Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Plus it's not like they can easily turn concept art into game objects. How often is the concept just not really feasible given their limitations.

"What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient... highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate. An idea that is fully formed - fully understood - that sticks; right in there somewhere." - Cobb (Inception)

It is all about that!!!!

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

They probably have some kind of polygon limit on their models that would make those super cool capes into blobby/underdrawn messes as usual :(

How did that skillcape thing get into the update teasers thread anyway?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

They probably have some kind of polygon limit on their models that would make those super cool capes into blobby/underdrawn messes as usual :(

Because the guy thought it would be a cool update and thought this was the place to put it.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Because the guy thought it would be a cool update and thought this was the place to put it.

First of all: I'm not a guy ;)

Second of all: I put this actually here because of multiple reasons: One) I wanted a discussion about these capes Two) I didn't know where else to put Three) A new thread for this seemed a bit over the top!

Also I knew it wasn't an upcoming update tho...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

Second of all: I put this actually here because of multiple reasons: One) I wanted a discussion about these capes Two) I didn't know where else to put Three) A new thread for this seemed a bit over the top!

http://forum.tip.it/topic/163183-post-all-rs-screenshots-videos-and-sounds-here/

6Ij0n.jpg

http://forum.tip.it/topic/163183-post-all-rs-screenshots-videos-and-sounds-here/

Can't really have a discussion there...

Account Help

TBH when I saw it posted on Reddit given how they worded the title I thought they were showcasing an upcoming update. I figured you had made the same mistake initially given your edit, which is why I didn't bother splitting anything off into its own topic. If you want me to though just PM me. Don't worry about it being a short topic, that's not really a problem so long as it's relevant to RS and isn't just a link with no text to the artist's deviantart :P

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

TBH when I saw it posted on Reddit given how they worded the title I thought they were showcasing an upcoming update. I figured you had made the same mistake initially given your edit, which is why I didn't bother splitting anything off into its own topic. If you want me to though just PM me. Don't worry about it being a short topic, that's not really a problem so long as it's relevant to RS and isn't just a link with no text to the artist's deviantart :P

I only edited my post to include what I thought each cape represented, because for some capes it wasn't all that clear to see =3!

Account Help

^Really they all seem pretty clear to me since they all have quite clear icons and use the exact existing colour schemes, with the exception of dg and div which are inverted.

Blue cape, white trim with a shield.

75px-Defence_cape_%28t%29_equipped.png

Greyish brown with a golden trim and an anvil.

75px-Smithing_cape_%28t%29_equipped.png

Orange and black with a seeker-style eye and a primal helm on shoulder.

75px-Dungeoneering_cape_equipped.png

Teal with purpley trim and glowing orbs on shoulder.

75px-Divination_cape_%28t%29_equipped.pn

Brown with green trim and trees sprouting from shoulder.

75px-Woodcutting_cape_%28t%29_equipped.p

White with pale blue and a quest icon mid back.

75px-Quest_point_cape_equipped.png

Green and red with large metal fists.

75px-Strength_cape_%28t%29_equipped.png

White and brownish gold with buildings.

75px-Construct._cape_%28t%29_equipped.pn

Black and red with a skull icon and dragon-ish skulls on shoulders.

75px-Slayer_cape_%28t%29_equipped.png

Orange and yellow with flames.

75px-Firemaking_cape_%28t%29_equipped.pn

Red and yellow with swords.

75px-Attack_cape_%28t%29_equipped.png

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

We've discussed other such things in this thread before.

Does it really matter if we go slightly off topic in a period when we have no actual teasers from Jagex to discuss?

At least it's still runescape related and whilst not strictly an update teaser it is a teaser of sorts as it is something we would very much like.

Plus rather than derailing the thread with debate of whether or not it should be here we can simply move on and let it naturally fade into the abyss of this thread as friday brings us as new video to salivate over.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I can't help but feel mildly disappointed by this BTS, did they not have a whole spiel about overhauling it to be more in-depth and more informative than before the other week?

I mean sure we saw a couple of bits of nice eye candy and a couple of words on rewards, but the rest is all kinda meh knew it already and in more detail really from other sources.

On the positive side Barrows Brothers skip tokens sound intriguing as a high lvl reward thought I really wonder of the necessity of them, surely they'd be of more use for lower levels to make the content a bit more accessible if perhaps your gear is not ideal. Unless of course part of the 'big twist' is that deluxe barrows is coming in the rewards (which is plausible if barrows is involved anyway and Sliske is in the quest) and the tokens will allow us to skip a brother there as well.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I doubt that will be the lore twist, but that would be neat. (deluxe barrows brothers)

It does seem quite interesting, though the BTS videos often can be pretty bland.

I am interested in hearing the voices.. too bad they don't usually go back and voice old dialog also.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

BTS videos and Podcasts are always like that. We'd love to tell you stuff, but we can't, so, uh... we will talk about other stuff or stuff that we already told you about.

I don't understand why in some BTS's for this they mention Sliske, and in others not even a word? Are they still debating whether to include him or not?

BTS videos and Podcasts are always like that. We'd love to tell you stuff, but we can't, so, uh... we will talk about other stuff or stuff that we already told you about.

I don't understand why in some BTS's for this they mention Sliske, and in others not even a word? Are they still debating whether to include him or not?

I think it's the 'we have only told you about the first 3rd' thing they keep harking on about.

In these 'more in-depth' aka look we showed you some random shiny images they can't show anything at all from the later 2/3 without spoilering where as in podcasts they can just say he features without spoilering. So it's pretty much a case of Sliske is in the later parts of the quest and therefore can't be visually shown in these things.

Bit ridiculous really since they already told us he's in it, but oh well thats jagex.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I thought only the monthly BTS was supposed to be more in-depth and the weekly ones would run as per normal.

Looking forward to this, the fact that they hardly revealed anything important to the quest makes it way more interesting.

6Ij0n.jpg

I thought only the monthly BTS was supposed to be more in-depth and the weekly ones would run as per normal.

Looking forward to this, the fact that they hardly revealed anything important to the quest makes it way more interesting.

I spose they culda meant that afterall Mod Marks bts video that had less details than the bts article itself was very insightful.

Right on target really for Jagex's idea of being more in-depth.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Yeah, I like we know next to nothin concrete about this quest. When Olly started on the quest, we heard an Elf would be part of it, Slikse would be part of it, Death would be there. Later on, we only learn about more characters that will make an appearance, but lore-wise we know next to nothing. I like to be surprised. :D