Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Back when Dungeoneering was lively (as late as the summer of 2012 when I got 120 Dungeoneering), there were several 'official' and 'unofficial' worlds, and several clans/friends chats for Dungeoneering which had their own worlds where you could join them for all sorts of Dungeoneering styles: fast-paced rushing, or relaxed skilling, or a mixture. I used to alternate between them based on my mood. The only option was not to do it with a bunch of random people all day, who would quit and cuss at you. There were communities out there. Now, that's all been lost.

Except a lot of the decent teams also tended to be abusive whenever a mistake was made. This left people with the options to put up with abusive players or get terrible exp. For most people teams are still the best option for exp, but if they don't want to deal with abusive players there are other options now.

From my experience, the abusive teams were usually part of the 'rushing, or maximum efficiency' style groups. Even then, many of them had systems of tutoring newbs into their ways, and would often gently push you into the right way, and would only resort to pure abuse if you were repeatedly incompetent or failed to listen. Still, I admit, abuse was there.

There were also mixed style teams/clans, and skilling clans, where abuse was virtually non-existent.

I found that even if you were a noob and weren't a great at dungeoneering, if you simply were willing to listen to people when they would give you instructions or correct your mistakes, they'd be patient and wouldn't be abusive.

Back when Dungeoneering was lively (as late as the summer of 2012 when I got 120 Dungeoneering), there were several 'official' and 'unofficial' worlds, and several clans/friends chats for Dungeoneering which had their own worlds where you could join them for all sorts of Dungeoneering styles: fast-paced rushing, or relaxed skilling, or a mixture. I used to alternate between them based on my mood. The only option was not to do it with a bunch of random people all day, who would quit and cuss at you. There were communities out there. Now, that's all been lost.

Except a lot of the decent teams also tended to be abusive whenever a mistake was made. This left people with the options to put up with abusive players or get terrible exp. For most people teams are still the best option for exp, but if they don't want to deal with abusive players there are other options now.

From my experience, the abusive teams were usually part of the 'rushing, or maximum efficiency' style groups. Even then, many of them had systems of tutoring newbs into their ways, and would often gently push you into the right way, and would only resort to pure abuse if you were repeatedly incompetent or failed to listen. Still, I admit, abuse was there.

There were also mixed style teams/clans, and skilling clans, where abuse was virtually non-existent.

I found that even if you were a noob and weren't a great at dungeoneering, if you simply were willing to listen to people when they would give you instructions or correct your mistakes, they'd be patient and wouldn't be abusive.

I know there were some decent groups out there and I played with a few. But, the nicer groups seemed to be harder to find than the larger ones that tended to have abusive players. I had several friends that basically gave up on dunge except a dunge here or there because they couldn't take the abuse and rage-quitting. I'm not saying everyone was terrible, but in many ways better solo exp, challenges, and sinkholes saved the skill for many players.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Question: what if the way the xp you get at the end of the dungeon had an extra factor based on your contirbution to the floor out of your team. Limited to say a fraction of 80-120% of your score. There are many ways contribution could be tracked, for example the amount of doors you have opened personally as a fraction of the average amount each team member opened, or % of enemies killed in GD's , or just general measurement of activity as opposed to loafing throughout the floor. It would have the double benefit of a) reducing people paying to loaf floors as it wouldnt be efficient to do so, and b) stop people from being such complaining martys when thye feel they are doing more than others as they would therefore be rewarded for it.

Surely theres got to be some quantifyable way contribution could be estimated?

That would encourage competition within the team, and would probably be destructive, particularly for the team spirit, in my view. Everyone would be trying to get the most experience for themselves.

I don't really like floor selling either, but I don't think it's really a problem (aside from all that advertising spam).

Floor selling is a great example of emergent gameplay and the cost of AFKing. I don't mind it that much because I don't think it is imbalanced. The biggest problem is that Jagex took no steps to officially implement the system, which means it's still somewhat prone to scamming and rank sellers making ridiculous amounts of money. Similarly, auto-overloading at the start of a floor should be implemented, perhaps as an elite diary reward or whatever. "Kill a boss while under the effects of an overload" is a perfectly good task (similar to the 5-minute floor challenge) and so is "Give Thok 100 (noted) overload (4)". The clear emergence of x:1 c1 small, 1:1 c2 small and 5:5 c6 large as the dominant standards for dungeoneering should also have been implemented, perhaps by allowing people to save default configurations. The auto-grouping system should have been improved the moment Jagex saw it was deserted, which was straight away.

All of these fixes would solve some of the social aspects, that is, it makes it better to do floors in a row, which does improve team cohesion, and making it less worthwhile to manually make a party (of randoms) and therefore less worthwhile to select people before dging with them.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Only major points I really took from podcats was:

1) Kharshi will feature

2) Mahjaratt have tiers much like gods and will be put on the wiki when Osbourne gets round to it

3) There are a total of 5 Elder Gods including Jas, Ful and Freneskae Creator god.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

why is brassica prime becoming a thing? He should have just stayed a stupid throw away joke like he belonged.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Not entirely bothered about Brassica Prime.. Just because players have a nostalgia for cabbage, or think it's fun to click that option in a quest doesn't give you an excuse to being back a complete joke of a god. Just when RS was getting serious about storylines they bring in a fricking cabbage.

Sigh. Listened to the podcast late last night so I can't exactly remember too much.. But NOVICE quest??? Can't we have a line of high level master+ quests?

Also posted this on RSOF last night, it's the elemental clue Osbourne gave at the end. So easy all I had to do was listen, google Harvey K and I had it..:

16-17-156-65004599

[spoiler=Chaos Elemental Hint]Emmentail said:
Above the Lore Podcast Episode 10:

Clues and solved.

1. To equipment with munitions - ARM
2. Magazine founded by Harvey Kurztman - Mad Magazine
3. Herb used to flavour pickles (gherkins) - Dill
4. Event to mark a persons transition - Rite of Passage.

So Armadyl is going to make an appearance in the quest Rite of Passage which Mod Raven is currently developing.

Because runescape is like an onion... Err, a coin. There are two sides: a semi-serious fantasy side and a goofy side. They just happened to mix the god faction notion with the goofy side that's all. There is nothing wrong with that and I could almost see the story line that comes from it to be as hair-brained and interesting as the penguin story line.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Kind of disappointing that the chaos elemental gave information that we pretty much already knew.

We knew there was a quest called "right of passage" and that there was a quest involving armadyl, the avianse and how he became a god. What we didn't know is the coo relation between the two. We also know that there is solid ground to explore with the working title of "right of passage."

I am fairly certain that armadyl was detailed I a podcast as a fairly young and naive god. So it would be fitting to the title that this quest explores his upbringing and way of life post-god hood and probaby some thereafter.

So in the end I wouldn't say it that way. I would say we have some information solidified and something us players can build and and branch off of.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Kind of disappointing that the chaos elemental gave information that we pretty much already knew.

We knew there was a quest called "right of passage" and that there was a quest involving armadyl, the avianse and how he became a god. What we didn't know is the coo relation between the two. We also know that there is solid ground to explore with the working title of "right of passage."

I am fairly certain that armadyl was detailed I a podcast as a fairly young and naive god. So it would be fitting to the title that this quest explores his upbringing and way of life post-god hood and probaby some thereafter.

So in the end I wouldn't say it that way. I would say we have some information solidified and something us players can build and and branch off of.

We knew Mod Raven was working on the quest Right of Passage. The post from Osborne suggested a while back that Raven's quest would be an Armadyl quest http://[Use Quick Find Code]/a=13/c=9w0sK9dQvcQ/sl=0/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?341,342,126,65096233,goto,4

So while it may not have been confirmed till now, it was pretty much already known.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Missing/Presumed Death is a Novice quest. It's nice to know we waited 8 months after TWW for all the epic stuff that was going to unfold, only for it to be some short Novice quest. If this is all they had planned, as far as filling some of the details of TWW, then they should have released it months ago.

I don't think it being a novice quest is necessarily as clear cut a term to judge it on now days though. The death of chivalry was a novice quest remember, and that deffinitely was a compltely different quest to the 'novice quests' of old. If there is any combat in the quest then its likely they they will be scaled also.

• Like 1

I don't think it being a novice quest is necessarily as clear cut a term to judge it on now days though. The death of chivalry was a novice quest remember, and that deffinitely was a compltely different quest to the 'novice quests' of old. If there is any combat in the quest then its likely they they will be scaled also.

He makes a great point. Couple with that and the fact the "difficulty level" of a quest is based solely on effort to complete and to some extent game play length to play through.

A quest that covers the worlds "mechanics" of death is quite worthy of a novice title. and that title is based on the notion game mechanics, lore or not, should be covered in the beginning of the game.

There is no doubt we will have plenty of slights at past trials and tribulations. We should also find ourselves immersed in a lot of new lore - some of it which might need to be looked over and pieces in with past content to see where things are going.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I disagree: it was different, but it was still something rudimentary and simple. Novice quests, even post-DoC still conform to a certain standard, they're short and easy. If I am not mistaken, it was even mentioned on the Podcast that it would be a short quest. I expect more for something that is going to address one of the most well-developed arcs and characters in the game. Especially when the question at the end of TWW was 'Is Sliske a God?', and 'How did he get the Staff?'. Simple enough. We have waited 8 months for that, and it's all just going to be some sort of short thing? Meh. With all the waiting, the hype, the self-congratulatory patting and podcasts, It should be a Master quest with medium length at the minimum.

Also, from my understanding, and I could be wrong here but, in DoC the hitpoints were scaled, but not really the damage.

Also, the Dragonkin may have been written out of the quest as well. If that is true, that'd be another major disappointment.