Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

What about the idea of using stance abilities like momentum. You can activate a "defender" ability like momentum to block 50% damage, but can only use autoattacks and other shield abilities.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

What about the idea of using stance abilities like momentum. You can activate a "defender" ability like momentum to block 50% damage, but can only use autoattacks and other shield abilities.

Hm... Rework Momentum into the defense-focused stance and have Conservation be the offense one? Though the names would work better the other way around.

I don't think stances/toggles should promote a specific role. Certainly, it'd be cool to have various stances, but a) they shouldn't be about reducing ability spam (that's something that needs to be cut regardless) and b) they should be roughly equal. I would rather have a more all-round fix to shields. However, chances are we won't get any all-round fixes.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I don't think stances/toggles should promote a specific role. Certainly, it'd be cool to have various stances, but a) they shouldn't be about reducing ability spam (that's something that needs to be cut regardless) and b) they should be roughly equal. I would rather have a more all-round fix to shields. However, chances are we won't get any all-round fixes.

I think your outlook is flawed. Using stance abilities can define your role as long as they aren't overly rigid in your game play. That is why I suggested the use of defensive abilities only when its active.

Also if you don't want to bw locked into using a stance then run with using abilities without the stance. Stanves should be about 'holding your ground' a certain way and not about free range movement.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

That's not what I meant. I'm saying that stances as a whole should not promote a specific role, that is, the group of abilities that are stances should not favour a certain role (= stances should roughly be equally powerful). That means I'd rather not see stances used as a shield buff, but rather as a diversification overall. The shield buff would have to be taken care of separately, preferably in a more specific and more thorough way.

As for your second point, that's completely unrelated. I didn't say anything about that, so I'm not sure why you brought it up.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

That's not what I meant. I'm saying that stances as a whole should not promote a specific role, that is, the group of abilities that are stances should not favour a certain role (= stances should roughly be equally powerful). That means I'd rather not see stances used as a shield buff, but rather as a diversification overall. The shield buff would have to be taken care of separately, preferably in a more specific and more thorough way.

As for your second point, that's completely unrelated. I didn't say anything about that, so I'm not sure why you brought it up.

Well in my minds eye I see there being more than one stance coming to the game over time. Right now I see that runescape needs something that favors roles. The core concept in my minds eye is something like:

- Toggled ability similar to momentum

- Constant passive effects

- Locked-in effect that will only allow you to toggle on/off the stance every 30 seconds

- hindering one combat value to bolster another (restricted to using defensive abilities while on defensive stance)

I think once the player base sees something suitable brought to them they'll start wondering about what jagex could do for the pure DPSer. Then from there maybe they'll consider a similar way of making a stance for DPSers.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I dont think a stances thing should ever limit abilities as much as you are suggesting.

To me it should be a passive modifier that still leaves options open, not locks you in to specific abilities or roles.

Eg

Tank Stance - 10% boost to your defence, slows attacks

Damage Stance - 10% boost to crits, 5% boost to damage, 10% defence reduction, 5% accuracy reduction.

Sniper Stance - 10% boost to accuracy, 5% reduce to damage, 5% reduce to defence.

Magician Stance - Boost to magic attack and defence but heavily reduced melee defence and reduced ranged attack

and so on and so forth.

But with no ability restrictions so that there is more nuances to how you can play.

Eg a tank could be a dps tank using dw or 2her or they could be a full tank using a shield.

I mean some of the more powerful stances of course may have some ability locks, but I don't think they should force you in to a singular role.

I mean more like perhaps a Kamikazee stance that heavily boosts damage but tears out a lot of defence and locks you out of healing abilities.

Or a hyperactive stance that improves attack speed at the cost of accuracy but locks out the overtime abilities like asphyxiate.

Though of course the vast majority of this, much like a shield rework, is entirely redundant without monsters to support its effective use.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

My first stance suggestion months ago was open ended for players much like yours Sy so I agree with your suggestion. Knowing Jagex, though they will most likely opt for a trade-off outlook on stances where players sacrifice something to gain something else.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Was discussing this with a non tiffer, came up with some stuff.

Instead of reducing defence, as it pretty much does nothing in EoC, making it reduce/increase damage taken...

Generic Stances- toggled, no cooldown, unlimited duration, CANNOT be toggled in combat:

No stance- Same as always, no change to damage taken/dealt etc. This would just be when you have nothing active.

Dps Stance - 10% extra damage, take 10% extra damage, prayers 30% effective.

Accuracy Stance - 10% accuracy, 10% less damage, 5% more damage taken, prayers 40% effective.

Tank Stance Deal 10% less damage dealt, take 15% less damage, Prayers 60% effective

Temporary Stances: Can choose from one of these every 5 minutes, last for 1 minute, no critical hits during that time- effects stack:

Hyperactive Stance - 2 tick global ability cooldown (Compared to 3) - 15% less accuracy, 10% less damage, Meta/Zerk/Sunshine/Swiftness last 5 seconds less each, no use of channelled abilities, protect prayers 40% effective.

Beserker Stance - Deal 20% extra melee damage, Take 25% more magic, 15% more melee and 10% more range, 20% chance of a faster ability delay by 1 tick, 25% accuracy loss, protect prayers only 20% effective.

Mystical Surge Stance - Deal 20% extra magic damage, take 25% more range, 15% more magic, 10% more melee damage, 20% chance of a faster ability delay by 1 tick, 25% accuracy loss, protect prayers only 20% effective.

Assassin Stance - Deal 20% extra ranged damage, take 25% more melee, 15% more range, 10% more magic damage, 20% chance of a faster ability delay by 1 tick, 25% accuracy loss, protect prayers only 20% effective.

No use of defensive abilities (Including anticipation/freedom) for the above 4 stances, and defensive abilities active when used will be cancelled.

Juggernaut Stance - Deal 30% less damage, Take 25% less damage, 20% chance of increasing adrenaline by 5% when you get hit, ultimates only use 80% adrenaline, thresholds only use 8%

Strategist Stance - Protect Prayers 70% effective if correct style, take 30% more damage from wrong styles, 15% accuracy and damage if using the correct style against monsters (Does not work on type-less, aka bosses)

Probably slightly unbalanced, but I can see the concept working pretty well. :)

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I think its funny we are discussing stances again. I remember bringing them up a while ago... I really hope they are implemented.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I would like that stance thing if they were abilities (with shared cooldowns) and did something like that for 15 seconds or so.

We have that, it's called Revenge/Reflect/Anticipation/Devotion... 15 seconds is almost nothing, it completely defeats the point of having a stance.

@Ambler: why one minute per five, why no critical hits? Why affect protect prayers out of the blue? To me, there seems no reason a berserker wouldn't have prayer. My point being, you're trying to balance a stance by adding downsides which aren't really downsides in many situations, and not always with good 'lore' reasons.

Unrelated, the use of percentages already makes stances super boring - they don't fit anywhere in the equipment system. I'd rather see level boosts.

That makes me incredibly happy. :D

By the looks of it, they are finally going to be implementing the old ideas/assets from their Lizardmen plans around the release of RS2 that they scrapped, but this time into OSRS. Despite the fact that I'll probably never play OSRS, it's still really awesome that they decided to bring back what is probably the oldest scrapped monster in the game.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Above The Lore hinted that the Dragon Riders are lizardmen, but Paul mentioned a few years ago that it is unlikely that they will show up in the game at all, considering that they would just look like less-impressive Dragonkin.

Apparently one of the PoP FAQ's on the official forums might have hinted otherwise, but I can't seem to find the post to source it correctly.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Yeah the port 2.0 release faq specifically said we would be seeing lizard men in-game later this year - so they are coming finally and too both games it would seem.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Q: Will lizardmen make their debut in the future through Player-owned Ports? They have been longed for over ten years now and Eastern Lands would be a suitable place to put a bizarre race like the lizardmen.

Mod Osborne: Lizardmen will make their first appearance in RuneScape this year, but not in Player-owned Ports.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Considering this was an FAQ specifically about rs 3 content and posted in the rs3 forums by a mod who works on the rs3 team and not the osrs team, and the senior narrative designer no less I highly doubt he was alluding to them being put in to a secondary project rather than the main game.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I like how they've made that thread in the HLF forum only because it's not like in this instance it is extremely biased to get only maxed players input on content that is supposed to be a mid-high level hub and will be reachable with like 2 or 3 lvl 70s and an odd sprinkling of other stats (unless gm quest serious ramps up reqs)

• Like 6

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I like how they've made that thread in the HLF forum only because it's not like in this instance it is extremely biased to get only maxed players input on content that is supposed to be a mid-high level hub and will be reachable with like 2 or 3 lvl 70s and an odd sprinkling of other stats (unless gm quest serious ramps up reqs)

My understanding was that it would be a high-level hub. With skills being so easy and fast to train, it seems silly for them to stick to their traditional definition of high-level (70+). If this is going to be a real high-level hub, HLF isn't exactly a bad place to start.

• Like 2