Heart of Stone - Elder Gods Quest

Miss Lioness

Heart of Stone - Elder Gods Quest

It's hero vs hero in Heart of Stone: the first quest in RuneScape's new 'Elder Gods' series, and your choice from the Player Power quest poll earlier this year.

Legendary hero Xenia has gone rogue, and Ariane's vowed to take her down. You'll team up with a state-of-the-art tracking golem - whose personality will develop based on your choices.

Ultimately, you'll find out what drove Xenia to murder, and uncover a secret that could change Gielinor forever.

There's Thanksgiving fun to be had from Thursday, too, as the Lumbridge Castle chef's brother needs your help to find his wayward turkeys - there's a new title to earn for doing so.

Read on to find out more!

Heart of Stone

Heart of Stone is a members-only quest

Required skills and quests:

35 Magic, 25 Runecrafting

Carnilllean RisingRune Memories

To start:

Find Xenia and Ariane outside the Wizards' Tower, south of Draynor Village.

xenia_attacks.jpg

When the quest starts, you'll find Xenia and Ariane in a heated disagreement.

Once Xenia flees the scene, Ariane will kit you out with a tracking golem named Kipple. You'll need to tune into to the magical teleportation traces left by Xenia, and follow her trail around the world.

You'll visit a number of locations, completing puzzles or battling guardians at each one, uncovering long-lost secrets of the elder gods as you do so.

Succeed in tracking down Xenia and you'll earn a chunk of XP, plus a golem follower pet, whose

personality will be defined by the choices you made during the quest.

ariane_and_kipple.jpg

You'll also have set in motion the events of an all-new quest line - one that'll be right at the core of RuneScape's Sixth Age.

Thanksgiving 2014

The Lumbridge Castle cook's brother has unwittingly unleashed a flock of turkeys, and it's up to you to find them up in our Thanksgiving event, running from 00:00 GMT on 27th November to 23:59 on 30th November.

There are 20 to locate all around Gielinor - 10 in free-to-play areas, and 10 only accessible to members.

Find 10 turkeys and you'll unlock the new 'the Thanksgiver' title, plus all free-to-play rewards from Thanksgivings past.

Track down all 20 and you'll get a large XP lamp, plus all previous members' Thanksgiving rewards.

Enjoy!

Have fun - whether you're uncovering time-lost knowledge or just pinpointing poultry.

Let us know what you think by joining the discussion on the forums.

Mod Raven, Mod Deg, Mod Easty and the RuneScape Team

In Other News

• You can now reskin your faithful summoning familiars as any of your purchased legendary pets.
  • Head to Solomon's Store to pick up a legendary pet for half price - this week only.

[spoiler=Patch Notes]

Graphical:

• Crystal teleport seeds now use the correct teleport animation.
  • Teleporting to Tears of Guthix with the light creature familiar now uses the correct animation.
  • Retro plate armour now recolours correctly.
  • An issue causing minimap backgrounds to appear transparent in OpenGL for some users has been fixed.

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames: 

• Only one costume-skipping ticket is now used when skipping an Uri encounter during a Treasure Trail.

Quests, Challenges and Achievements:

• Creatures in the TzHaar Fight Cave will now register towards Rampage challenges.

Other:

• Players dying in Hardcore mode will now have their cause of death broadcasted and saved in the Hardcore hiscore table.
  • Araxyte arrows may now be used with dyed noxious bows.
  • Players will no longer have their keybinds locked if they close the Examine interface without entering a personal message.
  • Certain item packs are now correctly shown in the Player Examine interface.
  • Players will now receive bonus XP when planting a fruit tree in the Meilyr district and harvesting from a bush in the Cryws district with the relevant Voice of Seren buff active.
  • The Lorehound title now unlocks correctly.
  • Agility XP lap bonus provided by the Collector's insignia now works on the Hefin course in Prifddinas (but it does not apply while the Voice of Seren is on Hefin)
  • Crystal hatchets and pickaxes now appear in the player's gravestone if lost on death.
  • Players can now use a crystal hatchet to chop down teak trees in Etceteria.
  • Players who gilded a pickaxe in their tool belt then added a crystal pickaxe will no longer have a gilded bronze pickaxe shown in the tool belt interface.
  • Lord Cadarn will now have a pickpocket option consistently when players haven't yet found the relevant memoriam crystal.
  • Teleporting away from powerful edimmu will no longer grant the player XP and loot when the NPC despawns.
  • Players can no longer attack edimmu after their slayer assignment has finished.
  • The Early Bird bonus for edimmu slayer assignment frequency has ended.
  • Ghost Hunter armour will no longer count towards the 3 pieces requirement for triggering Warpriest armour's damage reduction effect.
  • Using a potion flask on a combination potion no longer causes players to disconnect.
  • Magic secateurs may once again be stored with the tool leprechaun while equipped.
  • Players who have set up an authenticator as a bank PIN and subsequently disabled the authenticator can once again access their banks.
  • A potentially confusing sound effect - previously played while walking with certain scimitars equipped - has been removed.

Ninja fixes:

• The minimum number of players required to start a Soul Wars game has been lowered to five per team.
  • Expert skillcapes can now be stored on the cape rack.
  • The left-click option on slayer masks is now 'Wear'.
  • A Quickchat option has been added for dungeoneering reward tokens.
  • The gatherer's ring message displayed when harvesting from wisps is now filtered.
  • Players will no longer take damage from the Queen Black Dragon's fire waves after touching the final crystal.
  • Nameless ones will no longer move before their first arcane attack.

Engine:

• A tweak has been made to help prevent animations and other information going out of synch in certain circumstances.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

• Expert skillcapes can now be stored on the cape rack.

Finally!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

....When do we get the skillcape update anyway? I thought they had a final design ready.

Still, lore quest. woo.

ETA: 1 week after DG Finale

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

I'm looking forward to turkey tracking, but why give us such a short window to hunt them down?  At least make it a week.

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I'm looking forward to turkey tracking, but why give us such a short window to hunt them down?  At least make it a week.

To go with the TH Turkey Spotter promotion.

I can believe that there's going to be one, but has it been announced yet?  :P

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I think I got to a decent place in the quest an hour into it, before I had to leave for work.

Aside from taking to a few things, I'm not seeing all the lore. I hope that comes later.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I think I got to a decent place in the quest an hour into it, before I had to leave for work.

Aside from taking to a few things, I'm not seeing all the lore. I hope that comes later.

Remember, for some of the older players this will be a general rehash of the lore. This is an intermediate quest meant to introduce the Elder God concept and a bit of info about them to newer players. So it won't be as in-depth lore-wise as FotG or the wandering ga'al bookcase.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

lol at familiar overrides only working on legendary pets and not on any of the pets (vitalis/araxyte/eddy/phoenixes/baby trolls) that anyone would want to use...

• Like 1

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

lol at familiar overrides only working on legendary pets and not on any of the pets (vitalis/araxyte/eddy/phoenixes/baby trolls) that anyone would want to use...

Because they don't have attack animations, simple as that.

That was the most disappointing thing about today's update. I had been eagerly anticipating this for a long time, and then when it was leaked a few weeks ago, I was excited. But I was always wary that this might happen. I want to override my Yak with my Barrows Bobblehead. :(

It also seems like a good place to start, its only like 6 pets in the category, they can check for bugs, gauge reaction to it, etc. If they don't work on the others it will be disappointing, but I don't particularly blame them for only releasing 6 first. Also, money, these are the most expensive pets I think (not counting the premier club pets since they come with membership in the package) 

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Well it can't be that hard to give them attack animations. But really though, they don't need attack animations. I only, and I think most people were in the same boat, wanted it for our Pak Yaks (which sees limited combat). They could have made it so that Legendary Pets could be overriden on aggressive familiars/combat familiars, while the other pets could have overriden BoBs/Ponies.