Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I suspect that map glitch (and the black hole in place of bol crater) probably has something to do with a last minute patch in of a small map fragment to cover up a further ahead than the live game is world map of post-rebuildathon area with the camps largely removed

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yea, thats the original concept art. They scrapped it because he looked too dominant, knightly and Saradominist. I really don't think that look fits a god of justice too well anyway, it looks like he wants to lord over you, could see someone in that armour having more of Zilyana's personality than Armadyl's.

• Like 1

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

How come this isn't posted yet?

55tU5.jpg

Where do you all find these pictures?

The Empty Lord has blessed me with some of his spying abilities.

A.K.A. Chris L tweeted it.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Yea, thats the original concept art. They scrapped it because he looked too dominant, knightly and Saradominist. I really don't think that look fits a god of justice too well anyway, it looks like he wants to lord over you, could see someone in that armour having more of Zilyana's personality than Armadyl's.

I was thinking this what with it being dated 2nd May 2013 and rev 5 it is clearly somewhere in the middle of development in terms of planning the gods and gods being actualised for MPD.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Anyone else notice this? I dunno if it's Runefest related as a placeholder but...yeah.

2zfizpt.png

examines are both "placeholderGFX_inventory_sword"

Its probably like the truffle item that was on the GE when it came out, a test entry that just wasn't removed.

howlin1eeveesig.png

Darkscape looking like a survival game where everything is hostile and wants to eat your face

Newscape seeming like a "blank slate" of a game which is primarily community driven to building everything

EDIT: Darkscape will be a permadeath type of game. Oh god.

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

I was thinking this what with it being dated 2nd May 2013 and rev 5 it is clearly somewhere in the middle of development in terms of planning the gods and gods being actualised for MPD.

Ok, have a go with this then. :p Also have pictures of Bandos, Seren, Zaros, Marimbo, Priffdinas and an Elder God somewhere. :p

JvXpmEi.png

Those reworks sounded like some cool ideas. Agility rework idea needs a bit more but the really hoping the other 3 make it into the game.

Note: There was a massive warning that these are liable to change, and are really only their ideas at the moment with what they want to do or are considering.

Summary:

Construction: about 20 plots in the real world, you can own 5 or 6. When you walk past your plots you would see your houses, when you walk past ones you don't own you would see your friends plot or if none own that spot then random players. You could buy a plot and then a character could actually request a house designed with certain features then you could sell them the plot afterwards so the skill becomes an actual house-making skill instead of the current furniture making "build bench, rip out bench, build bench, etc"

Summoning: gain summon exp while working with your summoning creatures so it isn't as focused on the pouch-making aspect. Level up your summons as you use them. More diverse abilities so you have a reason to use them all, so you don't level out of using a familiar.

Mining and Smithing rework: First squash rune and such down to the appropriate levels so rune would be 50's. Dragon-like armour would be 60's. It wouldn't be dragon because dragon was made ages ago but could work with the basic metals and raw materials. Similarly 70's would be barrows-like, with basically so many people dying during 3rd age and no one cleaning up the battlefields they were just kind of left and covered up over time. The metals have been infused over time and so you could use them to make barrows-like level 70 armour. When you create an item it would be basic. Combine 2 or several normal of the same item to boost its stats like a rune sword +1, 2 rune swords +1 to create a rune sword +2, 2 rune swords+2 for a +3 etc up until +5 which would be called a masterwork. With items like barrows they'd still want those drops to be useful so several masterworks could be combined with the barrows items to create even better items called Artifacts.

Agility: A bit less developed and thought about than the others. The idea is they don't like run energy because if you don't have it its annoying but if you do you don't really think about it. They looked at what run energy does overall and it generally used to speed up other activities. From this they thought maybe better travel and teleports, maybe some stuff you could do out in the world like seeing a gold bag in a tree to climb and grab it or at 99 climb on top the grand exchange to show off, or possibly to have agility speed up your skilling by doing multiple actions at once or just making actions quicker.

• Like 2

Darkscape looking like a survival game where everything is hostile and wants to eat your face

Newscape seeming like a "blank slate" of a game which is primarily community driven to building everything

EDIT: Darkscape will be a permadeath type of game. Oh god.

YESSSSSS D2: hardcore mode all over<3

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Skill 2 is the inventor skill. Taking current technology and wrapping it up with divine energy. Could be useful in fighting the gods.

56tAu.jpg

AnKFnsE.pngIZ21NPR.pnglvAJZDP.pngwHj2rz1.png

1zygaa0.pngN6gBLQy.pngV9S1J75.png

Dgw1qQL.png

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Lol at the inventor skill graphics, Dharok's axe + Drygore long + Dragon dagger for melee, and Staff of Armadyl + an array of wands for the magic one??? Ranged one looks like Magic Shieldbow + Zaryte + Royal Crossbow hahaha :D

Still wishing it was called the Artificing skill isntead :(

The graphics for Zaros are incredible, the hands that make his pauldrons as well as that staff. His collar mouth talks too when he speaks, instead of his actual head o_O Wow.

Does anyone have the concept art for Seren? Heard strange things about her from the RSOF.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

3 new adventurers the cook, the architect and the hunter sound interesting for sure.

Intrigued how 2 new trade goods will be divided up special voyage wise with the 3 new adventurers.

62 new voyages is nice, 21 of them will be story presumably (6*3 for each adv solo + 3 for a new trio story)

A further 18 could be story too if all 9 adventurers had new stories for the new regions.

They made a point about how Seren looks similar to something we've already seen, my only thought was Dramen but I feel like there is someone else rather obvious she looks like.

Plv6Dz6.jpg