Oblivion!

indy500fan

1249... :| how much stats did u loose?
umm.. I can't remember.

About 11 in total. I know I lost 2 off block and 1 off blade.

I believe I lost at least 1 off all my major skills except sneak.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

step 1.

get access to the arcane university through mages guild.

step 2.

get a chemeleon spell

step 3

enchant 4 peices of armour with it at the arcane uni.

Nice. Not tried that yet -- not good enough. That's a bit like the thing for 100% somethingorother on Morrowind, where you enchant things for constant effect 1 to 47 (I think it was) % and just keep taking them off and putting them on until you get a high value. --- only better, because of how they're all constant effect now.

I'd quite like them to have kept amulets that could cast spells, as opposed to constant effect only ones -- They could have made it, maybe, so that you wore them, and / or held them and used them as spellcasting devices. That'd have been good, I thought.

I'd quite like them to have kept amulets that could cast spells, as opposed to constant effect only ones -- They could have made it, maybe, so that you wore them, and / or held them and used them as spellcasting devices. That'd have been good, I thought.

theres got to be a way to make a mod that does that, i havent looked in the cs set though since about 5 or 10 hours into the game.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Sw0o0ot I r liek ze pwnzers i got 10 sets of legend armours.. :lol:

To bad i had to pay like, 11k in bail... 8)

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

I suppose... I mean, the staves already do it, so it's got to be possible. Just trying to think if there are any animations where s/he's holding something up in front of them... (not that I'd know what to do with them if there were).

i think you could create an item, use the stave as your base item, but name it and give the icon of an amulet. that would still have the stave animation though... theres got to be a way though. much more was possible in morrowind than you anyone thought possible at the beginning. dual wielding, horses, and multiplayer were the big amazing things to me (horses are the only thing out of those three that worked good, almost better than in oblivion. dual wielding just wasnt ironed out, and multiplayer just barely worked, just enough to show that it can work, no one really thought much of it.)

im going to check out the mod sites here in a second to see what i can find on it. some of these modders are as good or better than some of the proffessionals...

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Does anyone know were you can get a elven bow? i need one for the marksman trainer. And what lvl the mith armor starts to show up?

unless you are at the level for elven, you probably wont see it much. there is probably a place to buy it somewhere, all i can suggest is travel to every city and look in the stores. and mith armor starts showing up relatively early, if you are using the marksman master trainer already then you should have already been through the mithral stage. are you seeing ebony, glass and daedric yet? if you are still a low level, you probably dont need to worry about getting marksman training from the master trainer, get it from some of the other marksman trainers.

im lvl 75 marksman and like 60 light armor and my overall lvl is like 11.

i can only see drawven bows and armor and chainmail. my brother can has a elven bow and had the opion to get mith armor hes a melee guy with heavy armor. and it doesnt make sense why he gets these items. But when i play on my guy i get items that he wishes he could get like a elven long sword.

tFtfA.jpg

i can only see drawven bows and armor and chainmail. my brother can has a elven bow and had the opion to get mith armor hes a melee guy with heavy armor. and it doesnt make sense why he gets these items. But when i play on my guy i get items that he wishes he could get like a elven long sword.

do you ever put any points in luck? i find that a lot of people hardly ever put anything into luck, because you never can get a multiplyer. ive put a point into luck all of 26 levels, chose luck as one of my two favored attributes (i think i did) and chose the theif sign, so i have 91 luck. maybe its because of that that i got those drops a lot earlier.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

do you ever put any points in luck? i find that a lot of people hardly ever put anything into luck, because you never can get a multiplyer. ive put a point into luck all of 26 levels, chose luck as one of my two favored attributes (i think i did) and chose the theif sign, so i have 91 luck. maybe its because of that that i got those drops a lot earlier.

Are you saying Luck helps with drops, as in Ring Of Wealth? I'm not to sure yet what the meaning of luck is.

IrreIephant.png

^ capital i

I could go on for pages and pages about my experiences on oblivion, it is truely amazing. My first character was a custom class battle mage, with him I played theough all the quest lines and rose to the head of every guild. But I hadn't enjoyed it half as much as I expected I would. So I decided to start again and do what I had never done in a game before.... Roleplay.

My new guy is a theif and assassin, he's a swashbuckling guy who wont ever back down. I never fast travel on him and walk everywhere, horses are uncomfortable and give both him and me a headache. He is currently a mighty level 13 with about 5 quests done. One day I'll get round to doing more but just roaming the wild or walking between the sancuary and contracts (currently on quest three for vincent of the dark brotherhood) makes the game special for me. In other games you do the action and miss out the inbetween on oblivion the adventure never stops if you don't want it too.

The best part of oblivion has to be the freedom. Morrowing had it and I loved every minute of that too. But what morrowing lacked for me anyway was challange and decent combat. Oblivion gives me both of these.

10/10 Is my score for oblivion.

Advice to all - Fast travel will take many many hours away from this game. The time I have travelling about on foot is some of the best time I have in game. Roaming the wilderness with my trusty bow stalking some beast, beats being told what to do. In order to make this game fill its potential you have to put effort in so don't always take the easy option or you are missing out.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

Are you saying Luck helps with drops, as in Ring Of Wealth? I'm not to sure yet what the meaning of luck is.

luck takes a small part in all skills. the biggest place you notice it though is with drops, you get a lot better drops with higher luck.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I have 66 luck atm (finally put a point into it a few levels back).

And just with that I get decent drops. Not as grand as I'd like, but nice.

I got speed / agility max'd a while ago (although both have taken reduction from something.. [bleep]s me how to fix that though?) and I'm working on strength and edurance atm I think? Once both of them are over 75 I'll just keep throwing points into luck. I'm starting to wish I did that while ago but whatever.

Gotta learn for your mistakes somehow ;)

I never put any points into luck. ^_^ But, I always choose the thief as my birth sign (as you might tell from my avatar). So, I get a little boost in it. Right now, I've got Intelligence and Agility maxed. Working on Strength, which is a pathetic 56. :cry:

3898000bYVcx.png

I have 66 luck atm (finally put a point into it a few levels back).

And just with that I get decent drops. Not as grand as I'd like, but nice.

I got speed / agility max'd a while ago (although both have taken reduction from something.. * me how to fix that though?) and I'm working on strength and edurance atm I think? Once both of them are over 75 I'll just keep throwing points into luck. I'm starting to wish I did that while ago but whatever.

Gotta learn for your mistakes somehow ;)

yeah, luck kind of sucks because you are more or less behind on all your other attributes for most of the game. but, you do get better drops. dont know if it works out better either way, in morrowind i would have said go with luck. in oblivion though, im not even picking up loot anymore, and i would never even consider not picking up something in morrowind.

if you have an attribute reduction you can go to a chapel, but if your infamy is larger than your fame, that wont do any good. id suggest getting fame up higher (arena, fighters, mages guild quests will get you up so high you wont have to worry anymore), but if you dont want to, you can always buy restore *attribute* potions. usually have to travel arround for the ones you want, so when ever you see a restore attribute potion, buy it and stick it in one of your safe holds 8)

I never put any points into luck. ^_^ But, I always choose the thief as my birth sign (as you might tell from my avatar). So, I get a little boost in it. Right now, I've got Intelligence and Agility maxed. Working on Strength, which is a pathetic 56. Crying or Very sad

i always choose theif also, even if im not going to be a thief :lol: . you get 30 total attribute levels, more than the other birth signs (only remember warriors gives you 20 total.) i only have agility maxed, 2 others are close though. kind of sad only one maxed attribute at level 26 :D

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

/ stuffs /
I think the arena option would be quicker.

Since my infamy is like, 180 or so, and my fame is about 17?

Take less time than searching for restore ATTRIBUTE potions anyways :)

/ stuffs /
I think the arena option would be quicker.

Since my infamy is like, 180 or so, and my fame is about 17?

Take less time than searching for restore ATTRIBUTE potions anyways :)

yeah, i found about 3 potions in imperial city (one of which i needed), i didnt do follow my guide any further, i just left my attributes lowered :lol:

and that 180 infamy is definently really high, probably had something to do with your 4 year jail sentance :lol:

my infamy is 59, my fame is around 80. im the big kahuna in the mages, fighters, and arena, so you might have to find some other additional ways to increase your fame :D

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

For luck, i think it works like any luck system. Ther is of course no such thing as luck in a game (nor real life) but in the game, the higher your luck, the better chance of getting a certain roll.

BTW i always choose the steed as my birthsign, i value speed alot.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

The 360 version of the game is all of a suden being extremly lame...

I was walking on my way to Anvil and at a completly random time, it booted me from all my damn clans, so i was like.. WIERD.. and loaded another time close to that one and started walking again, the same thing happened, ive been playing for a day exiled from all of my guilds exept for the arena..

Why the hell is it doing this, someone has to know :cry:

IrreIephant.png

^ capital i

• 2 weeks later...

just bought oblivion for 90 bucks... waited patiently whilst instaling... play the game (i started off in a jail) and its so choppy and laggy even when i put every option on low :evil:

DAM YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awell looks like its morrowind for me :|