Slayer not worth it anymore?

humzaali123

Whip = 100k...

D bow = under 100k...

Need a new slayer monster which drops something good?

If you're gonna say go to 07scape then don't bother with it. I've spent so long maxing and i'm not wasting another 7 years of my life doing it again...

Any tips for making slayer fun?

If you aren't level 99. In my opinion. That should be enough motivation to keep doing it. It's a very fun skill, but if you still play eoc without money. I would recommend camping something like Nex or Automatons 'till you make about 200m. Then go get that max cape :P

I never thought training slayer as a money maker since the tasks are far too unpredictable, even with task banning. You get some tasks which can be decent money, then you get some which are outright horrible etc.

Getting the slayer level to kill something new is something I strive for, but I have learned to never expect *anything* when actually training it (ironic, since earning money with slayer and training slayer are two completely different things). But the only slayer monster that is really worth anything is pretty much ganodermic beasts, and even those might not compare to bosses such as QBD. Ganodermics does have the easy to kill appeal though (I know plenty of people who outright refuse to even go near any boss).

• Like 2

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Slaying is still the fastest way to train slayer. It's been terrible money for years, if you MH for tasks with QBD as a black dragon, kk as a kalphite, kree as an aviansie and kril as a greater demon, it's probably the best gp/hr it's been in years.

anyway, effigy nerf killed slayer for me. RIP effigyscape.

• Like 2

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Slaying is still the fastest way to train slayer. It's been terrible money for years, if you MH for tasks with QBD as a black dragon, kk as a kalphite, kree as an aviansie and kril as a greater demon, it's probably the best gp/hr it's been in years.

Buying spins is the fastest way to train slayer

Buying spins is the fastest way to cheat at training slayer

fixed.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

This isnt a new line of thinking, either.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/203978-slayer-sucks/

• Like 2

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Ganos, frost dragons, abyssal demons (if you sell the ashes and use the tower), automatons and blue dragons are solid gp.

The value is in the common drops so don't litter the floor.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

• 2 months later...

Was a bit surprised by the massive drop in most slayer stuff when I returned to RS. But with the EOC and the shift/changing of stats etc it made sense.... Things become obsolete and you move on. When you want to compare it...Whips at one point were 40-60 mil....How do you think those people who sold whips at those prices felt when they were say 10 mil a piece? Its no different than 1mil down to 100k......

peever142.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Holy balls whips are only 100k? The last time I logged on was when they released that update that supposedly made them better and I bought like 30 and put them on the GE hoping to log on a year later with a decent profit, but I forgot about it and I don't even remember when that was

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

do it, for the gainz

when the hell did number1boss use tip.it forums ahahahahaha!!

anyway for this rant - there is still so many ways to make moeny out of slayer, once you unlock the level for the higher creatures you can camp them for easy profits likee:

- ascension dungeon

- airuts

- abyssal demons

Alot of other slayer tasks now though make a few hundred K just with common loots.

Runescape is a haven..

The decrease in prices is something that none of us can sadly control.

As for if it's worth it or not, my dream was to kill nechyearls, and you know what? It was worth it for me, because they truly are like greater demons but with even better drops.

The drops between nechyearls and greater demons might be nearly identical. But nechs can drop 10 death runes at a time as opposed to 5, and they drop them more often than greaters too. And they drop 37 chaos runes at a time as opposed to 15.

And not to mention all these valuable seeds. I for one am glad I'm finally able kill these monsters.

I don't kill monsters for the money, I do it because I enjoy it.

The decrease in prices is something that none of us can sadly control.

As for if it's worth it or not, my dream was to kill nechyearls, and you know what? It was worth it for me, because they truly are like greater demons but with even better drops.

The drops between nechyearls and greater demons might be nearly identical. But nechs can drop 10 death runes at a time as opposed to 5, and they drop them more often than greaters too. And they drop 37 chaos runes at a time as opposed to 15.

And not to mention all these valuable seeds. I for one am glad I'm finally able kill these monsters.

I don't kill monsters for the money, I do it because I enjoy it.

This is probably my biggest problem with RS and the cause of its downfall, when you get to the point where you're not playing the game for fun but for work you know there is something wrong with it. Most games you play to level, but with RS you have to level to play, not to mention spend thousands of hours grinding

• Like 1

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

This is probably my biggest problem with RS and the cause of its downfall, when you get to the point where you're not playing the game for fun but for work you know there is something wrong with it. Most games you play to level, but with RS you have to level to play, not to mention spend thousands of hours grinding

I'm sorry I don't know what you mean by "You have to level to play.".

Also, it's not an absolute requirement to get a high level in most stats.

I for one don't aim for that, I just play the game for fun. Which is why I spend most of the time killing monsters. That's something I find a lot of fun.