Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

10th Nov 2014 - Prifddinas - Lost City of the Elves - Part 2

Update

• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

stonewall337
[ Display Name History ]

stonewall337

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,681 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Stonewall337
  • Clan:<Killing Time> of Dawnbringer

So do you need 115 dg to slay eddemu? Looks like but not sure.,

Stonewall337.png

Drops

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:xpx

So do you need 115 dg to slay eddemu? Looks like but not sure.,

115 dg and a task. They are a bad slayer task(~130-140k slayer xp) and the drops aren't great. Can be dangerous if you have alot of them piling you. Mighty edimmu is quite deadly if not handled correctly and has 96k lp, but drops normal stuff(apart from the rare chance of pet drop). Overall, not a good task.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,799 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw

^To me it seems like a strange decision to make a slayer monster only available at such high DG level. It would make more sense to put it somewhere else in the world as well, but make that place a disadvantage in comparison to the dungeon.

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Comp used to be without bullshit requirements, until the HLF "please make Comp more prestigous" fanboys had their way...

ckkdXFT.jpg

Out of curiosity, do they have a way for people without 115 DG to redeem the motherlode shards they got prerelease, or was that scrapped?

Octarine
[ Display Name History ]

Octarine

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Octarine
  • RSN2:Octarune
  • Clan:Primacy

After working on my dungeoneering harmony pillar, I'm at 50,000xp to go for the final growth phase. Looks like xp gained doesn't spill over into the next growth phase

Also for anyone hunting herblore pages they appear on the floor with a red minimap icon

Blog of DG, Bossing (mostly Glacors) and stuff - Runetrack

Posted Image
Play Safe! Posted Image - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

Out of curiosity, do they have a way for people without 115 DG to redeem the motherlode shards they got prerelease, or was that scrapped?

Motherlode shards can only be redeemed with the elf outside the level 95 resource dungeon, regardless of whether you can use the maw or not.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Motherlode shards can only be redeemed with the elf outside the level 95 resource dungeon, regardless of whether you can use the maw or not.

Ah, cool. Thank you.

God Of Lego
[ Display Name History ]

God Of Lego

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:God Of Lego

Its a peice of shit anyway. 10 shards for an off hand rune sword?!

Peronix
[ Display Name History ]

Peronix

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts

Comp used to be without bullshit requirements, until the HLF "please make Comp more prestigous" fanboys had their way...

True that. God knows there are enough BS requirements bundled with the task system, I'm looking at you, temple trekking. I can kind of understand having all boss kills as a req too, but all of these elven titles seem like they would be more suited to trim reqs.

Blofeld
[ Display Name History ]

Blofeld

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • RSN:Blofeld

It's more frustrating because there was so much feedback saying they were too much after the first one, and the same has just been repeated again. 

So given you have a 5% chance of getting moss with a perfect farming juju, has anyone seen confirmation anywhere that those farmed that way count towards the 200. Because that will make it a heck of a lot faster!

Steph
[ Display Name History ]

Steph

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
What's the actual requirement for the moss comp thingy
Posted Image

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad
[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

They are basically forcing the Trim playstyle onto regular Comp Capers. In the past, 95% of this shit would have been Trim only. Not cool.

Blofeld
[ Display Name History ]

Blofeld

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 240 posts
Have any trim reqs at all been released with the city?

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:wkw
Can anyone confirm that attuned crystal weapons degrade after doing 25k damage?

If so, they are totally useless for... everything

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Nous
[ Display Name History ]

Nous

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 11 posts

They are basically forcing the Trim playstyle onto regular Comp Capers. In the past, 95% of this shit would have been Trim only. Not cool.

Max capes fine too, I mean you gotta put in extra work for extra stuff

Quasar
[ Display Name History ]

Quasar

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • RSN:Quasar

cL7Ao.jpg

rip

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

So apparently, they nerfed not only the rate at which you get Brawlers from Elves (and Elves pickpocketting in general), but they also nerfed the experience from brawlers.

They didn't even have the courtesy to mention it in the patch notes, a fairly significant update about a very valuable item many people had. Seriously, why? What's the point of patch notes if all the useful stuff is hidden and not mentioned?

Also there was no reason to nerf the experience from brawlers.

Mod Timbo can go choke on a bag of [bleep].

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

So apparently, they nerfed not only the rate at which you get Brawlers from Elves (and Elves pickpocketting in general), but they also nerfed the experience from brawlers.

They didn't even have the courtesy to mention it in the patch notes, a fairly significant update about a very valuable item many people had. Seriously, why? What's the point of patch notes if all the useful stuff is hidden and not mentioned?

Also there was no reason to chance the experience from brawlers.

Mod Timbo can go choke on a bag of [bleep].

I know it's a rhetorical question, but the answer is probably that they either don't want documented evidence of how bad the initial cluster-screw-up was or that they plan to address it somewhere more significantly than a minute line in patch notes.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

DeEliteOne
[ Display Name History ]

DeEliteOne

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • RSN:De Elite One
  • RSN '07:Footlong
  • Clan:Primacy

Have any trim reqs at all been released with the city?

Nope, all new reqs are just normal.

edit: Misread your question; none with this batch, buying the ability for fero ring to tele to Morvran was from last batch.

Also for anyone who's gotten potion recipes from doing floors: what floor # / complexity / size?

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

Blofeld
[ Display Name History ]

Blofeld

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 240 posts

Nope, all new reqs are just normal.

edit: Misread your question; none with this batch, buying the ability for fero ring to tele to Morvran was from last batch.

Well that itself speaks volumes, it seems obvious to me there should have been about a 50-50 split.   Don't get me wrong I think some of them are perfectly reasonable and I look forward to trying all the content out (can't wait to get home from work currently). However it is clear that some of them are unreasonably grindy/RNG dependent. Why was it needed to both get the journals from the agility course and do 200 laps for example?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users