Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I could see crystal singing being used to make some gear in the 70-80 region like as alternatives to chaotics and/or some options outside of barrows weps in the 70s.

I could also see it being used to augment skilling more than combat (since Seren pacifist etc) like crystal pickaxe and hatchet and maybe other crystal tools to go along with the saw like a knife and a pestle and mortar and a hammer and a needle and farming tools etc. that offer some boon to their respective skills be it as simple as new best for mine/wc tools or small xp boosts or other effects like disease protection.

I think halberd has got to be included, not out of being useful but out of sheer overdueness. I also wonder if being able to crystal sing ourselves will allow us to escape journeys to bowls/paying for shield, bow, saw, chimes and teleport.

It'll also be interesting to see how it plays out in relation to using seeds to grow crystal items; they could make a nice new special farming item in the higher end I think. Also could include interesting mechanics to do with learning songs - as in how recharge gets cheaper as she becomes attuned to you there's a small internal tier/power curve within crystal equipment allowing you to produce better gear with more practice.

As in say like at first you make a lvl 70 x then after y times you can make a lvl 71 x and so on through to 75 or 80 ish.

But I don't wanna get my hopes up too much, after all this is Jagex.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm not really convinced that either side's arguments that the other update will come out messed up encourages me to vote for either update

I would rather have the possibility that I could be using improved equipment (across all tiers) before the possibility of a quest that I could be using that equipment on, for a city that we are heavily gambling will have anything of actual worth to use immediately afterwards, especially since it's unlikely that they'll have something like the blast furnace right away, and the crystal singing speculation is about as wishful as the invention speculation, so i call foul on that

if we can't trust the developers to make good on either one, there's no point in discussing the issue

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

Although, I'm still right and your whole reply was delusional and [bleep]ing retarded. Ad hominem is 100% justified here.

This is still a matter of opinion. You are twisting the debate by simply make your favorable outcome look the best by neglecting their bad things and only noting the bad things of the for you unfavorable outcome.

However, Sy is just attacking the arguments themselves noting they are one sided and just say what is wrong with the list of arguments you gave. Some of your arguments can be said about your favorable choice and he is bringing forward the argument that the teams probably would be very much alike just that a small part of the team will be working on said content regardless of the outcome. (MCL working on Elf City whether it gets chosen or not, while the swaying team will work on what is chosen.) 

Then Sy says that this is because of you wanting something specific. It is okay for you to ignore arguments, however Sy only counters it so it is quickly rectified and that someone can base their own opinion much less influenced by a one sided argumentation.

Ad hominem is not in place here.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Honestly you couldn't have asked for a better mod to develope the elf city. MCL has had the best track record for content acceptance from the community. If MCL messed up the elf city I could cope and justify it as me not having an appreciation for something he didfor the city. That man has done such a wonderful job on everything he touches. If he 'messes' anything up its either because I'm too nearsighted or overly critical

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

A new skill, which will probably suck at first but has a chance to be improved later:

-Will satisfy my autistic grinding needs for at least a few weeks

-Will never be dead content

-Even if it sucks, it should make divination at least a little less useless

OR

A new mid-to-high level city and a quest that are far overdue:

-Most of the budget will be spent on pretty graphics, actual content will be more than likely heavily neglected

-Likely created by untalented and/or unexperienced people who don't know the game at all resulting in underwhelming rewards and below average exp rates

-Will be dead content within a week

-If it sucks, it will probably be treated like POP was. 

-At least we get two spins for finishing the quest

The choise should be obvious.

superbad/10

At least be well rounded lol

Mod Chris L is the Elf curator and is very busy with the development already. He bases most of the stuff on Mod Dylan's notes (he invented all the Elf stuff apart from the last quest, which was Chris L's work). So the quality of the quest and city isn't something I'm worried about, if they give him an large enough competent team. But he won't work on the skill if that gets the vote, I guess most of the team will hop over to that project then.

Also, yesterday a mod said ingame that it'll be MEP3, to gain access to the city, but also a story within the city itself.

I'm sorry I'm having a brain fart; what's MEP3?

Yes, let's make things even more top heavy! That will solve the problem of everything being too top-heavy!

...On a serious note, I will without question vote for Priffindas if it actually has meaningful content for people who aren't the 1%.

Especially if it isn't for the 1%

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Oi, don't forget Tytn, Dylan and Ash! :o

I'm not sure about their track records. I've been around since the dawn of time, but I know Tytn and Dylan came out with some awesome stuff. I think Tytn did amazing story work and Dylan was known for his puzzles. I wish Tytn was still around. Matter of fact I wish Jagex would contract older mods to come back to run dev and concept time for particularly special projects.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

DownToFletch: Mourning Ends Part 3 :) Although, some mod today said it might be a small, other quest, he wasn't sure about it, but more info will follow the coming week. He also said that at least a part of the city would be accessible to ALL players, so I fear now the Elf quests (and the rebirth of the city) will be considered 5th age, with now an accessible city in the sixth age. I'm not pleased with that, we deserve to know what happens to our longest quest chain.

Dylan was the previous Elf curator too. :p Ash is known for everything related to the Wise Old Man and My Arm, besides being one of the oldest players and mods of the game, next to being a good lad to players.

Quests and skills should lock content. Why release a mid to high lvl hub available to all players?

The minimum requirements for all of the elf quests (at least the plague quests) is:

That is med level. Why not make the quests a requirement?!

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Same reason everyone and their mother gets to see Guthix killed or gets to know about every powerful being and object through quests like TWW and MPD. :/

Jagex wants to make 6th age stuff as accessible as possible, so their stories are "easier to follow". But all it leaves behind is a mess...

Anyway... What were they thinking when they made the whole "Power to the Players" thing?

It sounds like a noble cause at first, but... the way they're doing it means that if 51% of the players (or something close to that) vote for something while 49% voted for something else, then they'll be working on an update knowing fully well that it will disappoint up to half of the player base.

I know that the "losing" update will simply be delayed and released later, but I think that such a delay in itself is sure to disappoint every single person who voted for the losing side (unless they didn't really care and voted for a random option.)

Or am I missing something there?

What happens if there is a tie between two pieces of content?

In this incredibly unlikely situation, then we will consult the comments, discussions and input you've provided us via social media and the forums in order to come to a decision.

[qfc]355-356-0-65247706[/qfc]

8f14270694.jpg

What happens if there is a tie between two pieces of content?

In this incredibly unlikely situation, then we will consult the comments, discussions and input you've provided us via social media and the forums in order to come to a decision.

[qfc]355-356-0-65247706[/qfc]

Time to go spam JMods on Twitter with Elf City, just to be sure.

• Like 1

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Anyway... What were they thinking when they made the whole "Power to the Players" thing?

It sounds like a noble cause at first, but... the way they're doing it means that if 51% of the players (or something close to that) vote for something while 49% voted for something else, then they'll be working on an update knowing fully well that it will disappoint up to half of the player base.

I know that the "losing" update will simply be delayed and released later, but I think that such a delay in itself is sure to disappoint every single person who voted for the losing side (unless they didn't really care and voted for a random option.

Or am I missing something there?

Democracy is the worst kind of government, except for all the others. :P

• Like 2
Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Elf City F.A.Q. from Mod Osborne  http://[Use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?355,356,562,65264598

So, here we go: answers to your most-asked questions about the Elf City!

Please note that the Elf City is very early in development (we're still waiting for a certain poll to finish), so the information below is subject to change. We will be involving you throughout the project's development, asking Power to the Players polls about various aspects, and reading your feedback on the poll thread.

Will the Elf City include a Grand Exchange?

We are discussing/researching the possibility of including a Grand Exchange in the Elf City. We definitely want to include one! If included, the GE would share the same mechanics and plug into the existing GE.

Will the Elf City be available to everyone?

The current storyline makes it clear that, at the time of Within the Light, the Elf City is in seed form. It would be hard for a player to clamber into a tiny seed! With this in mind, the Elf City will likely only be accessible to those who have completed Within the Light. We will try to make sure that there is adequate storyline reasoning for how the city has returned from its seed form. It is possible that a very small element of the Elf City - Iorwerth Camp improvements, for example - will be available to those who have completed Underground Pass.

What will get on launch?

On launch, you will likely receive four diverse and densely packed segments of the city, alongside the Tower of Voices and city walls. These will feature new training methods, guild-like areas and combat experiences.

Does the Elf City come with a quest?

In the weeks that follow the launch of the Elf City, we will be bringing you a grandmaster quest that will culminate the elf story. 

When do we get the rest of the city?

The remaining four segments of the city are likely to come shortly after the quest. It is likely that these four segments will bring the more peaceful elves back to Prifddinas, and will require the completion of the new grandmaster quest to access them. The grandmaster quest will detail why these elves have returned.

Do we get any say in the Elf City?

We will poll several elements of this content over the next few months. We really want you to get involved! The polls will likely focus on the various city segments, rewards for the area, and the skills tied into crystal singing.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Sounds positive other than I dislike the fact they are going to make up a story reason for half the city to be back post-within the light without an actual quest and then have the quest post-launch restore the other half of the city.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Sounds positive other than I dislike the fact they are going to make up a story reason for half the city to be back post-within the light without an actual quest and then have the quest post-launch restore the other half of the city.

I'm not thrilled about it but at least they're recognizing it. With some previous comments I thought they might just ignore it or handwave it away. 

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I'm not thrilled about it but at least they're recognizing it. With some previous comments I thought they might just ignore it or handwave it away.

I guess it's possible that developments occurred after Within the Light (the same way that things "happen" between Biohazard and Underground Pass or Regicide and ME1), which could be alluded to during the quest. Maybe some elven clans broke into the city/the Iorwerth clan re-entered the city, and forcibly re-sang their clan's sectors back into building form.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I think what bugs me most about it is they could release 1/8th of the city without having to 'make up' anything.

As the lore stands the Iorweth clan went against the other 7 so it'd be perfectly plausible for as early as underground pass us to be able to access the Iorweth 1/8th of the city.

Whilst having the other 7 await our victory in the grand master quest to come out and restore their parts of the city.

It sounds as if their explanation is going to be making 3 other clans a bit combatant and thus having them support Iorweth lot, which is at least a reasonable compromise.

What I don't entirely follow is why Within the Light is going to be the quest to let us in to the first half, to me it'd make more sense for underground pass to let us in - as the gates are just open OR regicide when we make 'friends' with the Iorweth guys as they let us in. Why randomly let us in half way through our infiltration attempt?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

What I don't entirely follow is why Within the Light is going to be the quest to let us in to the first half, to me it'd make more sense for underground pass to let us in - as the gates are just open OR regicide when we make 'friends' with the Iorweth guys as they let us in. Why randomly let us in half way through our infiltration attempt?

Halfway through their attempt to take over the whole of Prifddinas, the Iorwerth clan realises that their attempts are in vain as some idiot has sealed the Death Altar from them and all their mourners keep getting killed. Iorwerth goes insane and gives up on his plan to bring back the Dark Lord, and has half of the city reconstructed into an image of the old Prifddinas, retiring to the city to rule over his clan. You then enter his faux city and kill him and his overpowered bodyguard, after which the rogue elves show up and pull down a statue of him.
  • Like 3

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Halfway through their attempt to take over the whole of Prifddinas, the Iorwerth clan realises that their attempts are in vain as some idiot has sealed the Death Altar from them and all their mourners keep getting killed. Iorwerth goes insane and gives up on his plan to bring back the Dark Lord, and has half of the city reconstructed into an image of the old Prifddinas, retiring to the city to rule over his clan. You then enter his faux city and kill him and his overpowered bodyguard, after which the rogue elves show up and pull down a statue of him.

Also in the throws of his abandonning his plan about 8 plot strands are completely dropped with no explaination at all. In this case I'm guessing how Lathas came to be allied with them, who their dark lord is, what exactly their ritual was going to be and the ambiguity over whether we really killed Tyras since we never actually saw him.

Maybe if we're lucky they'll want to tie something up neatly and a gnome envoy can appear to give a speech on why they were shopping with the chaos dwarves for no apparent reason.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I would rather they hold it off and release with the grand master quest. I say grand master, it'll likely be a like the Dwarf quest. A flop.

I have mixed feelings about this

When the city is released people will be wanting to explore the new training options to find more efficient ways to skill.

That's just me though...

As long as it's PROMISED, within a couple weeks of the cities release I'm okay. I probably won't have the stats to do it anyways :P

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png