24-Apr-2013 - Charm Sprites: Catch Them If You Can!

Ambler

Just finished the 1000 charm sprite thing for the upgrade. There are no words to describe

HOW [bleep]ING ANNOYING IT IS WHEN THE [bleep]ING BUSH STOPS SHAKING WHILE YOUR LURE IS AIRBORNE

Swore until my face turned red, then tripped while getting out of my chair ... now I'm ready to kill something.

• Like 5

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Just finished the 1000 charm sprite thing for the upgrade. There are no words to describe

HOW [bleep]ING ANNOYING IT IS WHEN THE [bleep]ING BUSH STOPS SHAKING WHILE YOUR LURE IS AIRBORNE

Swore until my face turned red, then tripped while getting out of my chair ... now I'm ready to kill something.

Hey - on the bright side - it's all gone back to "dead content" for you, once again ... :lol:

nyuseg.png

So I just tried this thing out. I've been there before the update a bit, and I did enjoy it, but it had its issues. Now it's a lot more fun. I couldn't get myself to stop, actually. But then like a bit over an hour later I got over 1000 more catches. Holy shit was that fast.

vwzXgGA.jpg

But I swear, these bushes are b***ches and when I find you witches who make the bushes stop the twitches just as I'm about to get the catches I swear I'll getcha's and put ya'll in stitches.

• Like 7

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I too have made that mistake, several times.

This is step forward but I with they brought back the first one. One without a black background.

It would be very nice if they did away with every screen-filling black background. It's hard to play a social game when everything covers your chat box for no apparent reason.

Not really seeing how people are getting the 1k sprites in 1.5-2 hours, but whatever. At a slightly attentive and leisurely pace I've gotten about 3/4 that in 2 hours. No big deal... I'll finish it up in the morning i think.

Also 1.9k out of 10k starlight ore from making one of the new items.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

anyone else sad jagex had a great idea for making new higher smithables and instead we get another cosmetic sof promotion?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

anyone else sad jagex had a great idea for making new higher smithables and instead we get another cosmetic sof promotion?

Sad, maybe not, but slightly annoyed?

Indeed.

They could have integrated starlight ore, diamonds and weapons into a Mining and Smithing rework and it would've done fine.

• Like 1

Yep, they did not think this through at all. All they thought of was they almighty dollar yet again sadly.

I just posted on the Recent Updates forum, they could have made it so that when mining a shooting star you get some starlight ore randomly like you go anagogic orts. Then when you claim you're reward from the sprite you'd get a set amount of starlight ore included in you're reward as well.

They could have put starborn gems (Not just diamond but all different kinds) at the gem mines in shilo and breathe new life into that area again.

xxteargodxx.png

Yep, they did not think this through at all. All they thought of was they almighty dollar yet again sadly.

I just posted on the Recent Updates forum, they could have made it so that when mining a shooting star you get some starlight ore randomly like you go anagogic orts. Then when you claim you're reward from the sprite you'd get a set amount of starlight ore included in you're reward as well.

They could have put starborn gems (Not just diamond but all different kinds) at the gem mines in shilo and breathe new life into that area again.

I was thinking exactly the same... Mining&smithing has been neglected for so long. It's sad :(

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Starlight ore has an increased chance from mining shooting stars.

Read the FAQ FFS... And I agree a bit on the rework. I feel this is a bit of foreshadowing... Or optimism at least.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Smithing is supposed to get a rework this year--I doubt they would release any major non-quest smithing additions until then, sadly. They already said they won't be doing any major Summoning updates until the rework for that, probably the same for Smithing.

It's nice to have some neat Mining-related thing to do at least. It gives you a nice goal to work towards, in order to get a pretty great looking set of weapons that have good stats for their level. They've sort of taken the Christmas Presents idea and spread it out over lots of different item sources to make it more interesting.

These sort of events, where the rewards aren't unique to the SoF, are my favorite kind of SoF updates.

• Like 1

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Apparently starlight ore can be traded to Ivar in the Artisan's workshop for 5 mining xp/1 ore.

MINING BECOMES BUYABLE! (for a limited time only at about 100gp/xp)

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.