Ports - Guardians of the World

Bxpprod

gjeyD.png

tfw even Mod Rowley doesn't know how rare the Cross Guard / Fossil Hunter voyages are.

I saw that last week, and by about halfway through the second paragraph I just threw my hands in the air and gave up all attempts at comprehension.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

gjeyD.png

tfw even Mod Rowley doesn't know how rare the Cross Guard / Fossil Hunter voyages are.

I saw that last week, and by about halfway through the second paragraph I just threw my hands in the air and gave up all attempts at comprehension.

There's a difference between knowing the exact drop rate and how its actually working out for players in game. You can know the formula and how it should work but looking at how many players are actually recieving the voyages could include variables you may have missed due to human behaviour.

Think of it like this, if the voyage is 1/500 chance. Theoretically with 3 voyages a day and 15 re-rolls the person has 18 chances per day. On average that would mean a player would get the voyage every 28 or so days. However, what if player behaviour tends not to use those. Players usually get 2 adventurers per day, if they send out both of those adventurers that removes 2 of their voyages but no new chance at the piece voyage for it. Then perhaps players don't tend to re-roll voyages often they just send out whatever voyages are available when they look. That would mean they'd send out 2 more voyages from there. So the total number of chances per day they'd have for the voyages would be 5 on the first day (their 3 available voyages plus the 2 that replace them), but only 2 on every other day (since it only replaces the voyages they send out).

So while mathematically it may be supposed to come up every 28 days if people use all their re-rolls, human behaviour could make it take an average of 250 days since people aren't using all their re-rolls. Throw in voyage re-rolls from ports randoms and it can become more messy. So, they can know the exact code, but analytics will tell them the results when you factor in human behaviour.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

As far as i'm aware of, noone has gotten either of those missions yet. And no, even with max port score, using all the rerolls i still had today i was not able to get one. Most likely, those voyages do not actually exist in the game yet.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Perhaps there might be an unknown bug or variable that is preventing the voyage from showing up at all.

NO ONE that I know of has received these voyages yet. Really weird.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Its been stated in twitter from a mod recently(can't think of his name) that the rarity of the kaseki and tsuba are both being put into question. There are have been several who have gotten it mind you. They are looking at ways to introduce more of them as well... I'm guessing that means we might see them as a potential reward from clue voyages?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Its been stated in twitter from a mod recently(can't think of his name) that the rarity of the kaseki and tsuba are both being put into question. There are have been several who have gotten it mind you. They are looking at ways to introduce more of them as well... I'm guessing that means we might see them as a potential reward from clue voyages?

Really? Who? Do you have any screenshots of this?

Kinda curious who actually owns dual-wield t85 atm, because I don't and neither do many others who do ports.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Probably a bug so anyone who already had 6M distance pre-update can't get the voyages, but people who reached 6M post-Ports 3 trigger the unlock for it?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

if it's something that simple, i can't really trust them to not accidentally delete people's accounts anymore

Don't worry, soon enough I'm sure they'll let you use keys to backup/recover your account! :P

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

A patch to fix the weapon parts voyages. Apparently they were supposed to be about 1/100 but some other voyages were superceding them.

https://twitter.com/JagexRowley/status/573100641070940161

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

lmfao, such QA.

Hey be fair :P. It used to take them a year to fix broken stuff, now we're down to what, a month and a half? :XD:

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Dharok's set effect, anyone? Didn't that take like 2 years for them to actually put in game? was the funniest thing in the world.

• Like 1

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Dharok's set effect, anyone? Didn't that take like 2 years for them to actually put in game? was the funniest thing in the world.

Hunter camouflage gear hasnt worked since the launch of the skill which was released november 2006
  • Like 4

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

wait, so camo is as much a lie as standing farther away from the trap? placebos all around me

i don't even get why stuff like attuned seeds and ports weapon bits need to be so danged rare to begin with seeing as they're UNTRADEBLE and YOU STILL HAVE TO EARN THE REST OF THE ITEM, in the case of attuned seeds, forcibly spending a really long time to gather the materials to make and repair the weapon (time that you can't reduce by any means past being 99 crafting), and in the case of ports weapons, you're only able to increase your odds by a marginal amount as to whether or not you'll be able to earn part of the item you're working towards, and this has to be done twice for each hand, or in the case of death lotus darts, can't actually be repaired normally and costs more in terms of money to replace not to mention that maximum dart throwing range is so close to the target that it would just be more efficient to walk up to your opponent and jab them directly with the needle

all of this was done in order not to step on anybody's toes

it wouldn't matter if we got 1 or 100 of them since we'd only ever be able to use a certain amount at any particular time

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

i don't even get why stuff like attuned seeds and ports weapon bits need to be so danged rare to begin with seeing as they're UNTRADEBLE and YOU STILL HAVE TO EARN THE REST OF THE ITEM, in the case of attuned seeds, forcibly spending a really long time to gather the materials to make and repair the weapon (time that you can't reduce by any means past being 99 crafting),

You can actually repair attuned crystal gear with GP now by taking it to Eluned. Something sensible at last.
  • Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

So I'm just coming back to runescape and I'm trying to learn ports. Is there a good guide with advice on what to upgrade first, what type captain and crews your want, etc? I've been doing okay on my own, but would love to have a plan going forward. Main goal is Tetsu/death lotus/sea singer armour. Scrimshaws maybe if they are worth it?

For upgrades...

Order from first to last

Extra ships, crew and captains, ship upgrades, lowest is other buildings.

For scrolls, do them if you have no other voyages tip do, because you will not get allot of trade goods on the early regions

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

For upgrades...

Order from first to last

Extra ships, crew and captains, ship upgrades, lowest is other buildings.

For scrolls, do them if you have no other voyages tip do, because you will not get allot of trade goods on the early regions

I'd disagree on scrolls there.

Scroll voyages match the difficulty of your max region meaning they get harder and harder as you progress. Therefore for scrolls you actually desire it is beneficially to clear them out asap in early regions where you can easily 100% them.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I've done all 3 scroll voyages I've had so far. 3/4 DL hood done. My sole goal with PoP is to unlock the armours. I don't care about anything else right now. Eventually I figure I'll unlock whatever else I can.

A patch to fix the weapon parts voyages. Apparently they were supposed to be about 1/100 but some other voyages were superceding them.

https://twitter.com/JagexRowley/status/573100641070940161

Oh thats interesting. Now we can watch t90 items drop further :p.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png