Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

And it would be smart for them to have their own Generator...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

And it would be smart for them to have their own Generator...

It'd be smart for most business places to have their own generator, doesn't however mean everyone does because they are both expensive and require a lot of maintenance.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Considering Cambridge is in the south east and the storm is worst in the west, I doubt there will be much disruption.

The storm hit the south west and moved north and eastwards right through East Anglia heading to Holland and the Netherlands.

Cambridgeshire, Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex etc all had amber warnings out for the winds, and mostly yellow for the rain.

Most rail services cancelled all services heading south towards London, and all trains out of London too were cancelled.

It was forecast to hit all these places hard around rush hour time with the train cancellations and tree falls certainly would causing disruption to commuting employees.

Admittedly the storm has since past and it ran out of steam much more than forecast before getting much past London, but it had the potential to cause a lot of disruption.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I am very much looking forward to Barrows Brothers Deluxe. I've always considered the Barrows and the Brothers themselves integral to RuneScape's unique lore, and it's nice for their story to finally be fleshed out.

I must admit, though... I'm rather disappointed that it doesn't sound as if we'll be getting "super" versions of existing Barrows equipment. Despite the redundancy of having 4 sets of equipment with equivalent stats, I was really hoping to get my hands on some "super" Torag's (historically my favorite set of equipment). I suppose I'm also disappointed that there are no T90 weapons accompanying this update. Ah well, that gives them room to introduce T90 Godswords or some shit.

As for the whole "ports update is dead-on-release" thing... Well, perhaps they could just release T85 power armor from Ports? And perhaps whatever level 90 armor from BBD will degrade to dust like Tectonic/Serenic? That way, Ports can supply relatively permanent but slightly weaker options. And honestly level 85 2H weapons from ports doesn't sound like a bad choice either. I'll be dreaming of a Tetsu Katana.

• Like 1

2dgucz6.png

But they obviously won't do that though, that's the problem.

Following the level of hype post-release of POP I would be more inclinee to say you are wrong. A great deal of players expected weapons as well. This all assuming you were refering to POP weapons.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Following the level of hype post-release of POP I would be more inclinee to say you are wrong. A great deal of players expected weapons as well. This all assuming you were refering to POP weapons.

Where did you get that? I, for one, have never seen any speculation of POP weapons at all...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Where did you get that? I, for one, have never seen any speculation of POP weapons at all...

I believe one particularly large RSOF thread hasca lot of high expectations of it due to other katanas being in the game.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

But we're scourging the eastern lands.

O wait RS logic, ofcourse.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

I believe one particularly large RSOF thread hasca lot of high expectations of it due to other katanas being in the game.

Wasn't that Bow-Sword from devious minds also linked to the eastern lands? Would be interesting to actually see hybrid weapons in-game, although there are a lot of other problems to solve first with the combat system.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

The part I was referring to was them making PoP stuff useless. I see no signs of them fixing that (even though it would be relatively easy to do). In fact, I have spoken to J-Mods about this, most of them don't even acknowledge that it's a problem. They all seem to think PoP is great, as is Tank/Power armour, and that there is nothing to fix. "Pop doesn't need the set effect we said it would get, it's already so great!", or "Don't want to make that Tank armour super broke, now do we?", "The set effects are best left to the Nex armours!" So no, I don't expect them to fix PoP by releasing T85 Pop armour or making Tank armour useful in the foreseeable future.

Honestly, if they want tank armour to be useful, they need to improve the ability to actually tank hits for your team-mates, a lot of the time I'll provoke and the enemy will turn to me for a second or so then turn right back on the person it was attacking. Then they should at least double tank defense and add soak, and drop most of the defense on str armour. Make tanks actually able to tank the damage and strength armour wearers into glass cannons. Right now there's so little difference in the defensive capabilities that it doesn't matter at all. I use pop armour, but only because I can't afford torva.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Easy to get doesn't mean it should have no use at all compared to other armours, if I'm soloing Nex with melee I'll use Tetsu over Torva, as you have much more chance of getting the kill due to extra defence, and the bonus damage from Torva isn't actually that much.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Can someone explain to me why POP armor needs to be useful? I just don't get it.

I think tank armours overall should be more useful, not necessarily just PoP armours. Right now tank is more useful than hybrid but they're both kind of weak. I just don't see the point in differentiating 3 different types of armours if one type is almost/completely worthless, the next is slightly better but not much, and the last is an advantage is 90+% of situations. 

With the requirements to actually make the PoP armour being pretty high, and it being one of the few times Jagex has thrown skillers a bone with high-ish level gear, I can understand why some would be upset that in most situations its worse to use than the level 80 gear.

I think they didn't really make the advantages of tank armour and hybrid armour worth the loss of the damage boost and that's an issue. They should differentiate the armours enough that each type is useful in its own way and not so that you're worse off using tank/hybrid. Hybrid weapons could help make hybrid armour useful if they started giving monsters dual-weaknesses like fire spells and bolts, and then released a weapon that lets you combine those. Tank would be more useful if it actually did let you tank higher damage instead of just a mild lp boost and a small bit of extra def that's pretty much worthless. 

So basically, for me at least, its more annoying that they split up armour into different types and made one type obviously superior than about PoP in general. Also, it annoys me that most of the upper level gear comes from bossing, and the one things skillers did get is worse than the t80 gear from bossing. I wouldn't mind ports not being the be-all end-all, but skillers need more end-game content too.
  • Like 3

Can someone explain to me why POP armor needs to be useful? I just don't get it.

...Because people who have to spend a few months minimum to get a high level reward expect that reward to be worth the investment? It's honestly as simple as that.

Out of curiosity, can someone point me to a developer that's worse at balance than Jagex?

• Like 1

I was almost tempted to conclude that you were being flippant, but I will entertain it anyways. Getting those various stats for Ports is not free, and requires decent effort. Also, in EoC we were assured that tiers would matter, this is why, after all, dragon items were made useless. We were also assured that Ports would be the best armour in the game when it was released, and we were also promised that it would receive a set effect similar to Nex. Aside from requiring effort, it's also a high level item -- these are all more than enough reasons as to why it should be useful. 

• Like 3

53FOR.jpg

I don't have twitter...

EDIT: judging from the images he has released previously, that [wagon] Akrisae has no role in the new barrows.

EDIT:EDIT: Update in 1 hour (10:50 gmt atm)

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015