RuneScape 2014 - Power to the Players

Th e Doctor

They certainly could've made the flashback thing more dramatic/clear. I agree there, but I don't think they have missed that many that ought to be flashbacks now or are flashbacks when they needn't be.

Certainly some quests that link to 5th age quests aren't 5th age quests that perhaps you could argue ought to be, but I can't think of any such that cause an actual plot/continuity issue with when events occurred instead they are just arbitrary reqs to do with game mechanics (eg priest in peril being on most mory stuff due to the old need for entry, restless ghost being on stuff with a ghost to talk to etc.). I mean it's not like the list of 5th age quests is extensive you just have the mahjaratt quests, the cave goblin quests, the world wakes and the char one and missing my mummy and tail of two cats.

Tail of Two cats is problematic because it of course follows on from Icthalrin's Little Helper storywise which follows on from the two Ozan quests and of course Missing My Mummy shares similar reqs (plus the golem). That line is a bit of a mess; storywise I don't see any reason why those two need to be 5th age and equally storywise theres no reason icthalrin and the golem and the ozan 2 can't be fifth age.

They require Gertrude's cat by proxy as well but as that is a game mechanic req opposed to a story req I don't view that as an issue - lore wise there's no reason we can't have a cat pre-Gertrude's cat it is instead just a game function requirement.

It probably would've made a lot more sense if they had simply flat out applied the 5th age banner to every quest that existed at the time (plus the two ozan quests later on due to where they fall storywise), but chronologically I don't see many issues at all with those labelled vs those not.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Elf city vs. Inventing (goddamn it just call it engineering)

post-241-0-81297100-1382474775.jpg

It seems fairly easy to have priff be a hub where the main portion of training the new skill could take place. I have to assume, *hope*, (optimistically dream?) that they have a semblance of an idea for what they want the new skill to look like and contribute to the game. Making us choose is silly. 

The vote is to determine which update comes first, not one or the other.

Dart.jpg

They certainly could've made the flashback thing more dramatic/clear. I agree there, but I don't think they have missed that many that ought to be flashbacks now or are flashbacks when they needn't be.

Certainly some quests that link to 5th age quests aren't 5th age quests that perhaps you could argue ought to be, but I can't think of any such that cause an actual plot/continuity issue with when events occurred instead they are just arbitrary reqs to do with game mechanics (eg priest in peril being on most mory stuff due to the old need for entry, restless ghost being on stuff with a ghost to talk to etc.). I mean it's not like the list of 5th age quests is extensive you just have the mahjaratt quests, the cave goblin quests, the world wakes and the char one and missing my mummy and tail of two cats.

Tail of Two cats is problematic because it of course follows on from Icthalrin's Little Helper storywise which follows on from the two Ozan quests and of course Missing My Mummy shares similar reqs (plus the golem). That line is a bit of a mess; storywise I don't see any reason why those two need to be 5th age and equally storywise theres no reason icthalrin and the golem and the ozan 2 can't be fifth age.

They require Gertrude's cat by proxy as well but as that is a game mechanic req opposed to a story req I don't view that as an issue - lore wise there's no reason we can't have a cat pre-Gertrude's cat it is instead just a game function requirement.

It probably would've made a lot more sense if they had simply flat out applied the 5th age banner to every quest that existed at the time (plus the two ozan quests later on due to where they fall storywise), but chronologically I don't see many issues at all with those labelled vs those not.

Long list here of each one and why they are required to be in the 5th age. http://[Use Quick Find Code]/a=13/c=Oi4N4qL6aEE/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?341,342,459,65128112  A lot of them need to be 5th age because they're requirements for quests stated to be in the 5th age. If you need to do a quest before you can do a quest that takes place in the 5th age then logically its in the 5th age too.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Interesting list, clearly been thought through in more detail than I had really considered.

Hopefully, as it was a response to Mod Jack's question in the first place they actually take heed; I mean how much coding can it really take to copy and paste the flashback message thing on to more quests?

Though we can hope they replace it with something more substantial later on.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Interesting list, clearly been thought through in more detail than I had really considered.

Hopefully, as it was a response to Mod Jack's question in the first place they actually take heed; I mean how much coding can it really take to copy and paste the flashback message thing on to more quests?

Though we can hope they replace it with something more substantial later on.

Yea, they put a lot more thought into it than I had too, knew there were quite a few but forgot how many till I went to grab a list.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

My main gripe with it is that the divide essentially locks new players out of the lore. Yes, they'll get the little flashback thing, but they won't understand why it's important that these quests take place in the past and these other ones don't, and unlike every other nonlinear piece of media, they can't go back and replay it once they start to get a sense for how everything fits together. 

Elf city vs. Inventing (goddamn it just call it engineering)

post-241-0-81297100-1382474775.jpg

It seems fairly easy to have priff be a hub where the main portion of training the new skill could take place. I have to assume, *hope*, (optimistically dream?) that they have a semblance of an idea for what they want the new skill to look like and contribute to the game. Making us choose is silly. 

The vote is to determine which update comes first, not one or the other.

I quite understand that. I'm saying why not just have them both come out at the same time and make the new city a hub for training the skill as well. High levels will go there to avoid having to train in the crowded other hubs that are populated by the lower level players.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Both aren't at the same time because there are limits to human capability and dev budgets, clearly they have planned out their dev budget in such a way that allows 1 to have the resources necessary for a july/august release whilst the other while likely still in dev can't have that many resources until later on.

They could do both, but two such big updates in such a short time frame would mean waving goodbye to nearly every other update planned in the dev budget for that time period - so they aren't doing that. For both to come out at the slated july/august makr they would've needed to have been in tandem dev since like august this year or we'd be waiting til 2015 opposed to 2014.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Both aren't at the same time because there are limits to human capability and dev budgets, clearly they have planned out their dev budget in such a way that allows 1 to have the resources necessary for a july/august release whilst the other while likely still in dev can't have that many resources until later on.

They could do both, but two such big updates in such a short time frame would mean waving goodbye to nearly every other update planned in the dev budget for that time period - so they aren't doing that. For both to come out at the slated july/august makr they would've needed to have been in tandem dev since like august this year or we'd be waiting til 2015 opposed to 2014.

Maybe that is what they should do? Start focusing on updates one/two at a time and bang them out with a high regard for quality instead of stretching everything/everyone so thin that we get stuff like Birth Right of the Dwarves?

A slower update cycle would translate into higher quality content both in terms of game play and Q/A Testing.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

High level content = yet another ridiculously hard boss monster. yipee

*yawns*

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Maybe that is what they should do? Start focusing on updates one/two at a time and bang them out with a high regard for quality instead of stretching everything/everyone so thin that we get stuff like Birth Right of the Dwarves?

A slower update cycle would translate into higher quality content both in terms of game play and Q/A Testing.

In this context focussing on the two would do nothing for quality.

Doing two big updates in tandem thus making them both twice as long or doing both in the shorter timeframe but doing nothing else would do nothing to their quality.

Either way they both get the same amount of dev budget, it's just a difference of two big projects deving for 6 months with most of the staff on them or 2 big projects devving for 12 months with around half the staff on them.

As for the idea of a slower update cycle I disagree, it's not like most of the updates we get aren't good quality updates now and trying to slow the update cycle will just cause people to rage and kill off one of the factors that still makes runescape a dynamic and unique experience compared to most other big mmorpgs.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

High level content = yet another ridiculously hard boss monster. yipee

*yawns*

No boss has been ridiculously hard this year. Bar hardmode Vorago of course.

We need something with decent AI, prayers, high damage and high defense, cool graphics are a plus. ;)

And not repeated rotations, unpredictable is what barrows2 got close to, but not perfect.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

That's longer than 6 months ago. :P Plus a very controversial one (at least for me and others with small screens), also the tweaks to it are very sparse, despite what they said.

It was released in July, unless you count the beta. Either way, it was a welcome change for me, and probably many others. Now I can have everything I need open and which makes it easier to focus on other stuff. Bossing/Slayer for example. I can see how it doesn't really affect those with smaller screens though. :P

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png