Training prayer in OS is far too click intensive :(

Powerfrog

I'm completely against things like bonfires, but I've just bought dbones for 70 prayer and busy training it... Wow it's annoying.

You have to right click the bone, ensure you click "use", click the altar. Again and again and again. And again. And again.

I'm going to have carpel tunnel if I keep training.

I really hope EOC altar offering gets a poll sometime in the future. Would you vote yes?

CNqWHdA.jpg

Nope, I wouldn't

You wanted 07, you got it ;)

You wanted 07, you got it.

You don't have to play, go back to EoC you want things done easier. :)

899th to 120 attack! August 9, 2014~!

I'm getting really tired of the "you wanted 07!" comments, especially from people that don't play OSRS.

No. The date jagex chose to roll back their game to a point before they royally messed it up was never run by me, if it was I'd probably have chosen early 2011.

OSRS is evolving and being updated much like the live game is, it is not set in stone and it is open to improvements. You may think some changes such as this would not be an improvement to the game and you are entitled to that opinion, but for the love of god can you stop with the "there was no automated alter in 2007 so I don't want (you to have) it now!"

I'm happy to do a few hours of annoying clicking, but I think it's a bad user interface that could be made much better by simply automating the process or making "use" a left click option.

• Like 3

CNqWHdA.jpg

I play Old School. I've stopped going for max after Old School launched.

Pointed it out due to your comment of, "from people that don't play OSRS."

:)

899th to 120 attack! August 9, 2014~!

I play Old School. I've stopped going for max after Old School launched.

Pointed it out due to your comment of, "from people that don't play OSRS."

:)

It doesn't make your "point" any more valid.

I didn't want "07", i wanted "not SOF solomons EOC soulsplit here have some free xp"

CNqWHdA.jpg

The make x, do x, fletch x, cook x, offer x, cut x etc updates are quite possibly my most hated of all Runescape updates. Players have wanted a simple option to toggle it on and off for [bleep]ing years. Instead they make the interface slower and take up the entire screen. Jagex, fixing things that are not broken since 2001.

• Like 5
I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

I like things where there's almost "no limit" on how fast you can do them except the speed at which you can accurately click. There should have always existed a toggle for Do X.

Yes a toggle would be excellent. If you feel like min maxing, go nuts, but not everyone has to be subjected to it.

Only problem with the "no limit" stuff is how susceptible it is to bots or macros. I remember seeing people get 1m+ fletch xp/hour using macros on unfinished bolts and feathers. A realistic yet very high speed human limit is always best.

CNqWHdA.jpg

To OP:

that's how we did it back in 07, you are just getting a taste of what we had to go through

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

To OP:

that's how we did it back in 07, you are just getting a taste of what we had to go through

I played before 07, i didn't like it then, I don't like it now. Tradition is a bad excuse to avoid improving something.

@ ignore bot potential to abuse system. Sure, happy to. I don't see Jagex doing it though. By realistic human limit i meant like 10 clicks a second anyway. You can't do 10 clicks a second, but it stops a bot from doing 1000 a second.

CNqWHdA.jpg

They never improved RSC and people still played it, not exactly an excuse, but if you changed OSRS, would/could you call it OSRS?

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

They never improved RSC and people still played it, not exactly an excuse, but if you changed OSRS, would/could you call it OSRS?

They're changing OSRS every week. There are polls to add or update content that include things that were only ever implemented into the main game in 2012.

I'm not overly fond of the concept of old school, i just want the "old school" combat system and for the worst post 2011 updates (EOC etc) to never be added. I understand I'm not in the majority on that part and will fight my battles as they come :)

CNqWHdA.jpg

If they started adding "content" updates like GWD instead of "convenience" or "technical" updates, then it wouldn't really be considered Old School. But that's not the case and probably won't be for a very long time, if ever

77yLQy8.png

To all these "you wanted 07......." comments, 90% wanted 06 or pre eoc, not 07

[citation needed]

A money pouch would be cool. So would a remote price checker. But honestly I'm thinking an insta-Jcoins-market. LOW ON PRAYER AND DONT LIKE XP WASTE?! BUY AN ULTRA PRAYER RESTORE POTION INSTANTLY FOR JUST 75 CENTS! STAY AT BANDOS ALL DAY/AS LONG YOU HAVE MONEY!

I love when people confuse word tedious with difficult.

In turn, they confuse the word convenient with easy.

• Like 1

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

My account's display name used to be Sir Izenhime

signature_zpse31b54ec.png

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt