Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

TBH, it is impossible to balance vorago, kk, and ascensions difficulty, and drop rarity,  in order to make all the t90 weapons equal.

Melee should NOT be the cheapest T90 weaponery. Unless, melee is designed to the the weakest style of the three.. which was kind of what EOC was pushing for it to not be.

There should be a way to get t90 1h and oh weapons from the same thing, with equal drop rates.

Well, magic is definitely the most powerful combat style, especially since the changes to the TWW special. Magic is the most powerful style, therefore magic weaponry is the most expensive. The t80 wand + book costs roughly DOUBLE what a t90 drygore set costs. The t90 wand costs more than some party hats. And the reason the t80 wand is so expensive is because for the vast majority of players, it is the best wand they can ever hope to achieve. I know quite a few players who CAN afford a Seismic Wand but are afraid to commit because something at 2.6B logically only has one direction to go-- DOWN. But, because Jagex is TEH STOOPIDZ the price actually seems to be still rising.

Vorago definitely needs to be rebalanced. Give him a 1/20 drop rate and manually adjust the GE price to be max cash. BAM! Problem solved. T90 mage becomes significantly more accessible AND it would give all the people who can slay Nex in their sleep the incentive they need to actually run Vorago. Right now, Vorago is so unbalanced between the stagnant GE price and the fact that you can generally never trust anybody in this game with any sizable amount of wealth that it's simply not worth the time investment. From what people have told me, Vorago kills take on average about 2-3 times as long as Nex kills (around 15 minutes per kill?) and the chances of someone [bleep]ing you over are extremely high. People who you could ordinarily trust suddenly turn on you when presented with the fact that "OMFG I JUST GOT 2.6B" Thus, the only people who normally DO Vorago are the ones who already have billions because to them, that amount of money isn't so outrageous that they would sell their reputations.

4NIrZ.png

After looking at the new armour the brothers are wearing, did anyone else feel like they just went with "more spikes = more power"?

This has been Jagex's philosophy for years now ^^ Based on this I forsee Zaros' true form being an hedgehog or porcupine type creature 

Meredith/Hedgehog is Zaros. You saw it here first.

• Like 5

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

TBH, it is impossible to balance vorago, kk, and ascensions difficulty, and drop rarity,  in order to make all the t90 weapons equal.

Melee should NOT be the cheapest T90 weaponery. Unless, melee is designed to the the weakest style of the three.. which was kind of what EOC was pushing for it to not be.

There should be a way to get t90 1h and oh weapons from the same thing, with equal drop rates.

Well, magic is definitely the most powerful combat style, especially since the changes to the TWW special. Magic is the most powerful style, therefore magic weaponry is the most expensive. The t80 wand + book costs roughly DOUBLE what a t90 drygore set costs. The t90 wand costs more than some party hats. And the reason the t80 wand is so expensive is because for the vast majority of players, it is the best wand they can ever hope to achieve. I know quite a few players who CAN afford a Seismic Wand but are afraid to commit because something at 2.6B logically only has one direction to go-- DOWN. But, because Jagex is TEH STOOPIDZ the price actually seems to be still rising.

Vorago definitely needs to be rebalanced. Give him a 1/20 drop rate and manually adjust the GE price to be max cash. BAM! Problem solved. T90 mage becomes significantly more accessible AND it would give all the people who can slay Nex in their sleep the incentive they need to actually run Vorago. Right now, Vorago is so unbalanced between the stagnant GE price and the fact that you can generally never trust anybody in this game with any sizable amount of wealth that it's simply not worth the time investment. From what people have told me, Vorago kills take on average about 2-3 times as long as Nex kills (around 15 minutes per kill?) and the chances of someone [bleep]ing you over are extremely high. People who you could ordinarily trust suddenly turn on you when presented with the fact that "OMFG I JUST GOT 2.6B" Thus, the only people who normally DO Vorago are the ones who already have billions because to them, that amount of money isn't so outrageous that they would sell their reputations.

All true, however one combat style should NEVER be superior to the others.

Before EOC, melee reigned supreme. One style should never be better than the others. Maybe before the metagame, but the metagame shouldn't be unbalanced like that.

For example..

T80 and 90 range and melee, 1h and 2h degrade

T80 and 90 mage do NOT degrade..

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

All true, however one combat style should NEVER be superior to the others.

Before EOC, melee reigned supreme. One style should never be better than the others. Maybe before the metagame, but the metagame shouldn't be unbalanced like that.

For example..

T80 and 90 range and melee, 1h and 2h degrade

T80 and 90 mage do NOT degrade..

That is another problem entirely. The Vwand shot up even higher when they released the asinine "your crap degrades when you die" update. They need to make wands and books degrade like weapons, with each spell you autocast. My Cstaff degrades, so should your wands/books/sigularities.

4NIrZ.png

That is right.

However I kind of think that it is a bit unfair in how the T80 weapons are available.

Example:

T80 dual wield BOLT type from dungeons, degrade

T80 dual wield melee of all styles from dungeons, degrade

T80 2h crush from dungeons, degrade

T80 2h magic from dungeons, degrade

T80 2h BOLT type from qbd, degrade

T80 dual wield from nex, doesn't degrade

T80 shield bow from nex, degrades

There is no T80 2h slash or stab weapon

Zaryte isn't a shieldbow, but otherwise you're correct. It's a little weird that Virtus wand doesn't degrade, but that's a relatively minor issue. Still, it shows that Jagex isn't very organized.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I don't understand why they refuse to just make a chaotic wand and book/orb available.

That way, they could just leave Virtus wand and book as weapons that don't degrade whilst also providing an alternative to people who don't want to/can't shell out 100m+ for a wand alone.

If it drives the price down in the process, that can only be a good thing as they're artificially overpriced anyway.

• Like 3
Sylpheed.png

I'd agree with you for all minus the point that vwand is "artificially" overpriced, considering it has a rarer droprate than other virtus gear and is the only wand even moderately obtainable for the average person. It's overpriced for what it should be, yes, but that price point is by no means artificial.

hzvjpwS.gif

All Nex items are the same droprate, it's just Virtus wand/book is stupidly overpowered currently, so it has a reason to be that high of a price.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

wands are still better then staves though.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

t90 mage weapons don't turn to dust, they just degrade like any other t90 wep

it's the Tectonic armour that turns to dust. :P

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I'd agree with you for all minus the point that vwand is "artificially" overpriced, considering it has a rarer droprate than other virtus gear and is the only wand even moderately obtainable for the average person. It's overpriced for what it should be, yes, but that price point is by no means artificial.

The only wand moderately obtainable if you ignore the fact wand of treachery is under 1m, ahrims wand is only 4m, master wand has settled at like 500k and grifolic at like 30k. So of course these wands are far far harder to get than 163m wand. Certainly these are lower level wands than 80, but for an average person they are certainly obtainable as is the option of the essentially free chaotic staff

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I don't understand why they refuse to just make a chaotic wand and book/orb available.

That way, they could just leave Virtus wand and book as weapons that don't degrade whilst also providing an alternative to people who don't want to/can't shell out 100m+ for a wand alone.

If it drives the price down in the process, that can only be a good thing as they're artificially overpriced anyway.

I have suggested that for a long time, as well as the discrepency between weapons and availability, but it seems o fall on deaf ears. So much for EoC actually balancing the tiers: where some weapons/armours are obtainable, while the others are ridiculously overpriced. Especially when good armour/weapons are actually a necessity for most boss hunting moneymaking. 

Still Virtus isn't that bad, I have a full V set (armour + wand + book) for a long time. It goes up and down, it seems.

The only wand moderately obtainable if you ignore the fact wand of treachery is under 1m, ahrims wand is only 4m, master wand has settled at like 500k and grifolic at like 30k. So of course these wands are far far harder to get than 163m wand. Certainly these are lower level wands than 80, but for an average person they are certainly obtainable as is the option of the essentially free chaotic staff

I would've thought the fact that it's the only wand for the higher tiers that is moderately affordable, but damn if you didn't just prove me wrong.

There's a big difference in damage from t60 to t80 spells, that should go without saying.

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

I would've thought the fact that it's the only wand for the higher tiers that is moderately affordable, but damn if you didn't just prove me wrong.

There's a big difference in damage from t60 to t80 spells, that should go without saying.

Both Ahrim's and the Wand of Treachery are T70, but even they are much weaker than Virtus. I'm really hoping we get some T85 weapons with the PoP update but I don't see that happening.

Chances are, we'll just be getting a shield, buckler and book.

Sylpheed.png

Dungeon shields are T80, and T90 shields are coming out with barrows. I would imagine that T85 would prove moot if they were to come out

Dungeon shields are T80, and T90 shields are coming out with barrows. I would imagine that T85 would prove moot if they were to come out

... thus guaranteeing that they will be released through Ports.

T85 boots and gloves from Ports would be useless as well, so with shields and t90 tank confirmed from Barrows, what's left for Ports? T85 weapons of all kinds, t90 2h weapons (plus shieldbows) of all styles, t80-85-90 amulet/ring/cape, t80-85-90 hybrid armour and t80 thrown/shieldbow.

I think anything under t85 is unlikely to be released through Ports, but t85 hybrid is a good candidate, as it's armour, has no near competitors (war-priest being 10 levels lower) and it's not (very) useful.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Hybrid armour could potentially start to become useful at Lv. 85, considering it'd have the same armour and LP values at barrows, but for all three classes at once.

So it could be decent for slayer and stuff when you don't want to drop money on GWD sets.

Hybrid armour could potentially start to become useful at Lv. 85, considering it'd have the same armour and LP values at barrows, but for all three classes at once.

So it could be decent for slayer and stuff when you don't want to drop money on GWD sets.

no it wouldn't. Rockshell etc would still be better for slayer, and there's nowhere that requires strong defense against all three styles.

DM0Yq2c.png

no it wouldn't. Rockshell etc would still be better for slayer, and there's nowhere that requires strong defense against all three styles.
DK's beg to differ.

Also, if Jagex had any sense (they don't) they would release at least one style of 2H T85 weapon for ports.

The weapons wouldn't damage the prices of the T90 weapons because they're dual wield and they'd still be five levels below them which negates the extra power that 2H generally has over dual wield.

But, it's going to go one of two ways. Either Jagex will release weapons through ports but make them suck ass through Jagex magic or they'll release utterly redundant equipment i.e. shields that serve little to no purpose at all.

Sylpheed.png

DK's beg to differ.

Also, if Jagex had any sense (they don't) they would release at least one style of 2H T85 weapon for ports.

The weapons wouldn't damage the prices of the T90 weapons because they're dual wield and they'd still be five levels below them which negates the extra power that 2H generally has over dual wield.

But, it's going to go one of two ways. Either Jagex will release weapons through ports but make them suck ass through Jagex magic or they'll release utterly redundant equipment i.e. shields that serve little to no purpose at all.

If you're getting hit with melee at DKs, you're doing it wrong. Assuming that the new ports armor requires the same amount of effort to get as the current armor, DL would be better to use at DKs then T85 hybrid, and pernix would be just worse defensively (and better then either overall).

Also DW is better then 2H. 

DM0Yq2c.png

I wonder how we are going to fair in terms of update delays this week for the rebuildathon.

With the storm hitting southwest to east UK keeping people from getting to work and causing mass power outages we could end up seeing delays due to employee shortages and/or power outages. 

UK based game servers could also run the risk of sudden cut outs in this weather.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I wonder how we are going to fair in terms of update delays this week for the rebuildathon.

With the storm hitting southwest to east UK keeping people from getting to work and causing mass power outages we could end up seeing delays due to employee shortages and/or power outages. 

UK based game servers could also run the risk of sudden cut outs in this weather.

I don't know. So far a few J mods seem to be reporting in on twitter this morning, so perhaps not affecting them too much.

• Like 1

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19