Raids - The Liberation of Mazcab (13/07/2015 Update)

Drazhor

jizcXta.jpg

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Grats! Did you end up taking my slot at that, or did you go with someone else? :p

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

If your clan is willing to take someone who isn't incompetent, but lacking experience I will go later in the week. I have been reading up on mechanics and it does seem like a tough fight.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Grats! Did you end up taking my slot at that, or did you go with someone else? :p

I did go with a different group, as they were much nicer. It allowed me to be as equal as the rest of the group, be part of it. That was actually the second attempt with the group as the first we had some bad luck with the servers...

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

There's basically absolutely no incentive for people to do Yaka (because of the complicated fight, costly supplies, etc.) more than 1 per lockout, unless they're selling leeches. So people who have done dozens of failed kills in order to learn and get better are sure as hell not going to take noobs and repeat all that process of failed kills for no loot/reward, unless they're leech sellers. Basically, Yakamaru is the most poorly designed boss, as far as rewards go, in Runescape history. Jagex is too delusional to see that of course. So if you're a comper who isn't the best pvmer, and you're looking to get your comp back back, your options are extremely limited, and you'll more or less have to either get with another team of noobs and do dozens of attempts until you all get better, or you'll have to pay for a leech. Experienced teams are not going to take you, for the most part, because Jagex gives them no reason to do so.

• Like 2

They should revamp the training point system, make harder bosses give more points than easier ones and put some actually useful rewards in there rather than the ever-so-popular trio of useless cosmetics (override, title, pet). It probably wouldn't help much but it would be a start.

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

Or they could just give people reasons to do more than 1 Yakamaru kill per 48 hours. If they did that, then teams would be constantly running, and some of them would be willing to help soccer moms who don't do bossing. Right now, the majority of teams do their 1 kill and stop raiding and do other stuff until they can reset.

Just have subsequent kills give slightly reduced loot - 90%, 80%, 70%. Especially since Mod Ramen couldn't even get his "Yakamaru loot worth 5m" thing correct.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Just have subsequent kills give slightly reduced loot - 90%, 80%, 70%. Especially since Mod Ramen couldn't even get his "Yakamaru loot worth 5m" thing correct.

Unless yaka drop rate for armour is allot higher than bm. No point in killing it at all imo

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Unless yaka drop rate for armour is allot higher than bm. No point in killing it at all imo

At worst they should lower it to looting each boss (or BM twice) every 24 hrs vs 48 hrs.

Just make it a roll for unique drop (teci/codex/armour) once/boss/48hrs with unlimited normal loot.  Or perhaps more fun would be halving the drop rate for unique drop every time you loot with it resetting every 48 hours, so that players can still have a chance (albeit small) of a drop.

• Like 2

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

This game does seem infinitely more fun when you don't have to play flawed content to keep a sparkly cape.

Unfortunately it's major drawback is you have to do crap updates as well as anything fun.

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

Yaka isn't hard its just finding a team is hard. I mean the sand thing is annoying, but everything is pretty easy.

Everything always seem to go to shit at mirage phase, I can't quite put my finger on why either.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

In agreement as well.

... Even if he is slightly overprotective of his content.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The new loot isn't really much better. Ascendri bolts are useless, and they don't even sell LOL.

The other common drops are decent though.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

10.2k hi alch, rip.

10.8k actually. And they still don't even sell for that.

New onyx bolt (e) incoming.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention