Cowman_133

Future Update Discussions

A new skill, which will probably suck at first but has a chance to be improved later:

-Will satisfy my autistic grinding needs for at least a few weeks

-Will never be dead content

-Even if it sucks, it should make divination at least a little less useless

OR

A new mid-to-high level city and a quest that are far overdue:

-Most of the budget will be spent on pretty graphics, actual content will be more than likely heavily neglected

-Likely created by untalented and/or unexperienced people who don't know the game at all resulting in underwhelming rewards and below average exp rates

-Will be dead content within a week

-If it sucks, it will probably be treated like POP was. 

-At least we get two spins for finishing the quest

The choise should be obvious.

A new mid to high level city

That includes the ability to crystal sing for ourselves and thus a bunch of new crystal equipment, possibly including some new bests (lvl 70 axe and pick maybe?)

It also includes new training spots with new ways to train.

New combat training locations.

A quest prior to launch

Just because you have a personal preference there is no need to outright ignore half of what we have been promised with the other option. Not to mention half your points are invalid.

A skill can just as easily be dead content as an area, something like firemaking that gets minimal use and is only trained for the sake of levels is a perfect example of a dead content skill.

You cannot say either update will or will not be dead content, you are not psychic and cannot foresee how they will go.

Since they are competing for the same dev budget odds are they would receive similar dev teams so it is totally bogus to claim one will likely be done badly and the other won't and by the same measure the skill is just as likely to suffer from the same underwhelming rewards and below average xp as the city.

Equally if the city sucks it also has the chance to improve later, more so than a skill areas can have new content and quests plugged in easily.

If your gonna make a case for it at least make real points and not just fling arguments that can just as easily apply to both options on the one you dislike whilst singing the praises of the one you do.

• Like 4

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

What worries me just a little bit is the fact they are giving us a choice likely means the SAME team would be working on the project, regardless of result.

Now imagine a team of artists and lore guys trying to bang out a new skill in 6 months- it would look nice and have a good story behind it, but most of the gameplay aspects would be rubbish and/or broken.

And the same for if a team of gameplay guys worked on the elf city. The projects are just so very different.

Worryingly this also likely means that jagex doesn't have the resources to work on two big projects at the same time. Either that or making the game also available on HTML5 means they have to do alot of extra work(although noone can really play the game on HTML5).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

A new mid to high level city

That includes the ability to crystal sing for ourselves and thus a bunch of new crystal equipment, possibly including some new bests (lvl 70 axe and pick maybe?)

It also includes new training spots with new ways to train.

New combat training locations.

A quest prior to launch

Just because you have a personal preference there is no need to outright ignore half of what we have been promised with the other option. Not to mention half your points are invalid.

A skill can just as easily be dead content as an area, something like firemaking that gets minimal use and is only trained for the sake of levels is a perfect example of a dead content skill.

You cannot say either update will or will not be dead content, you are not psychic and cannot foresee how they will go.

Since they are competing for the same dev budget odds are they would receive similar dev teams so it is totally bogus to claim one will likely be done badly and the other won't and by the same measure the skill is just as likely to suffer from the same underwhelming rewards and below average xp as the city.

Equally if the city sucks it also has the chance to improve later, more so than a skill areas can have new content and quests plugged in easily.

If your gonna make a case for it at least make real points and not just fling arguments that can just as easily apply to both options on the one you dislike whilst singing the praises of the one you do.

I didn't expect a serious answer, but just to clarify, it was a joke to counter those "durr if you don't vote for the city, you are bad" -replies.

Although, I'm still right and your whole reply was delusional and [bleep]ing retarded. Ad hominem is 100% justified here.

What worries me just a little bit is the fact they are giving us a choice likely means the SAME team would be working on the project, regardless of result.

Now imagine a team of artists and lore guys trying to bang out a new skill in 6 months- it would look nice and have a good story behind it, but most of the gameplay aspects would be rubbish and/or broken.

And the same for if a team of gameplay guys worked on the elf city. The projects are just so very different.

Worryingly this also likely means that jagex doesn't have the resources to work on two big projects at the same time. Either that or making the game also available on HTML5 means they have to do alot of extra work(although noone can really play the game on HTML5).

I could see some of the core team of the project being the same. But that doesn't necessarily mean the exact same team. I could see some of the team being similar...graphics, audio, etc. These parts would have a major time investment whether its a new skill or not. The J mods in charge of concepts and other stuff however might not be the same for the project. I could see them either allowing the invention team to do the design process for new skill but not allocating them the resources for graphics and audio until after city is done or vice versa.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Mod Chris L is the Elf curator and is very busy with the development already. He bases most of the stuff on Mod Dylan's notes (he invented all the Elf stuff apart from the last quest, which was Chris L's work). So the quality of the quest and city isn't something I'm worried about, if they give him an large enough competent team. But he won't work on the skill if that gets the vote, I guess most of the team will hop over to that project then.

Also, yesterday a mod said ingame that it'll be MEP3, to gain access to the city, but also a story within the city itself.

• Like 3

Mod Chris L is the Elf curator and is very busy with the development already.

Final boss of MEP3:

"Elfrago has sent a crystal bomb after you! Run!"

• Like 12

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Wasnt there something about elf tasks being released around the time MEP3 is?

howlin1eeveesig.png

Mod Chris L is the Elf curator and is very busy with the development already.

Final boss of MEP3:

"Elfrago has sent a crystal bomb after you! Run!"

Good that I know how to tank Vorago already then ;)

On a more serious note I really do hope that the elf city wins this vote. Now when MEP3 have been pretty much confirmed to be released if Priffdinas wins the vote I really, really wish for it to win. We have waited so long for this city. And all the feautures that will come with it; Crystal singing, new equipment and most probably quite some awesome graphics (and sound hopefully!). I really do think that this all stands over the new skill. Even though I of course would love to vote for both :p. Priffdinas certainly will get my vote this week!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Wasnt there something about elf tasks being released around the time MEP3 is?

Was said at RuneFest 2011, don't know if it is still the plan.

I personaly think they should of not even put these two up. But instead take a year to do the Elf City + A real WGS type grand master quest. This allows time for 6/7 quests inbetween now and december to round up to 200 and the fact it would be less rushed and actual content will be good at least. I have a feeling they wont be able to keep up with whats expected. Invention SHOULD of been in work months and months ago. But you know jagex.

Crystal singing should have HARD requirements on it.

Say, the ability to make t90 tank armor and one 2h weapon for each class. Considering they want you to duct tape an armadyl staff, seismic wand, virtus wand, and another wand to make a 2h t90 staff, that is bloody stupid

Crystal halbred, crystal quarterstaff, crystal longbow.

BAM

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Yes, let's make things even more top heavy! That will solve the problem of everything being too top-heavy!

...On a serious note, I will without question vote for Priffindas if it actually has meaningful content for people who aren't the 1%.

• Like 1

I could see crystal singing being used to make some gear in the 70-80 region like as alternatives to chaotics and/or some options outside of barrows weps in the 70s.

I could also see it being used to augment skilling more than combat (since Seren pacifist etc) like crystal pickaxe and hatchet and maybe other crystal tools to go along with the saw like a knife and a pestle and mortar and a hammer and a needle and farming tools etc. that offer some boon to their respective skills be it as simple as new best for mine/wc tools or small xp boosts or other effects like disease protection.

I think halberd has got to be included, not out of being useful but out of sheer overdueness. I also wonder if being able to crystal sing ourselves will allow us to escape journeys to bowls/paying for shield, bow, saw, chimes and teleport.

It'll also be interesting to see how it plays out in relation to using seeds to grow crystal items; they could make a nice new special farming item in the higher end I think. Also could include interesting mechanics to do with learning songs - as in how recharge gets cheaper as she becomes attuned to you there's a small internal tier/power curve within crystal equipment allowing you to produce better gear with more practice.

As in say like at first you make a lvl 70 x then after y times you can make a lvl 71 x and so on through to 75 or 80 ish.

But I don't wanna get my hopes up too much, after all this is Jagex.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm not really convinced that either side's arguments that the other update will come out messed up encourages me to vote for either update

I would rather have the possibility that I could be using improved equipment (across all tiers) before the possibility of a quest that I could be using that equipment on, for a city that we are heavily gambling will have anything of actual worth to use immediately afterwards, especially since it's unlikely that they'll have something like the blast furnace right away, and the crystal singing speculation is about as wishful as the invention speculation, so i call foul on that

if we can't trust the developers to make good on either one, there's no point in discussing the issue

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

Although, I'm still right and your whole reply was delusional and [bleep]ing retarded. Ad hominem is 100% justified here.

This is still a matter of opinion. You are twisting the debate by simply make your favorable outcome look the best by neglecting their bad things and only noting the bad things of the for you unfavorable outcome.

However, Sy is just attacking the arguments themselves noting they are one sided and just say what is wrong with the list of arguments you gave. Some of your arguments can be said about your favorable choice and he is bringing forward the argument that the teams probably would be very much alike just that a small part of the team will be working on said content regardless of the outcome. (MCL working on Elf City whether it gets chosen or not, while the swaying team will work on what is chosen.) 

Then Sy says that this is because of you wanting something specific. It is okay for you to ignore arguments, however Sy only counters it so it is quickly rectified and that someone can base their own opinion much less influenced by a one sided argumentation.

Ad hominem is not in place here.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Honestly you couldn't have asked for a better mod to develope the elf city. MCL has had the best track record for content acceptance from the community. If MCL messed up the elf city I could cope and justify it as me not having an appreciation for something he didfor the city. That man has done such a wonderful job on everything he touches. If he 'messes' anything up its either because I'm too nearsighted or overly critical

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

A new skill, which will probably suck at first but has a chance to be improved later:

-Will satisfy my autistic grinding needs for at least a few weeks

-Will never be dead content

-Even if it sucks, it should make divination at least a little less useless

OR

A new mid-to-high level city and a quest that are far overdue:

-Most of the budget will be spent on pretty graphics, actual content will be more than likely heavily neglected

-Likely created by untalented and/or unexperienced people who don't know the game at all resulting in underwhelming rewards and below average exp rates

-Will be dead content within a week

-If it sucks, it will probably be treated like POP was. 

-At least we get two spins for finishing the quest

The choise should be obvious.

superbad/10

At least be well rounded lol

Mod Chris L is the Elf curator and is very busy with the development already. He bases most of the stuff on Mod Dylan's notes (he invented all the Elf stuff apart from the last quest, which was Chris L's work). So the quality of the quest and city isn't something I'm worried about, if they give him an large enough competent team. But he won't work on the skill if that gets the vote, I guess most of the team will hop over to that project then.

Also, yesterday a mod said ingame that it'll be MEP3, to gain access to the city, but also a story within the city itself.

I'm sorry I'm having a brain fart; what's MEP3?

Yes, let's make things even more top heavy! That will solve the problem of everything being too top-heavy!

...On a serious note, I will without question vote for Priffindas if it actually has meaningful content for people who aren't the 1%.

Especially if it isn't for the 1%

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Oi, don't forget Tytn, Dylan and Ash! :o

I'm not sure about their track records. I've been around since the dawn of time, but I know Tytn and Dylan came out with some awesome stuff. I think Tytn did amazing story work and Dylan was known for his puzzles. I wish Tytn was still around. Matter of fact I wish Jagex would contract older mods to come back to run dev and concept time for particularly special projects.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

DownToFletch: Mourning Ends Part 3 :) Although, some mod today said it might be a small, other quest, he wasn't sure about it, but more info will follow the coming week. He also said that at least a part of the city would be accessible to ALL players, so I fear now the Elf quests (and the rebirth of the city) will be considered 5th age, with now an accessible city in the sixth age. I'm not pleased with that, we deserve to know what happens to our longest quest chain.

Dylan was the previous Elf curator too. :p Ash is known for everything related to the Wise Old Man and My Arm, besides being one of the oldest players and mods of the game, next to being a good lad to players.

Thanks for reminding me. I think I still need to do MEP1/2. iirc Part 2 was a PITA

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Quests and skills should lock content. Why release a mid to high lvl hub available to all players?

The minimum requirements for all of the elf quests (at least the plague quests) is:

That is med level. Why not make the quests a requirement?!

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Same reason everyone and their mother gets to see Guthix killed or gets to know about every powerful being and object through quests like TWW and MPD. :/

Jagex wants to make 6th age stuff as accessible as possible, so their stories are "easier to follow". But all it leaves behind is a mess...

Anyway... What were they thinking when they made the whole "Power to the Players" thing?

It sounds like a noble cause at first, but... the way they're doing it means that if 51% of the players (or something close to that) vote for something while 49% voted for something else, then they'll be working on an update knowing fully well that it will disappoint up to half of the player base.

I know that the "losing" update will simply be delayed and released later, but I think that such a delay in itself is sure to disappoint every single person who voted for the losing side (unless they didn't really care and voted for a random option.)

Or am I missing something there?

What happens if there is a tie between two pieces of content?

In this incredibly unlikely situation, then we will consult the comments, discussions and input you've provided us via social media and the forums in order to come to a decision.

[qfc]355-356-0-65247706[/qfc]

8f14270694.jpg