Boston Marathon Murders

RpgGamer

I don't think anybody will argue what the two guys did wasn't wrong, but that was a problem with them, not the cameras. If getting peeped on is the worst that can happen with cameras (which is preventable with blinds or a curtain) then I say put them everywhere.

Exactly.

Sure, the act of peeping isn't morally right (and apparently not legal neither) but in some crimes and events you can blame the victim.

If you leave an iPod out in the subway station floor you're not going to see it again. The act of stealing it is immoral and illegal but if you're looking for someone to really blame look to yourself for leaving it there.

Getting undressed with the curtains open is same thing. Just because you heard the "don't blame victim" idea in some rape debate, doesn't mean it can be applied everywhere.

Ya'll sound like you're cool and comfortable knowing you could be being filmed/recorded at even your most personal moments.

I'm not pleasant with the idea but I sure don't equate that to 1984, a nanny state, or Nazi Germany.

Now if you want to relate this to the level of sexual assault, that's your will. I just don't feel this is such a crime she thinks it is, the police thinks it is, nor what Sees All thinks it is.

You keep poking fun at people that stand up against a cradle to grave nanny state government, calling their fears irrational and misplaced. Soft tyranny and oppression are very real, and the only thing that scares me more than big brother are the proles that are either oblivious to it or too apathetic to give a damn.

I only make fun of people who unnecessarily stand up for changes. To me, this camera thing isn't nearly as big of a deal as some would say it is.

Privacy, I feel, is often way overrepresented in American politics. If it can prevent or catch the criminal more effectively, then I don't give a damn if you feel molested while watering your garden by that lamppost camera.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Looks like one of the [bleep]ers has been shot dead. Good riddance.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I don't think anybody will argue what the two guys did wasn't wrong, but that was a problem with them, not the cameras. If getting peeped on is the worst that can happen with cameras (which is preventable with blinds or a curtain) then I say put them everywhere.

Exactly.

Sure, the act of peeping isn't morally right (and apparently not legal neither) but in some crimes and events you can blame the victim.

If you leave an iPod out in the subway station floor you're not going to see it again. The act of stealing it is immoral and illegal but if you're looking for someone to really blame look to yourself for leaving it there.

Getting undressed with the curtains open is same thing. Just because you heard the "don't blame victim" idea in some rape debate, doesn't mean it can be applied everywhere.

Ya'll sound like you're cool and comfortable knowing you could be being filmed/recorded at even your most personal moments.

I'm not pleasant with the idea but I sure don't equate that to 1984, a nanny state, or Nazi Germany.

Now if you want to relate this to the level of sexual assault, that's your will. I just don't feel this is such a crime she thinks it is, the police thinks it is, nor what Sees All thinks it is.

You keep poking fun at people that stand up against a cradle to grave nanny state government, calling their fears irrational and misplaced. Soft tyranny and oppression are very real, and the only thing that scares me more than big brother are the proles that are either oblivious to it or too apathetic to give a damn.

I only make fun of people who unnecessarily stand up for changes. To me, this camera thing isn't nearly as big of a deal as some would say it is.

Privacy, I feel, is often way overrepresented in American politics. If it can prevent or catch the criminal more effectively, then I don't give a damn if you feel molested while watering your garden by that lamppost camera.

I can't help but quote Ben Franklin here.... "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

• Like 1

I can't help but quote Ben Franklin here.... "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Yes, quoting a rich bastard living in a different time with enough power and money to obtain all the protection he needed? Sure, it's a valid quote. :roll:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Friend told me that a CNN reported apparently said that "If the bombers were Irish, we would think they were part of the IRA"

Absolute disgraceful stereotype that all Irish people would be members of the IRA

• Like 1

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Of course, the word 'essential' here is vastly open to interpretation.

I doubt the word "they" in that sentence encompasses the entire Irish population Draz, more like they as in the perpentrators, IRA had a history in NI and made world news around, if the culprits were indeed found to be Irish, then people would think the guys who did it were probably IRA. Which is vastly different than to think all irish are a part of IRA.

If they think all of the bombings were IRA without being proven it was done by the irish, thats a different story.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

MY roomate went to school with the 19 year old. He had a friend check their yearbook and they found him in there.

Because being a citizen of Boston has gotten us stuck in a citywide lockdown I may try to get a good picture of it.... My roomate disagrees and I'm sorta on the fence with him too.

It shocks me that I have been both within 10 miles of the last 2 big attacks (I was visting a friend in Naugatuck CT when Newtown occured and I was literally 100 yards away from the explosions this past monday) and I am older than 2/3 of the attackers, which is a first for me. Its quite surreal.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

Friend told me that a CNN reported apparently said that "If the bombers were Irish, we would think they were part of the IRA"

Absolute disgraceful stereotype that all Irish people would be members of the IRA

CNN's coverage has been embarrassing and most of the time entirely wrong in the past couple of days.

e - to clarify, CNN-US

• Like 2

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Yes, quoting a rich bastard living in a different time with enough power and money to obtain all the protection he needed? Sure, it's a valid quote. :roll:

I'm going to quote you next time someone quotes Obama, Bloomberg, Biden, Pelosi et al.
  • Like 2

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Related note: The train I take to school has recently been fitted with video cameras AND audio recording devices. There's now signs that basically say "we're watching". I'll take a picture of it for you guys tomorrow because it bothers me to the point of wanting to don a Guy Fawkes mask.

I will never understand why this stuff bothers people. There's nothing to worry about unless you're committing crimes.

[bleep]. You.

Yeah, we're just gonna randomly search your house. Don't worry, there's nothing to worry about unless you're actually committing a crime.

You look funny. We're taking you down to the station and searching you. Don't worry, unless there's nothing to worry about unless you actually commit a crime.

Following your logic, that's also acceptable.

"Any society willing to give up a little liberty for a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

I like this quote too.

Now, granted, providing studies there are studies that show that video cameras prevent crime, I'm ok with cameras. Although, it does make me wonder - are there studies on how effective video cameras are at crime prevention, and if so, what do they say?

• Like 1

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Related note: The train I take to school has recently been fitted with video cameras AND audio recording devices. There's now signs that basically say "we're watching". I'll take a picture of it for you guys tomorrow because it bothers me to the point of wanting to don a Guy Fawkes mask.

I will never understand why this stuff bothers people. There's nothing to worry about unless you're committing crimes.

[bleep]. You.

Yeah, we're just gonna randomly search your house. Don't worry, there's nothing to worry about unless you're actually committing a crime.

You look funny. We're taking you down to the station and searching you. Don't worry, unless there's nothing to worry about unless you actually commit a crime.

"Any society willing to give up a little liberty for a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

I like this quote too.

Now, granted, providing studies there are studies that show that video cameras prevent crime, I'm ok with cameras. Although, it does make me wonder - are there studies on how effective video cameras are at crime prevention, and if so, what do they say?

Putting cameras in public places does not impede on your rights or liberties. Every store in the world has security cameras but people hardly notice those. What makes this any different?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

[bleep]. You.

I like this quote too.

We're talking strictly about camera survailence. Again, one idea doesn't apply to all. Not worrying because you did nothing wrong would wonderfully apply to cameras. It does not apply well to random (racially motivated) random searches (which waste time to the detainee).

They're different things so please don't take the justification for one specific security method and apply it to all security methods.

siggy3s.jpg

really what motive does chechnya have to actually bomb the U.S. U.S. and Israel are arming and funding most of their terrorist, excuse me, freedom fighters, since they are on the U.s.'s side, groups against russia.

They're making such a big stink about nationality and not even looking into motive.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

And that very same day 50 people died after a series of bombings took place in Iraq, where's the headlines on that? Or are we being elitist again?

I'd rather things like this bombing simply go unreported as well since it does nothing but spread fear and irrationality.

Finally! Somebody gets it!

1356555333192.jpg

If you think of the media as a business, it doesn't make any sense not to do these--it's an appeal to charity. He's right, of course. The best you can do is tune out and not support those news sources that do this.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!