• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

Apparently these guys are spamming en masse everywhere, including friend's chats. A bunch of thugs.

Eh the more pressure they put on people to do something the less likely they are to do it anyway. It's not like there's any negative repercussions for not voting to force them into it

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

You know, this could be an interesting experiment. A base game with everyone starting from scratch with no G/E, no boss-hunting, no rares, no summoning and no dungeoneering. Just players and skills to train …

Gee - I wonder how long before for the player-base totally FUBAR’s it?

My recollection of the pre-GE/”old” Wildy/free-trade Runescape of 2007, was world-upon-world of overcrowded bots, such that you couldn’t swing a dead cat without hitting one. I’ll wager that you’ll have that exact same thing within the first 10-15 minutes they launch the servers.

Then again, I could be wrong – but I’ll probably won’t be …

nyuseg.png

I just texted a bunch of my old RS friends who I still keep up with to let them know about the vote and I presume many others are doing the same. We should have 50k by the end of the day, if not, tomorrow :thumbsup:.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

The poll needs a "no" vote that is visible (there is no abstention count). People who oppose this have an interest at stake too, it should be represented.

I agree I'd like to see that number, just for the sake of knowing the numbers. Also it would give a more honest opinion, a firm no is better than abstaining and then being pressured into a yes, though I can't see that happening that much

Edit; I don't think there was ever any doubt of this hitting 50k :P It'll be interesting to see what the final count ends up as, with ~1.3m active members 750k would be a big ask

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

You know, this could be an interesting experiment. A base game with everyone starting from scratch with no G/E, no boss-hunting, no rares, no summoning and no dungeoneering. Just players and skills to train …

My recollection of the pre-GE/”old” Wildy/free-trade Runescape of 2007, was world-upon-world of overcrowded bots, such that you couldn’t swing a dead cat without hitting one. I’ll wager that you’ll have that exact same thing within the first 10-15 minutes they launch the servers.

I know the first thing I would do is start slaying. Like a maniac. It was a very good skill for money back in those days.

Or train magic for teleports.

I know the first thing I would do is start slaying. Like a maniac. It was a very good skill for money back in those days.

It was only a good skill because there was lots of money in the game (through alching, all the years of drops, etc etc), and it had became concentrated, so there were wealthy players. In a new hypothetical RS, it would take years, if not at least several months before anyone accumulated enough money to pay handsomely enough to make Slayer a good money-maker or as good a moneymaker as it was.

A factor that will be interesting:

Really if everyone voted logically they ought to ONLY vote when it is close to or in the threshold region they would actually play, but of course inevitably they all spam vote now. So even if it does pass 50k and got no further odds are only maybe 10% if your lucky will actually be willing to pay the price for that tier.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Imagine all those SoF bots logging into a 2007 server on release, and being purposed to their general bot duties. Ooh.

That leads me to wonder whether there will even be enough demand to create a RWT market.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Quests will be big at first too. You'll basically be restricted to dragon scims(and longs before that) before whips become available. Also, treasure trails will provide most of the armor you'll need at first. I'm guessing herblore will be one of the biggest moneymakers as you can't get potions from anywhere else.

It was only a good skill because there was lots of money in the game (through alching, all the years of drops, etc etc), and it had became concentrated, so there were wealthy players. In a new hypothetical RS, it would take years, if not at least several months before anyone accumulated enough money to pay handsomely enough to make Slayer a good money-maker or as good a moneymaker as it was.

Money is actually fast to accumulate. People alching various drops and resources accumulates money very fast.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I just checked and, apparently, unids were removed from the game in September 2007. There's a nice money maker.

Hamtaro.png

How would people go about generating all that coin, though? Alchemy only really gets going at level 55 Magic (buy runes from shops to train), and most activities like pickpocketing or selling stuff to a general store would take quite a bit of time.

I'd guess that a market more dependent on barter trade would come into being, except for the fact that it'd rely on a pretty good community to pull off.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Money is actually fast to accumulate. People alching various drops and resources accumulates money very fast.

Indeed but to alchemise drops, you need drops and runes and resources. When Slayer was first released, RS had been here for 4 years and there was already lots of wealth. In a new hypothetical RS, it's going to take time and dedication to reach that stage. Also, remember, that this RS won't have half the players that played the original 2001-2006 RS, so it will take them even longer.

I like the graphics that come with it, but honestly, PVP just feels like it's a competition of button mashers.

EOC Pros: Graphics, cool moves, skills, etc.

Cons: No specials, which render many weapons useless (like claws, godswords,etc.), "Balanced" weapon tiers, meaning every weapon of the same metal (like dragon 2h, dragon dagger, dragon scimitar) has roughly the same damage per second, rendering 95% of weapons useless since you should now just use the weapon that offers the best attack bonus in order to break through any high defence, stupidly quick kills due to the ridiculously overpowered specials, the "rock-paper-scissors" style gameplay where black d'hide has the same armour as dragon plate but is just a different "type", the fact that certain creatures that shouldn't use things like magic or ranged now do.....

I can be way off base, but did you ever notice that the ability "Two shot" is the really the carbon copy of the old magic bow/darkbow specials. and did you also notice Havoc is the same as the rune/dragon claw special? Did you also miss that the godswords have passive ability the same as their old specials? Also, the "rock-papaer-scissor" style gameplay you refer to is a combat triangle, the one this game was SUPPOSE to have in the beginning, but was seriously broken and turned into "Chaoticrapierscape" in recent times. Yes black d'hide = dragon. Because black d'hide is the armor "dragon" for RANGERS.

Also to one of your earlier comments. We aren't scared. e just don't care for it/want it. Just like you don't want EoC. And that's the point we are trying to get at. You didn't want EoC so you got them to do this. We don't want 2007scape, so we won't vote.

• Like 2

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

At what time of day (GMT) did the poll open?

Around 13:00 I think.

For reference:

14k votes at 14:00

27k at 15:00

safersbanner.png

Also ping it's easy to state one is ignorant but I guess that's just cognitive dissonance on your part. :D (see what I did there -_-?)

It IS ignorant to claim that a person must have never set foot in wildy just because they have a different opinion.

• Like 1

For reference:

It seems to get 20-30 votes every 2-3 seconds. (i was refreshing, keep in mind that wont be totally acurate i guess.)

Also the good thing about it is now people are coming out of school. Peak time would be around 8-11pm GMT. Due to eastcoast america coming out of school and work. The weekend will be nice to see :D

For reference:

Almost double the numbers in 1 hour. I think I have to agree with Sy. They will en mass vote very quickly and I'm very positive they'll even reach 250k, but it will get very slow and almost painful once they break 200k because of the early voting. Then again it was mentioned RS has 1.3m active users. how many of those are semi-retired not becuase of EoC but because of life? Can't wait to see the results.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

For reference:

It seems to get 20-30 votes every 2-3 seconds. (i was refreshing, keep in mind that wont be totally acurate i guess.)

Also the good thing about it is now people are coming out of school. Peak time would be around 8-11pm GMT. Due to eastcoast america coming out of school and work. The weekend will be nice to see :D

The real indicators will be after a full 24 hours, and after the weekend has passed. After that I assume everyone that feels strongly about it will have voted and the incoming votes will slow significantly. Try to look at the changes in votes over a larger time frame than a few seconds for a more accurate picture though :P

Should hit 50k easily, maybe 250k ($15 is a bit much for an 07 server but $5 seems reasonable) but I doubt it'l hit 500-750k.

safersbanner.png