Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I'm usually really lax on things jagex does... but I can't tell you how nervous I am that they haven't mentioned a lockout mechanism for switching sides too many times.

Why should there be a limit? ._.
Because everyone and their mother knows jagex can't completely balance their content across the board. Let's not forget to mention practically everyone who plays at the higher levels has the mentality of an efficiency guru. They'll be hopping the fence left and right dependant on if they are bossing, training or doing slayer. That's just cheesy.

Ok I think if jagex can balance everything (you know those chances are grim) and put a soft lock on switching between legacy mode and eoc might the game might be ok. By a soft lock I mean players can only switch between modes once maybe every month.

That's not the real issue, whether or not if people can change frequently. The real issue is how do you accommodate really complex bosses like KK or Vorago into the old system? What happens to voking, for instance? The answer is it's going to be an exceptionally hard thing to do even with a great balancing/developing team. Eventually they aren't going to be able to keep squaring bosses like that into the old system or they'll have to dumb the bosses down so they are simple enough so they can be shoehorned in. It's a tough spot. I undersand they are trying to get back some of the older players (I can appreciate their effort), but this is way too complicated and I can't see much good coming out of this.

You hit the nail on the head! Jagex is bound to mess up something and people will flop over to one side just to take advantage.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I could be wrong here but isn't the EoC miles better when it comes to Slayer exp and bossing KPH? I can see legacy will be released and everyone who voted for it will complain they are "forced" to use the EoC as from an efficiency stand point it's better.

rohanlord.png

I could be wrong here but isn't the EoC miles better when it comes to Slayer exp and bossing KPH? I can see legacy will be released and everyone who voted for it will complain they are "forced" to use the EoC as from an efficiency stand point it's better.

Yeah I can see it being momentum v2.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I shouldn't be surprised about this U-turn, but it's just getting rediculous now. If they want anything they say to be trusted, they need to stop going back on every damn statement that they make.

For the first time, I think Jagex dont have a single clue on what direction to take the game.

• Like 1
Sylpheed.png

Ok I think if jagex can balance everything (you know those chances are grim) and put a soft lock on switching between legacy mode and eoc might the game might be ok. By a soft lock I mean players can only switch between modes once maybe every month.

That's not the real issue, whether or not if people can change frequently. The real issue is how do you accommodate really complex bosses like KK or Vorago into the old system? What happens to voking, for instance? The answer is it's going to be an exceptionally hard thing to do even with a great balancing/developing team. Eventually they aren't going to be able to keep squaring bosses like that into the old system or they'll have to dumb the bosses down so they are simple enough so they can be shoehorned in. It's a tough spot. I undersand they are trying to get back some of the older players (I can appreciate their effort), but this is way too complicated and I can't see much good coming out of this.

If you recall, Nex was out before EOC and it worked just fine. If they bring back the mechanic of Nex tanking on the player with the lowest defense, that might pose a slight problem, but everything else is manageable.

Get pulled on smoke? Oh well.

Get prisoned on ice, wow, you need to depend on your friends to get you out again!

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

If you recall, Nex was out before EOC and it worked just fine. If they bring back the mechanic of Nex tanking on the player with the lowest defense, that might pose a slight problem, but everything else is manageable.

Get pulled on smoke? Oh well.

Get prisoned on ice, wow, you need to depend on your friends to get you out again!

I know, I used to Nex in 2011. Which is why I didn't mention Nex. She could easily be incorporated into Legacy, but a boss like Vorago most assuredly can't be. KK -- possibly, maybe, but Vorago? No way at all.

Vorago would work if they had a "provoke" item, or if vorago had a right click option to "taunt" to get his attention

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

And why does it matter if people are switching left and right? ._.

Because attacking is the priority that's why...
What's your point?
You don't right click to equip your armour and weapons in your inventory do you?

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

What's your point?
You don't right click to equip your armour and weapons in your inventory do you?
What are you even talking about?

What's your point?
What are you even talking about?
Your priority would be to left click to attack and right click to provoke.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I was talking about "hopping the fence left and right", not switching the right and left mouse buttons... (which is a thing lefties do, FYI)

Why does it matter if people repeatedly switch between Legacy and EoC?

I was talking about "hopping the fence left and right", not switching the right and left mouse buttons... (which is a thing lefties do, FYI)

Why does it matter if people repeatedly switch between Legacy and EoC?

Well frankly it doesn't matter now as the faq stated that legacy would never out-dps eoc.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

new polls just disgust me.

why is there even a legacy poll going up before they have even finished the momentum upgrade and have it go live? isn't that the whole point of momentum? so people who like the old combat don't have to button mash,

new abilities for zaros, of course everyones gonna go with damage ability. They should just work on a new ultimate for each god focusing around there existing themes, sara heal, zammy/bandos damage, zaros aoe or debuffs. None of this players deciding the new abilities because a polls rather redundant when one option is doing more damage.

and of course the lovely economic effects of a bxp that they said they would never do again.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

new polls just disgust me.

why is there even a legacy poll going up before they have even finished the momentum upgrade and have it go live? isn't that the whole point of momentum? so people who like the old combat don't have to button mash,

new abilities for zaros, of course everyones gonna go with damage ability. They should just work on a new ultimate for each god focusing around there existing themes, sara heal, zammy/bandos damage, zaros aoe or debuffs. None of this players deciding the new abilities because a polls rather redundant when one option is doing more damage.

and of course the lovely economic effects of a bxp that they said they would never do again.

Would Sara's theme even really be a healing spell anymore? He ripped the wings off an Icyene and helped created a huge gouge in the land.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

The Legacy Combat is for PVP and clans.  They realized OSRS was being kept alive but PVP and clans and want to bring them back into RS3.  I'm personally excited but a little skeptic (because Jagex) since this could bring back one of the best things about Runescape (PVP Clanning).

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Very, very aggravated by the EOC U-Turn, surely all the EOC updates they're testing at the moment meet in the middle with the EOC whingers enough already.

Im most annoyed at the effect this will have on the rest of the content for the year. Last year was already pretty desolate for content because so much time was spent fixing the combat system. The EOC updates in beta at the moment are probably already tying up a fair few staff, and now theyre going to have to rebalance and configure whole new style of combat. Woohoo another year of one update a month content we come. GRRRRR. Its for polls like this where I wish it wasnt just whoever gets the most votes wins, as opposed to the high approval rate that was required in the old school polls, because to me a 60-40 win on a yes no poll isnt enough to warrant the time that will need to be invested in this.