Sign in to follow this  
indy500fan

Oblivion!

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+

1024MB PC3200 DDR-Ram

GeForce 6800GT

Everything is set to high 8) Even with only one gig of ram I'm not feeling any chop.

I know the price. I pay it gladly.

people are playing it and i am sitting at home :cry: . im getting up first thing tommorow morning, and not coming home till i have a copy :twisted: . then im going to play till my eyes bleed :D . and just wondering VOV, did you get the pc or xbox 360 version? xbox 360 comes out a day earlier at bestbuy, dunno how it is other places.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

comes on on the 21(tomorrow)

~bmms

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

people are playing it and i am sitting at home :cry: . im getting up first thing tommorow morning, and not coming home till i have a copy :twisted: . then im going to play till my eyes bleed :D . and just wondering VOV, did you get the pc or xbox 360 version? xbox 360 comes out a day earlier at bestbuy, dunno how it is other places.

PC of course, I made the mistake of buying Morrowind for the original Xbox and let me tell you, never again will I make that kind of mistake :?

I know the price. I pay it gladly.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+

1024MB PC3200 DDR-Ram

GeForce 6800GT

Everything is set to high 8) Even with only one gig of ram I'm not feeling any chop.

I want more RAM :(. I would have thought that you would be on mid-high only, but high with no chop, that's incredible :). I want more RAM :(. I'm going today to look for it+hopefully get more RAM.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

snow storm here last night, theres about 5 inches out there. my dad had trouble getting to work, had to 4 wheel drive it there some of the ways. im about ready to head out, going to see what my chevy cavalier can do in the snow 8) .

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

snow storm here last night, theres about 5 inches out there. my dad had trouble getting to work, had to 4 wheel drive it there some of the ways. im about ready to head out, going to see what my chevy cavalier can do in the snow 8) .

Where are you lol? We had snow over here as well (kentucky/ohio border, next to cincinatti).

Gunna try and get it today...

im in indiana, but in the cincinnatti limits. harrison, OH is about 8 minutes away :D . no copies of it there, none of the stores sell computer games. had to go up to northgate to get it. but thats right, I HAVE IT!!!! installed it, watched the intro movie which jumped every three seconds because my computer sucks. tried to make my charachter, my mouse would jump an inch at a time unless i went really, really slow. took me about half an hour to make my charachter, not because of the wonderfully awesome creationg system (i ended up taking almost the default) but because moving my mouse between options and i had to click on them about 80 times before it registered. this is playing in 640x480 resolution with no options. i just took a stick of 256meg ram out of my family computer and popped it in, so now i have 760. hopefully this is good enough to run it a bit better. after charachter creation i played around for about a minute, i punched a pitcher off of a table and looted my cell, which just had bones and a cup :lol: . i like to take everything :wink: . anyways, going to go back at it, if it doesnt do good this time ill have to buy a new computer.

EDIT: this is the video card im going to get, now i just need to figure out if i have to buy a new computer or if i can just upgrade my motherboard. be nice to find a motherboard/cpu combo (going to have to get combo, no idea how to put one on there) for around $300 that is decent. anyone know of some good sites to look at?

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I know i will meet the requirements, but how good will this be?

AMD Ath 3200

512 DDR Memory

160GB HD

LG 16XDVD +/- RW

PCI EXPRESS 256MB w/tv-out

? this is the new compy im getting? I know i just meet the standards for ram, but i might buy more later. Not sure, but my dad says that the video card is like the best out right now.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I know i will meet the requirements, but how good will this be?

AMD Ath 3200

512 DDR Memory

160GB HD

LG 16XDVD +/- RW

PCI EXPRESS 256MB w/tv-out

? this is the new compy im getting? I know i just meet the standards for ram, but i might buy more later. Not sure, but my dad says that the video card is like the best out right now.

What brand of card is it?

Quite a few cards use PCI Express now ;P

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

Not sure, thats basicly all it says on the sheet. I really dont want to buy more then that at the moment though. Its gonna be almost 800 for the computer, and then another 150 for XP, then like 50-70 for Oblivion....

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

EDIT: this is the video card im going to get, now i just need to figure out if i have to buy a new computer or if i can just upgrade my motherboard. be nice to find a motherboard/cpu combo (going to have to get combo, no idea how to put one on there) for around $300 that is decent. anyone know of some good sites to look at?

If you plan on getting this for other games not just oblivion this isn't a bad idea, but If you are planning on spending that much. You might as well buy a Xbox 360, (unless you already bought the game). Because it will be around the same price, and from what I have heard the game is more oriented towards the console then a PC. Of course it would be harder to obtain the mods that made Morrowind so much better.

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

even if i had a xbox 360 i wouldnt buy oblivion for it. the modding capabilities are one of the best parts of the game. they can literaly add endless amounts of quests for you to do. and i like playing around in the construction set.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

even if i had a xbox 360 i wouldnt buy oblivion for it. the modding capabilities are one of the best parts of the game. they can literaly add endless amounts of quests for you to do. and i like playing around in the construction set.

Did a map come with this one, just like Morrowind? If so, about how big is it? compared to Morrowind that is.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Did a map come with this one, just like Morrowind? If so, about how big is it? compared to Morrowind that is.

yep, a map came with it. they might have printed them on the same pieces of paper, they are the same size and feel the same. but morrowinds is much, much, much better. has about 7 cities on the map, plus the main city, about 4 rivers and then just areas. not detailed at all. morrowind's had the sunken ships marked, the dwemer ruins, the daedroth shrines, the dunmer strongholds, and every city on the map. dont see oblivions map helping all that much, but that is supposed to be taken care of in game.

anyways, ive finally calmed down some. im going to play some more morrowind until my computer parts come, they should be here saturday or monday. ive waited this long, i might as well wait another week. kind of pisses me off that i drove around so much this morning and wasted all that gas just to get it today.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

/me awaits the first "Done" post :P

theres no way i will be able to be the first done now, not that i would have been anyways. i have to get every single piece of loot i can, i leave nothing behind :twisted: . sucks in morrowind right now because of corprus meat, weighs about 5 a piece and it always sells for 1g, no matter how many you have. i dont think its something that any sane person would ever loot :lol: .

turns out my credit card was rejected, i only ordered $635 worth of stuff, and my credit line is $900, so i dont know how they figured that one up :? . now i have to get on the phone and try to work this crap out.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

got my copy for the 360...

im not gunna rush through it though.. i wanna take my time and relax and enjoy it.

:o I went to wall-mart and bought it for PC. I dont have the computer yet, but i knew that it would go fast, and i didnt want to wate around. Ive already read the book, and the box with the cd is awaiting upstairs in my room, ready to be installed into the baby computer when it arrives ^.^

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

:o I went to wall-mart and bought it for PC. I dont have the computer yet, but i knew that it would go fast, and i didnt want to weight around. Ive already read the book, and the box with the cd is awaiting upstairs in my room, ready to be installed into the baby computer when it arrives ^.^

Cool! Wish I could buy a new computer for the game. :D

3898000bYVcx.png

"And it is good..."

The physics are amazing.. :|

Has anyone played this with a 6600GT? (128MB version). If so, what are your other specs, what settings did you play it on, and how well did it run?

Has anyone played this with a 6600GT? (128MB version). If so, what are your other specs, what settings did you play it on, and how well did it run?

I'll be able to tell you that on friday Exarch, gotta wait till then to get it though .