Oblivion!

indy500fan

I like the new stealth system as well. :D

And, I'm not going to lie. I think Oblivion is hard. The first time wasn't that hard... But, now, it's hard... I say this with my character being on level 12. I'm really training right now so that I can shut all of the gates. Oblivion is quite the... interesting place. ^_^

3898000bYVcx.png

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hells...I'm level 17, Master (level 100) Alteration, 100 wisdom mage. Things like deranged zombies are so hard it takes 5+ minutes to kill them with my spells. And I can't afford better ones. I even bought a decent one and it still does next to nothing to them

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

I went against logic and bought Oblivion. I'll tell you, unless you have an EXTREMELY good system, especially video card, don't expect mindblowing visuals. With a 3Ghz P4, 1GB RAM, and 6600GT, I can say that two other games I own, Half-Life 2 and Guild Wars, released 1.5/1 years ago, look much better in the graphics department (at playable settings).

I went against logic and bought Oblivion. I'll tell you, unless you have an EXTREMELY good system, especially video card, don't expect mindblowing visuals. With a 3Ghz P4, 1GB RAM, and 6600GT, I can say that two other games I own, Half-Life 2 and Guild Wars, released 1.5/1 years ago, look much better in the graphics department (at playable settings).
I agree, Half-Life looks far superior...Especially since you need only an average computer and can run it on good settings with perfect framerate.
bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

lvl 20 w00t, GLASS ARMOUR YAY!

i have only done 5 quests... and those are mainly arena, and misc. quests..

im start working on some of my other skills now, and then im gunna start guild quests, and wait til the end to do the main.

hmm... i'm running on a amd 64 3400+ , 1GB ram and 6600GT (little higher than you in processor, but thats it) and it's running fairly nice.

Going to tweak a bit more, but right now I got it on everything high (1024x768 resolution) with bloom effects. I was realy choppy at first, but found out HDR was my problem. I can probaly run it with some decent stuff on now. :)

I like the look of the game, looks good to me. Maybe not as good as half life 2, but than again, i'm having a lot of fun in it.

ps: to level up, do you need to rest in a certain spot? Coulda sworn it said I should rest to meditate on my skills, and I have this up signal thing on my screen, but i've rested for a while and nothing. :oops:

I also broke my first oblivion gate, it was fun. Area wasn't that bad (the cultist people in it are kinda tough), but it was cool. I'm helping with a siege right now. Preaty funny, one (well all) of the guards around me died, so I looted one of their bodies :lol: .

hmm... i'm running on a amd 64 3400+ , 1GB ram and 6600GT (little higher than you in processor, but thats it) and it's running fairly nice.

Going to tweak a bit more, but right now I got it on everything high (1024x768 resolution) with bloom effects. I was realy choppy at first, but found out HDR was my problem. I can probaly run it with some decent stuff on now. :)

I like the look of the game, looks good to me. Maybe not as good as half life 2, but than again, i'm having a lot of fun in it.

ps: to level up, do you need to rest in a certain spot? Coulda sworn it said I should rest to meditate on my skills, and I have this up signal thing on my screen, but i've rested for a while and nothing. :oops:

I also broke my first oblivion gate, it was fun. Area wasn't that bad (the cultist people in it are kinda tough), but it was cool. I'm helping with a siege right now. Preaty funny, one (well all) of the guards around me died, so I looted one of their bodies :lol: .

If it's the same as Morrowind, you need to find a bed to rest... otherwise you're just waiting >.< (I found that out the hard way :P )

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

If it's the same as Morrowind, you need to find a bed to rest... otherwise you're just waiting >.< (I found that out the hard way :P )

oh lol, ok.

I'll probaly just find a sleeping bag in the church i'm near. LOL.

still havent been able to play yet. been working on my computer since 11:00 this morning. somehow my onboard graphics doesnt exist anymore, it doesnt even see my pci e card, so i tossed in one of my old pci cards just to see if my computer works. im on it now, so it is working partly. i still cant see my pcie video card or my onboard (which i disabled, not deleted, should be able to just reenable it). well, i installed oblivion, the install crashed at the end. doesnt work. im never upgrading my computer again, i am just going to buy a new one.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Got the compy, and it works now! I went diffrent this time and made an Imperial Witch hunter. I, unfortuantly, died because i pushed my character too far when i entered one of the dungeons.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Well, i've been playing for almost 7 hours now (played that for durring today... got the game installed at like 1:30 today lol)

Anyways, I'm impressed. Although i'm still trying varrious preformance tweaks (my game runs great indoors, like 50FPS with HDR rendering and everything basicly on high, 1024x768 resolution (for some reason... 1280x1024 resolution is actting weird in it).

anyways, it's running nice indoors, but outdoor compat is worse, I usualy get anywhere from 5-15 fps. But I'm still configuring it, trying to get a nice looking game vs quality.

Now i'm a level 4 (i think) dark elf. I joined the blades, but I mostly major in destruction magic, although my blade skill is preaty good for a minor.

Anyways, exarch what settings are you running at for your game? Mine is going fairly well.

PS: Try this tweak out in your oblivion.ini file in your My documents > My games > Oblivion folder. I don't know if it worked or not for me (seems like it did though, works for some doesn't work for others), but replace some stuff with this:

iPreloadSizeLimit=1000000000

[OPENMP]

iThreads=20

iOpenMPLevel=20

just use the find function in notepad if you can't find a certain line. remember, BACK IT UP

In Morrowind you didn't have to find a bed to rest, you could rest in the open so long as you weren't in a town.

Nadril, what does the tweak do?

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

In Morrowind you didn't have to find a bed to rest, you could rest in the open so long as you weren't in a town.

Nadril, what does the tweak do?

Tell you the truth I don't know exactly, I think it deals with how it loads the map or something. All I know is that it doesn't affect your graphics at all, but some people on the oblivion forums stated getting another 10 FPS from it.

This is SO hard now. Cuz I accidentally (well, it was on purpose, but I didn't understand the reprecutions at the time) got my Alteration to 100...Now I'm level 19, fighting with Jorneyman level destruction spells and terrible blade skill/strength. Now EVERY thing I fight is like a boss fight...Bears and mountain lions take 5 minutes to kill, and when a bandit comes at me, it's an epic, village spanning battle that takes lots of timing and luck. My spells suck, and until I'm in the arcane university I can't get too much better...This is terribly hard.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Turns out it was in the ini, I just couldn't find it at first. I did the change and now its a fair bit faster, so I get to crank the detail up that little bit more :D

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

Something you guys might want to watch out for ...

Make sure you get visited by the Dark Brotherhood before going in a trapfilled dungeon or they'll go kill themselves in the traps and you cant join :P

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

Turns out it was in the ini, I just couldn't find it at first. I did the change and now its a fair bit faster, so I get to crank the detail up that little bit more :D

Awsome :) glad it's helping.

I'm level 13! ^_^ And I'm making quite a good deal of money plundering dungeons and using alchemy. ^_^ Basically, my strategy in a dungeon is to sneak up on an enemy, summon a dremora, and shoot at them using my bow while the dremora takes all the damage. :D They're great fighters too, and can usually take out a bear or zombie without me having to summon them again. (They go away after 20 seconds) I just bought myself a white horse, and I'm saving up enough money to buy a house in Bruma. Also, trying to get my conjuration level up so that I may summon a Daedroth or Frost Atronach. :)

Can someone tell me where I can find some glass armor? O.O My Bruma armor isn't really the best in the world...

3898000bYVcx.png

Dunno if its just me, but is anyone else having this problem sometimes where little dots or spaces replace numbers? keeps happening and i keep thinking they want like 20 gold, when its 240.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Can someone tell me where I can find some glass armor? O.O My Bruma armor isn't really the best in the world...

have to be lvl 20 before u start seeing it

have to be lvl 20 before u start seeing it

Oh. That sheds some light on things. Thankee thankee. :)

3898000bYVcx.png

Holy crap I want this game so much. But sadly, my computer wouldn't be able to handle it (Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.60ghz, 512mb RAM, ATI Radeon 9600 SE.)

Anyway, I talked to a mate who got it, and he says the voice acting is kinda bad (lacks feeling), and something about the monsters moving weird and choppy. But then again, he's running it on lowest quality.

2009rb9.jpg