Barrows and time? (read, maybe an important discovery!)

Melter

Now before you read on, this is just a theory, this maybe just based on some extreme luck but still worth invstigating.

Everyone thinks, that to get a good item at barrows, you need to kill all 6 brothers and open the chest as fast as possible. This theory maybe completley wrong, as jagex has not confirmed it in anyway (nor did they prove it wrong).

One of my trips at barrows, my magic kept hitting 0s, and eventually i killed 5 brothers and torag was my hidden tunnel. I got my kill count to 9 before searching for torag, adn then i went to the chest (where torag would appear when i opened it), to make things longer, the chest door was very far from me and when i got there i got the puzzle WRONG!, so then the door moved to the opposite side of where i am, making things even longer. Finally when i got to chest and killed torag, i thought I wasnt going to get anything as this trip was my longest one yet. But guess what? I got guthan helm AND body in ONE chest! it was my first double item chest! (I also got over 100 bloods and deaths!).

AND if this isnt enough evidence to investigate, here is another incedent that happened to my friend:

He was doing his trips and it was taking him longer than usual because he was tired. When he got to the tunnel to get his 6th brother, he realized he was out of prayer pots, and no more food. He was also low on health and couldnt risk losing his stuff AGAIN (lol). So he teleported out with his ectophial, and restocked. He came back and finished his trip and what did he get? DHAROK LEGS AND AHRIM TOP!!! (ALSO some good runes, although i cant remeber how many.)

---

So... does this mean the time factor has no effect, maybe the longer it takes you to do a trip the better items you get, or maybe this was just some very good luck? Either way more investigation is needed and I will investigate this when i go to barrows later.

. This theory maybe completley wrong, as jagex has not confirmed it in anyway (nor did they prove it wrong).

Not true.

The standard form letter that JaGeX sends in response to kill count querries tells all players that killing all six brothers increases your chances for getting a piece of Barrows Equipment from the chest.

On topic, you might have something, although personally, I don't think the chest remembers how long you've been there. I think it remembers kill count only.

You might want to ask JaGeX in a querry, and they might flat out tell you. :)

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

. This theory maybe completley wrong, as jagex has not confirmed it in anyway (nor did they prove it wrong).

Not true.

The standard form letter that JaGeX sends in response to kill count querries tells all players that killing all six brothers increases your chances for getting a piece of Barrows Equipment from the chest.

I don't think he's talking about the 6 brothers part of the theory, he's talking about the fastest time part. Maybe I'm wrong :oops: .

Back on topic, if what you say is true, maybe Jagex is giving you a little compensation for the time you wasted? Just a theory :)

Yes, im talking about time, not the killcount. Too many theories about KQ lol. :wink:

KQ? Kalphite-Queen? I think you mean KC.

Anyway, time has nothing to do with it. Everytime you kill any brother or monster at the barrows, their items go in the chest.

Killing all six brothers increases the chance of at least one of them dropping an item. The monsters in the tunnel drop runes only. Kill a lot of them and you will only get more runes. Time has nothing to do with it.

Offline and unavailable.

Heres another interesting story....

Well i was doing barrows with ancients, basically i got 3 hit by guthan (lol) lost alot of crap (ahrims, blah blah etc.)

I didn't do barrows for a while then came back, finished up the brothers, got a kill count around 20, then oppened the chest and got Dharok Legs....

The monsters in the tunnel drop runes only. Kill a lot of them and you will only get more runes. Time has nothing to do with it.

Not true:

Each brother will drop one of the following:

300-ish mind runes

120-ish chaos runes

80-ish death runes

40-ish blood runes

38-ish bolt racks

half key

dragon med

100-1600 coins

The monsters drop only minimum coins. The more monsters you kill, the better your chances of getting better runes from the brothers.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

Well I started a trip last year sometime lol. Killed 3 brothers with mage and then died and havn't been back since so when I complete the chest I will be happy to post my results, though don't count on it since it'll take a while for me to get armour and range and mage stuff for the other 3 brothers lol.

put him in jail

Then i'll just wait for him to drop the e-soap

I don't think time has anything to do with it but what's weird is when i do barrows using ancient magic (ice blitz + tele to canfis) i average an item about once every 10 trips or so, but when i use the slayer dart method (slayer dart + elf crystal+ ectophial) i average an item about about once every 3 trips. And obviously i get the trips done quicker using ice blitz, so ur theory might be true :?

ironmwccape,you%20lose%20now.gif

you%20lose%20now.gif

I had it happen quite a few times in a row, everytime a ghast caught me and rotted 1 of my food I got a good item from the chest. :P I don't seriously think that that plays a role in the treasure you get, but sometimes it's fun to be superstitious. I think that this theory probably fits in there somewhere. :)

sig_trippy2.jpg

Why should we buy postage stamps when we can make our own?

aperson being

i asked jagex about this and they said time has NOTHING to do with the reward - it is TOTALLY luck

Then apparently they just contradicted themselves, because they have admitted that killing all 6 brothers does increase the chance of a drop, and thus it is not "TOTALLY luck".

Random generator work on alot of parameters include time of day but also include memory stats, system run time and so on...

But they don't use only random # they have lists of drops or use statistic equations to make the drops rare (or not common).

I have a good story to tell you about barrows:

I was on World 78 (I think) I did barrows trip. Killed all 6 brothers went to the chest and got Vercas Skirt.

After like 1 min : Server crushed and there was roll back like 5-7 min back.

Found myself after only 1 kill (Vercas if that metter) and no Vercas drop in inventory. Got mad and start killing everyone again. Got to the chest and got Vercas Helm this time. Went to bank it and again server crushed.

This time found myself after 5 brothers kills in the tunnels. Found the last one (was Daharok) killed him and went to chest. Got Daharok plate teleport and log off before server crush again :)

My theory is that when you kill each brother you get and flag that say you got borrows item or you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t. When you get to the chest there is a random number that say what item you get.

ThatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s my theory.

Visit my web-site http://www.saam007.com.

Where you can find: Runescape Home Designer, Runescape Farming Tool, Runescape Sudoku Solver and how to pay membership while playing.

Random generator work on alot of parameters include time of day but also include memory stats, system run time and so on...

But they don't use only random # they have lists of drops or use statistic equations to make the drops rare (or not common).

I have a good story to tell you about barrows:

I was on World 78 (I think) I did barrows trip. Killed all 6 brothers went to the chest and got Vercas Skirt.

After like 1 min : Server crushed and there was roll back like 5-7 min back.

Found myself after only 1 kill (Vercas if that metter) and no Vercas drop in inventory. Got mad and start killing everyone again. Got to the chest and got Vercas Helm this time. Went to bank it and again server crushed.

This time found myself after 5 brothers kills in the tunnels. Found the last one (was Daharok) killed him and went to chest. Got Daharok plate teleport and log off before server crush again :)

My theory is that when you kill each brother you get and flag that say you got borrows item or you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t. When you get to the chest there is a random number that say what item you get.

ThatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s my theory.

Lol, that was awesome.

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]