Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Polls General Discussion

• Please log in to reply
786 replies to this topic

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

This divine familiar poll confuses me, why is the utterly useless option winning?

The one that holds chronicles and remotely offers them, useful if you are collecting chronicles (and tbf with it you prob should be for the boosted xp)

The forager gives you stuff to weave/do more high xp offering, kinda handy.

Boost to boon,s diving location limit and signs of porter? Nice reduce item use, increased xp and increased profits.

Bob that can hold ONLY divine memories...what exactly is the use of it? There's no reason to take divine memories anywhere and no way to get them other than right next to the one place you need to take them too.

I'm with you on this just voted and was curious figured one of the top 3 would be winning, and my jaw dropped at the BoB.

I suspect people are reading as far as it being huge with more space than a yak and then stopping missing the vitally important fact of divine memories ONLY which renders it utterly useless.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts
  • RSN:Mej
  • RSN2:Iures

The holiday items poll is simply retarded. What's the point of the poll if they differ in look from the original items (though, that'd be even worse).

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

Wonder how many people will train defence levels on pures, use that to allow for faster training, then roll it back when the chance arises... This should be interesting, and I'll probably make use of it myself. :lol:

^^ this so much

It's a shame prestige didn't go through tbh, really wanted to reset my defence level nontheless so I hope this is my second chance :).

Cool now I can get my rubber chicken back which got lost in the RS2 - RS3 transition. Shame it'll look different.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

Piu
[ Display Name History ]

Piu

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • RSN:Piu
  • Clan:EoE

Wasn't the point of the new combat formula, EOC and all these shenanigans is so that people don't get a ridiculous advantage by having 1 defence and 99 everything else? Because pures were arguably overpowered?

Are they really going back on what they've been trying to 'fix' all this while? 

I don't understand, I really really don't.

Posted Image
Posted Image

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

To put a new system in place it should render the old one obsolete, the majority doesn't think it does.

Was that the original idea from Jagex?

LOL, now I understand why the osrs players hate so much on the system.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

michel555555
[ Display Name History ]

michel555555

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,447 posts
  • RSN:michel555555
  • Clan:fealty stars

And i was looking forward for a reason to actually use some of my saved up charms. The wonders of democracy!  I hope some people double take and actually read the darn description.

michel555555.png

click you know you wanna

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

Wasn't the point of the new combat formula, EOC and all these shenanigans is so that people don't get a ridiculous advantage by having 1 defence and 99 everything else? Because pures were arguably overpowered?

Combat level calculation wasn't the reason why pures died. It was because of the life bonus from armour, which pures couldn't wear, which gave people a massive advantage against pures.

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Combat level calculation wasn't the reason why pures died. It was because of the life bonus from armour, which pures couldn't wear, which gave people a massive advantage against pures.

The problem was that defense contributed so little to win probability that you could increase your win probability/combat level by training other skills instead. That was the major flaw of the combat formula: it didn't actually take the power of each stat into account.

Because defense has a point now, you can't understate your combat power by not training defense. That is, someone with balanced stats will be more powerful than someone with uneven stats, assuming they have the same combat level. That means that pures die.

Things will only get worse for them if they bring back the old combat formula.

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
OK, so the BoB will autofill and autoempty. This makes me like it more.

https://mobile.twitt...me=JagexOsborne

jayc3399
[ Display Name History ]

jayc3399

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,618 posts
Even then. It's not like running from full to the crater is a big time cost

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

yeah, i guess players would rather have slightly more perceived convenience than profit

but enough of that, i guess i want the players to prove that they don't know jack about the stuff they're complaining about?

the only cost being all of the cool stuff we could have had instead just taunting us forever with those bad decisions

the christmas event reward should be five hundred humble pies

8f14270694.jpg

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

Yeah even with autofill and empty I see very little point in it even in meta game numbers.

The time you spend siphoning and the time you spend turning in will be identical whether you use it or not the only difference is you'll save a couple of seconds every few rounds due to running the few squares to the crater less.

Surely remotely submitted chronicles or improved boon are still better overall. Chronicle xp isnt half bad really, just the time it takes to run them ruins it, which this would eliminate. And Boon boost means a outright extra % increase to xp.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels

It does add up over time though...

EDIT:

But definitely not as good as the chronicles one..

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
Chronicles are so rare now you'd basically only get one load sent per familiar. And that's if you summon it after you get all 10 first.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

It does add up over time though...

Yes and if it exists it'd be worth using for that overtime saving.

However that does not change the fact that only 1 of these will make it into the game and in terms of pure time to 99 mechanics remote offering of boons (thus allowing you to use them efficiently), an extra % increase to the normal xp rate and heck even the ability to stock up a bunch of energy for higher turn in via forager are all quite clearly going to up xp:h rates just about enough to reduce time to 99 more than some stupid auto filling bob.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
6W5Vi.png

So these are the people who vote for BoBs.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

You know, considering how awful div is without bonus exp...

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

Ugh...You could always not try to train div when you don't have bonus xp rather than mindlessly running memories to a bank only to have to run them back again at a later date, the sum product of which probably utterly negates the effect of bonus xp...but then that would require the average scaper to have an ounce of intellect. -.-

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

6W5Vi.png

They don't see the problem with that logic?

God Of Lego
[ Display Name History ]

God Of Lego

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:God Of Lego

6W5Vi.png

They don't see the problem with that logic?

They do most of the work. Just to quickly deposit when they get bonus XP. Why don't they only train divination with bonus XP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users