what did you do when you first played runescape...

upsilon5

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Killing men at falador furnace (i remember clearly there are 3 spawns) and selling their items at general store

2. When i was stronger i killed dwarves in dwarven mines and hoped for them to drop bronze bars so i could smith and sell them in the shop of the mine

3. Mined 700 coal for my first r2h,ran between varrock and dwarven mines lol...

4.Started my first pure as ranger name 'endomilik' and got my first rune kill (rune chain,rune med,rune skirt,rune square)it was 20 vs 1 rune mage i kept all loot and logged out loll

5.Got bored of pking at level 37 so i made prayer beast 'big b0y endo'..and trained all day at darkwizzys and became rich from pking \' \'

0worker0.png

1. Killing men at falador furnace (i remember clearly there are 3 spawns) and selling their items at general store

2. When i was stronger i killed dwarves in dwarven mines and hoped for them to drop bronze bars so i could smith and sell them in the shop of the mine

3. Mined 700 coal for my first r2h,ran between varrock and dwarven mines lol...

4.Started my first pure as ranger name 'endomilik' and got my first rune kill (rune chain,rune med,rune skirt,rune square)it was 20 vs 1 rune mage i kept all loot and logged out loll

5.Got bored of pking at level 37 so i made prayer beast 'big b0y endo'..and trained all day at darkwizzys and became rich from pking \' \'

What is a "prayer beast?" I heard they were popular during RSC, but no one uses them to PK anymore.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

leveled to 35 got killed in the wild got banned for being noob

got mad and made botanreaper2 on may122006 that started to woodcut oaks for a 108 during construction.

StarViv.png

I did excatly what most people did. Train mining smithing then combat. And evenlly even out most skills. Just like most other people.

The only thing i can remember i did which some people did not do. Was spend hours cooking on tut island.

troope1.gif

I will shoot down any one with my bitting wit, and sarcasm!

What POSSIBLE reason would someone have to make a fake like that?Does he profit from faking a picture like that? Does it help him at all?Jesus Christ, stop being so suspicious. This is Tip.it for God's sake, not RuneHQ. -_-

I logged on for the first time and had my brother guide me around. He was a mage, I was an adventurer (I felt like it was the coolest class option). I was also a pker... so, I wandered slightly north of Lumbridge and got pked in about 5 minutes.

Ironically it seems like the pre-wilderness days were when you needed a tutorial most...

Oh those days were the best.. 8-) Ill just tell you what happened unitl I was lv 15 combat..

When i got off of tutorial Island I was in the town of lumby for about 3 days. Every day Id go a little farther form the noob city. One day I wandered to the cow field, to the north of the windmill.

I went inside and found plenitful trees, And cows. I owuld cut down the trees, and use the cow's meat as training food. eventually I wanted to leave my little paradise.. :cry:

ANyways after that I found the courage to walk to draynor. There I reisded for a couple mroe days. I even accidently sent a noob to its death! (I told a full iron to kill the black knight..) Well anyways then I journeid back to Lumbridge. I saw what a big city Vasrrock was, so I headed there!

the FIRST time I tried to get to varrock those pesky dark amges owned me..

However the second time i got in.

My first stop was the blue moon inn where I would dance for petty 1gp cash! :thumbsup: ::'

Anyways I got bored, and went into the sewers. I made it all the way to the Spiders!(Lv 30) Wher eI finnaly commit suicide..

AND THNE I WAS BACK IN LUMBY! >_<

well THen I visited Alkharid where I trainined for days.. AND BECAME A (didnt know at the time this was pure :lol: -->) lv 31 attack and lv 20 combat person!

l5v2s.gif<-- this one better work.... >__<

newbankofrsyq0.gif

died to a giant rat... got really frustrated because i didnt know where to find a replacement tinderbox... then rejoiced when some other guy died and dropped his tinderbox, w00t... *a week and full addy later*... oh... they're on sale in the general stores!?!

grand99-3-1.png

OMG I was introduced to RS by my "older" brother back somewhere between 2000-2002... somewhere around there, I dont know when rs started so yeh... I thought his lvl28 chars were badd..

I think that was when you could wear any armour, cos some dude stopped me and gave me black full helm, plate and legs. I can still remember my brother saying that's unfair.. Man, I didnt play for about 3yrs then I came back to RS and spent about a year in blk armour..

Also i kept running from the SE Varrock mine to the furnace in lumbridge, then back to varrock bank, then all over again.. I was too scared of the scorpions in the al-kharid mine

<~[ FLAME_ON!! ]~>

on/off RSplayer since 2000

on tutorial island I made all my skills lvl 3 (took me a while to figure out you couldn't reach lvl 4) afterwardsI ONLY trained range and some prayer

I was about 54 range when I started training combat and mage.

I got 20 woodcutting the first day

40 the next

and during that week, this happened...

4debbt5.jpg

then I sold yews for 200 each and feathers for 2 ea :oops:

1z2zrwo.jpg

When I started rs, I not only didn't know how to use the arrow keys to move the camera view, but didn't know how to drop items. By the end of tutorial island, my inventory was overloaded, haahaa. Good times...

When I finally came into lumbridge, I walked around and ended cutting logs and oak logs and sold them to the general store. I got my woodcutting up to 30 and went around as a noob asking for someone to lead me to the willows :pray: . I was led to the ones behind the house in lumbridge and cut those and sold them to the general store. Then my cousin came over and taught me how not to be a noob. And that's how I started rs. (an I've always loved trees from then on :3> )

Before i made this account [Runey676]. My very first account (I don't remember the name lol) i walked to the black knights' fortruss, i got killed... :-$ i didn't know u could still play if you died, and then Runey676 was born! \'

haha, i might siggy some of that :wink:

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

I commanded resect from the moment my character set foot in Lumbridge. Upon my arrival I was presented with a full set of iron armor.

As I walked through the streets people threw themselves to the floor, gaping in awe at my majesty, as I passed with head held high.

It was like that song..."Everybody's talkin' at me...I can't hear a word they're saying!" la la la...

But really, I'm telling the truth.

on tutorial island I made all my skills lvl 3 (took me a while to figure out you couldn't reach lvl 4) afterwardsI ONLY trained range and some prayer

I was about 54 range when I started training combat and mage.

I got 20 woodcutting the first day

40 the next

and during that week, this happened...

4debbt5.jpg

then I sold yews for 200 each and feathers for 2 ea :oops:

LOL That's what I did, except my combat was a little lower, but I did cut willows for 60 woodcutting.

Sold the willows for the amazing price to me then of 4 coins each.

Don't even ask about my early merchanting routines:

Walk to Al-Kharid, buy silk from the trader for 3gp each. Walk to Varrock General Store, sell for 12gp each. Repeat.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

It's hilarious to look back at how I first started. The things I didn't know are amazing. I remember I was scared to walk across the bridge in lumbridge for fear the goblins would overpower me :lol:

But later on, I had a big money making scheme. Brace yourselves for this. I crafted like 600 holy symbols, strung them with wool I sheared and spun myself, and that's when I found out about blessed holy symbols. I didn't have 31 prayer at the time, so I gave some guy 10k (at the time I had like 13k total gp) to bless my symbols for me. After this I began to sell the symbols to the store, not realizing the store didn't give you the full price for each one you sold.

Wow, that's very similar to what I did. This was my scheme:

While mining, someone asked me to get them 200 silver ores. He would pay me 10k for them. So i thought, "Wow! 10k! (the most I ever had was about 500gp)". So, I mined 200 silver ore. It took about 3 days. But before I could sell them to him, my family dragged me off on a family vacation. Of course, there was no internet access. So then when I get back I Pm the person who was going to buy from me, and he said, "Silver is for noobs, I'm a member now. Members use gold." :cry: So instead, I made 200 strung synbols. Then, I planned to get all the way to level 31 prayer to get into the monastery. (OMG! 31 prayer :shock: ! I was combat level 13 and ~30 mining at the time) But I never made it until this year, when I really started playing RS.

Also, I remember when I would mine 13 copper and 13 tin in varrock east mine (took about 5 minutes!), walk to Lumbridge to smelt into 13 bronze bars, and then make full bronze from that and give it to level 3's. I thought to myself, "I'm so nice, I give armor to noobs!" But really, I was the noob. :oops:

Again, I remember when I was very low level, and I saw someone named Andrew. I though, "OMG he's so lucky to get his first name as his username" and " :) Cool, he has the same name as me (in rl)". Then I told my brother," I saw someone with the same name as me in RS!" "Atronic?", he said. "No, Andrew". Noob, that the creator of the

game." Me: :oops:

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

• 2 weeks later...

I was killed trying to find a bank. Somehow I walked into the wildy. The Lumbridge guide told me to go "north." So I went north. And further north. I for some unknown reason didn't go into Varrock, probably because I was scared of the guards. And I thought the bank was "north" so I walked into the wildy. And then was my "ARGG where is that cowpatch" time (forgot about the bridge), followed by the "goblin armor=good money" time, followed by the "get every quest done!", followed by the explore and die time, followed by the limits time, where me and a friend decided what combat level to reach before going somewhere. The Wilderness was level 60, past Barbarian Village was level 25. Took me forever to find Edgeville, finally found it as a level 25 searching for the mind alter :) .

single_skill1165514760.png

Thank the world for spell checkers.

I hung around in lumbridge castle training my woodcutting and firemaking up to lvl 14!

Then i thought that some other player would want to buy my 5 logs i had.

I was a pretty big newb, but never really a noob.

:roll: Lol suuuuuuure.... :^o

:)

grammar2gr8dx.png

Noob.

Lets get some things straight, RC pking is BAD, therefore you deserve to get FLAMED. Bad kills, they are defenseless people. It's like attacking a woodcutter for a yew log...

When I got to lumbridge (Tut. island is linear) the first thing I did was kill a few lvl 1 rats outside the lumbridge castle building. I then went on to killing some men/woman. I can't remember what I did after that.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.