Oblivion!

indy500fan

It's quite easy to work you're way around capital city. All the things are so clearly marked, and you can fast travel from one sector to the other...It's hard to get lost when the things are called "Arena" and "Market" and "Jail" or something to that effect.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its IMPERIAL city.. :P
But isn't it the capital of...Wait, is it Cyrodill we're playing in? (I almost called it Faerun...)

Anyways...I'm nearly done the Mage's Guild, I have a lot of money (and seemingly very limited Magicka...It's only 230 or someone, and I'm a Breton) I run faster than most horses (speed=110, birthsign=steed) and I'm level 24.

I'm just about ready to start the main quest!

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

its IMPERIAL city.. :P

and no its easy to navigate.

imperial city = capital of cyrodiil. can call washington dc "washington dc" or the capital, its the same thing.

yep, it is easy to navigate. the map helps out a ton, but after exploring some of it it all falls together very logically.

did anyone find a good place to sell your loot yet?

and how many people are doing the thirnroot quest? a tip for those who are: dont look for the thirnroots. just pick them up when ever you see one. much less frustrating that way. i do have 17 on me, along with 10 the guy already took, and i got all but three by traveling around the water surronding imperial city. almost completely done, travelled the whole inside, have about 1/4 of the outside left.

and has anyone been to the border yet? just want to know if they randomize skyrim any, my nord may have to take a day or two vacation there for role playings sake :D

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I think it's time to bump this topic :lol:

I play on the Xbox 360, When I started playing I used Dorian's House Glitch for money, only to return to his house at lvl 5 to relize the body is no longer there.. :?

So now i'm lvl 11 Nord, Finished the Arena Quest and about 20 other ones, not including the ones to enter the Guilds.

Im 55 Armourer ( only decent non-combatish skill.. ) and I am in Mage's Guild, Thieve's Guild, Fighters Guild, Dark Brotherhood, amd i've done a little bit of the main quest.

I need to learn how to earn money without duping items ....please someone help me with this.. 8)

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

You'll start earning money once you get to a higher level. My advice is to kill bandits, take their armor and sell it. As they level up with you, you'll make more money from their armor once you hit about level 20 or so. (since they'll start to carry glass, elven, dwarven, or daedric armor and weapons)

The arena is also a really good place to make money. Just fight the animals in there. The higher your level, the more money you'll make.

My character is level 35. I've beaten the main quest, the thieves guild, the mages guild, the arena, and the dark brotherhood quests.

Try and beat the main quest. The ending is well worth it.

3898000bYVcx.png

You'll start earning money once you get to a higher level. My advice is to kill bandits, take their armor and sell it. As they level up with you, you'll make more money from their armor once you hit about level 20 or so. (since they'll start to carry glass, elven, dwarven, or daedric armor and weapons)

The arena is also a really good place to make money. Just fight the animals in there. The higher your level, the more money you'll make.

My character is level 35. I've beaten the main quest, the thieves guild, the mages guild, the arena, and the dark brotherhood quests.

Try and beat the main quest. The ending is well worth it.

Thannks for the tip, but I know bandits arent labled on the map like they are in Runescape, And I only see them while riding my horse to a certain area, got a good place to kill them?

IrreIephant.png

^ capital i

I would say that alchemy is a good way of making money. First of all, you can just steal the ingredients from any house, to make restore fatigue potions. Once you get good enough, just sell these to make money -- it's even worth going to places that sell foodstuffs and buying these, then selling the potions you make with them.

Am I the only one vaguely dissapointed with poisons?

Well, I do alot of traveling. I know there is an Ayleid ruin on the road to Chorrol from the Imperial city that is crawling with them (outside). And there are alot on the road to Bravil and Leyawiin from the Imperial city. Alot of them stay near the roads.

3898000bYVcx.png

its your game, so you can use cheats or glitches if you want, but i found i got a lot more out of games i dont cheat at, and there is tons to get out of this game, so dont cheat :lol: . but like i said, your choice, you can if you want.

thanks for bumping the topic, i was just about to do that. ahh, so much to say i dont know where to start. you said you are low on money, so ill start there. join the theives guild, and do their quests. those quests are good ways to get sneak levels, as well as items to increase your sneak level. sneak around behind someone, preferebly at night, and pick their key out of there pocket. go into their house, and take everything. and i mean everything except the items worth 0 gold. still can get pretty good trips out of just that stuff.

thats if you just want money quick, i never did that. i havent really explored or done anything on my own yet (65 hours into it), ive just been following quests. i am the top of the arena, thieves, fighters, mages, and dark brotherhood. i think i ran out of money once, and that was because i started training skills at the trainers. normally i dont do that till i have a lot saved, but this time i did. now i have more money that i can spend, and i usually just leave the loot laying around if i am too full. dont know how many daedric warhammers (worth 5k) ive just left go.

i did the thieves guild quests first, and let me tell you what, those were some hard times. id have to plan out every single attack of just one person, and it would take forever, and id almost always die the first try. after that thought, the dark brotherhood quests were slightly easier. still a lot of rough points though. fighters guild had a lot of really easy parts because of my insane sneaking skills, but a few hard parts because i didnt have much to go with once they found me. mages guild was basically a walk through. i had a whole dungeon once where no one ever saw me. sneak up behind person, swing, they die. i love that x6 multiplier. arena went back to being really tough, but i had decent other stats to get by.

so 60 hours into it i am the head of all the guilds, level 26, and have done quite a few other quests. my computer finally has a working video card in it yesterday, so i decided it was time to start the main quest. yes, thats right, just yesterday i started the main quest. that was NOT a good idea to wait this long. i went into the oblivion gate still marvelling at the new graphics setting i was able to use, when two xialaasdf (starts with an x, has an i and an a in it) come up and kill me, it was no contest. i barely got a swing in. so i took it more cautiously the next time, and 3 hours and 40 strong potions later, i finally get just one oblivion gate shut. its going to be pretty hard for me now, but it will be fun. and then there are some other dremora people type things inside the towers in oblivion, those things are in full daedric and are really, really hard to kill. i just leave the loot now, no point in picking it up anymore.

well, i would type more, but no one is even going to read that, and i have homework. (which explains why i havent been able to play oblivion at all today...)

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Yeah. It's definately a good idea to start the main quest while you're on a lower level. :( Otherwise, you have daedroths, Xvilia, and spider daedra to deal with... but, here's a good tip when you're dealing the spider daedra, flame, frost, and storm antronaches, and daedroths:

Cuirass of Savior's Hide!

You can get it from doing the Hircine quest. It protects you from all magic. The Shrine of Hircine is located just south of the Imperial City, halfway between there and Bravil. You need the pelt of a wolf to offer at the shrine, and the quest Hircine gives you is an easy one. You have to kill a Unicorn and bring him the horn. The Unicorn isn't even far from the shrine at all.

Yes. Alchemy is a good way to make money, but, first you have to be good at it, and second, you have to have good equipment for it. And the Master level apparatus things are really hard to come by.

3898000bYVcx.png

or you could just go 100% chemeloen and shoot people.. :) and watch them run in terror..

*also fun with a parlysis staff

:lol: I tried to kill the Gray Fox once... He just ran away like a little baby. :D

3898000bYVcx.png

or you could just go 100% chemeloen and shoot people.. :) and watch them run in terror..

*also fun with a parlysis staff

:lol: I tried to kill the Gray Fox once... He just ran away like a little baby. :D

did you do the entire thieves guild yet :P

and ive heard about these "shrine" things, theres even things in all the chapels for them, but i dont know anythign about them.

and ive found three of the master alchemy things, but ive never done alchemy before (in oblivion or morrowind). but seeing how much potions are, and how much ingredients are, i could see how you could make a nice profit.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

How do you get 100% Chemleaon (sp)..

I have my dwarven cuirass 10% chemleaon, from the Seige On whatever city it is, I can never remember any of the city names...

and also, id like to train on bandits, but I cant afford a house to put my extra heavy armour from dueling arena thing in, so i wouldnt be able to pick up the loot and sell it, because id be over encumbered (sp)

IrreIephant.png

^ capital i

I gotta say this game is moderately good, but I wouldn't consider it to be great.

After playing roughly 75-80 hours, beating all the major quest lines (except arena, that's not really quests though), and having both an extremely high level mage and a high level thief/fighter, I gotta say it really wasn't that great. If I hadn't paid so damn much (80 bucks after tax), I would have put it down long ago, but decided to get the most out of it as was possible. All the dungeons are just too tedious, none of the quest streams were particularly fun (the main quest was extremely disappointing, dark brotherhood had a few good ones: it was the best). It just wasn't particularly fun, and it's said that people played 1500 hours of Morrowwind. Doing that in Oblivion would be absolute torture. It was just a bit too tedious, the map was far too big, as it was filled with pretty much nothing of interest.

The graphics are probably good, but since I played it on a low level (due to computer ungreatness), I had good framerates, but didn't fully enjoy the graphics. So when you don't play with graphics you start to realise the mediocrity of the game.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

step 1.

get access to the arcane university through mages guild.

step 2.

get a chemeleon spell

step 3

enchant 4 peices of armour with it at the arcane uni.

and also, id like to train on bandits, but I cant afford a house to put my extra heavy armour from dueling arena thing in, so i wouldnt be able to pick up the loot and sell it, because id be over encumbered (sp)

Just leave it behind. There's cabinets in the arena basement you can get another one free when you want to fight in arena.
bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

I installed this game last monday I think it was, and I've got about 55hrs of game time clocked up already (not including the time spent redoing stuff from when Windows has crashed :x).

I think I can safely say that it's a good game. Never played Morrowwind or anything like before I played Oblivion so as a first impression, not bad at all.

And I'll agree with Mr_Putter that the map is rather big and filled with fairly pointless nothing-ness.

Although, I can't say I find that to be a bad thing. I would've disliked it more if everything was squished up togerther (like in Runescape) :-?

The only thing that really nerks me was the rewards from some quests.

Especially what you got at the end of the Dark Brotherhood questline.

That was a real slap in the face :x

And the only thing I've learnt is go the theives guild first. Being able to pay half the fine is a good thing.

I got attacked by some [bleep] outside a town, and a guard came running down and started attacking me. So I ran into Imperial City itself, figure'd I'd be safe, no dice. Had every guard from that portion of the city trying to kill me.

By the time I'd beaten them all I had a bouty of 129K. It was next to impossible to do any of the Dark Brotherhood quests after that. So I ended up in jail for 1294 days since I only had like 4K gold at the time :lol:

Does anyone know were you can get a elven bow? i need one for the marksman trainer. And what lvl the mith armor starts to show up?

unless you are at the level for elven, you probably wont see it much. there is probably a place to buy it somewhere, all i can suggest is travel to every city and look in the stores. and mith armor starts showing up relatively early, if you are using the marksman master trainer already then you should have already been through the mithral stage. are you seeing ebony, glass and daedric yet? if you are still a low level, you probably dont need to worry about getting marksman training from the master trainer, get it from some of the other marksman trainers.

By the time I'd beaten them all I had a bouty of 129K. It was next to impossible to do any of the Dark Brotherhood quests after that. So I ended up in jail for 1294 days since I only had like 4K gold at the time

:lol:

join the fighters guild, use one of the chests in there. all your items can fit in one chest, no matter what. alternatively, if you kill somebody you can use their house temporarily, just throw the stuff on the floor in a chest. other containers regenerate after a certain days sometimes, i dont think chests ever would. make sure you keep a backup save right before you drop everything, and dont copy over that particular save until you are sure the items didnt disapear. first chance you get, i would head over to imperial city market district, go into the official building there (not sure of the name off the top of my head) and buy that house for 2000. dont worry about furnishing it until later, if you do want to you could buy the storage set though. if not just toss everything on the floor, it wont dissapear in your own house.

I gotta say this game is moderately good, but I wouldn't consider it to be great.

After playing roughly 75-80 hours, beating all the major quest lines (except arena, that's not really quests though), and having both an extremely high level mage and a high level thief/fighter, I gotta say it really wasn't that great. If I hadn't paid so damn much (80 bucks after tax), I would have put it down long ago, but decided to get the most out of it as was possible. All the dungeons are just too tedious, none of the quest streams were particularly fun (the main quest was extremely disappointing, dark brotherhood had a few good ones: it was the best). It just wasn't particularly fun, and it's said that people played 1500 hours of Morrowwind. Doing that in Oblivion would be absolute torture. It was just a bit too tedious, the map was far too big, as it was filled with pretty much nothing of interest.

The graphics are probably good, but since I played it on a low level (due to computer ungreatness), I had good framerates, but didn't fully enjoy the graphics. So when you don't play with graphics you start to realise the mediocrity of the game.

it doesnt have the same fizzle (i think i just made up a word, my brains not working right now so i dont know :lol: ) as it had for me with morrowind. i think that is probably because of real life issues, but i dont know. on a scale of 1 to 10 id rate morrowind 9.8, and id probably rate oblivion 9.85. oblivion is better, i am just not nearly as addicted to it as i was to morrowind. i think the biggest reason for that was the year + i was waiting and building it up in my head, and reading all these great things about it. probably my two least favorite things about it was what was built up the most. the radiant ai sucks, putting all the bugs aside, you cant find anyone unless you have a current quest going. i dont even use the main thieves guild fence because i can never find him, and the few times he is in the hideout the option isnt there. i just use the guy in castle anvil, he has an easy schedule to remember. always in the armory except from 8 or 9 pm to 1 am. just wait till after 1 if he isnt there. the second thing i dont really hate, its just it wasnt nearly as good as it should have been. the recorded voices. you just can only do so much when you are voice acting, and even if they are good voice actors and actresses i just dont get the right feel from it. not to mention the odd things they say, like with 100 disposition and being the ruler of the guild they belong to, they will insult you randomly. ive only had it happen when walking by them, not in actual conversation. maybe they use different random lists.

im going to have to disagree with the tedious dungeons though. not the tedious part persee, i just find long dungeons more fun. there is a limit (anyone ever played TES II: Daggerfall? those are past the limit, many times over), but i think these a comfortable. longer than the ones in morrowind, about the same complexity though. i do wish they made it a little more exciting, i find a lot of them to be too similar to each other.

and with my new graphics card working (defaulted on high settings, i took away all the shadows and hdr lighting and added anti-aliasing x2, runs great) i can definently say the graphics are great. for me the biggest improvement was being able to fight with no lag, when i clicked on the mouse, my sword actually swung! on the first mouse click! may not be too big a deal to everyone else, but when you are fighting out side and in certain rooms and against certain monsters (in other words, about 3/4 of the game), many times i died because of lag. that just is stupid in an offline game. i only turned the diffuculty slider down once though, because i got ripped 5 times in a row.

im rambling again. i swear ill stop :lol: (because i just got done with my homework and im going to play oblivion) :P

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I have an ebony bow and it works fine for me. :D But, no. I don't know where to get an elven bow.

Alchemy on Oblivion is fun. I didn't much care for it on Morrowind. I really like the new combat system and stealth system though.

Someone was talking about how they couldn't afford a house to store stuff in... The house in the Waterfront District in the Imperial City is 2000. Surely you can spend that much. It's an extra 750 for the storage things though.

I'm going to download the mod in which it stops the bandits and other stuff from leveling up with you. That's really the only annoying thing about Oblivion to me. Every single time I go out to get ingredients, I have to fight eighty epic battles with godlike bandits. It's annoying. :x Especially for someone who likes Marksman. You always have to go out and buy more arrows, and it gets so expensive.

I thought the ending of the main quest was amazing to be honest. And you get that cool armor as well. :D

If anything the Dark Brotherhood quest made me a little sad at the end. I didn't want them to kill Lucien Lachance...

3898000bYVcx.png

I'm going to download the mod in which it stops the bandits and other stuff from leveling up with you. That's really the only annoying thing about Oblivion to me. Every single time I go out to get ingredients, I have to fight eighty epic battles with godlike bandits. It's annoying. Mad Especially for someone who likes Marksman. You always have to go out and buy more arrows, and it gets so expensive.

Haha, what's your bow like - just a plain ebony bow?

My bow does 25 shock dmg and weakens shock resistance 50% on strike - when it has charges.

And has a dmg rating of 13 when at 100% durability.

If I sneak attack, I can drop any monster / person with 1 hit. With or without resistance to shock.

And that's all with Marksman of 68 (i think it's lv 58 w/out items equiped).