Oblivion!

indy500fan

Maybe I should get to morrowind (Only have the expansions for my xbox version though :( )

I dont think I ever got any farther than a very rich level 3 in either version >.<

I might just get to it before chronicles of rid[bleep] and UC2

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: Also for who asked me what kind of video card im using, i think this is the one that will be in the computer, from what ive read on the site, ya, its probably one of the best: NVIDIA GeForce FX series

well, my current video card is a geforce fx 5500, the best pci card i could find. with all the video setting turned down to nothing (view distance down to the bottom, doesnt render until you get within 10 feet of something) running at 640x480 i was barely getting maybe 15 fps. thats why i spent $635 to upgrade my computer :P

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

omg cant belive people are already finnishing the guild quests and waht not.... im only gonna do the main quest when i start, and travel around, i want to know how to get to each of the big cities.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

It's generally a good idea (at least in Morrowind and this) to do guild quests alongside the main one. That way the main quests are never incredibly hard because you've levelled up already (not so they're pointlessly easy, mind).

To me, the best part of this game isn't the incredible graphics, or the great new combat dynamic - it's the 500% extra story compared to Morrowind. Everything has a story behind it and they are all compelling, especially the main quest.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

I joined somewhere else, Chorrol I think. I don't think you can join at the Arcane University.
Yeah, I figured it out shortly after I posted. Minor spoilerYou have to get a recommendation from all the other mage guilds to be able to get in.
bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

To me, the best part of this game isn't the incredible graphics, or the great new combat dynamic - it's the 500% extra story compared to Morrowind. Everything has a story behind it and they are all compelling, especially the main quest.

That's what I wanted to hear. Honestly, if I wanted open endness, i'd play an MMO. If I play a single player game, I want a good storyline.

Anyways, getting it tomorrow morning first thing lol. My friend had a stratagy guide for it so I was looking at stuff (not quest stuff), going to be making a dark elf mage :) .

Quick question. I never really liked any of the other Elder Scrolls games(mainly because the combat was garbage). Is Oblivion any different?

I apologize if this has been asked before but my browser and internet connection aren't really tipit forum friendly.

9fe567ac.jpg

Gamertag: Dances w Ninjas

Retired(Oh noes!)

Quick question. I never really liked any of the other Elder Scrolls games(mainly because the combat was garbage). Is Oblivion any different?

I apologize if this has been asked before but my browser and internet connection aren't really tipit forum friendly.

from what i understand, combat is supposed to be greatly improved in this game. its also made to appeal to a wider audience, while still keeping the fans of the series very satisfied. but, having not been able to play it yet, i cant say for sure. its probably still going to be a massively open game, but a main quest for most people will be what they do and finish and then not play again. which is fine, means you can go through the game twice using two different charachters if you want, kind of like i did in neverwinter nights and kotor games.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

The combat system has been improved greatly. Takes a little skill this time. :wink: If you don't want to die, you can voluntarily block. After you get to a higher level in Acrobatics, you can dodge instead of blocking. The magic system is better, as you can wield a weapon and cast a spell at the same time. I didn't much care for combat in Morrowind, but it's really alot better with Oblivion.

Plus, the graphics are better. (If your video card can take high quality settings) But, the world is breathtakingly beautiful... Even on low quality. I really really enjoy the environment. The sounds are amazing, and the scenery is really beautiful. ^_^

3898000bYVcx.png

Here are some screenshots! Be aware of the fact that I am playing on the lowest quality though. :(

A picture from far away of the Imperial City.

picture0014ix.jpg

An imperial guard patrolling the road

picture0026tx.jpg

The Shrine of Azura, and one of her followers praying at the shrine

picture0037qy.jpg

Morrowind has the Dwemer, and Oblivion has the Ayleids. ^_^ Their ruins are really pretty.

picture0047ac.jpg

Another, closer shot of the Imperial City, showing how long that really awesome bridge is.

picture0051pb.jpg

Summoning a Zombie. :)

picture0064pg.jpg

The Zombie I summoned.

picture0071am.jpg

A gate to Oblivion just outside of the city of Chorrol.

picture0083ly.jpg

Horses! ^_^ Yes, you can purchase (or steal) a horse and ride it. Just don't get it killed. :(

picture0099cg.jpg

3898000bYVcx.png

Knives you showed that portal, but have you actuly gone into oblivion? I just want to know how hard it is in there. Compy today ^.^
The first time you go into Oblivion on the main quest, it's not particularly hard. When you get back, though, all the demons have gotten through the gate, and they are tougher than the Oblivion monsters...They take a lot of damage.
bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Remember that in most cases the monsters' (and items') levels are scaled according to your level at the time.

For example one person could go into a cave at lvl 20 and fight some real badass enemies and find some 'phat loot' (wonder if there's a phat lute in oblivion as well?) whereas someone at lvl 5 could go in and find iron stuff.

I love how effective sneaking is now. Most of my encounters are over in one triple-damage arrow.

It's also really easy to train, I go to a room with someone sleeping then face into a wall with sneak on, put on the auto-walk button and sod off. I'm in the process of burling all the houses and shops in some of the richer towns now because I bought a house and it cost an awful lot.