Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Well thats kinda the nail in a coffin for super september.

A meh loyalty update that didn;t change a whole lot and was delayed anyway.

A few timers on some icons that shoulda really been done over a year ago before eoc even launched.

A task set that just involves replaying content, so nothing hugely new.

ANNNNNNND a tumble weed desert of nothingness.

Unless the 'something' for this week is some miracle good update pulled from October, September has been about as 'super' as a glass of tap water.

• Like 3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well thats kinda the nail in a coffin for super september.

A meh loyalty update that didn;t change a whole lot and was delayed anyway.

A few timers on some icons that shoulda really been done over a year ago before eoc even launched.

A task set that just involves replaying content, so nothing hugely new.

ANNNNNNND a tumble weed desert of nothingness.

Unless the 'something' for this week is some miracle good update pulled from October, September has been about as 'super' as a glass of tap water.

Stop reminding me that I don't have the awesome tumbleweed pet. Yea, I'm hoping they pull something decent from October for this week. I really liked the task set, but the loyalty update was a disappointment.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Wouldn't surprise me, only skill to receive a worse reaction than Div in my experience was Farmining.

I mean Div hasn't had a bad reaction as such, just a 'meh' where as rc, slayer, con, hunt, summ and dg all had relatively positive reactions.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Wouldn't surprise me, only skill to receive a worse reaction than Div in my experience was Farmining.

I mean Div hasn't had a bad reaction as such, just a 'meh' where as rc, slayer, con, hunt, summ and dg all had relatively positive reactions.

RC? Positive? Dafuq?

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

I think the biggest tell tale sign of peoples perception of Divination is how desperate the community are for BXP to be activated . Sure its partly because bonus xp and lamps play a much bigger part in the game than when previous new skills were released and the Squeal wasn't around. But I think mainly the desperation for it is there because people just don't want to train the damn skill

RC? Positive? Dafuq?

More to the point... Summoning, hunter, and DG? Positive? Are we playing the same game?

Sure, they've since been redeemed (Except DG, which is love-it-or-hate-it), but at the time they were loathed and decried as useless. RC and Hunter still are, summoning and DG would have been the same if not for post-release tweaks (and in Summoning's case, a complete overhaul), and slayer and farming haven't aged well, to put it lightly.

I think the biggest tell tale sign of peoples perception of Divination is how desperate the community are for BXP to be activated . Sure its partly because bonus xp and lamps play a much bigger part in the game than when previous new skills were released and the Squeal wasn't around. But I think mainly the desperation for it is there because people just don't want to train the damn skill

Desperation for BXP may also be due to the fact that we have much more, and much more powerful, BXP sources now. Dungeoneering had, what ... TOG and Pengs?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I knew this is what Jagex does and I let my guard down. Foolish Yoko.

Desperation for BXP may also be due to the fact that we have much more, and much more powerful, BXP sources now. Dungeoneering had, what ... TOG and Pengs?

Yup. Bonus experience is abundant and everywhere. Who could have possibly predicted that this would happen? No one.

• Like 1

Not even surprised.. If they don't at least allow BXP on Divination this week I'll be really upset. :(. I really want to start work on my hard-mode Dungeoneering ..

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

RC? Positive? Dafuq?

More to the point... Summoning, hunter, and DG? Positive? Are we playing the same game?

Sure, they've since been redeemed (Except DG, which is love-it-or-hate-it), but at the time they were loathed and decried as useless. RC and Hunter still are, summoning and DG would have been the same if not for post-release tweaks (and in Summoning's case, a complete overhaul), and slayer and farming haven't aged well, to put it lightly.

I'm by no means saying they had entirely positive response, that would be ludicrous.

Nor that they maintained the same user responses over time, just the initial first month or two.

At the time Rc was widely welcomed as it meant we could finally mage viable and bring down the price of runes.

Summoning was enjoyed a lot when it first arrived as it added a lot of new mechanics that proved useful.

Hunter was popular when it first arrived due to the sheer variety of potentially useful things it brought.

And dg in spite of 'its a minigame not a skill' still proved popular.

Having been there for them all I think, on the whole, they all go relatively positive reactions from the community on the whole.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I don't mean to derail this thread, but Dungeoneering (my favourite skill, and in my view, the best developed skill) proved to be popular until Jagex strangled it with their own hands, set it on fire, and threw it off the balcony. With Sinkholes giving ridiculous experience for 5 minutes of (fun) effort, and the same with Daily challenges, and tons of bonus experience, AND the boost to solo Dungeoneering, and Dungeoneering worlds are dead (there are other factors too but these are important ones). They put so much effort into and it actually turned into a great skill and then they ruined it. It's amazing how little they know about their own game.

Mod John A confirmed on his Twitter that Birthright of the Dwarves has been delayed until early October. I wonder what went wrong, it's been delayed what... 3 or 4 weeks since its original update time?

It's been delayed 1 week.

Whilst the BTS article order is often indicative of release order it is not always the case, especially when it comes to high profile updates they want near the top to show of.

Until we have an actual friday bts video we do not know for sure what the next week should bring

Plv6Dz6.jpg

So you mean that by giving solo players finally a way to get more than 60k exp/h without having to play with obnoxious fools, they ruined a skill?

If you play(ed) with 'obnoxious fools', then that's probably down to you, due to the lack of organization of not-'obnoxious fools'. Dungeoneering is a social skill, much more than any other skill in RS ever was or is. If you want to secure the long-term availability of decent/good/great teams, you need to use clans or friends chat. The social pressure to dg in a way that's good for the team (rather than the individual) isn't strong enough in a random world, as there is no way to track 'obnoxious fools'.

Since soloers now get such good xp rates, there is no reason to even try to team up anymore. I'd argue that perhaps there wasn't enough incentive to do so in the first place - look at how quickly warband fcs set up and compare that to dungeoneering chats. So yes, they 'ruined' - massively changed, and made less viable one of the core concepts - the skill by reducing the incentive to team up.

It is also in part to blame on Jagex' absolutely horrible auto-grouping system, which first of all should default to 5:5 larges and secondly should join people based on friend, ignore, friends/guest clan chat and clan bonds. E.g. make a team out of five clannies instead of out of those five randoms who have eachother on ignore.

Edit: Teaming up did get a lot easier with keybelts and EoC, which made it very easy to solo every guardian door and most combat-based puzzle rooms. Mgting to a difficult room is almost unheard of now, it's just your mime/ports/boss and such.

• Like 2

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Yes, it's all about incentives (as I always say). If you have a skill that was clearly designed to be a social skill (Dungeoneering fits the bill), then you actually need to give and maintain incentives for people so that they would want to do it in groups. When you release incentives and methods that reward players for soloing the thing, or alternative methods, such as Sinkholes and Daily Challenges, then yes, they will eventually move way from doing it with teams. It's not rocket science.

The problem is the entire grouping system is so horribly inefficient that no one who isn't hardcore into friendschat/clans for dg actually really wants to group with randoms. The automated group system is bad, and manually grouping takes nearly as long as just doing the floor. In addition, the scoring system for xp at the end does not encourage just continuing with the same team (like it SHOULD have)

That alone makes grouping annoying, so the fact that it is even less necessary now makes it very difficult to encourage. It also doesn't help that one person can very very quickly ruin floor times, by not helping at the emote, portals, etc. (or just not being smart enough to move the group gate when it's dead). The fact that one person out of 5 can so vastly ruin the xp rate makes it too easy to grief on purpose or on accident which again discourages teams.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Yes I can safely say it's the grief from teaming up with randomers that has resulted in me now having gone from lvl 100 to my current level of 113 entirely from sinkholes, with the odd daily challenge here and there. I just find that every time I do try do the odd large using the worlds for it, I end up being berrated and sworn at for simple mistakes, it just completely puts me off from trying and getting properly into the skill. I guess it is just the design of the skill that means one person mucking up can punish the whole team,but I dont know how it could be improved. I still don't know why they havent removed puzzle rooms like the lever and mime rooms as they just create so many problems that don't need to exist.

• Like 2

Yes I can safely say it's the grief from teaming up with randomers that has resulted in me now having gone from lvl 100 to my current level of 113 entirely from sinkholes, with the odd daily challenge here and there. I just find that every time I do try do the odd large using the worlds for it, I end up being berrated and sworn at for simple mistakes, it just completely puts me off from trying and getting properly into the skill. I guess it is just the design of the skill that means one person mucking up can punish the whole team,but I dont know how it could be improved. I still don't know why they havent removed puzzle rooms like the lever and mime rooms as they just create so many problems that don't need to exist.

Same thing happens to me; I am in no way a dg pro, but I do know the basics. Every time I do join a team though and do some kind of basic mistake or simply isn't fast enough, I get sworn at all. Which have lead me now to sadly stop using teams. It's simply not worth it.

And that is also why I think it is actually good Jagex made dg soloable. Social skills sadly just doesn't work that well for those who doesn't know the 'right' fc's and groups to join. Not with this community anyway. Which is a huge pity.

• Like 2

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Back when Dungeoneering was lively (as late as the summer of 2012 when I got 120 Dungeoneering), there were several 'official' and 'unofficial' worlds, and several clans/friends chats for Dungeoneering which had their own worlds where you could join them for all sorts of Dungeoneering styles: fast-paced rushing, or relaxed skilling, or a mixture. I used to alternate between them based on my mood. The only option was not to do it with a bunch of random people all day, who would quit and cuss at you. There were communities out there. Now, that's all been lost.

Back when Dungeoneering was lively (as late as the summer of 2012 when I got 120 Dungeoneering), there were several 'official' and 'unofficial' worlds, and several clans/friends chats for Dungeoneering which had their own worlds where you could join them for all sorts of Dungeoneering styles: fast-paced rushing, or relaxed skilling, or a mixture. I used to alternate between them based on my mood. The only option was not to do it with a bunch of random people all day, who would quit and cuss at you. There were communities out there. Now, that's all been lost.

Except a lot of the decent teams also tended to be abusive whenever a mistake was made. This left people with the options to put up with abusive players or get terrible exp. For most people teams are still the best option for exp, but if they don't want to deal with abusive players there are other options now.

• Like 2

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19