Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

[hide]

I would disagree. Jagex has designed this skill for now this way, so they can make updates for it in the future.

Future updates don't make the skill useful now. Now, we have an extremely bare-bones 'skill' with no interesting parts. Releasing an interesting update, with actual work put into the design, doesn't stop anyone from releasing updates to the skill later on. Look at Dungeoneering, which has received the task set only recently, after several years.

So you expect a fully fleshed skill on release? Look at Summoning, Dungeoneering, Construction. Neither of these were "complete" till some years after their release. Heck even Dungeoneering still lacks Floor 61 and is therefore still not complete. It might feel bare boned now. But give it a year and I'm sure it will be more fleshy =3

[/hide]

I expect a skill that can stand with the other skills on release, yes. That means that after ten years of updates, I don't want to see a skill that would be suitable for RSC days. Now if Jagex' update rate, which is low (as you refer to with f61) was much higher, I might accept a bare-bones release, but since it isn't, I don't. Summoning 2 was fairly fast (~2.5 months) and Dungeoneering was released in batches by design, with about 3 months' wait for Occult, then another month for Warped (however this was pre-announced). Divination has no announced batch 2, and it's certainly much more annoying to level than Summoning and Dungeoneering were on release.

Also, I think the game has changed, as more people are now high-levelled, heavy grinding more common (the race to 99 was over very quickly). After so many years of no new skills, you can't just release a really boring grindy skill and 'force' all the maxed/near-maxed players focus on that skill exclusively. Although apparently, you can, so maybe I should say 'shouldn't'.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The easiest solution to making divination stand on its own would've been to stick to the original plan and release both at the same time, or at least within a month or two of each other.

A gathering skill without its matching artisan, even with a sprinkling of things to make it just kinda flat and boring.

I mean sure even with the second skill Div will be rather basic, but I think that's more tolerable of a gathering skill when it has its partner because they are designed to work in a way where you don't no-life one to the end you flit between the two. (In theory anyway)

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The easiest solution to making divination stand on its own would've been to stick to the original plan and release both at the same time, or at least within a month or two of each other.

A gathering skill without its matching artisan, even with a sprinkling of things to make it just kinda flat and boring.

I mean sure even with the second skill Div will be rather basic, but I think that's more tolerable of a gathering skill when it has its partner because they are designed to work in a way where you don't no-life one to the end you flit between the two. (In theory anyway)

It would of also helped if they did not hype the 2 skills a year before but yet only start developing divination in Feb. At that point all they knew was herp de derp 2 skills yolo.

• Like 1

I don't get why a skill needs to have (good) rewards. The way I see it, levelling skills should unlock pieces of content and increase xp rates, not provide neat bonuses that only unbalance the game further.

On the vorago topic- If you have a decent team and the rotation isn't annoying hi green bombs you're getting 3 KPH in 7 man teams, and an average of 6 energies/kill, along with a wand/orb every other day or so.

Energies are about 1.5m each currently, and a 100m+ split for orb and 250m split for wand easily makes it the best moneymaking method in the game.

Which is obviously why so many people do it causing there to be massive death lists and the wand and orb to lower in value thanks to the increased supply...oh no wait the death list is minute and the wand and orb just keep going up.

Of course there is a feasibility there the trouble, to me, is the payout vs the risk only works out well if you are part of the minute super elite that can kill him slickly and consistently AND you constantly kill him for days at a time to ensure you get the payout from one of the rarer drops. Plus as soon as more people get remotely good at him and the wand and orb crash that pay out will quickly dwindle to nothingness. I mean how well will wands and orbs even sell at these ridiculous values before the equally small uber rich market has their fill and no-one is left to buy them? Of course at that point coinsharing them would be an option but again it'd be a massive tank to the payout.

I'm not sure what you're even talking about here. You're saying that only endgame players can kill an endgame boss? yeah, that's how it usually works. And you actually have to put in time to gain rewards? oh no! :ohnoes: The demand for wands and orbs is huge, even if a good portion of that demand can't currently afford them (keep in mind that as wand+orb decrease in price more people can afford them). Vorago will eventually get easier due to updates (see also: Nex). As vorago gets easier kill rates will increase, causing an approximate equalization of profits despite falling wand+orb prices.

Ambler does a lot of Vorago and knows what he's talking about. It's good money, the problem is that team dynamics don't work very well in Runescape and finding a competent team is difficult for the average maxed combat player.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

That was the most awkward BTS I've ever seen. Felt like the guys had no idea what they wanted to say.

Apart from that, I have a rather meh feelings towards this quest. I don't really like the dwarf series, Dragon weapons are useless and lolmining. The only thing that interests me is the XP and that monster thing.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Edit: warning, picture dump from the vid

I wasn't really sold on the winning player entries, but seeing them redrawn is bringing me around. The animation on the chaos giant is really fluid and lovely.

[hide]4vZja.png

4vZt0.png4vZuc.png[/hide]

And I'm assuming this is the new look of Veldaban:

[hide]4vZpm.png[/hide]

And this was from the whiteboard at 1:18:

4vZEM.png

We already knew it was 4 pieces to modify an existing pickaxe but does that read "chance to (smelt or smith crossed out and something written above it) ores t+p"? The video says that it auto-incinerates ores though so I don't know.

And then there was info on the impending changes to the Lava Flow Mine which I think is pretty interesting:

4vZQ2.png

A lava geyser that might appear once per hour? A column to living rock caverns? (Whatever that would mean...)

I really can't make out most of this writing though. Maybe someone with sharper eyes can.

hzvjpwS.gif

And I'm assuming this is the new look of Veldaban:

4vZpm.png

Either that, or Burger King is coming to Runescape ... :unsure:

If they made a mock-commercial with Veldaban as the Burger King along these lines...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4_5qoy4oaQ

...I'd be so happy.

• Like 2

hzvjpwS.gif

Does this mean 2 no-update weeks, or are they going to stick something else from the Bts in?

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

I like how rather than saying its been delayed they try and give the impression it was planned for the 30th from the get go cause I mean it's not like they put a BTS video out about the update on the friday before the week of the update every single time...oh no wait thats exactly what they do.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Other than the quest and dwarf makeover, what updates are left? Combat ability bar improvements and the The Battle of Lumbridge – The Epic Conclusion?

The ability bar stuff, aka timers on buffs came a week or two ago already.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Well Mod John did say we are getting SOMETHING this week and that Dwarf is gonna be on 30th.

So I wouldn't write it off entirely yet, it depends on what the something is and whether or not dwarves actually arrive on the 30th (along with bol ending) or slip to the 1st or 2nd

Plv6Dz6.jpg

so we got an update from August (which wasnt much of a update tbh) "Super" September, Dungeoneering Set, and everything else pushed to the very end (and probably overflow to October).

Year of the player my arse. If we are getting an update this week, I'm hoping its Divination Unlock, GOOD/focused bug fixes and that golden Chinchompa PET they mentioned at least.

Popoto.~<3