29-May-2013 - God Emissaries

Also some tidbits: Zaros does not seek revenge or war when he returns. Kara-meir, one of the contact in the book of the Godless, is the main character of the RuneScape book "Betrayal at Falador".

This is certainly interesting, I want to see some more info/ the actual character ingame. :wall:

• Like 1

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I joined chief Wahoo. He better not let me down like the baseball team.

We also need a new banner.

Urinal yellow isn't my thing.

I don't see why they had to reinvent the wheel here, I mean we could of just used the old guthix banner.

Hell, we could even erected some wigwam tents right under Guthix's chin.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Zaros by far provides the most benefit to the player. Also with Azzanadra, Wahisietel, Nex and Char, many of the most interesting and powerful characters we've met in game are on the Zarosian side. Your character has a lot of history with some of the Zarosians, (bit awkward if you've killed Nex a few hundred times, but hey) so that side is the one I am most invested in and will follow. In addition, the way he rules as the Empty Lord, by controlling and acting through others and not directly influencing matters himself is much more preferable to me than having an extremely potent almost immortal god wading around RS doing whatever he/she likes.

Okay -- this pretty much sums it up for me, and it's precisely the reason why I'm siding with Zaros. Nex armours, Ancient curses, Ancient Magicks – Zaros brings it all into play and provides the most benefit for the individual player in my opinion.

I'll take a shot.

Saradomin - Lawful Good

Saradominism is all about fighting for the greater good. The majority of his followers are law-abiding, upstanding do-gooders, but he does have some "fanatics" under his flag. His following must have a few misinterpretations with their holy texts (remind you of something?) that causes this extremism. Saradomin himself is a bit more of a mystery. He's said a few contradictory things (claims to have created Gielinor) and seems to have a rather big ego. All in all he seems to be a good guy, albeit a bit dickish.

Armadyl - Lawful Good

It's mostly the same case with Saradominism (lawful, greater good etc.), except there aren't any fanatics. Maybe it's because Armadyl's texts and philosophies are more straightforward and morally sound, or his following is so obscure that the crazies haven't had a chance to propagate. Armadyl's beliefs are made crystal clear, and it's almost certain he has no ulterior motives.

Guthix - Neutral of course

Not much to say here. Guthix is (was) all about balance and nature. He believed there should be a natural order to all things.

Bandos - Chaotic Neutral

Bandos isn't evil. What he does may seem twisted and fiendish, but it's all means for a single-minded end. WARRR! He doesn't even seem to see the difference between good and evil. Maybe he does, but he doesn't care. He just wants his followers to smash everything. His followers are simple and they respect strength above all else. They don't have any complicated beliefs or morals, they just want to smash.

Seren - Neutral Good

We don't know very much about Seren, but we do know she loves her elven followers above all else. She and her followers hid away in the elven forests to avoid the many wars of early history, so it's clear they don't like fighting. When Guthix requests she leaves in line with the Edicts, she instead breaks herself into million of tiny crystals so she can be with her beloved elves forever. She still resides in the woods, but her power is diminished due to her being in millions of tiny pieces.

Zamorak - Chaotic Evil

It's clear that Zamorak is evil, or at least his followers are. They kill and take and sin and destroy and think only of themselves. Zamorak teaches strength through adversity. Chaos brings out the strength in people. Civilization stagnates without strife. He doesn't care for the weak. He completely disregards them in favor of the strong. Unlike Bandos, Zamorak and his followers understand morals, and understand what they're doing is wrong.

Zaros - Indeterminate

We know next to nothing about Zaros. We have no texts, no stories, nothing. We know at least that some of his followers are pretty bro (Azzandra, Ali the Wise) but they don't explain exactly what Zaros is all about. All we know is Zaros is the strongest of the gods, next to the Elder Gods in power, and that he likes purple. Anyone who says they know what Zaros is all about is deluding themselves, or perhaps under some kind of mind control. Nothing ever said he even has an inkling of caring for his loyals, beyond his strongest, such as Azzandra.

Sliske - Chaotic Dickass

Conniving sneaky sunnova[bleep]. That's all we got, that's all we need. Sliske is going down.

Okay - I am no expert on Dungeons & Dragons and the alignments therein, but I am pretty sure that there's no such alignment as "Chaotic Dickass". :huh:

Just sayin' - I haven't looked it up to check or anything. Just pretty sure ...

:lol:

nyuseg.png

Okay - I am no expert on Dungeons & Dragons and the alignments therein, but I am pretty sure that there's no such alignment as "Chaotic Dickass". :huh:

It's not an official alignment, but it's a lot like Lawful Anal in that everyone plays it anyway. :twss:

• Like 2

It's not an official alignment, but it's a lot like Lawful Anal in that everyone plays it anyway. :twss:

Oh no you didn't ... :eek:

:D

nyuseg.png

I joined chief Wahoo. He better not let me down like the baseball team.

We also need a new banner.

Urinal yellow isn't my thing.

I don't see why they had to reinvent the wheel here, I mean we could of just used the old guthix banner.

Hell, we could even erected some wigwam tents right under Guthix's chin.

We get it, he looks native to you, no reason to be racist about it. Btw, if you cared at all the traditional housing of the Sioux are tipis not wigwams.

• Like 1

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

The new Exquisite weapons from the SoF look amazing. Neat for them to create some weapons specifically designed to be keepsake'd.

All weapons are Level 10, but can be changed via a right click option into 20, 30, or 40. (Like the other SoF weaponry)

[spoiler=Dual Maces]34NYH.jpg

[spoiler=Dual Battleaxes]34NZp.jpg

[spoiler=Spear]34NZD.jpg

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

[spoiler=Spear]34NZD.jpg

THIS WEAPON. OH MY GOD THIS WEAPON. MUST GET. AAAAAAGHGHGDHCMNMMVBCXJURYJ

because it looks just like kyouko's, right?

I am particularly interested in the Staff, 2h, and Whip, despite the fact I am not likely to get keepsake boxes anytime soon. They just look amazing.

EDIT: Here's the staff

[spoiler=Staff]34OPj.jpg

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Thing that makes me lol with these weapons:

Release 15 weapon sets to cover all the bases for cosmetic weapons in tandem with the weapon keepsake boxes.

Only let us have 1 mh or 2h and 1 oh keepsaked...

Seriously you MADE THE WEAPONS TO BE KEEPSAKED did you not realise when doing this how many keepsake slots we SHOULD have had?

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Release 15 weapon sets to cover all the bases for cosmetic weapons in tandem with the weapon keepsake boxes.

Seriously you MADE THE WEAPONS TO BE KEEPSAKED did you not realise when doing this how many keepsake slots we SHOULD have had?

Lol I called it. I'm still debating keepsaking my ABS because CS is ugly as hell.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Lol I called it. I'm still debating keepsaking my ABS because CS is ugly as hell.

CS is pretty ugly, but I can't imagine the Armadyl Staff being my first choice to keepsake. Ahrim Staff is way cooler, imo. As is Lightning Staff if you have it, or just regular old elemental battlestaves. A Necromancer staff would probably be my #1 pick. They have sweet particle effects, and...well, look at that thing. It's badass.

9a9sR9R.pngyO4p6mp.png

Looks-wise I agree the basic elementals are pretty bad-ass since graphic reworks; most other staffs look ugly by comparison.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah I think ABS would be better than those. I agree that most others like ahrims, elementals and the necromancers staves are badass.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Saradomin - Basically a mockery of the Catholic church. He has goals (were they ever revealed?) that he will do anything to achieve. My guess is that he wants to be the only god so that he doesn't have to share power. Mortals are merely pawns to him, he doesn't see them as living beings like himself. He will lie to them, cheat them, and abuse them for the sake of his goal.

I have said this over and over lately: Jagex has got too much Catholic on the brain. The "One Piercing Note" quest felt painfully Anglican to me in particular. Other elements of the game reminded me of what little I had learned concerning British neopaganism and current atheistic sentiments. Maybe this is a British thing, because I intend no disrespect to my Catholic, pagan, atheist and agnostic friends. I mean more to say that I wish Jagex would lighten it up a little, to allow the player community to interpret things, and not push boring political and religious stereotypes.

back on immediate topic-- yes, I'm loving the exquisite spear and may well purchase a keepsake box to have it be a part of my islander look.

[spoiler=What? It's an actual thing]

mGoUBiS.jpg

Ah yes - YOU are one of the other people here who read OOTS! :lol:

No wonder you're so awesome! :wub:

The new Exquisite weapons from the SoF look amazing. Neat for them to create some weapons specifically designed to be keepsake'd.

All weapons are Level 10, but can be changed via a right click option into 20, 30, or 40. (Like the other SoF weaponry)

[spoiler=Dual Maces]34NYH.jpg

[spoiler=Dual Battleaxes]34NZp.jpg

[spoiler=Spear]34NZD.jpg

I got the Maces and the Swords last night from SOF - not bad looking IMO but utterly useless for actual combat, which is as it should be.

However, for the hell of it I decided to use the maces for a portion of one my god emissaries combat tasks and there was, I believe, an entirely new (to me at least) set of graphics employed for the combat itself. It seemed to me that I was swinging more frequently and consistently. Not sure if it's just me, or I was maybe just seeing things, but it looked a lot different to me at the time.

:unsure:

Saradomin - Basically a mockery of the Catholic church. He has goals (were they ever revealed?) that he will do anything to achieve. My guess is that he wants to be the only god so that he doesn't have to share power. Mortals are merely pawns to him, he doesn't see them as living beings like himself. He will lie to them, cheat them, and abuse them for the sake of his goal.

I have said this over and over lately: Jagex has got too much Catholic on the brain. The "One Piercing Note" quest felt painfully Anglican to me in particular. Other elements of the game reminded me of what little I had learned concerning British neopaganism and current atheistic sentiments. Maybe this is a British thing, because I intend no disrespect to my Catholic, pagan, atheist and agnostic friends. I mean more to say that I wish Jagex would lighten it up a little, to allow the player community to interpret things, and not push boring political and religious stereotypes.

back on immediate topic-- yes, I'm loving the exquisite spear and may well purchase a keepsake box to have it be a part of my islander look.

To be sure, it seems that, over the past couple of years (if it has been that long), Jagex has been bound and determined to show "the other side" of the Saradomin coin, as it were. We've seen a lot more negative aspects of Saradomin and his followers than we ever saw before. In particular, the recent interviews that one gets with the Missionary in POP come to my mind.

While I was never really a fan of Saradomin before, aside from the obviously “fashionista” aspects of some of the Sara-related gear, of course, I have found this uglier side of Saradomin to be most distasteful.

I dunno – maybe I am falling for the “desire effect” … :unsure:

• Like 2

nyuseg.png

The cosmetic weapons are still ugly imo. Better than some, but no good. They still look like they were never meant to be used in combat. Now Gandalf (the white), he has a fine staff and sword.

Also, battlestaffs, ewwww so grotesque.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

It's an interesting update. I'm looking forward to going around to all the emissaries and finding out as much as I can about the various gods.

Ah yes - YOU are one of the other people here who read OOTS! :lol:

He's not the only one. ;)

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

My rapier overrides also work on dragon dagger and defender (equipped them on a whim). :) Just tried a few more things and they also override hastas and other, special daggers (glowing dark dagger).

So it sounds like they'll work on any 1h on- or off-hand stabbing weapon.

Drygore Longs -> Primal Longswords or Battleaxes or Hatchet (mainhand)

Drygore Rapiers -> Primal Rapiers or Daggers

Drygore Maces -> Primal Warhammers or Pickaxe (mainhand)

2dgucz6.png

I wonder if there is any of them that works on rapier overrides.

I am aware that it requires 2 keepsake keys for them to override but w/e!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.