Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I truly do not understand why people are getting so mad. If you dont want to use it, don't use it. There are lots of people who want the old combat system for PvP/Pures/ect.

Plus the Q&A fleshed it out enough that it seem decent enough, it will NEVER be truly balanced, JAGEX ADMITTED THIS, then again what the hell is balanced in this game

No, but by allowing them to develop this will probably cost development resources on other updates that are already overdue.

...Damn it, I wanted to post that. :-(

If it really was "don't like it don't use it", I'd vote for this thing: choice is good. If there's even a chance that it'll cause some updates we've been waiting a couple of years for to be delayed, or if they end up being half-assed... Then what's the point, really? Is it really worth sacrificing features from the current game to pander to players who quit years ago or who are already playing it in OSRS? If they were going to do something like this, they should have done it during the EoC beta.

This is all assuming they would actually work on those updates. We know Jagex has a track record for neglecting updates people actually want. What im saying is this negativity is insane since the only people who are going to use it are.

1. People who want to afk more

2. PvPers

3. New players

1. People who want to afk more

They should just use momentum. AFKers are not an audience that needs pandering. They're an audience that needs a stern talking to. Momentum is more than generous enough for them.

2. PvPers

Correction: BAD PvPers. The only reason PvP used to be popular is because it used to be incredibly easy. It was like Call of Duty, point and click, get kills without any effort. Then once every few minutes you get a killstreak/special attack that gives you even more effortless kills. When these baddies say they want PvP "fixed" what they really mean is they want PvP dumbed down so they can be "good" at it again. The way to save PvP is make new interesting PvP minigames and scenarios, not to dumb it down for stubborn PK kiddies.

3. New players

No new player is going to click on "legacy mode". Even if they do, they'll quickly realize it's an outdated mess and they'll switch back to EoC. A brand new player to Runescape won't find themselves gravitating towards click-and-wait combat instead of faster paced combat involving a big list of dozens of interesting looking abilities. If someone really thinks a newbie is going to prefer two special attacks per 300 seconds vs. continuous combat feedback, they need to take their head out of their rose-tinted butt.

• Like 3

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I don't really see why it wouldn't be balanced for PvM except from Vorago/RotS/KK.

General PvM monsters can be done with just autoattacks currently, and they said they wanted to balance the damage output of autoattacks in Legacy mode to be closer to EoC while not being equal nor higher (IMO something around ~75k exp/hour less than EoC sounds fair to me.)

Besides, you'd be able to AFK in the same way as legacy mode with Revolution, letting you have exp rates very close to regular EoC.

Legacy mode definitely won't be lile RS was pre-EoC, as evidenced by the fact equipment stats, LP, dual-wielding, etc. will be inherited from EoC (meaning defenders, shields, etc still wouldn't be viable.)

edit later to finish this post

So if legacy mode is going to be balanced to momentuming why can't people just y'know USE MOMENTUM.

• Like 6

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So if legacy mode is going to be balanced to momentuming why can't people just y'know USE MOMENTUM.

Because the vast majority of people voting for legacy will be the ones who have no idea how abilities work because rather than trying to learn how it works they just moaned about it until we got to this point.

• Like 1

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

the only reason I want this legacy mode is for the old fixed screen interface. that's it. momentum+ should be this new, silly thing.

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I truly do not understand why people are getting so mad. If you dont want to use it, don't use it. There are lots of people who want the old combat system for PvP/Pures/ect.

Plus the Q&A fleshed it out enough that it seem decent enough, it will NEVER be truly balanced, JAGEX ADMITTED THIS, then again what the hell is balanced in this game

same reason why i voted against 07scape, which then was actually true later: they don't have enough staff to futz around on this stuff AND work on the game we have now without taking a hit in productivity AND since the demand was being misrepresented, they would both be making a feature that would end up getting underused, PLUS they'd be wasting that manpower even more

anybody who even breathes a word otherwise this time is just lying through their teeth or wishing for an after christmas miracle

it's shit like this that left the current system incomplete as it is now, with people [bleep]ing about things they don't understand, and then getting changes that completely undermine the point of everything else

pvp, i understand, but they were already working towards a solution, and i think autofiring basic attacks is probably going to be the standard

pures? why the hell should i care about a bunch of entitled butts who at one time considered themselves "superior" for an exploit in an unbalanced system? who do they think they are?

8f14270694.jpg

Legacy mode is probably going to win and I'm very concerned on how this is going to work.

-Sobend

Proud to be free from the tyranny of pants. Hurrah!

pures? why the hell should i care about a bunch of entitled butts who at one time considered themselves "superior" for an exploit in an unbalanced system? who do they think they are?

Because being a pure was superior (back in like 2004) since people would just wander into the wilderness for shits and giggles, underestimating their pure opponents. It wasn't unbalanced; people just didn't know how to counter pures at the time because not many people built special accounts specifically for PK'ing purposes.

Once pures became extremely popular and everyone made secondary accounts they were no longer superior. After they gave armor strength bonuses, only the idiots kept building 1 defense pures since rune pures and tanks were top of the food chain by then.

Meanwhile, Jagex probably benefited from that extra revenue from everybody's secondary accounts so they could fund some of the stuff that you enjoy. Hope you learned something. :P

Is it just me or were the high-risk pures/PK'ers/stakers basically the "jerks" of Runescape, and the skillers and PvMers were always the "nice guys" that finished last? :P

77yLQy8.png

Given that Jagex won't make any useful updates with the dev time they waste on Legacy, it doesn't matter what the vote does. It's useless one way or another. I just think that this legacy mode thing will be a far more interesting disaster than the alternative.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The Legacy Combat is for PVP and clans.  They realized OSRS was being kept alive but PVP and clans and want to bring them back into RS3.  I'm personally excited but a little skeptic (because Jagex) since this could bring back one of the best things about Runescape (PVP Clanning).

All it takes is a few snipers to swap to EoC mode and they'll ruin the whole fight. Remember fighting crappy country clans who never followed the rules of a fight and eventually you just had to resort to the same dirty tactics to even get a postable win? If the thing they have to resort to is EoC combat, they'll never come back. They'll stay on OSRS, where they know that even though rulebreakers and crashers will mess up a fight, they at least won't have to worry about people switching to single-way and abusing AoEs.

All this will ensure is that clans stay on OSRS, not encourage the opposite.

hzvjpwS.gif

Vorago would work if they had a "provoke" item, or if vorago had a right click option to "taunt" to get his attention

Not really. Voking is the least of worries as far as fitting Vorago into Legacy is concerned. If it was just voking, that's easy and there's a bazillion different solutions (that's why I think KK can be fit into Legacy, though Vorago can't). The reason Vorago can't be fit into the old system is because he is specifically designed so everyone from the base, to the DPS, to the bomb, have to use specific abilities to deal damage in a certain way, or to heal themselves or to heal others. You could probably get the DPS aspect right into the old system, but what about bomb tank? How is he/she supposed to function without resonance, devotion, reflect, barricade, immortality, rejuvenate, etc etc? I suppose he could just use a TON of food, but you'd be lucky to get one kill per trip and everyone would probably constantly be dropping food for him.

The alternative is to nerf Vorago hard to make him easy enough for Legacy, and obviously they shouldn't do that.

This might be me being a stickler, but I think all legacy discussion should be kept on the seperate topic created for it. This is one heck of a heated discussion. I wouldn't want it to drown out the rest of the cool stuff coming like the zarosian themed ultimates coming or the super secret minigame due out this february.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Grand-master quest, "Heist" minigame, Abyssal wand+orb being brought to abby demons and other stuffs.
Alright I guess, finally have a quest

EDIT:
I brought you guys a present

• Like 1

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

cya virtus wand :>:>:>:>:>

sounds like the t75 wand/orb will be task only drops though

Start the abyssal mask hate-train!

I ditched my wand of treachery in record speed.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

speaking of zaros themed abilities, it's sort of likely that everybody just picked the first option because they didn't actually read any of the descriptions, and these ultimates could fall into either the "not worth using" category or the "way too strong" category

would rather have more useful thresholds

either way, looking forward to endless shouting

"STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM"

8f14270694.jpg

speaking of zaros themed abilities, it's sort of likely that everybody just picked the first option because they didn't actually read any of the descriptions, and these ultimates could fall into either the "not worth using" category or the "way too strong" category

would rather have more useful thresholds

either way, looking forward to endless shouting

"STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM"

Yeah that true. The majority of the community is "moar dee pee ess!" As seen by the poll. I mean frankly they should have given us the group buff ability without asking. I feel insulted the community went with the bland dps option.

Jagex needs to set a standard of letting The community pick an option and they thenselves picking one. Otherwise this is going to be junky.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I think that the Health Sacrifice ability seemed the most interesting.

I liked that one too because I could see them doing something like sacrifice 10% overall lp for a 10% defense rating gane for 30 seconds.

I was hoping for a group ability because it woulf have encouraged more pvm cooperation for efficient kills.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

in fact, i'd go so far as to say that ultimates don't really have much of a role in most combat situations since they have pretty big cooldowns and fights always go on for too long or too short to make full use of them, or if you do need them, you also have to make a hard choice between being able to heal or toughing it out

i'd rather have something i can rely on at my side in most situations rather than another not really that great or situational killing blow move that i'm only going to use once per fight

isn't like pokemon where i can switch with somebody else after incurring a penalty

8f14270694.jpg

People use ultimates other than zerk, sunshine, swiftness, baracade and the occasional butterfly for hp?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum