Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Rampant speculation: That Elder God is the Frenskae Creator-God, and the reason why Zamorak has so many weird spiky appendages on his head in his ascended form is because the Mahajarrat innately see spikes/horns as godly because of what their creator-god looks like.

Also, that Prifddinas concept art has my heart thumping out of my chest. :D

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Brassica and Marimbo having fun

351by8n.png

Please dont be real please dont be real please dont be real please dont be real

ftfy

I wont let brassica prime become a thing

• Like 2

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

They said it'd probably end up something minigame-like, and they wouldn't be trying to kill each other, just partying.

Regardless,
BRASSICA PRIME SHOULDN'T BE A REAL THING.

• Like 1

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

At the RF there was a set of 4 computers that allowed players to try out the new Barrows Deluxe in beta, and I must say I have never seen anything more painful to watch

Basically the dungeon is in a hole south of the Burgh de Rott bank, enter the hole, and there is an arena at the end of tow narrow passage ways (I will say the purpose of these passages later), the team is made up of four people, two must take each passage, to reach the arena

The arena itself is split into two halves that are seperated from each other. When the players are already, they speak to the portal in the middle that split the arenas, and 3 of each brother will spawn in each half of the arena. The halves always spawn the same set of brothers. The sets are: Ahrim, Verac and Guthan /  Karil, Dharok and Torag

Each brother has 50k health, and the triangle is strongly enforced (to the point where Drygores were not even touching Ahrim).

Ahrim casts both Fire Surge and Bloodfire Barrage, while the other two melee's you.

But each brother has few special attacks, here are the ones I have seen:

Ahrim A: He will summon lightning that strikes the ground hitting and area of 5x5, and it will slowly move towards one of the players, striking I think 10 times. Each time you are hit it deals about 3k damage

Ahrim B: He will teleport into a random location in the room and fire two stream of fire that is 4 squares in length, and he will slowly spin around on the spot, haven't seen the damage it is capable of doing.

Guthan: he will randomly use the Runescape equivalent of diablo 3 whirlwind attack that deals damage every 2 ticks to anyone within its range. I think it does 3k damage per hit, and Guthan moves in your direction while whirlwinding.

Karil: he will turn into a ball of fire that will explode and deal damage to anyone within I think 5x5 radius with him at the centre. That explosion deals 6k+ (i have seen 6.7k). 

I believe one of the brothers (I think its Karil) will randomly drop a mine in the arena that will deal 6k to anyone that steps on it.

If one of the side wipes, the brothers remaining on the other side teleports to the other side. No idea if it will work vice versa.

In short, unless everyone I have seen playing the barrows beta were inexperienced pvm'ers, I have not seen anyone getting close to even killing 1 brother (best I have seen is 33% damage against 1 brother). This is with both BIS DPS gear and BIS Tank gear (with arcane shield).

One of the mods demonstrated the escape after you kill all brothers. You will have 30 seconds to escape the dungeon when all brothers are dead, and you will be blocked from teleporting. The long passage way doesn't give much leeway to the escape (which has, at most, seconds to spare). After that 30 seconds, it will start doing heavy damage to anyone inside, until they either escape or die.

I am sorry if I didn't give a very description, since I was mostly preoccupied watching people dying without as much as putting a scratch on any brother.

I have not seen Akrisae at all, not even when the Mod killed everything.

But in a Nutshell:

1. Correct T90 weapons will most likely be very important, with Seismics being exceptionally so.

2. They hurt, a lot.

3. If any single person dies, there is a high chance of a wipe.

4. The fight isn't over when everything is dead.

Edit: For the record, if anyone saw the Q&A live stream, I was the second last person to post a question (regarding Bosses dropping untradeable stuff that will specifically benefit only the boss hunter)

• Like 1

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

lets hope they take feedback from runefest and fix it

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Lv. 90 Staff sounds like it's going to be extremely costly, just like Seismics.

If I'm guessing right, we'll have to use the Inventing skill to merge a Virtus wand, a Grifolic wand, a Seismic wand, an Armadyl battlestaff and a Mystic orb together.

Still cheaper than Seismic wand + orb, but... Still over 2.3b

So far, it sounds like the Lv. 90 2h crossbow would be the cheapest to make. Zaryte bow, Royal crossbow, Magic shieldbow, Karil's crossbow, unless there's parts of the Assbows that I'm not seeing, but since both the staff and the 2h... axe... sword... thing seem to require the main hand version of their Lv. 90 dual wield weapons, it may be safe to assume it would require a main hand Ascension crossbow to make.

(Also, Lv. 90 2h should have been a bow IMO.)

[spoiler=The picture, if anyone is interested.]

Lvl_90_weapons_2_hand.png

I hope that those are just T90 variants, and that the other, normal 2h weapons come form somewhere else that doesn't require you to squish everything together

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Can we get a mod to carry over these pictures and discussion to the runefest topic please? I think it would be better to split the runefest discussion to a dedicated topic and leave this for the up and coming monthly updates.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Really disappointed at how completely inaccessable the barrows update will be for 99% of the player population. I really wanted it to have at least some sort of solo play option. But requiring multiple people and mega expensive gear gear kill means it will be useless for me at least.

They really need to stop obsessively trying to apease the likes of Dardan and Woox etc when they are just not representative of the average player. Qbd is still so heavily played as it was difficult but still so accessable. I thought they would have learned from that. This infuriates me even more as its basically the only updste were getting this month.

• Like 5

Really disappointed at how completely inaccessable the barrows update will be for 99% of the player population. I really wanted it to have at least some sort of solo play option. But requiring multiple people and mega expensive gear gear kill means it will be useless for me at least.

They really need to stop obsessively trying to apease the likes of Dardan and Woox etc when they are just not representative of the average player. Qbd is still so heavily played as it was difficult but still so accessable. I thought they would have learned from that. This infuriates me even more as its basically the only updste were getting this month.

This.

I heard earlier that nobody at RuneFest was able to actually beat it. I'm sure some of those people there weren't noobs. I think Chris L was quoted as saying that it is harder than Vorago because at Vorago you can have a few bad players and still win, but at Super Barrows every player has to be a great PVMer. A tad ridiculous.

Just further increases the divide between Haves and Have-Nots.

4NIrZ.png

Lv. 90 Staff sounds like it's going to be extremely costly, just like Seismics.

If I'm guessing right, we'll have to use the Inventing skill to merge a Virtus wand, a Grifolic wand, a Seismic wand, an Armadyl battlestaff and a Mystic orb together.

Still cheaper than Seismic wand + orb, but... Still over 2.3b

So far, it sounds like the Lv. 90 2h crossbow would be the cheapest to make. Zaryte bow, Royal crossbow, Magic shieldbow, Karil's crossbow, unless there's parts of the Assbows that I'm not seeing, but since both the staff and the 2h... axe... sword... thing seem to require the main hand version of their Lv. 90 dual wield weapons, it may be safe to assume it would require a main hand Ascension crossbow to make.

(Also, Lv. 90 2h should have been a bow IMO.)

[spoiler=The picture, if anyone is interested.]

Lvl_90_weapons_2_hand.png

because really why should anyone but the elite get t90 mage gear ever? (also using t90 DW to make t90 2h is a terrible idea in general)

Also, Ambler did you try Barrows deluxe at runefest?

DM0Yq2c.png

"At the RF there was a set of 4 computers that allowed players to try out the new Barrows Deluxe in beta, and I must say I have never seen anything more painful to watch

Basically the dungeon is in a hole south of the Burgh de Rott bank, enter the hole, and there is an arena at the end of tow narrow passage ways (I will say the purpose of these passages later), the team is made up of four people, two must take each passage, to reach the arena

The arena itself is split into two halves that are seperated from each other. When the players are already, they speak to the portal in the middle that split the arenas, and 3 of each brother will spawn in each half of the arena. The halves always spawn the same set of brothers. The sets are: Ahrim, Verac and Guthan /  Karil, Dharok and Torag

Each brother has 50k health, and the triangle is strongly enforced (to the point where Drygores were not even touching Ahrim).

Ahrim casts both Fire Surge and Bloodfire Barrage, while the other two melee's you.

But each brother has few special attacks, here are the ones I have seen:

Ahrim A: He will summon lightning that strikes the ground hitting and area of 5x5, and it will slowly move towards one of the players, striking I think 10 times. Each time you are hit it deals about 3k damage

Ahrim B: He will teleport into a random location in the room and fire two stream of fire that is 4 squares in length, and he will slowly spin around on the spot, haven't seen the damage it is capable of doing.

Guthan: he will randomly use the Runescape equivalent of diablo 3 whirlwind attack that deals damage every 2 ticks to anyone within its range. I think it does 3k damage per hit, and Guthan moves in your direction while whirlwinding.

Karil: he will turn into a ball of fire that will explode and deal damage to anyone within I think 5x5 radius with him at the centre. That explosion deals 6k+ (i have seen 6.7k).

I believe one of the brothers (I think its Karil) will randomly drop a mine in the arena that will deal 6k to anyone that steps on it.

If one of the side wipes, the brothers remaining on the other side teleports to the other side. No idea if it will work vice versa.

In short, unless everyone I have seen playing the barrows beta were inexperienced pvm'ers, I have not seen anyone getting close to even killing 1 brother (best I have seen is 33% damage against 1 brother). This is with both BIS DPS gear and BIS Tank gear (with arcane shield).

One of the mods demonstrated the escape after you kill all brothers. You will have 30 seconds to escape the dungeon when all brothers are dead, and you will be blocked from teleporting. The long passage way doesn't give much leeway to the escape (which has, at most, seconds to spare). After that 30 seconds, it will start doing heavy damage to anyone inside, until they either escape or die.

I am sorry if I didn't give a very description, since I was mostly preoccupied watching people dying without as much as putting a scratch on any brother.

I have not seen Akrisae at all, not even when the Mod killed everything.

But in a Nutshell:

1. Correct T90 weapons will most likely be very important, with Seismics being exceptionally so.

2. They hurt, a lot.

3. If any single person dies, there is a high chance of a wipe.

4. The fight isn't over when everything is dead.

Edit: For the record, if anyone saw the Q&A live stream, I was the second last person to post a question (regarding Bosses dropping untradeable stuff that will specifically benefit only the boss hunter)"

So in essence, this is completely ****ing retarded. What they presented should be the "hard mode," with the regular version having about 1/2 to 2/3 the stats. Requiring a 2b weapon just to complete it is the most asinine thing they have done yet. Way to make a boss that panders to the 1% of the population. As far as most players are going to be concerned, this update may as well not even exist.

• Like 4

4NIrZ.png

I'm 16 levels short of maxing RuneScape, got a lot of wealth I earned myself through skilling, did some bossing in the past years. But seriously, I don't even want to do this content, just by hearing about it. Same for Vorago. I think it says a lot when maxed players can't/don't want to fight the monsters for level 90 stuff... Jagex really has to rethink their strategy.

Also: I heard no one at Jagex HQ was able to defeat it...

I'm 16 levels short of maxing RuneScape, got a lot of wealth I earned myself through skilling, did some bossing in the past years. But seriously, I don't even want to do this content, just by hearing about it. Same for Vorago. I think it says a lot when maxed players can't/don't want to fight the monsters for level 90 stuff... Jagex really has to rethink their strategy.

They failed to beat it when they played it at runefest, however apparently they did beat it back at the office.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Vorago is actually a lot of fun, and if you have nex gear it's not all that hard once you figure out how to handle each phase.

4NIrZ.png

Vorago is actually a lot of fun, and if you have nex gear it's not all that hard once you figure out how to handle each phase.

Of course fun is totally subjective and 'if you have nex gear' is part of the limiting problem. The fact you NEED armour that costs so so so much (and in most cases the t90 weapons too) for it to be 'not that hard' despite it being relatively low in terms of the top-end now is the huge limiting factor. Even more so since the stupid 20% charge lost on death thing.

Of course nex gear should have value and true top end bosses should at least have a hard mode needing the best gear, but when there is such a price disparity between tiers (It's what like 5m or so for a GWD set, same ballpark, probably less for a ports set yet even the cheapest nex set will run you like 100m) and most of the good pvm money making needs you to overcome that in the first place it gets problematic.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Just realised I posted this before on the wrong thread, it was meant to be here all along. :lol:

Summary of Barrows2 with about 3 hours playtime in total.

[hide=Many contain spoilers if you want to learn it for yourself]

As this update is a month off (to quote Chris L: "depends how many bugs we find and how quickly we fix them"), not everything will be accurate on release!

Interestingly, range seemed to hit all of the brothers well, yet mage splashed to hell on Ahrim/Karil.

Path to the brothers is randomly generated, though it's just a simple path you follow to get there, just run- route is important for later.

You need FOUR players to start this, no more, no less.

The room is divided into 2 sections by a large portal, each side will have 2 players, and both players will have to fight 3 brothers (Who you got was random from what I could see- Though Akrisae vanished and wasn't in this, so I assume he's been scrapped? :lol:)

General brother strategies:

THEY CAN ALL RUN! No more sara gwd style hit and run methods :( Also all stun immune, though Chris L said he might change that.

Ahrim: Will mage like normal, and occasionally fly ("Ahrim takes to the air!"), so I assume this means he can't be meleed. Also has a "turret" ability, where he'll pick a spot and spin, with beams that hit 1.5k-2k per tick if they go through you- roughly 7 square range?. Can surge through, and being on diagonals avoids damage if you're far enough away.

Karil: Pretty much same as Ahrim, though instead of flying he can "take to the shadows" which I assume makes him invisible, as I couldn't see him after this happened. :lol: Also has a turret attack the same as Ahrim's but with purple attacks instead of flame.

Dharok: Standard melee attacks, a special where he says "Give it all to me!" Run or you get hit for a lot of damage.

Verac: Standard melee, also had a meteor-strike type ability you can run away from, that hits about 2k typeless damage, I think other melee brothers have that too.

Guthan: Has a fun special where he throws his spear at you ("Guthan gets ready to throw his spear!") When it hits you, you get constant 500 hits until you run next to guthan, he'll pull it out of you, hitting you for 1k, and stopping the bleeds. Also has heal-what-he-hits mechanic.

Torag: Can basically hammer you into the ground, knocking you over the head with his hammer with a very amusing animation.

ALL MELEE BROTHERS: A tornado attack, basically repeated hurricane ability that follows you, hits 1.5-2.5k/tick, Surge is your friend here.

ALL(?): <NAME> ties your soul to a specific place, you get some green crosshairs on the ground (If you've ever used detonate, that sort of marking), if you don't run to there, you get transported to the shadow realm, where you need to lure all of the brothers into some sort of clouds in the ground, once all have been lured you get sent back to the real world, and the battle continues.

If you defeat a brother, you have 30 seconds to defeat another one otherwise it'll heal fully. This timer resets if you defeat another brother.

[/hide]

tl;dr VERY difficult for the first few tries, but like most other Chris L bosses, once you know what you're doing it's surprisingly easy.

I may have cheated a few times with dev console commands to give myself 32k hp so I didn't die

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]