Watermelon seed gathering

BobbieK

I spent all day yesterday finding ways to get the most watermelon seeds without buying them from the exchange. Pickpocketing the master farmer isn't a good way .. hours and hours and just one or two watermelon seeds, with a decent level, plenty of other seeds though.

I looked up the bestiary on here with a drop search of watermelon seed and tried out all the one's my level and quest completion can. The best one I've found so far is the Moss Giants. I fought the Fire Giants first because the bestiary said they drop 3 at a time, but I was there a full session of food's worth and my sack just got full of gems, more than mining with an amulet of glory. Hill Giants were pathetic, good for runes and the lower seeds. Didn't bother with Ice Giants, I regulared there plenty before and remember it wasn't very often I got watermelon off them. Ogres always dropped seeds if anything, but only one watermelon occasionally, mostly herb. Hobgoblins were mostly the lower seeds, among a bunch of other junk. I've fought Jogres before and remember they were very good for grimy snakeweed and rogues purse, but not often seeds.

One session with the Moss Giants, at combat 163, full armour, and 10 pineapple pizzas, and I got 6 watermelon seeds, in maybe 2 hours.

I haven't tried the compost familiar thingy yet, are they any good? I need to look up how to summons them yet, I've only made pouches so far.

Any other suggestions? Besides buying them. Cor blimey, they're almost 3K each at the GE. I'd rather gather them.

Honestly, I think your best bet with most activities on Runescape is to utilise your best money making method, for just that.

Any other time can then be dedicated solely to whatever you want, but you have the freedom to spend money. Gathering for many skills and activities just isn't viable.

I never used to have this mindset, but after trying it - I wouldn't recommend anything else, and I think this is the advice you'll receive from a lot of players here.

Good luck!

Moved to H&A.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

If you are trying to DIY, temple trekking is probably your best bet to gather large quantities..

However, I would actually suggest switching to growing snape grass if you have the level for it, as these seeds are easier to gather in my opinion since they were added to several activities.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

95 Slayer and Ganodermic Beasts are the only efficient way I know of to get them DIY style.

I think they are overpriced at vine sweepers like most things, but you can have a look if you don't have the slayer levels.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

wrong place, you want to go tot he person at the bridge that lets you get into morytania, he is west of canafis on the road (for TT)

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

wrong place, you want to go tot he person at the bridge that lets you get into morytania, he is west of canafis on the road (for TT)

~~~legoman187~~~

[spoiler=Where they mean]TTLocation1_zps86a144fa.png

Location2_zpsf08d35ab.png

Temple Trekking is the first location, Burgh de Rott Ramble is the second. But it is the same minigame. I highly recommend doing TT. It is a fun minigame. Vinesweeper is also an option but I tend to enjoy TT more. The tip.it guide on TT is still very relevant.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

ah so temple trekking is slayer, ok not an option for me yet. stuck with moss giants for now. thanks.

Temple Trekking is not slayer.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/pages/view/temple_trekking.htm

Read up on this, it has a lot of good info, and the game has quite a few fun rewards, and is fairly enjoyable.

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Oi. Bobbie. Bobbie! Please click on that envelope-looking icon at the top of the page and please answer my message. Thank you.

Back on topic:

I enjoy Temple Trekking/Burgh de Rott Ramble a lot, and it WAS a very fast way for me to grab watermelon seeds if I didn't buy them flat out. Oh, and I did look up your stats (did anyone else?) I think you can do Temple Trekking. It'll be a little more intense than the monsters you're fighting now, but it really is a lot faster (if you and your follower can survive) than moss or fire giants, and more consistent, too.

note that even though they've now fixed the encounters to be a bit harder, everything post eoc is still pretty much tissue paper to a properly equipped player

i haven't been back to snakes though so that might be intense again but i doubt any of them will be able to take more than a few blasts of magic

8f14270694.jpg

Waterfiends drop watermelon seeds in decent amounts. Try ranging them.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting