Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Yeah, Dylan left a long time ago, which made an end to the Elf quests (bar the last one a few years ago), then out of the sudden he reappeared, but then someone else had become Elf curator and was busy on Within the Light, so Dylan proceeded to work on EW. He was one of the main developers of many stories, so I really will miss him and his ideas.

• Like 2

What matters most to me is that they take their time instead of rushing something out. Especially if the Elf City wins, they really need to make sure it lives up to their own expectations rather than towards an early release.

Since both Inventor and the Elf City are only in the concept stages now, I'd rather they be satisfied with the quality of the content than rush towards a deadline. We've waited years it already, a little bit longer (if it means preventing disaster) is definitely worth the wait.

The last major poll on content produced "Birthright of the Dwarves," which in terms of lore, writing, and plot was definitely pretty bad. 

• Like 2

What matters most to me is that they take their time instead of rushing something out. Especially if the Elf City wins, they really need to make sure it lives up to their own expectations rather than towards an early release.

Since both Inventor and the Elf City are only in the concept stages now, I'd rather they be satisfied with the quality of the content than rush towards a deadline. We've waited years it already, a little bit longer (if it means preventing disaster) is definitely worth the wait.

The last major poll on content produced "Birthright of the Dwarves," which in terms of lore, writing, and plot was definitely pretty bad. 

I am trying to help Jagex a bit with my thread in the Power to the Player subforum.

[qfc]355-356-111-65248985[/qfc].

Mainly trying to get an discussion what would be attractive to High-Levels and trying to get the discussion of the Elf City contained!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

No, because those are Fifth-age quests and says so when you are about to do them, so they're like flashbacks of things that happened in the past.

That's interesting, never thought about it like that "flash-back"

Doesn't feel like it :P

Presumably if the city takes as long to develop as the whole Inventor skill, we might expect there to at least be a task set or the quest attached to it...

Of course, I wouldn't be too optimistic with Jagex's wording :P

I'd like more tasks, just more excuses for more reward items to clutter my bank :P

I agree, there is too many things unfinished that needs to be finished first before they tackle on new stuff.

Two of the most important things are: Elf City and Kudos Island!

kudos island? am I missing a joke here

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Remember the kudos points you get when helping in the Varrock Museum? Them lads have been working for about 7 years on a boat to travel to Kudos/Fossil Island, and you can join them if you get enough Kudos Points. It'll be an untouched island from the third age, where a dragonkin lives. :)

Remember the kudos points you get when helping in the Varrock Museum? Them lads have been working for about 7 years on a boat to travel to Kudos/Fossil Island, and you can join them if you get enough Kudos Points. It'll be an untouched island from the third age, where a dragonkin lives. :)

2nd age not 3rd.

That is why it is special - virtually nothing from 1st and 2nd age still remains due to the events of the 3rd age.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Interdasting

any idea when it'll be done? If it was already mentioned and I talked about it but forgot, I'm having a rough time remembering ANYTHING right now. I can't remember just about anything I've been doing lately.

• Like 1

max.png 50.png

No real news on it, the most recent stuff I've heard about it is that there's a Dragonkin living there, one that is trying to lift the curse of Jas and is willing to cooperate with the player (so not the angry type we've met in the past, as there are two clans, one rage party and one trying to circumvent the curse by stuff like creating dragons). As the Dragonkin are supposed to be one of the three main pillars (Mother Mallum's aside), I can't see Jagex delaying it that much longer. However, we know how slowly quests come these days, so I'm a tad pessimistic about it.

Last we heard, there was a lot of big ideas and plans for the Kudos Island, but that said plans would take up a huge portion of their graphics budget, so it would likely be quite some time (year+) til we should expect any news related to it being worked on again.

The Dragonkin quest(s?) we're supposed to be getting this year aren't supposed to have anything to do with the Kudos Island just yet. I might expect a hint or two possibly.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Ninja's are currently planning a small rework/twisting on the Circus.

For more information please visit the Reddit site:

http://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/1u84yp/ninja_spotlight_the_circus/

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

New EOC ability idea: Conservation. A post by Mod Dean on page 11 says they like the idea and on 23 says they'll be implementing it in some form.

Edit: forgot to add link: http://[Use Quick Find Code]/a=13/c=6J7sYWf9k6M/sl=0/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?74,75,360,65135959

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

'Implement it in some form' hopefully means it won't be an ability as that is a bit pointless and instead we are supplied with a 'macro' system like many actionbar combat games have where you can build routines of abilities to auto-run in combat.

I certainly like the part about having it partially overridable though - would be good for example for BoE boss so you can butt in with a stun or for airut so you can butt in with rapid fire or flurry.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

'Implement it in some form' hopefully means it won't be an ability as that is a bit pointless and instead we are supplied with a 'macro' system like many actionbar combat games have where you can build routines of abilities to auto-run in combat.

I certainly like the part about having it partially overridable though - would be good for example for BoE boss so you can butt in with a stun or for airut so you can butt in with rapid fire or flurry.

Well the way it was suggested, its about as much an ability as momentum and thats basically an on/off switch.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I doubt agility will happen any time soon.

Construction will be next, it was meant to be 2013 and we saw concepts etc for it.

Summoning, Mine/Smith and Agility have all just been mentioned with no concepts etc yet.

But mods have been talking about a lot of mine/smith details on rsof so that seems likely to be apporaching dev.

I doubt we'll see summ and agile this year, maybe not even next year.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Construction will be next, it was meant to be 2013 and we saw concepts etc for it.

Summoning, Mine/Smith and Agility have all just been mentioned with no concepts etc yet.

But mods have been talking about a lot of mine/smith details on rsof so that seems likely to be apporaching dev.

Concepts? What did we see, I wasn't here for that :P

max.png 50.png

Concepts? What did we see, I wasn't here for that :P

They threw up some concept art at runefest

Construction_Rework.png

Plv6Dz6.jpg

No idea.

From what was said at runefest:

Building will be more sims-esque as in putting walls and floors and furniture where you want.

There will be like 10-12 plots around the world where houses can be, you can build on ~8 of them, any you aren't using will be filled with random houses from your friends.

Training will have the focus shifted from build destroy build destroy etc into taking orders for houses which you then build and sell on to a npc.

On a personal perspective I think that those wall kit concept arts suggest exterior styles are perhaps pre-set based on the location you are building in. The 'North side wall kits vs 'south side wall kits' to me looks like something akin to Varrock where the northern half of the city is nice and southern is a bit dirty and ruinous - though it could easily fit other cities stylistically (eg falador). But based purely on that I get the vibe that exteriors won't be entirely player controlled and at the very least the house location might have an impact on how the exteriors look (if not entirely defines it)

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg