what did you do when you first played runescape...

upsilon5

first of all i didnt know that the arrow kews controled the camera so i spent the first half of the toutorial island with a lot of objects blocking my path. my friend had told me about runescape but i didnt relaise that the game was non-linear ( you can go anywhere you want onwards from toutorial island) and i woulf never have gussed it was as good as it acctualy is.

after the completion of toutorial island i had the challange of figuring out which people where controlled by other players and which were just computer controlled, i guss i was in quite a daze since i didnt really know what to do next.

after some exploring, i went to the lowest of the low...begging :oops: after one unsucessful beg i went into some sewers and was KILLED by some zombies!! NOOOOOOOOO!!! i had lost all my amazing 1gp items and spent the rest of my time searching for them (not knowing of ther general store nearby) i had no income and ahd bought my bucket back for 10gp. soon my stupid friend told me about a "junk" store for general purposes ( if he had said the correct name i would have found it faster!) i bought all my stuff back from the general store and was now in the cow hide bussiness.

i made a lot of money out of this, but horrer struck! i was killed by a highway man i though i would attack for fun and lost 1k!!! plus some other stuff. luckely i kept my saphire which i thought would sell for lots ( i think i still have it) and ove time got my combat skills up to lvl 20 and bought full iron armour.

now i have about 12k in my full bank, full mith armour except for a shield, and know uses smithing for money..

you can post youre beginner stories here (if you can remember them) or just comment on my moronic beginnings.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont remember much about my humble beginings. It was pretty long ago. I just remember be a miner and going from varrock to al kharid back to varrock over and over and over again. I also didnt realise varrock had a west anvil near the bank so I always ran through were the mugger in South Varrock is to get to the east anvil.

Then I loved smithing now I get bored really easilly

Fisher 4 lyfe.

tinyslamHYT.png

86,674 to 99 cooking

36,414 to 99 fishing! (7/31/10)

I hung around in lumbridge castle training my woodcutting and firemaking up to lvl 14!

Then i thought that some other player would want to buy my 5 logs i had.

I was a pretty big newb, but never really a noob.

I have to get practically naked when I'm cooking bacon.

I may be immature, but that made me laugh!

september of '05 was when i started playing runescape. The thing i remember most was a thought that there wasnt a limit to your combat lvl. first i saw a lvl 18 person and i thought "wow he is good!" then i remember a lvl 50 somthing character thinking, "omg he is awsome!!" but when i say a lvl 81 account was when i thought "i want my character to be lvl 5000 (thinking there isnt a limit to combat lvl)

I remember when I first got off tutorial island, a lvl 105 traded me a free party hat. I was like, "ok." So I travel north to Varrock and then I bank the party hat. After that, I get traded by some people in dragon armor (they were all lvl 100+) and they all give me lots of Rune armor and gp in the millions. So I'm like, "ok." Then I trained a lot and realized how much all of that stuff was worth, and then I'm like, "ok."

Now that I'm happy that I kept my party hat, I'm like, "ok." And since you're reading an ultra-fake story, you're probably like, "ok."

:roll:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I cant really remember what I did when I first started playing, and there was no tutorial island then. I can remember loosing lots of duels and therefore staying in Lumbridge for quite a long time. One of my best and earliest runescape memories was getting lost in what I now know to be east falador, and out of pure coincidence finding my irl freind was having the same problems lol, I didnt even know his rsn at the time!

md666.gif

I remember i trained all my skills up 2 lvl 3 in tut island. I also picked 700+ bronze arrows and dropped the runes that the mage gave me till get lots of them. I didnt know i could only pass with 25 arrows and 20 runes... :shock:

magikjandro5mu.gif

Thx axeraider for the sig :D

Happy to say I got killed by a cow.:lol:

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

I was started longg before tutorial island. I remember lots of my troubles, I didn't know how to use any of the shops because i never saw the blue text in the top left corner :D. But finally I did and I killed Hans for a long time, and then killed goblins for a long long time, and then i remember the day where I killed a bear and like went ot my friends and was like "What now?!?!?!"

I smithed my armour up to like steel as well :D and was a miner and smither for a long time :D And then i fished a lot in draynor village and I remember i would sell my fish for bait :D

Mined iron for 10gp each for a friend (baring in mind this was spring 02)

Picked bananas for Luthas and made a few thousand

Took around 2 weeks to find my way around the F2P map

Trained on me at edgeville and goblins at goblin vilage

Used to think people who could kill guards were awesome

Was estatic when I bought my first rune item (legs)

Was angry when I lost my first rune item (legs) to Karamja Natives who used poison - something I'd never encountered before

~Ian

newsig4ty.jpg

Retired Tip It Moderator | Zybez Radio DJ - Listen Here

clicked to start as a mage so when i apeared in lumby i didn't equip any of the equipment and attacked a man in a small off shot building in the court yard and didn't use any magic spells i was dead before i even had a chance to try and run :cry:

and i rember when i got lost in varock back streets about lvl 12 then :oops: took me like 2 days to get out

I went to mine in Varrock mine, got bronze bars and lvled up. Soon I made my very own bronze armor. Then I found the map, so I searched on it and found Shilo Village, with a mine and furnace close to the bank. I wanted to become a miner/smither so I went there. I needed 30gp to go to Kamjia, so I worked really hard. Once I got 32gp I casted off. I went west of the volcano only to find out "You need to be on a member's server to do that" NOOOOOOOOO!! My fourtune, thrown away. Luckly for the man with th bananas, or else I would of never gotten out :D

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Well, I started the days when you could pick your very own class.

Warrior [starts with a sword and wooden shield], Mage[some runes and staff], Ranger[bow and some arrows],Cook [Chefs hat], Miner [pickaxe] and Adventurer [axe, tinderbox and some gold coins]

I chose miner, named my character theworker which was stolen and now I'm grim jokes, the warrior.

Proud founder of the Myriad

Killed Hans and crapped one thinking guards would come after me

I killed Hans too, but I thought it was a player! I was like "sorry" when he respawned! Actually I dont remember that, but I remember telling my freind about it lol...

md666.gif

It's hilarious to look back at how I first started. The things I didn't know are amazing. I remember I was scared to walk across the bridge in lumbridge for fear the goblins would overpower me :lol:

But later on, I had a big money making scheme. Brace yourselves for this. I crafted like 600 holy symbols, strung them with wool I sheared and spun myself, and that's when I found out about blessed holy symbols. I didn't have 31 prayer at the time, so I gave some guy 10k (at the time I had like 13k total gp) to bless my symbols for me. After this I began to sell the symbols to the store, not realizing the store didn't give you the full price for each one you sold.

Don't even get me started on my bowl crafting and stew making exploits :roll:

31509signature.gif

well i had heard about Runescape in great detail from friends and knew that runes were pretty useful cause I decided to be a mage. So I thought hey my friend said I could only take a coupla runes off of tutorial island so neing the noob I was I thought hey ill bank like 1000 of each rune the wizard gives me and ill be an amazing mage and I wont have to pay very much! so yeah i sat there doing that forever and after I had like 500 minds and 1000 airs I warped to lumbridge wnet to a map and went to the nearest bank! It was foolproof yes. But not noob proof so I went there and It showed up my bank I said in real life HEY RONG BANK BOZO!!!!! and I also said that in Runescape it went silent for a while than the air was filled with you noob and omgs all over so I pmed my friend saying I got the wrong bank I get a call from him he says Ok whats the matter? I sayid the banks messed up!!! I cant get all the runes I banked on tutorial Island wtf??? so Theres a looooong pause then he says you noob you cant get that stuff! SO I hated runesape sooooooooo much I didnt play for like a month then I just played agian and voila!!!! I got killed in lvl 30 wildy by some jerk HE STOLE MY 25 GP!!!!!!!!!!!

untitled6kv7.gif

Wow...lets see.

One my friends in 5th grade gave me a note telling me to go play Runescape. So I got on and chose mage class. I loved that hat...

I got lost trying to get to from Lumbridge to Varrock...I ended up going to the swamp and taking forever to get back to Lumbridge. When I did get to Varrock, I felt it was a grand accomplishment. XD My frist quest was Romeo and Juliet. After that, I somehow wandered into the Scorpian pit and got killed. Thus ends my early Runescape memories from...was it 2001? :?

XXXX says I'm a noob. And then keeled me with his troop of lvl 100 CW buddies.

Yay for being a Dead Noob. XD

Wow...lets see.

One my friends in 5th grade gave me a note telling me to go play Runescape. So I got on and chose mage class. I loved that hat...

I got lost trying to get to from Lumbridge to Varrock...I ended up going to the swamp and taking forever to get back to Lumbridge. When I did get to Varrock, I felt it was a grand accomplishment. XD My frist quest was Romeo and Juliet. After that, I somehow wandered into the Scorpian pit and got killed. Thus ends my early Runescape memories from...was it 2001? :?

Did you get to still pick a class when you made a character?

Because I know for a fact that you could :)

Proud founder of the Myriad

First frustration :

Cannot wear goblin armor

First money making way : selling goblins armor at shop (30 gp ea is lot of money when u start whith 25:p)

First skill trained : Mining and smithing

i wanted to make EVERYTHING i use, never buying anything (made that till lvl 40 - 50 . . . )

Was poor till : lvl 40-50 :lol:

First time i got killed : i think it was the highway man :)

First time got tricked by player : was very low lvl got brougth lvl 8 wilderness and killed whihtout resistance

Noobiest act : making everything i used till lvl 40- 50 (DONT DO THIS!! definitely)

First ever million gp : Yesterday :roll:

well thats it :wink: (and even more)

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

Wow...lets see.

Did you get to still pick a class when you made a character?

Because I know for a fact that you could :)

Yup...I picked mage. Funny thing...not so much a mage-y person now. :D

XXXX says I'm a noob. And then keeled me with his troop of lvl 100 CW buddies.

Yay for being a Dead Noob. XD