I'm just hoping it falls short of the 250k mark.

i agree with this. really want to see how many of these rabid nostalgiac's put their money where their mouths are at $15 a month...

• Like 1

begbie.png

It is better to remain silent and be thought a noob than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

For reference:

Thats harsh. Just because you dont like the idea it doesnt mean it should make other suffer. And that 15$ would be MORE than enough to keep it going. Not only that the profits always go back to RuneScape live anyway. I dont really think you understand the game plan they have set.

See the part that I like about this is no matter what the additional fee is your approaching the value of buying a wow membership. For anyone who wants the old style of combat your delusional. There was no "skill" or anything like that to participate in Rs PvP, if your willing to pay that much for combat, go play WoW, it is tenfold the game in terms of PvP combat.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Over the whole year, it lacked ALOT of quests, Most of them were so small. And Most again were reworks. Theres way to much focus on reworking (and sometimes downgrading). EoC was the biggest flop in Runescape. Not because the combat. Im not really into it. But I can say its not the worst.

An update such as EoC did alot of damage to Runescape. What im angry about is Mod Mark was so ignorant in proving himself that he took ALOT if not most of the game content down with him. Dead minigames, quest rewards, useless weapons and armours. The list goes on. Not the combat its self

I think thats a fair point to you EoC. One update to kill alot of updates? Bad spending, Bad leadership, Outragously bad development.

Im not you love jagex and your EoC. But if you fail to see the damage it caused then just wow.

For reference:

See the part that I like about this is no matter what the additional fee is your approaching the value of buying a wow membership. For anyone who wants the old style of combat your delusional. There was no "skill" or anything like that to participate in Rs PvP, if your willing to pay that much for combat, go play WoW, it is tenfold the game in terms of PvP combat.

Wows a much better built game than RS. Honestly. Whod pay that much over wow anyway? What you dont understand is people like that combat. If you dont fair enough. But to say its wrong and to put it down because of selfish reasons is pretty sad. And to even bring wow into this is backwards. They was RS combat. You're only looking for excuses.

And I am good with 5$ but to wish people payout more is wrong. If jagex charged you 15$ for EoC youd be pissed.

Some would argue button mashing is no skill. The fact is. Look at the wild now. its dead. Look at it back then. Full.

I still think that you missed the point where they needed to move away from the old combat system to bring in new customers. Who wants to play a point and click grindy game anyway if you have nothing already invested in it?

I wasn't really a fan of the EoC, but I got over it. There is so much more to RuneScape than just combat.

• Like 2

Over the whole year, it lacked ALOT of quests, Most of them were so small. And Most again were reworks. Theres way to much focus on reworking (and sometimes downgrading). EoC was the biggest flop in Runescape. Not because the combat. Im not really into it. But I can say its not the worst.

An update such as EoC did alot of damage to Runescape. What im angry about is Mod Mark was so ignorant in proving himself that he took ALOT if not most of the game content down with him. Dead minigames, quest rewards, useless weapons and armours. The list goes on. Not the combat its self

I think thats a fair point to you EoC. One update to kill alot of updates? Bad spending, Bad leadership, Outragously bad development.

Im not you love jagex and your EoC. But if you fail to see the damage it caused then just wow.

I'm not saying the EoC was without fault, but the fact that you blame it on Mark is laughable.

The reason that the EoC was a flop was due to the mentality of the players. If we worked in a system where we didn't recieve and update every week, and got down right pissy when we didn't, then they could have stopped wasting time and resources building two games concurrently and just straight up developed one.

Go back a year, have Jagex say hey guys, we are working on the biggest update ever, this is going to mean you won't see regular content updates for a while, but thats okay because what we are bringing you will be AMAZING.

But they couldn't do that, because the player base is ignorant to the fact that the treatment they receive in terms of rapid updates is unheard of in the gaming industry.

For everyone that complains about the EoC being unfinished, the only person to blame is the community.

• Like 4

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Wows a much better built game than RS. Honestly. Whod pay that much over wow anyway? What you dont understand is people like that combat. If you dont fair enough. But to say its wrong and to put it down because of selfish reasons is pretty sad. And to even bring wow into this is backwards. They was RS combat. You're only looking for excuses.

And I am good with 5$ but to wish people payout more is wrong. If jagex charged you 15$ for EoC youd be pissed.

Some would argue button mashing is no skill. The fact is. Look at the wild now. its dead. Look at it back then. Full.

Remember there are a lot of other reasons the wildy is as quiet as it is now. Free trade removal drove a lot of people away, and back in 2007 pvp was a much larger proportion of the game. Nowadays we have many more bosses/skills/minigames/d&ds to be getting on with, not to mention the efficiency trend of recent years which would judge pvp a waste of time.

• Like 1

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

i agree with this. really want to see how many of these rabid nostalgiac's put their money where their mouths are at $15 a month...

Just renewed membership to vote. :wink:

24wahqg.jpg

I still think that you missed the point where they needed to move away from the old combat system to bring in new customers. Who wants to play a point and click grindy game anyway if you have nothing already invested in it?

I wasn't really a fan of the EoC, but I got over it. There is so much more to RuneScape than just combat.

But I agree, They needed better combat. EoC was the wrong choice though. Because of the mass mess it created. Simple as that. Facts are still there that the wilds dead. Its a massive mess.

I'm not saying the EoC was without fault, but the fact that you blame it on Mark is laughable.

The reason that the EoC was a flop was due to the mentality of the players. If we worked in a system where we didn't recieve and update every week, and got down right pissy when we didn't, then they could have stopped wasting time and resources building two games concurrently and just straight up developed one.

Go back a year, have Jagex say hey guys, we are working on the biggest update ever, this is going to mean you won't see regular content updates for a while, but thats okay because what we are bringing you will be AMAZING.

But they couldn't do that, because the player base is ignorant to the fact that the treatment they receive in terms of rapid updates is unheard of in the gaming industry.

For everyone that complains about the EoC being unfinished, the only person to blame is the community.

Funnny thing is, Jagex said the EoC its self came out to soon. I dont even know what you're trying to prove. They had a whole team work on EoC. They had a beta which they closed to early. They did not listen to feedback concerning the concepts. They only wanted tweeks. This is not the community this is Jagex.

Mod mark is very very egotistic. I also think hes not a strong leader. Maybe thats a personal opinion to me. But the facts are there in player drops and feedback.

For reference:

What is there to like about RNG? That all RS combat was, who got lucky and got the big hits first. Sure knowing when to spec and that required some thought, and learning to click through the tabs took some practice. The thing is, rs combat is something you could build a program to do, there is ZERO thought required. You want quality combat, thats what EoC is trying to do, its still a ways off, and part of it is the lack of abilites, which is brought on by the mentallity of the combat triangle.

There are countless ways to improve the EoC version of the game and I only wish that this delusional devotion to 07 scape had been better spent on constructively improving EoC.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Remember there are a lot of other reasons the wildy is as quiet as it is now. Free trade removal drove a lot of people away, and back in 2007 pvp was a much larger proportion of the game. Nowadays we have many more bosses/skills/minigames/d&ds to be getting on with, not to mention the efficiency trend of recent years which would judge pvp a waste of time.

Again, before EoC it was much fuller. And the thing is with the efficiency arguement. People mostly do that here on forums like this. That is not the mass community. Most players just get on with it how they want. Updates such as free trade removal only damage the community very large impacts like this last along time. EoC is the same. It takes massive chunks out. These kind of things speed up game deaths. 60-80k people online average is very poor compared to before.

Just renewed membership to vote. :wink:

apparently the medical facilities in New Zealand are top notch, i advise using them ASAP ;)

• Like 1

begbie.png

It is better to remain silent and be thought a noob than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

But I agree, They needed better combat. EoC was the wrong choice though. Because of the mass mess it created. Simple as that. Facts are still there that the wilds dead. Its a massive mess.

Funnny thing is, Jagex said the EoC its self came out to soon. I dont even know what you're trying to prove. They had a whole team work on EoC. They had a beta which they closed to early. They did not listen to feedback concerning the concepts. They only wanted tweeks. This is not the community this is Jagex.

Mod mark is very very egotistic. I also think hes not a strong leader. Maybe thats a personal opinion to me. But the facts are there in player drops and feedback.

You completely ignored the fact that its the PLAYERS fault that EoC came out to early. It was unsustainable for jagex to develope all new content twice, it just doesn't make good business sense so they had two options, release EoC early and just brute force the fixes afterwards, or stop putting out content updates and focus on the EoC.

Now, truth is in the history, if you look back to when they stopped garunteeing updates every week and removed the BTS the outrage of not getting frequent updates was huges, on the other hand they know no one likes a buggy game so they had a choice to make. Did they make the right one? Who is to say, maybe no updates for 3 months would have been a better option and cost them less players, we'll never know, they wont either. But at the end of the day, blame the players, not Jagex.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

For reference:

36k at 16:00

safersbanner.png