Cowman_133

Future Update Discussions

I actually gained a little hope for the Elf City from that video. He seemed honestly really excited about it and the fact he even mentioned lore is great! I've been waiting so long for the Elven City it really is time for it to come out. It has my vote for sure.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

I really do hope invention skill beats elf quest in first poll...mainly because I don't want the quest half assed and rushed like birthright of the dwarves ended up (sub par quality story/development rounded up by annoying boss fight with no story continuation afterwards). And also I want invention skill sooner rather than later seeing as I've already stockpiled divine energy for fast xp.

How early they start developing an update does not, in any way, determine, contribute to, or otherwise affect its overall quality.

• Like 1

I really hope by the time Invention reaches us that silly concept art thing of lvl 90 2h weps made from assorted dw weps including lvl 90 ones is dead and buried.

In a game where dw > 2h the most downright stupid thing they could do is make 2h lvl 90s be made from dw lvl 90s with extras. Especially when we kinda need the 2h 90s to be a cheaper alternative for those of us not blessed with billions to drop on gear.

The reverse could've worked (2h in to dw) as you actually gain something there, but taking gear and making it into worse gear is just pointless.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I really hope by the time Invention reaches us that silly concept art thing of lvl 90 2h weps made from assorted dw weps including lvl 90 ones is dead and buried.

In a game where dw > 2h the most downright stupid thing they could do is make 2h lvl 90s be made from dw lvl 90s with extras. Especially when we kinda need the 2h 90s to be a cheaper alternative for those of us not blessed with billions to drop on gear.

The reverse could've worked (2h in to dw) as you actually gain something there, but taking gear and making it into worse gear is just pointless.

I believe the image only used one of the Drygores so I think it could make sense. It was horrifically ugly. but I think it could work.

It would mean the 2h option would be more than one of the drygore main-hand items (assuming it is the main-hand which is needed) but not be more than both of the main-hand and off-hand together.

90.png

max.png

I swear we've gone over this like 15 times

I want to see how they do it, and I'm not excited by quests after close to two years of (mostly) disappointing-at-best releases. The training methods have promise, but once again, more information would be ideal.

Just based on those clips, I find the idea of a new skill that gives Divination a reason to exist outside of training for the sake of it more appealing than a city we should have had five years ago. So sue me.

I believe the image only used one of the Drygores so I think it could make sense. It was horrifically ugly. but I think it could work.

It would mean the 2h option would be more than one of the drygore main-hand items (assuming it is the main-hand which is needed) but not be more than both of the main-hand and off-hand together.

No it could not work.

Issue 1 is the lvl 90 2h need to plug the gap between lvl 80 gear users and those with cash to get lvl 90 gear (especially for seismics and ascensions)

Issue 2 is no matter what way you spin it dual wield is better dps than 2h so it makes no sense to spend the money of a perfectly good dual wield item (even if you use it with a lesser oh for a time) only to make it into something worse.

Also the main image showing it is a staff with virtus and seismic wands stuck to the top (and a couple of others too)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

No it could not work.

Issue 1 is the lvl 90 2h need to plug the gap between lvl 80 gear users and those with cash to get lvl 90 gear (especially for seismics and ascensions)

Issue 2 is no matter what way you spin it dual wield is better dps than 2h so it makes no sense to spend the money of a perfectly good dual wield item (even if you use it with a lesser oh for a time) only to make it into something worse.

Also the main image showing it is a staff with virtus and seismic wands stuck to the top (and a couple of others too)

Yes the Magic one with the Staff and 3 wands, that was excessive. but the one for melee I don't think was too bad.

If I buy one Drygore main hand, lets say 100Mil and then a few other pieces, IDK lets say 5m. That is 105mil for a 2h level 90 weapon.

as opposed to if I purchased the Main-hand and Off-hand for around 170Mil. It is cheeper and the 2h is better than the single Main-Hand item.

Also if you can deconstruct the items back into their original items then we have a winner becuase someone could buy a Mainhand Drygore and get a 2h Drygore until they can afford the Offhand Drygore at which time they can disassemble the 2h back into the mainhand and sell off the other pieces. Now I don't know if you can decontruct like this, but if you can then I don't see much of an issue with it.

90.png

max.png

Elf City will get my vote, if they do it right I think it will be an amazing update.

Anyone who doesn't vote for the elf city and quest is bad, and should feel bad. And quit the game because they're bad.

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I imagine that a giant chinchompa is causing earthquakes and the chef needs to make something to bait it. (Not positive on the chef as I've not had many adventures with him.)

isiildur.png

>Customise and level your gear

Well, I'm sold.

Kinda like every other game out there I've heard of lel

for a runescape FAN website we have little to no faith in the developers.

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

They originally promised us both new skills by the end of 2013, then they pushed Invention back and promised a 2014 release at RuneFest instead.

Are you telling me they would go and push it back to 2015?

Because from what I've gathered, the winner would be released during Summer 2014 while the other one would have to wait until the next year.

I think that Invention should be the winner, because I think the game needs additional gear to fill the gaps between levels.

Having gear that level up with use would allow people to have higher level wands without having to spend hundreds or thousands of millions, for example.

• Like 2

While I agree that we need something to fill in the existing gaps of the broken combat system, I don't trust the new skill to do that at all. I would much rather push back invention and get Elf City out sooner. Honestly they promised more quests this year, that helps. Then that gives them an entire new area to give lore to and expand quest-wise so as an avid quester, I would LOVE to see that be opened up.

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

They originally promised us both new skills by the end of 2013, then they pushed Invention back and promised a 2014 release at RuneFest instead.

Are you telling me they would go and push it back to 2015?

Because from what I've gathered, the winner would be released during Summer 2014 while the other one would have to wait until the next year.

I think that Invention should be the winner, because I think the game needs additional gear to fill the gaps between levels.

Having gear that level up with use would allow people to have higher level wands without having to spend hundreds or thousands of millions, for example.

Except that, the gear the invention skill is going to release is worse than existing gear, costly to make, and they said the skill would be slow to train and 'friendly to billionaires'. I can't see any reason to get excited for that. If it never comes, I won't complain.

I will vote for Priffdinsnasansdasds, *if* we are getting a Lv. 90 (or at least 85) Slayer master from it.

• Like 1

Anyone who doesn't vote for the elf city and quest is bad, and should feel bad. And quit the game because they're bad.

Who says it comes with a quest?

We expect it to, but Jagex has been sneakily and adamantly always referred to the vote option as Elf City. No Mourning's End + Priffdinas finale, just explicitly Elf City.

And I have a sneaky suspicion we will get just the city.

Edit: Oh wait, BTS actually refers to a new quest, nevermind.

• Like 2

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Well there's an entry quest for the city which is nice. I wonder if they'll think of a way to say "Oh no one ever go in because such and such."

To players who've looked at the world map and seen a giant fenced in like, green blur on the map they'll know there was once something there for like (what was it, 10 years someone said?)

To new players who see it, they'll be like wow this is so cool. Jagex is so great there's nothing left to want for a [email protected]@

max.png 50.png

Well there's an entry quest for the city which is nice. I wonder if they'll think of a way to say "Oh no one ever go in because such and such."

To players who've looked at the world map and seen a giant fenced in like, green blur on the map they'll know there was once something there for like (what was it, 10 years someone said?)

To new players who see it, they'll be like wow this is so cool. Jagex is so great there's nothing left to want for a [email protected]@

Yes, 10 years of it!

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I would be interested to know what their plan for Seren is should the Elf City fail to win in the poll given that they say she is heavily tied to Prifddinas. They also proposed at RuneFest that her heart may well be in the centre of the city so I'd have thought we'd need the city before her world event happens?

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I would be interested to know what their plan for Seren is should the Elf City fail to win in the poll given that they say she is heavily tied to Prifddinas. They also proposed at RuneFest that her heart may well be in the centre of the city so I'd have thought we'd need the city before her world event happens?

Well they did say they had enough 6th age content to last for a decade, so we might see her again in 2020 or something lol
  • Like 3

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

enough content for a decade?

Now imagine they could produce more of it more frequently lol

max.png 50.png

A new skill, which will probably suck at first but has a chance to be improved later:

-Will satisfy my autistic grinding needs for at least a few weeks

-Will never be dead content

-Even if it sucks, it should make divination at least a little less useless

OR

A new mid-to-high level city and a quest that are far overdue:

-Most of the budget will be spent on pretty graphics, actual content will be more than likely heavily neglected

-Likely created by untalented and/or unexperienced people who don't know the game at all resulting in underwhelming rewards and below average exp rates

-Will be dead content within a week

-If it sucks, it will probably be treated like POP was. 

-At least we get two spins for finishing the quest

The choise should be obvious.

• Like 2