Sign in to follow this  
indy500fan

Oblivion!

OMG! i ws just talking to my dad abou this today. Luckly this week im going out and buying a brand new computer with basicly the best video card, and 516 mb of ram. So im set to go for when it comes out... although i wont get the comp really untill 2 weeks, but oh well.

512 is realy bad, get 1Gig of ram.

Trust me on this one. and what card?

i didnt get to play through morrowind as much as i thought i was going to either. was going to go on a binge today and rush through to the end of the main quest, but alas i have to do homework most of today. and my computer will definently not run oblivion, i just barely meet the minimum requirements. i dont know if ill be able to get a new one today or not either. anyone want to buy an old computer? :lol: (no, seriously: p4 2.8ghz, 512 RAM, 60gig HD, GeForce 5500FX 256 megabyte video card, dvd/cdrw combo and dvdrw)

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

i didnt get to play through morrowind as much as i thought i was going to either. was going to go on a binge today and rush through to the end of the main quest, but alas i have to do homework most of today. and my computer will definently not run oblivion, i just barely meet the minimum requirements. i dont know if ill be able to get a new one today or not either. anyone want to buy an old computer? :lol: (no, seriously: p4 2.8ghz, 512 RAM, 60gig HD, GeForce 5500FX 256 megabyte video card, dvd/cdrw combo and dvdrw)

Sadly thats a really nice computer :(

Anyways.... you can finish the main quest in 7 minutes ;) Shouldn't be that hard :lol:

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

That will run Oblivion. More RAM and it's almost recommended. I too have 2.8ghz, 512 RAM (upgrading to 1gb or more tho, prolly), and my graphics is Radeon X300 SE (128mb). So with more RAM it should make up for my barely minimum graphics card. And I don't need graphics to have fun, I'll most probably be on minimum.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

i think you have to have none of the main quest completed to do the 7 minute trick, unless im thinking of something completely different :lol: .

its an ok computer, i could throw in a stick of ram and be a lot better off. the bad thing is it only has pci slots, not any pci express or agp slots. so i pretty much have the best video card possible on my system. if i could just buy a new motherboard, i might try to do that. i dont really know anything about anything with motherboards though :lol: . im looking at some right now on newegg, i have no idea if they would work with the rest of my stuff.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

So, it will work with PCI? :shock: I'm looking for new video cards as we speak. The only ones I can use are PCI.

3898000bYVcx.png

I would be very surprised if the game would run on that machine at all. Remember that the PCI versions of cards will work slower than the AGP equivalents due to the PCI bandwidth.

Even if the game will work, it won't be worth playing on such a machine.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

That will run Oblivion. More RAM and it's almost recommended. I too have 2.8ghz, 512 RAM (upgrading to 1gb or more tho, prolly), and my graphics is Radeon X300 SE (128mb). So with more RAM it should make up for my barely minimum graphics card. And I don't need graphics to have fun, I'll most probably be on minimum.

i remember the first day i played morrowind. i had been playing for about an hour when i was exploring part of the bitter coast region. it was night time, so it was dark out. in the game and in real life. all the sudden i hear a BOOM, and see lightning. seconds later, i hear BOOM and a big flash in the window. started thunderstorming on morrowind and in real life. it sounded and looked so real on the game, i really cant convey how i felt at that moment. i almost cried. i have to be able to feel that when i play oblivion too, i have to have good graphics :D i think i have problems :lol: .

anyways, i think im going to buy this computer and buy a video card.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

:( I'm scared I won't be able to play on my computer. The only thing that's worrying me is my video card and my motherboard. It only supports PCI.

3898000bYVcx.png

I'm afraid to say that just about any PCI graphics card just won't be able to cut it... They were only introduced in the 5 series to cater for people who couldn't upgrade to AGP, not as a serious contender.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

What type of game is it? and how do you play it? I don't know anything about the game, but it looks good.

It's basically a huge RPG. It's the fourth in The Elder Scrolls Series. There's always a main storyline to the game, but, the best thing about it is the immense amount of freedom you get.

3898000bYVcx.png

Indy, are you ever going to change you're sig once the game is out? Or are you gonna leave it until the inevitable expansion is announced?

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

I never pre-order games so hopefully I'll be able to pick it up on Tuesday :)

It's out today in north america (four more for those in europe).

I dont have the computer yet to run it, but i know it will work on the computer. I was planing on buying it today, but stupid work booked me in for tonight, so i cant possible go over and buy it. Oh well, stores better not run out of stock :evil: :evil:

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

i remember the first day i played morrowind. i had been playing for about an hour when i was exploring part of the bitter coast region. it was night time, so it was dark out. in the game and in real life. all the sudden i hear a BOOM, and see lightning. seconds later, i hear BOOM and a big flash in the window. started thunderstorming on morrowind and in real life. it sounded and looked so real on the game, i really cant convey how i felt at that moment. i almost cried. i have to be able to feel that when i play oblivion too, i have to have good graphics :D i think i have problems :lol: .

anyways, i think im going to buy this computer and buy a video card.

OH GOD YES.

In Morrowind I felt like it was an actual world, so realistic. It was 1 of the most realistic games I've ever played. I mean, it's SOOOOOOOOO BIG, and the stuff like books and such make it seem incredibly realistic. Though I didn't follow the storyline but rather went exploring caves and such.

Yes, It's out today, I'm going to buy it as soon as it comes out here. (Holland)

Has anyone bought and played the game yet? I am excited to see what it is like, and if it would be better on PC or on the 360

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

I'm going out to pick up my reserved copy in a little while! I still need to find a good video card though. Which, hopefully, I shall find today. :D :D :D

3898000bYVcx.png

Indy, are you ever going to change you're sig once the game is out? Or are you gonna leave it until the inevitable expansion is announced?

i... dont know... it will be there for at least another month because i wont have time to change it, and i may not be on here for a while. or if i am, ill probably just be checking this thread.

anyways, no oblivion for me today. i drove around to everystore i could find during lunch, no one had it. they werent sold out, they just didnt have it yet. the best buy ad said it comes out tuesday for xbox 360, and wednesday for PC. i was hoping to hear someone on here got it, and where they got it from. the ctrl alt del comic author said he got his today, and all he said was "Wow." i took off work tommorow because i am really, really behind on homework, in the morning i will go out and look for it. if i find it, i just wont do my homework. remember: oblivion>eating>sleeping>homework :D .

OH GOD YES.

In Morrowind I felt like it was an actual world, so realistic. It was 1 of the most realistic games I've ever played. I mean, it's SOOOOOOOOO BIG, and the stuff like books and such make it seem incredibly realistic. Though I didn't follow the storyline but rather went exploring caves and such.

Yes, It's out today, I'm going to buy it as soon as it comes out here. (Holland)

i remember when i first started playing i would walk through doors to go outside, and in my head the music changed :lol: . i would walk out side, here a bird or something make a noise, jump around and look up for those annoying as crap cliff racers. the main story was ok, but it was a little lacking. that is supposed to be really improved in oblivion :D

EDIT: their one day to go video was on the main page today, i assume that means it comes out tommorow. kinda sucks somepeople already got it, i really want it :cry: . thinking about staying up till 12 tonight and heading to walmart, dont know if that will work or not. and i just downloaded the oblivion constructors set, dont know why they have it for download, cant do anything without the game. and it should come on the dvd of the game. oh well, going to install and see what it is.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

thanks raz for screwing up the webpage, that is really mature.

Split his spam off. ~misterxman

anyways, i checked on less than legitimate websites and oblivion isnt out on them yet either. i think the stores probably have it today, and if you have a hookup you could already play it. us proletariats will have to wait till tommorow though.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

SHIPS monday the 20th.

Available TUESDAY the 21st.

I just picked a copy up this afternoon from my local EBGames. Just got my Kajiit thief through the dungeon/sewers [the very start]. The game is running like a dream on my system :D

I know the price. I pay it gladly.

I just picked a copy up this afternoon from my local EBGames. Just got my Kajiit thief through the dungeon/sewers [the very start]. The game is running like a dream on my system :D
How good system?

And since you have it today, that means it should be available when I go tommorow. Hopefully I won't have to go to EBgames to get it, which will be more expensive, more busy, and farther for me (than FutureShop).

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg