Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I wish they would poll the God Death in World Event 2. It seems like a bad plan to me to kill off major characters in content that no future player could ever play in the future. Not to mention that with so many players every individual is useless so its not really a player decided content anyway. Would be nice to cancel any God dying in World Events and have them over territory. When they announced World Events I was hoping they'd actually effect the game world. White Knight versus Black Knights and winner takes Falador with maybe the Godless thrown in as a Faction that wants them both out an to set up a non-theocracy. Instead we've got them killing off major content which majorly affects the lore while leaving the game essentially the same, being both too major a change and no change at all at the same time.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I actually love that Jagex are doing this. What better way to give power to the players than to poll and ask for their opinion? I can't come up with one.

However, I am worried about some of the announced questions that will be asked. Mainly lore-wise about the first big poll. Also; If the elf city wins this poll, will Prifddinas be accessible to high-level players, even those who haven't done all the quests in the elf series before? And will the city be released with the finale of the quest series coming out? Because as Sy has mentioned above the quest is not mentioned at all in the poll. And I do think we all wish for the finale of the elf series quest.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

id rather have the finale quest than the city itself if they are mutually exclusive. how if it is between having a new city i won't explore and a new skill that will be expensive for a long time, i would pick neither as i would rather have good content that isn't rushed because the deadline is near and they have to pump something out.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Presumably if the city takes as long to develop as the whole Inventor skill, we might expect there to at least be a task set or the quest attached to it...

Of course, I wouldn't be too optimistic with Jagex's wording :P

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

the task set would be acceptable in my mind, but it is sadly wishful thinking. they would not release a task set and a skill so close together

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Tbf around 2012 they did say they'd release elf task set with the city, so its not beyond possible.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

mmmm, if that is the case then i would be ecstatic, however i am not going to hold my breath.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thieving guide[WIP]

~~~legoman187~~~

It would be amazing to have the elf task set with the city. Especially because they could develop all new content on the task set, so it would really feel like exploring.

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I agree, there is too many things unfinished that needs to be finished first before they tackle on new stuff.

Two of the most important things are: Elf City and Kudos Island!

• Like 2

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Tbf they do have a solid plan for Kudos Isle and it is likely to come up soon, they mentioned there is probably a dragonkin there and with the kin being one of the three big sixth age quest strands it seems like it should draw that in to dev fairly soon.

I never really worry too much on Kudos Isle, the fact it does not exist at all makes it easy to ignore where as Menaphos, Priffindas and Arposanda are all partially there toying with us.

Task set with elf city (and with any new city really) would be amazing because the point of a task set is to make you explore and find new things - great for noobs hitting the game after the tasks exist but for most of us task sets are less about exploring and more about arbitrarily doing random stuff in places we know well. It'd be nice to kind of have the proper experience of using it as a tool to explore and learn about an area you don't know for once.

I have to say these past few years Jagex has done a pretty good job at finally rounding off many things and the trend seems to be continuing, which is nice.

We have a loose deadline for the elf finale in quest 200.

We know the next parts (possible finales?) for gnomes and pirates at least have concepts floating around.

The elemental workshop guy has made reference to plans for the final parts of that series

Mod Ana has alluded to concepts for the myreque continuation/finale.

Death of Chivalry/Sixth age/maybe world event 2 all set up a good foundation for teasing out the end of the Temple knights arc (and maybe king vallance finally!)

Desert they have been talking a lot about trying to finish up, the Ozan remakes did a lot to join things together and make a more coherent plot and we know now they want to do a Het quest and a Crondis quest before it ends so it is getting there and sixth age seems to make its finale more likely - Afterall Mod Osbourne has alluded to the fact that Tumeken's dream came about from him going to sleep to avoid the edicts and that the four facets he created (Het, Crondis, Scarabas and Ampken) are literal fragments of him that have to be reunited for him to come back.

About the only major series strands I can't think of being alluded to in anyway at all recently (of those that are unfinished) is the monkeys and the penguins.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I haven't seen this mentioned, but wasn't the elf city described as being designed as a hub for high level players? I believe it was likened to the Grand Exchange, even.

Wouldn't this imply that they won't just bastardize the entire quest line to make it more accessible?

2dgucz6.png

I haven't seen this mentioned, but wasn't the elf city described as being designed as a hub for high level players? I believe it was likened to the Grand Exchange, even.

Wouldn't this imply that they won't just bastardize the entire quest line to make it more accessible?

Depends on if they change their stance on accessibility - if they allocate such a huge budget to this project, they might be tempted to make it as accessible as possible. Hopefully not of course, which would be a great reward to everyone who's waited for years now for the city in its entirety.
  • Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

No because high level =/= quester.

Equally completing the elf series thus far does not require you to be high leveled.

I think a hub is more to do with what is in the area than the city itself persay - I mean sure furnace, bank, spinning wheel, pottery oven etc. are the basics but its more than that. Low level hubs have like iron and tin and copper and willows etc. A high level hub would need magics and elder and crystal and rune and addy and coal and concentrated ores etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

No because high level =/= quester.

Equally completing the elf series thus far does not require you to be high leveled.

I think a hub is more to do with what is in the area than the city itself persay - I mean sure furnace, bank, spinning wheel, pottery oven etc. are the basics but its more than that. Low level hubs have like iron and tin and copper and willows etc. A high level hub would need magics and elder and crystal and rune and addy and coal and concentrated ores etc.

In a post from sometime in 2012(?) Mod Chris L mentioned wanting to make Priffdinas a "high-levelled hub", with unique skill training options that included using crystals/chanting. Of course, it'd be nice if there were skill training plots for everyone who could access the city, hopefully ranging from mid-level to high-level choices. The area allocated to Priffdinas is so big that they could probably squeeze in everything if they wanted, but in the end it depends on where they want to take Priffdinas.

6Ij0n.jpg

^ Of course my point was mainly that requirements don't make a hub high-level, the content there does. And equally the quest series won't make it high level either (if needed) because to be high level does not mean you are a quester and, in equal measure, the elf series does not require high levels to complete.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

^ Of course my point was mainly that requirements don't make a hub high-level, the content there does. And equally the quest series won't make it high level either (if needed) because to be high level does not mean you are a quester and, in equal measure, the elf series does not require high levels to complete.

Bear in mind that a lot of their recent updates have also had either arbitrary (What skills did you really use for the dwarf finale?) or inflated (Why the hell do you need 80 farming for a second you only use in the low 30s?) requirements. "High-level" doesn't mean high quality.

I have to agree with ALG and it is basically the reason why I was thinking of making a dedicated thread for Elf City for implementations on what should be in the city and what things are needed so the City is lively.

EDIT: Going to put up a thread in the Poll subforum on RSOF.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

In other news, Elemental Workshop will probably never be finished due to Mod Dylan leaving (along with Chrisso and Edam).

It can be finished, yes, but it just won't be as annoying with the puzzles.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Last time Dylan left the company, there were no Elemental quests for about 5 years. :s And at the rate we are getting quests these days (I know they say they are going to up it, but we know how they can't hold their promises), I don't expect an Elemental quest before 2016...

It was only a couple of months ago Osbourne mentioned reading mod dylan's notes on the rest of EW and that it was really fleshed out - seems like a project that can quite easily be handed off to another jmod with little to no detriment or lost direction to the series.

Plv6Dz6.jpg