Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Why not make the results unknown till the poll is over? Makes it as bad as the World Events.

Because they secretly already chose which of the two they want to do first and only want to give people an illusion of choice.

My only fear of choosing the Elf City is that they could rush it and completely screw it up. I don't want them to screw it up!

Least we know Invention skill will be screwed up when it's released, in one way or another.

• Like 1

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

My only fear of choosing the Elf City is that they could rush it and completely screw it up. I don't want them to screw it up!

Least we know Invention skill will be screwed up when it's released, in one way or another.

...rush it?

I sincerely hope you are joking. Elf City must be the least rushed game expansion/update ever. :D

• Like 1

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Well considering it's not in development yet. (Though considering how popular they choice of elf city/quest seems to be, I can honestly see Jagex already planning it out)

They have a lot of space to work with assuming that it is priffindis, so there will be lots of room for awesome content.

Please don't let me down.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

With only six months to develop a huge area with skilling and subskill-elements (crystal chanting), combined with a quest that I'd like to see Grandmaster (MEP3) and graphics that should be astonishing, I really fear for rush.

Look at how long it took to develop BotD and how lackluster it was. A quest like TWW took over a year, now we have half of it.

I can only hope they will allocate a huge team to it so it will evolve into content we actually like and will use.

I really do hope invention skill beats elf quest in first poll...mainly because I don't want the quest half assed and rushed like birthright of the dwarves ended up (sub par quality story/development rounded up by annoying boss fight with no story continuation afterwards). And also I want invention skill sooner rather than later seeing as I've already stockpiled divine energy for fast xp.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

You can bet a couple people will be mass buying bonds and trading them to throwaway accounts in order to make them member and vote a ton of times (if not just directly making more accounts and paying real money for it.)

Following the discussion on this thread, it's really funny to see jagex'es strategy work to perfection. Do you want a new city that we have already promised you for years? or do you want a new skill that should already have been released? Oh, ok, we'll maybe start developing those projects if you guys can just make up your minds... OH, GUESS WHAT! These updates should have already been released! masterful manipulation.

• Like 2

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I actually gained a little hope for the Elf City from that video. He seemed honestly really excited about it and the fact he even mentioned lore is great! I've been waiting so long for the Elven City it really is time for it to come out. It has my vote for sure.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

I really do hope invention skill beats elf quest in first poll...mainly because I don't want the quest half assed and rushed like birthright of the dwarves ended up (sub par quality story/development rounded up by annoying boss fight with no story continuation afterwards). And also I want invention skill sooner rather than later seeing as I've already stockpiled divine energy for fast xp.

How early they start developing an update does not, in any way, determine, contribute to, or otherwise affect its overall quality.

• Like 1

I really hope by the time Invention reaches us that silly concept art thing of lvl 90 2h weps made from assorted dw weps including lvl 90 ones is dead and buried.

In a game where dw > 2h the most downright stupid thing they could do is make 2h lvl 90s be made from dw lvl 90s with extras. Especially when we kinda need the 2h 90s to be a cheaper alternative for those of us not blessed with billions to drop on gear.

The reverse could've worked (2h in to dw) as you actually gain something there, but taking gear and making it into worse gear is just pointless.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I really hope by the time Invention reaches us that silly concept art thing of lvl 90 2h weps made from assorted dw weps including lvl 90 ones is dead and buried.

In a game where dw > 2h the most downright stupid thing they could do is make 2h lvl 90s be made from dw lvl 90s with extras. Especially when we kinda need the 2h 90s to be a cheaper alternative for those of us not blessed with billions to drop on gear.

The reverse could've worked (2h in to dw) as you actually gain something there, but taking gear and making it into worse gear is just pointless.

I believe the image only used one of the Drygores so I think it could make sense. It was horrifically ugly. but I think it could work.

It would mean the 2h option would be more than one of the drygore main-hand items (assuming it is the main-hand which is needed) but not be more than both of the main-hand and off-hand together.

90.png

max.png

I swear we've gone over this like 15 times

I want to see how they do it, and I'm not excited by quests after close to two years of (mostly) disappointing-at-best releases. The training methods have promise, but once again, more information would be ideal.

Just based on those clips, I find the idea of a new skill that gives Divination a reason to exist outside of training for the sake of it more appealing than a city we should have had five years ago. So sue me.

I believe the image only used one of the Drygores so I think it could make sense. It was horrifically ugly. but I think it could work.

It would mean the 2h option would be more than one of the drygore main-hand items (assuming it is the main-hand which is needed) but not be more than both of the main-hand and off-hand together.

No it could not work.

Issue 1 is the lvl 90 2h need to plug the gap between lvl 80 gear users and those with cash to get lvl 90 gear (especially for seismics and ascensions)

Issue 2 is no matter what way you spin it dual wield is better dps than 2h so it makes no sense to spend the money of a perfectly good dual wield item (even if you use it with a lesser oh for a time) only to make it into something worse.

Also the main image showing it is a staff with virtus and seismic wands stuck to the top (and a couple of others too)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

No it could not work.

Issue 1 is the lvl 90 2h need to plug the gap between lvl 80 gear users and those with cash to get lvl 90 gear (especially for seismics and ascensions)

Issue 2 is no matter what way you spin it dual wield is better dps than 2h so it makes no sense to spend the money of a perfectly good dual wield item (even if you use it with a lesser oh for a time) only to make it into something worse.

Also the main image showing it is a staff with virtus and seismic wands stuck to the top (and a couple of others too)

Yes the Magic one with the Staff and 3 wands, that was excessive. but the one for melee I don't think was too bad.

If I buy one Drygore main hand, lets say 100Mil and then a few other pieces, IDK lets say 5m. That is 105mil for a 2h level 90 weapon.

as opposed to if I purchased the Main-hand and Off-hand for around 170Mil. It is cheeper and the 2h is better than the single Main-Hand item.

Also if you can deconstruct the items back into their original items then we have a winner becuase someone could buy a Mainhand Drygore and get a 2h Drygore until they can afford the Offhand Drygore at which time they can disassemble the 2h back into the mainhand and sell off the other pieces. Now I don't know if you can decontruct like this, but if you can then I don't see much of an issue with it.

90.png

max.png

Anyone who doesn't vote for the elf city and quest is bad, and should feel bad. And quit the game because they're bad.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum