24th August - The Light Within

Sylpheed

Did some testing @ Grenwalls WITHOUT Dxp.

Raf (10%)

Yakt stick (5%)

Ava (3%)

Crystalize is 880k xp an hour in hunter.

Hopefully this and fming at jadinko lair don't get nerfed Anytime soon.

Also FashionScape:

All players who have not previously unlocked cosmetic skill pendants can now claim them from Diango for free.

Kinda sad about it tho since I've had my Slayer Pendant with my Slayer Cape as an override for a while and it's unique.

Tangential but related:

Following on from my Cywir ideas in spoiler tags up above, I ended up making my first ever RuneLabs idea - Go and read my ramblings and support the Cwyir love! or not y'know whatever....meanies!

Edit to add some more on topicness:

Kinda love Seren's opinions post quest. Like historically in vague lore Zaros was always all rage and war and vengance and Seren was all peace love and cupcakes. But you bring Zaros back ask him about the other gods and hes all like 'eh stoof happpens'

Bring Seren back and woah has she got views!

She wants to kill Zammy and Sliske.

She's openly pleased that Bandos died

She's chummy with Brassica.

She thought Arma was a drip but he's changed.

She also seems to follow player opinion (on the whole) with Sara of he means well but hes arrogant and egotistcal and therefore has fallen way off course, but maybe could be saved.

Seren telling it like it is!

But to be serious this quest does have some short fallings imho:

I'm all for no hand holding, but parts of it were kinda vague to the extreme for no real purpose.

For example the ingredients for the crystal tree pot, only actually even get a vague idea of what they are by looking in quest log.

Then actually finding them is a bit of a nonsensical guess job - one grows in the forest oh great that place covered in mushrooms, way to keep it vague.

Other one tree-folk? Treants? Could you maybe at least once give reference to them as the name they are actually called by since you gave no other info?

And the final puzzle to 'shine light on the fracture crystals, bye' between that lack of explanation, the unclear layout of 'rings' and the very random way the rings effect each other ti became less about puzzle solving and more about click stuff til something happens.

Also it felt so small that collecting the 'main' pieces of Seren equated to 5 stones - Kinda expected it to be more like 10-12 main pieces 1-8 for each clan.

9 Would've been Haluned/Dark Lord

10 Would've been a piece for the Cywir (not actually with them initially but like it was drawn to the gate as it wanted to be with them and maybe played a role in opening the gate)

11 would've then been Eluned cause, yeah like we didn't see that coming.

12 would've been a 'wild card' like maybe we had to remake a piece for the crystal on the home world more literally.

[hide]Personally I wouldn't think that the Cywir would have a shard of Seren simply because they were in Tariddad and did not follow her to Gielinor. Only in Gielinor did she shatter herself and give shards to each clan group.

We did have to go back to Tariddad to get enough crystal to finish her body though, kinda like getting packing peanuts to finish off a box of goods.

Also Sy, how did you rebuild Seren? Which crystals did you include? Perhaps she has different opinions regarding eg the gods based on your input.[/hide]

Also,

[hide]found the obligatory trans NPC in this quest[/hide]

I put everything in her - I assume the dakr crystal might've had a personality impact whilst Eluned seems to be pure cosmetic.

Also yeah I didn't mean the Cywir actually had a crystal - I just meant like there was a major fragment that was trying to reach them. Like one of the 'lost' ones the 8 clans didn't have was like the embodiment of guilt or some such ballpark and it therefore was drawn to the world gate seeking the Cywir and could've proved a useful tool in breaking the seal blocking us from entering that world (instead of one of the lords being like I haz ideas but i r not going with you...oh look it's gone!)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Also,

[hide=Not actually spoilers but it sort of relates to them so]

Consider my interest piqued. Do tell.

[/hide]

[hide]One character is revealed, in post-quest lore, to be glad she's no longer a boy. This was probably requested by the person who suggested this quest in RuneLabs.[/hide]

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Could it be you can no longer make flatpackd in your poh if you have a full inventory? (despite the items in your inventory being used to make the flatpack)

Bit annoying you have to drop/pick up one in order to continue.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

Does anyone know if the t80 crystal hybrid armor has offensive stats? This seems like a good option for DKs, TDs and KK over Warpriest.

You shouldn't use Warpriest at Tormented Demons. In fact, even if tier 99 hybrid potato armor was released, using this hybrid potato armor would be like wearing raids tank gear while killing dummies. Unless you have 900 ping, you should pretty much be able to survive simply by prayer switching (especially since most people only use two spots, if that, and thus never should be attacked by more than one demon). Soulsplit, Blood fury necklace, and Elite enhanced excalibur provide more than enough passive healing. An argument may be made for Tuska Warpriest, but it's lower DPS than even regular Void... The only non-Void armor I could suggest at Tormented Demons would be Dragonrider if you don't have an attuned ectoplasmator and the demon horn necklace to have basically infinite prayer points*.

Of course, I can't speak for the other two you mentioned, but I wouldn't be surprised if Warpriest is considered welfare gear even there.

*: You could kill nearly 5,000 Tormented Demons in one trip with these two items. In fact, your weapons will be long degraded before your ectoplasmator is depleted...

ozXHe7P.png

Does anyone know if the t80 crystal hybrid armor has offensive stats? This seems like a good option for DKs, TDs and KK over Warpriest.

You shouldn't use Warpriest at Tormented Demons. In fact, even if tier 99 hybrid potato armor was released, using this hybrid potato armor would be like wearing raids tank gear while killing dummies. Unless you have 900 ping, you should pretty much be able to survive simply by prayer switching (especially since most people only use two spots, if that, and thus never should be attacked by more than one demon). Soulsplit, Blood fury necklace, and Elite enhanced excalibur provide more than enough passive healing. An argument may be made for Tuska Warpriest, but it's lower DPS than even regular Void... The only non-Void armor I could suggest at Tormented Demons would be Dragonrider if you don't have an attuned ectoplasmator and the demon horn necklace to have basically infinite prayer points*.

Of course, I can't speak for the other two you mentioned, but I wouldn't be surprised if Warpriest is considered welfare gear even there.

*: You could kill nearly 5,000 Tormented Demons in one trip with these two items. In fact, your weapons will be long degraded before your ectoplasmator is depleted...

I had more trouble surviving with Warpriest than with Void @ DKS. At KK we just take 2 styles with power armour as the kills are swift and food doesn't matter as they are quite common.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

In the bts video, didn't they have a clip with the elves outside the max guild?

Me thinks they previously had a requirement of a single 99 for this quest.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Also,

[/hide]

[hide]One character is revealed, in post-quest lore, to be glad she's no longer a boy. This was probably requested by the person who suggested this quest in RuneLabs.[/hide]

spoilers [hide]Specifically its Angof. You don't need to wait until post-quest, just read the journal in her house. She used her shapeshifting powers to turn female[/hide]

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

In the bts video, didn't they have a clip with the elves outside the max guild?

Me thinks they previously had a requirement of a single 99 for this quest.

That's from the Prifddinas intro video I think

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I had more trouble surviving with Warpriest than with Void @ DKS. At KK we just take 2 styles with power armour as the kills are swift and food doesn't matter as they are quite common.

I don't have void yet. I like Warpriest bc with slayer helm the only switching I have to do is weapon. And TDs change after 1-2 hits with t90 so no point in having to switch helm+weap every few ticks.

When the junkies .. erm excuse me shapeshifters swap forms they count as a new monster. There is a rare occurrence where you somehow kill the old and the new form at the same time and they drop 4 (heck I had a couple of 6) crystals.

Can anyone thing of a way to use this "knowledge" to effectively cut the farm in half ... ?

When the junkies .. erm excuse me shapeshifters swap forms they count as a new monster. There is a rare occurrence where you somehow kill the old and the new form at the same time and they drop 4 (heck I had a couple of 6) crystals.

Can anyone thing of a way to use this "knowledge" to effectively cut the farm in half ... ?

I'd advise against pursuing this as it is quite obviously a bug that this can occur and intentionally bug abusing is against the rules.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Having to kill 2500 of them is them obviously intentionally abusing me ...

Not to mention, if you manage to pull it off they keep fighting for another hit or two, which is clearly unfair - I've killed it, it should just accept its demise and stop fighting :D

Guthix himself said it - dont trust them if they can come back from the dead.

Some dude has found a way to attack them without them retaliating which is even worse than my "findings" :D

==================================================

It's not like I don't suffer from that same bug that makes me a bit happy when I see a 4 crystal drop.

Sometimes when they change form (and they do regardless of what shit I try to pull out) my character keeps searching for the "old" monster while the new one pummels him into submission. I am semi afking those and I have to personally engage in combat again or just wait for the "old" one to disappear.

If you kill them and it just happens thats fine, its a bug and you did nothing to cause it.

If you actively try to find ways to use that "knowledge" to speed things up, as per your original post, then that is intentional bug abuse that you should not be pursuing as you are purposefully trying to abuse the fact its doing something wrong and actively make it go wrong more frequently for your own gains.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Something is wrong because of their sloppy coding. They've already made monsters that switch style depending on what you do.

What makes those so special that they had to change how it works?

They are so bugged it's funny. If they drop an elder seed they drop 3 crystals ... + a regular drop. Which means that every time they drop an elder seed you've killed them twice: they drop 1 crystal when you kill them and another 1 when the dead animation ends and they always drop only 1 other drop (before the dead animation). With the elder seed it means you've killed them, they dropped the other drop then they died again dropping a crystal + the seed but without a second dead animation ...

This is so badly done, the code of the game itself is trying to kill itself.

Also,

[/hide]

spoilers [hide]Specifically its Angof. You don't need to wait until post-quest, just read the journal in her house. She used her shapeshifting powers to turn female[/hide]
Shouldn't you technically say "he" because at the time this power was performed they were technically male?

Also, does this bit need spoiler tags?

As for the quest coding, anyone else have mental images of the people working on SGS items are working in a brightly lit office full of freshly made coffee/tea while quest work is being done by two poor guys in a badly ventilated storage closet?

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

Shield dome should have a 2 minute timer so you know when you get the full effect again.

You also shouldn't be able to have someone use the spell near you to remove your first 25%.

I would much rather see it as a 0 adr basic ability with a 2 minute cooldiwn and 30 second channel

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

[hide]Whenever I feel bad about sacrificing Eluned I use this picture to remind myself that it was the kindest thing I could have done for her Y9Z8iRx.png[/hide]

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

[hide]Whenever I feel bad about sacrificing Eluned I use this picture to remind myself that it was the kindest thing I could have done for her Y9Z8iRx.png[/hide]

I kinda felt they really mis-handled/sold the Eluned stuff. We never really formed any sort of connection with her earlier in the series she was just this elf that was around to recharge stuff and then she got a bit weird with her in city dialogue and the whole obviously same model as Haluned stuff. Then within the quest itself I kinda felt like why are the Lords all like omg yes must be complete go fetch that stone that was Haluend, but then it comes to Eluned and they are like THERE MUST BE ANOTHER WAY!j"j"

I was just like please you old farts you made a good case that Seren ought to be complete when you wanted me to stick the dark lord in what exact motivation do I now have to not put an obviously good part of Seren in?!?! Also like have you seen the pictures? Gurl needs her floaty crown thing so buhbye Eluned.

Sidebar - Was it just me that was super annoyed that they managed to use old-model original Seren in the psychic vision things at first but then some how failed to use that model in the flashback to Seren and Zarois the early years?!?! It's like yeah its not even that you were just lazy like with say Sara quest and only bothered to use the new model even though canon wise the old model should be used. You literally used the old model for her psychic projection and THEN couldn't be bothered to use it in the flashback where it contextually should be.

• Like 3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Also,

[/hide]

Shouldn't you technically say "he" because at the time this power was performed they were technically male?

Also, does this bit need spoiler tags?

As for the quest coding, anyone else have mental images of the people working on SGS items are working in a brightly lit office full of freshly made coffee/tea while quest work is being done by two poor guys in a badly ventilated storage closet?

Generally I tend to use the gender they consider themselves to be if they don't personally tell me otherwise. Although, there are different ways to do it, and I'm not sure any one way is more correct than the other.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

for the most part, this scripted event is mostly useful to disrupt your fighting every dang time when they want to swap

however, there are certain...interesting behaviors displayed when you force them to switch to melee

about: gender

in this specific case, since the npc is a woman, the npc is a woman

full stop

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg