Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I don't like the idea of conservation. It seems like a sub par way to solve the problem.

I'd rather have a somewhat ok solution than no solution at all. Jagex doesn't seem intent on solving the underlying problem.

If they release this as a solution, you know there won't be a better one for a long time.

I never really put much thought into it, but I think making momentum build adrenaline at about half the speed of using basics and then not have it be cancelled by thresholds and ultimates would be a better solution. That way you could still get decent dps with momentum if you use thresholds, or you could get bad dps by not using any abilities, or you could get really good dps by using basics instead of momentum to build adrenaline. I don't think that's the best solution, but I think it's better than what they're considering.

Removing basic abilities and making basic attacks give 8% adrenaline instead? Basics can still give 0% adrenaline I suppose, no problems there.

3. Adrenaline. Adrenaline should be replaced with energy. Energy starts at 100% and goes down to 0%. Each ability you use reduces your energy. If your energy is too low, you can’t use some abilities. The following things restore energy:

• The base restore rate is 1% per 4 ticks (25% per minute).
  • Constitution increases this base rate by 1% per level (up to 50% per minute).
  • Out of combat, the base rate doubles (up to 100% per minute).
  • Basic (auto)attacks (see 4. Combat) restore energy at a rate of .5% per tick. That means dual-wielding restores 1.5% per attack, one-handers 2% per attack and two-handers 2.5% per attack. The fastest restore rate is then up to 100% per minute.
  • Certain prayers, potions, familiars or foods could restore energy.
The function of energy is similar to the function of special attack: it allows for a limited number of extra powerful attacks, defences and status effects. The goal of these changes is to make combat more tactical by giving the player more time to think, switch equipment and move. Since energy is gained from autoattacks, accumulating energy does not require effort, unlike the basic abilities of the current system. This frees up ‘effort’ that can be used to move, for example.

With the term ‘energy’ already taken, fatigue is used for what is now run energy, as reference to RSC. Fatigue starts at 0% and goes up to 100%. You gain fatigue through combat, manoeuvres, agility shortcuts, many skilling actions and running. While energy drains and restores quickly, fatigue accumulates and restores slowly. It is much more affected by comfort scores than energy (see 6. Combat).

Both energy and fatigue restore (to 100% and 0% respectively) when logged out, at the same rate as they would have if you were logged in.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1364ur0y9FBkzGCMt1146Xhe8wNWnL3zEgN6I3YD6aZE/edit?usp=sharing
  • Like 5

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I really like your overall idea with making adrenaline into energy. That just.. makes a lot more sense than what EOC is now... That overall is a pretty huge change to the system though.

Also combining this new idea  into momentum makes a bit more sense..

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

If the leviathan ring is supposed to be a tank ring I wonder if the reefwalker capes are tank capes? If that's the case then I wonder if we could use a set of reefwalker capes on our completionist cape to get an option to toggle between tank and attacker stats? Or maybe we will get both at once.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Or they go like 'completionist cape isn't supposed to be the best item ingame', like they initially did when they released the kiln cape.

Go-go ninja team!

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

so, basically this is the old system, except that people wanted to expand the focus on special attacks (which were at the time ruining the point of combat when they were tied to expensive weapons), and couldn't even imagine the eoc system, but now that they're not tied to the weapons, it's okay now?

(except that expensive weapons are still kind of ruining the point of combat)

plus the fatigue system from the previous version of the game, except applied to combat

i guess i'm okay with that since everybody wants all their old stuff back anyway and why should i care anymore, it's not like we're actually going to solve any issues

8f14270694.jpg

so, basically this is the old system, except that people wanted to expand the focus on special attacks (which were at the time ruining the point of combat when they were tied to expensive weapons), and couldn't even imagine the eoc system, but now that they're not tied to the weapons, it's okay now?

(except that expensive weapons are still kind of ruining the point of combat)

plus the fatigue system from the previous version of the game, except applied to combat

i guess i'm okay with that since everybody wants all their old stuff back anyway and why should i care anymore, it's not like we're actually going to solve any issues

There's a huge difference: special attacks are now no longer tied to weapons, and weapons are balanced with abilities in mind (so you're not dragon clawing with drygore rapiers or anything). In addition, there's a good bit more of them than in RS2, as in an ability every ten seconds or something.

The fatigue system isn't just for combat (neither is energy, you can use energy to move extra quickly, like Surge but better, see my Agility suggestion), and not quite the same as RSC fatigue. I think it would be a bit harsh to make you sleep/log off when fatigue maxes, but it's a way to limit long stretches of continuous activity. The idea is that if you want staying power, you'll have to wear comfortable (low-weight, basically, with lower defence stats) armour. Currently, with yaks and Penance and bonecruncher + demon horn and blood barrage, you can last for ages at some spots. Fatigue is meant to be the mechanic that limits that, partially replacing the supply issue that was a big deal back in early/mid RS2 (having only 27 lobsters per inventory, o dear).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Having watched the latest bts I have to say dang Elf City has a massive edge in my book.

Invention a new skill!

Elf City - an actual new massive city with new training areas and methods for skillers and killers, new quest(s), new sub-skill or sorts (crystal singing) AND further polls throughout dev to help shape it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

vote will be about as one sided as this war though :P

But everyone's gonna be on the wrong side :(

If Elf City wins, Invention will be delayed a bit..

If Invention wins, Elf City will be relegated back into it's special level of development hell never to return.

• Like 5

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

>Customise and level your gear

Well, I'm sold.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

We have lost another soul =(

Elf City needs to be chosen. 

Fail pic but still:

rwlPNsV.jpg

• Like 3

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

elf city because it guarantees a quest

that and i get to keep my max cps for a bit longer

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

I don't trust anything Mod Mark says, but then again the elf city will only be semi-useful given Jagex balancing.

• Like 4

I'm really torn on this one. Probably will side with the Inventor skill, since Divination seems so pointless without a partner skill to actually make it worthwhile.

• Like 1

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Sooo, I can imagine mobs in Cambridge if Elf City doesn't win?

I'll make sure of that!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.