Oblivion!

indy500fan

just bought oblivion for 90 bucks... waited patiently whilst instaling... play the game (i started off in a jail) and its so choppy and laggy even when i put every option on low Evil or Very Mad

DAM YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awell looks like its morrowind for me

$90 USD? its only $60 for the collectors edition. there is no place that charges you that much (ignore this if you arent in the US).

and if your talking about buying other stuff with it to be able to play, my oblivion cost me around $1000 USD all together :lol:

but i do think i have a way to fix your lag problems, search google for something called "oldblivion". pretty much takes a lot of the special graphics things away (even more than turning them all the way down in the menus), i dont know what your computer is but that may make it run decent enough.

and morrowind is just about as good as oblivion, better for older systems.

my final review: my oblivion days were over about a week ago, and i decided instead of it being slightly better that morrowind (and therefore the greatest game of all time) it is the same as morrowind. some things i like better in one, some in the other. overall oblivion has more things i like, and things i dislike more than i disliked in morrowind. if i hadnt ever played morrowind before, sat down and played both of them for the first time at the same time, oblivion would be better. morrowind had that "wow" factor in there. i havent been into the modding part of oblivion yet, something with havok engine is making copyright problems, so bethseda cant release a mesh convertor (something like that, im not sure exactly). pretty much all they can do is retexture the existing meshes, so the new clothes are all looking pretty much the same. havent looked at any of the quest mods yet, they might be good. i usually just make house mods, so i can keep everything organized. now they have the menus automatically seperate everything, and the chest dont have a weight limit, so i can keep everything in one chest. makes it kinda pointless to make a house mod. and it kind of sucks that there isnt really any special armor, daedric is about the best and thats what i get drop wise half the time. so no reason for a display room.

one last question: when you were done playing (or if you are still playing), what was your total time played? mine is 95 hours right now, and i know i had at least 3 times as much in morrowind.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I ended up with about 50 hours on my main guy and 20 something on my other guy. I think I might have come in just below what I spent on San Andreas (which was about 80 in all). But it wasn't SO good of a game, once I got over the first few days, there was no need for me to rush home to play it. I just played when I had the time. It was overall a meh experience. But I might have been missing something, as I hadnt played Morrowind, and I wasn't really looking forward to Oblivion before buying it.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

lol 90 aus dollars my bad and oh btw i uninstalled the game like 5 mins before i read this ahaah awell

my comp is: 2.6 ghz 768mb ram aspire t300mhd11190 pentium 4 blah blah blah

graphix card : geforce fx5500

plz tell me this game will work will oldblivion :(

Hm, I'm suprised it's that choppy for you.

I've seen riggs similar to yours play HL2 and whatnot with no problems at all.

And IMO Oblivion is less memory / graphics intensive.

yeah, youll be perfectly fine with oldblivion, i would definently try it out if i were you. i think its oldblivion.com, but you can just do a search on google and it should come up first.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Hey thanks I installed oldblivion but its a bit buggy (i got the right version for my graphics card) sometimes lights flicker and when an enemy casts a certain spell it just has a huge purple blob on the screen :|

but awell at least i can swing my weapon at more than 2 frames per second :lol:

is there anyway to get your luck up?

the same way you get all your other attributes up :lol: .

i heard its a bit buggy too fizz, they are probably working on fixing that. but it does work pretty good, right? at least youll be able to play it somewhat :D

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

• 2 months later...

Damn, awhile back I deleted my main file lol -.-

Then I made a legit aco[bleep] around lvl 30. All guild quest and main quest done with 300k cash (legit)

Then I made a fun account thats lvl 32, lvl 200 marksman ( Damn I love glitches)

Prolly played about ...400 hours of this game lol

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

I've made millions on Morrowind simply making potions and selling them to the Mudcrab Merchant. Ownage.

Anyhow, a VERY modded out Morrowind can own Oblivion any day. At least while the Morrowind modding community is still larger than Oblivion's.

I really wouldn't call it an era. It was more of a definitive time period during which dinstinctive characteristics were expressed in similar ways.

Svirnsigscore.gif

Yes it is worth getting. So worth getting. I'm still playing it now and I got it on the Saturday it came out here. Buy now. Go! Buy! Your still reading! Go Buy now! And get it for the PC. I said go!

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

is it worth me getting this game? i have a xbox360 and have been thinking about it for a while.
It really depends if it's your kind of game. If you're into hardcore RPG games, I'd stay away. I would say this is more of an action/adventure game with some RPG elements (they certainly aren't done very well), and the story is weak. But there's a LOT of content (very little of which I found very interesting), and there's lots to explore, lots to fight, lots of items to find. If you want quantity of game over quality of game, this is for you. The only thing that elevates it over any other game is the massive map (the towns are nice, and some of the buildings are fine, but the landscape is boring and as are the dungeons) and the top of the line graphics.

So it really comes down to what type of game you like.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

I've made millions on Morrowind simply making potions and selling them to the Mudcrab Merchant. Ownage.

Anyhow, a VERY modded out Morrowind can own Oblivion any day. At least while the Morrowind modding community is still larger than Oblivion's.

I've made millions on Morrowind by opening the console and typing,

player->additem, "gold100", 50000

I'm a cheater.

::'

3898000bYVcx.png

I'm a cheater.

yea, i got sick of making potions in Oblivion and just consoled myself about 40mil :lol:

Great game, even for people like me... You see I get bored very easily. But Oblivion kept me entertained for 2 frickin' weeks!

That might not seem like much, but I'll put it into perspective. I bought Hitman: Blood Money, played the first level. Got bored and I haven't played it since. That was on the day of the UK release. :P

My only problem with Oblivion in general is, the quests. All you do is talk to someone pick the right or wrong answer (which doesn't matter) and go and talk to a few other people who just so happen to be on the other side of the map. Then go kill some vampires/goblins/people in some remote cave that you would have never found by yourself.

Last thing, PC version > 360 version.

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

I still havent gotten really into it... i need to start playing it more and stop going on MSN and others stuff whilst on the computer >.<

TOOOO many freaking games on the go.

Oblivion

WoW

FFIX

Soon FFVII

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I'm a cheater.

yea, i got sick of making potions in Oblivion and just consoled myself about 40mil :lol:

How do you console ?...

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

I'm a cheater.

How do you console ?...

Weeeeeelllll generally when you console yourself, you're making yourself happy :)

(pssst, use google :o)

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.