Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Do you think they will do special events for Optimus like they did with the first bot nuke? I really hope so, I wasn't member at the time and I missed it.

Dusk%20Soul.png

Do you think they will do special events for Optimus like they did with the first bot nuke? I really hope so, I wasn't member at the time and I missed it.

Ah, I'd completely forgotten about those. I'd say probably not, unless they're confident that afterwards they've completely removed every single one, which, optimistic or not, seems unlikely. It probably won't be as "huge" a change as it was the first time, so there won't be as huge a celebration either.

2dgucz6.png

Is it just me or every time you read "Optimus", do you think of Optimus Prime roaming around RS and killing off bots?

I'm with you. I don't think that Optimus' catchphrase "Auto-Bots, roll out!" would work too well though. Well, perhaps he could mean "roll out" of the game.....Anyways, yeah...

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

Is it just me or every time you read "Optimus", do you think of Optimus Prime roaming around RS and killing off bots?

I'm with you. I don't think that Optimus' catchphrase "Auto-Bots, roll out!" would work too well though. Well, perhaps he could mean "roll out" of the game.....Anyways, yeah...

I was thinking the same thing. Now wouldn't it be awesome if they released the Transformers MMO alongside the next Bot Nuke and subscribers could control go into Runescape as a transformer and kill the crap out of convicted botters?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Now the question is if they'll do another April Fool's thing. ;)

Well, few days ago in Mod Mark's cc, he was asked if there was anything planned for April fools and he mentioned something about some super awesome cutscene.

maybe optimus will be released on april 1st. that way when it fails and the bots come back, jagex can say it was just a prank and not a complete waste of expensive developer time that could otherwise have been used to improve fps

2mq7n09.jpg

Pretty apt since they're developing the Transformers mmo...

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

[spoiler=Bounty Hunter/Wilderness volcano - Strong language warning]

bhnew.png

Picture of Bounty Hunter/BH Crater/Wilderness volcano. Go to the Wilderness volcano in-game, you'll see the center thing is in this picture.

Not sure if this implies a new type of "Bounty Hunter", or just a new minigame altogether..

Pics of current Wilderness volcano center:

dafq.png

crazysh.png

My pics are from months ago.

553VriC.png?1

bhnew.png

Picture of Bounty Hunter/BH Crater/Wilderness volcano. Go to the Wilderness volcano in-game, you'll see the center thing is in this picture.

Not sure if this implies a new type of "Bounty Hunter", or just a new minigame altogether..

dafq.png

crazysh.png

I thought this was old news...

crossed_body.png

bhnew.png

dafq.png

crazysh.png

Apart from the video, it is, and yeah it's going to be a new, bounty-hunter style minigame(Though with risk afaik)

bhnew.png

dafq.png

crazysh.png

Apart from the video, it is, and yeah it's going to be a new, bounty-hunter style minigame(Though with risk afaik)

Tbf we do know for certain that sword thing relates to the new bounty hunter that is in the works. It just happens to be they concept art on that slide in the presentation; it's entirely possible it was just a random wildy concept art image since they had no bh specific ones.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

bhnew.png

dafq.png

crazysh.png

Tbf we do know for certain that sword thing relates to the new bounty hunter that is in the works. It just happens to be they concept art on that slide in the presentation; it's entirely possible it was just a random wildy concept art image since they had no bh specific ones.

Well Runefest was in October so I may not remember it 100% correct, but I'm pretty sure Mod Mark specifically referenced this concept art, plus it makes sense

1. It's in the old bh crater

2. You remember that "weapon of the gods" thingy? Well I giant sword fallen from the sky, with a guthix symbol on it kind of has a connection with that ;)

bhnew.png

dafq.png

crazysh.png

Well Runefest was in October so I may not remember it 100% correct, but I'm pretty sure Mod Mark specifically referenced this concept art, plus it makes sense

1. It's in the old bh crater

2. You remember that "weapon of the gods" thingy? Well I giant sword fallen from the sky, with a guthix symbol on it kind of has a connection with that ;)

I watched all the runefest videos and they never directly referenced it to my memory, it was just the picture on the slide behind them while they talked about BH.

And certainly I don't dispute it would make sense but making sense and being a 100% confirmed fact are not the same thing.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Still no teaser images?

Either a no update week...

Or they're giving us a time out for being naughty/right about the SOF RWT update

I'd take a wild stab in the dark and say that firstly Easter weekend means bank holiday friday and monday and a lot of companies will be closed for the sunday too so odds are the staff are away. Plus if we assume the dg and other fixes are probably/possible next week there's nothing really to give us a picture of.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Well they gave us a random picture of someone standing in Morytania, and that wasn't exactly something that had a major change in appearance in the game, and not of the personally actually wearing the rewards if I recall correctly, so who knows.

Well they gave us a random picture of someone standing in Morytania, and that wasn't exactly something that had a major change in appearance in the game, and not of the personally actually wearing the rewards if I recall correctly, so who knows.

That is true, but it's also kind of an exception to the rule since all other occasions the pictures have shown something visually new or we haven't had a picture.

I'm not sure how I see remaining updates falling, there's 3 left (fixes, sagas, runespan) and 3 possible update weeks since 30th = monday and updates usually tuesday.

On the one hand the fixes seem quite substantial (especially as they hint there's more non-dg stuff than what they listed) so it could be a standalone update.

Yet equally it isn't MASSIVE and with the obvious link between dg and the sagas they could pair off quite logically.

I'd like to hope the fixes come this week, but who knows!

Plv6Dz6.jpg

To be honest, with how things are running right now, we're probably gonna see even more "exceptions" to the rule, Sy. :lol: