Do YOU believe in God?

Gingi

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, I believe in what I really believe, not in what other people made up.

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

i believe in god with all my heart and soul! I mean look at the bible for instance all those prophecys and such ALL came true, and i mean THERES NO PROOF AGAINST IT! I would die for him, and my heart bleads for those who dont share the love for him tht i have.

how can u not believe in GOD......
I am probably wondering the same thing about how people CAN belive in a god. The above post by logic-is-overrated is good, read it again.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

i believe in god with all my heart and soul! I mean look at the bible for instance all those prophecys and such ALL came true, and i mean THERES NO PROOF AGAINST IT! I would die for him, and my heart bleads for those who dont share the love for him tht i have.
I'm sorry to ask but can you please give some examples where the bible has prophesised something which has come true?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

there are many reasons y people can believe in god. for one I had ecoli when i was 1 and was lieing on my death bed, doctors were sure i was going to die, but i amazingly recovered docotors were shocked! How can things like that just happen? Also i mean how could we just appear here, even Darwin (the creator of evolution) before his death began a book rebuking all he wrote. Not many people releaze that. THE ONE TIHNG I CANT STAND IS THE BOOK THE DIVINI CODE!

there are many things i mean the main one was the death of jesus, but of course you have to believe the bible to agree with that. If i wanted to skim the bible i could find many more. dont get me wrong you have a right to believe what you want, im just sayin my opinion.

there are many reasons y people can believe in god. for one I had ecoli when i was 1 and was lieing on my death bed, doctors were sure i was going to die, but i amazingly recovered docotors were shocked! How can things like that just happen? Also i mean how could we just appear here, even Darwin (the creator of evolution) before his death began a book rebuking all he wrote. Not many people releaze that. THE ONE TIHNG I CANT STAND IS THE BOOK THE DIVINI CODE!

When I was young I was seriously ill and had to go to hospital, except when I recovered it wasnt some miricle it was because of the incredibly hard work by doctors and nurses and its disrespectful to them to claim that some "god" was the one who saved me and not them.

The "Lady Hope Story", published in 1915 is one of many documents the made claims Darwin converted on his sickbed. Such stories are propagated by Christian groups despite them being nothing more than urban legends and the claims have always been refuted by Darwin's children and historians.

And why hate on the Da Vinci Code? Yeah its a pretty badly written book and it translated awfully onto the big screen but its only a book and its never claimed to be anything other than a work of fiction. A spokes person for the Vatican once said... "This book is everywhere! There is a very real risk that many people who read it will belive the fables contained in it are true. It astonishes and worries me that so many people believe these lies." and you know something?... I don't know if he was talking about Dan Browns book or the Bible

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

When I was young I was seriously ill and had to go to hospital, except when I recovered it wasnt some miricle it was because of the incredibly hard work by doctors and nurses and its disrespectful to them to claim that some "god" was the one who saved me and not them.

To bad their had work killed everyone else. Face it, our so called medical technology is not so great. People still die, a lot. Mostly from mistakes from docters such as over doing chemotherpy on subjects. Many times over surgury. Why do you think doctors are leaving? Everyone is sueing them for their stupid mistakes....

Also there are many things prophized in the bible that continue to come true to this day. If im not mistaken, even the falling of the two towers was mentioned. Its in Revalation or Isaih (I dont know how to spell.... :cry: ) If anyone is interested in the exact words im sure I can look it up...

MisticLegends.com

The "underconstruction" MMORPG

To bad their had work killed everyone else. Face it, our so called medical technology is not so great. People still die, a lot. Mostly from mistakes from docters such as over doing chemotherpy on subjects. Many times over surgury. Why do you think doctors are leaving? Everyone is sueing them for their stupid mistakes....

What are you talking about? Patents rarely die of errors by doctors, its nearly always other problems that were not diagnosed earler. I have never heard of people dieing from chemotherpy, the canncer yes but the chemo no. Over surgury is what Michael Jackson has, maby 100 years ago some of this might have been true but with a surgury costing 10-100 thousand, I highly dbout doctors are cuthappy anymore. Also E. coli is not that rare of a condition its not even hard to live. The bacteria lives within your body already so you build a small resistance to it.

Also there are many things prophized in the bible that continue to come true to this day. If im not mistaken, even the falling of the two towers was mentioned. Its in Revalation or Isaih (I dont know how to spell.... :cry: ) If anyone is interested in the exact words im sure I can look it up...
That was Nostrodomis, if it does then its some vague quote going "and the unbelievers destroied the white towers". The Bible is also of sufficent length that it would not be surprising that it would contrain a quote remotly simular to 9/11.

i belive in god but i realy dont want to go into a huge topic about my belefs.lets just say i tie in science and religion.also i think its possible to think yourself out of existance.(if you want an explanation just pm me and i will tell you).

Guest GhostRanger

The "Lady Hope Story", published in 1915 is one of many documents the made claims Darwin converted on his sickbed. Such stories are propagated by Christian groups despite them being nothing more than urban legends and the claims have always been refuted by Darwin's children and historians.

And why hate on the Da Vinci Code? Yeah its a pretty badly written book and it translated awfully onto the big screen but its only a book and its never claimed to be anything other than a work of fiction. A spokes person for the Vatican once said... "This book is everywhere! There is a very real risk that many people who read it will belive the fables contained in it are true. It astonishes and worries me that so many people believe these lies." and you know something?... I don't know if he was talking about Dan Browns book or the Bible

You don't believe in God, that's fine. I'm okay with the fact that you don't believe in God - that's your choice and your belief. But I think it's kind of disrespectful to someone's belief to call it "lies" and to say they are being disrespectful to others by believing what they do. Because you don't have the same faith that I and others have, you will never understand it. So you will never understand how we view the world. Calling our belief "lies" is just as disrespectful as the religious right who persecutes homosexuals and people of non-faith. There are extremes on both sides and we should learn to respect each other's beliefs more.

If you read my post again you will se that I quoted someone else using the word "lies", it wasnt me. And if you want to know more about who said it you can go here to see his wikipedia entry and here to read the article on the bbc

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Options

~Belive in God

~Heven

~Hell (Souls will burn for an eturnity, etc.) <- Non believers sent there...

~Dont Believe in God

~Nothingness <--- they go there

I see a similarty dont you?

Dont believe me on the doctors? Around 10% of cancer patients died because they have chmeo dont to many times on them. Thats just from looking for 10 seconds...

MisticLegends.com

Options

~Belive in God

~Heven

~Hell (Souls will burn for an eturnity, etc.) <- Non believers sent there...

~Dont Believe in God

~Nothingness <--- they go there

I see a similarty dont you?

Dont believe me on the doctors? Around 10% of cancer patients died because they have chmeo dont to many times on them. Thats just from looking for 10 seconds...

*sigh* yet another variation of pascals wager...

If there was a "there" then it wouldnt be "nothingness".

And I presume you mean non-belivers when you say "they". But belivers of what? I mean as a Christian you are going to the Islamic hell with me too right?

And what of all the cancer patients who refuse medical treatment and instead opt for prayer and "miricle" cure from god? I await a source for that statistic you posted by the way.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I can now see why you were instantly ignorant to my posts now Merciful, and I would be too with the kind of people that you have to deal with that come onto this thread and say things like:

"Im a christian, but I don't know if Jesus was real or not"

or evolution wannabies not knowing the first thing about evolution but beliveing in it.

People need to be 100% sure in what they believe in, learn everything about what they believe in, and accept any consequenses that may come from that(E.g don't believe in God, go to hell if real. Believe in God all life to find out he isn't real etc). Evolutionists and believers both do not like people who sit on the fence, or go for both sides. Pick a side, and go to it.

Couldn't the logic of Pascals Wager be applied to a variety of supernatural beings?

E.X: Do you believe in the Easter Bunny? Why not? If he's real then you get lots of Easter eggs. If he's not then what do you lose? Do you believe in the tooth fairy? Why not? If she's real then she'll leave you money. If she's not then what do you lose. Santa Claus? If he's real you get presents, if not then what do you lose?

And how can a person of religion say that if their religion turns out to be false and their is no hell that they have lost nothing? Most religions have a variety of traditions and rituals. Offering, going to church, prayers, fasts, denying yourself of various secular pleasures, etc. Many religions, if not all of them, require fundamental changes in lifestyle, behavior, way of thinking, and outlook on the world. If religion turns out to be false then that person of religion has devoted his or her entire life to a lie. The only life they will ever have. Not exactly a small loss.

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

... I don't know if he was talking about Dan Browns book or the Bible

If you read my post again you will se that I quoted someone else using the word "lies", it wasnt me.

You are so full of it man.

Nice try though. :wink:

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Ok here, im going to dare you.

Can you find a single contradiction in the whole bible? Can you find a single thing that doesnt agree with the history of the earth?

Tell me what you find out.....I cant wait for the answers....

People have spent millions of dollars and 10+ years of their life trying to prove that the bible is wrong, a great giant lie...

MisticLegends.com

Can you find a single contradiction in the whole bible? Can you find a single thing that doesnt agree with the history of the earth?

There has never been a universal flood and that dude didn't cross the Red Sea with all the jews.

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

There has never been a universal flood and that dude didn't cross the Red Sea with all the jews.

That dude would be Moses. :wink: And, actually, gandalf that's a tough question. I can think of many inconsistencies that, at first glance, seem to be odd and contradictory. Be careful what you ask for.

Oh, by the way, I just read C.S. Lewis' argument against evolution. It's quite interesting...not even scientific. Based purely on logic. I love it! :D

I'm currently transitioning from a Wizard to a Mage and a Priest to an Archpriest. Lol both are nonexistant in the top 25. Hopefully I can change that. :D

That dude would be Moses. :wink: And, actually, gandalf that's a tough question. I can think of many inconsistencies that, at first glance, seem to be odd and contradictory. Be careful what you ask for.
If the Bible contains inconsistencies and contradictions, how can you believe it to be the word of a perfect god? To hold a book written by a human to such a high standard as to be perfect is unreasonable, since, as a human, he is prone to error. But I don't think it's unfair to hold a book that is supposedly inspired by God on which millions of people base their lives to such a high standard.

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.