Bane bolts + Oh darts

Asc + bane

DEATH TO QBD

Since when could you make bane BOLTS? I thought it was limited to arrows

?

Since always lol

You probably just hadn't heard of them because they've always sucked, too

... Until maybe today? I dunno.

I've got 1k of em, may go test at QBD in an hour or so.

• Like 1

2dgucz6.png

Be ready to never miss with ASC.

Is there a joke I'm not privy to here? :P

Anyway, I just bought MH ASC, have lots of DBane Bolts, OH Darts, and am on task with Mighty FSH and DSlayer Gloves.

Going to make a Smoke Nihil then give this a go!

2dgucz6.png

Nihil familiars seem to do great, they autoattack the enemy you are hitting, no need to direct them.

Is it just Nihils or are other familiars better?

I really hope they brought this back to everything. I remember sometime close to either the release of EOC or in the beta that all familiars actually fought competently like this (their damage also contributed to soul split heals).

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I didn't find DBane to be as good as Ascension Bolts... :| Not sure how to really quantify the damage with such a short test though. I did like 4 loots with DBane and then a bunch with Ascension lol.

Also Nihil seems to have a short attack range, I couldn't stand next to the center artifact at QBD without it telling me it was out of range... -.-

2dgucz6.png

If bane ammo actually ends up being good now, then Jagex pls, make it so Crystal bow/Zaryte bow can fire bane arrows pls

Renewal of my lovely crystal bow? YES<3; might make another ninja focus thread hehe.

Or upgrade to level78 in elf city (pfft fudge the tiersystem :$)

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

is that not the case with steel titan, because i thought familiars just had crap ranges in general

Eh, haven't tried ranging QBD with Panzer, but I'm quite sure it has a longer range since I slay with it all the time and tag things from across the room ;)

2dgucz6.png

Be ready to never miss with ASC.

Is there a joke I'm not privy to here? :P

Anyway, I just bought MH ASC, have lots of DBane Bolts, OH Darts, and am on task with Mighty FSH and DSlayer Gloves.

Going to make a Smoke Nihil then give this a go!

Gloves only work witth melee

Has anyone done any tests to see if the nihil are better, dps wise than steel titans?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

The accuracy boost from them is a huge help, getting consistent 26.6k xp drops on Phase 2 at Vorago now, most of the time I'd miss out by 1-2k xp. They're also a massive help on the final phase in hardmode, because misses are bad.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

If bane ammo actually ends up being good now, then Jagex pls, make it so Crystal bow/Zaryte bow can fire bane arrows pls

Renewal of my lovely crystal bow? YES<3; might make another ninja focus thread hehe.

Yes! Down with crossbow favoritism!

• Like 1

The accuracy boost from them is a huge help, getting consistent 26.6k xp drops on Phase 2 at Vorago now, most of the time I'd miss out by 1-2k xp. They're also a massive help on the final phase in hardmode, because misses are bad

can you still get 4 kill trips normal mode with nihil?  easy enough to no food with bunyip but i feel like it'd be tougher without the passive healing

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

If I'm not taking Vokes, and it's not Rocks/Vitalis week? Yeah. Can't see any issues with a 4 kill trip.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Yes! Down with crossbow favoritism!
Bows are hands down my favorite ranged weapon.

I don't particularly like thrown, 2h crossbows are pretty boring... 1h crossbows are kinda neat since it's almost like guns but its not guns, but bows!?!?

The only difference between Zaryte bow and Royal crossbow is the attack animations (and small accuracy boost when opponent is specifically weak to bolts/arrows but meh), but it's so much more satisfying too use :3

Being able to upgrade Crystal bow in the elf city I approve with. Maybe not Lv 78 because then it becomes too similar to Zaryte, but Lv 75 I think would be perfect, mainly because the only option for Lv 75 ranged weapons is handcannon right now.

Or maybe something similar to Armadyl battlestaff where you can gather materials (killing certain monsters, competing certain tasks maybe) and you can combine them with Crystal bow to make it Lv 77. That makes it enough of an improvement compared to Lv 75, but not too much that Zaryte would be devalued.

I would like the T90 2h weapons to be..

Shieldbow and crossbow

Pike and greatsword (stab and slash)

Imbued Staff, for each elements. Plop runes into it, one element only, and you pay for upkeep with the runes you have in there. And it can only use combat spells that use the rune that is in it.. If it has no runes, you pay for upkeep in more GP. so it may be worth it to have earth runes in it, but you'll be limited to earth spells and not blood/ice ect

I think we are more likely to get a crystal pike than halbred, as they are already in the game by the elf NPCs

So I got around to killing some of the nihils...

Why are the "slayer" ones easier than the boss ones? For the sake of being easier? If I wanted to grind on any mob with low spawns and a large distance between them I'd go somewhere else. I was expecting a challenge. And low to my disappointment when the boss version doesn't drop anything.

Real nice, Jagex. Real nice.

Joker-Clapping.gif

I'm not sure if I'd want a pike to be the best solo weapon out there - but what if a pike would be the best co-op weapon? It would deal mediocre damage alone, but if you stood side by side with others it increased damage dramatically? - would fit the renaissance-esque setting of runescape well.