06-Mar-2006 Behind the Scenes - March

shendriks

March brings new perils to RuneScape with two updates to the Myreque storyline. The vampires of Morytania are once again hungry, and their lifeless eyes are transfixed on the village of Burgh De Rott. The locals are pale and restless and have little left to give, but what can be done against this vile oppressor? With many of the residents packing up and leaving, it won't take long until all the life has been sucked out of Morytania. Perhaps the Myreque have an answer and maybe, just maybe, you could help to bring some hope to those desperately in need.

The second of the Myreque updates is a journey-making minigame. With life becoming unbearable for the majority of the residents, many want to leave and seek out a better life on the other side of the Salve. Adventurers willing to accompany frightened villagers through the perilous Mort Myre swamps will be rewarded, but the challenge is great! Will you take the quick but dangerous path, or do you fancy the longer (but potentially less risky) scenic route? The choice is yours. Various rewards await those brave enough to try.

With the coming of spring, several new shoots of life can be seen in even the strangest of places. Fairies in Zanaris will have to watch out, for this month the Zygomite season starts. These clever beasts bury themselves beneath the surface, leaving only their mushroom-shaped scalps showing at the top, twitching in excitement. Unsuspecting fairies are soon lured in by this appetising sight and then WHAM... it's all over. Have a chat with your local slayer master for more information when it becomes available.

Fairies aren't the only things worried about what lurks underneath this month. Wyson, the Falador Park gardener, has heard strange rumblings and is worried that the special 'power-gro' formula he bought from the elemental magi has had unexpected side-effects on one of the locals. This monster isn't quite as tough as our more recent team-based multiway combat updates, but keen farmers might be interested in its drops.

As part of our continuing commitment to speed up travel in our ever-growing world, we bring you canoes. Using your woodcutting skill, you will be able to fashion various qualities of floating apparatus to sail (or just float badly) down the River Lum. This will make travel from Edgeville to Lumbridge considerably easier and far more picturesque.

Another random event will also be popping up and asking players to help a rather confused gravedigger. He can't quite seem to match up the right box to the right headstone. Can you help? New clothes and emotes will wait for those that can.

More readers' letters will also be answered this month. This time we will be talking to such dignitaries as the Makeover Mage, asking him (or her?) where her (or his?) magical powers come from and also King Vargas about his adventures in the Icelands. Keep those letters coming in - Postie Pete has been given a new lease of life, and will be delving far deeper than anyone has ever delved before! Eeeek!

Also this month, as those who have been counting will be aware, we will be releasing our hundredth quest - a sequel to our first ever quest, Cook's Assistant. We don't want to say too much about it, but it is one of the largest quests released so far in RuneScape's history, if not the largest, with a large percentage of our content development team having worked on it especially.

This quest has been written in such a way that almost every single member will be able to enjoy the beginning of the quest and its early benefits... but only the best of the best when it comes to quests will be able to fully enjoy all its rewards. And what rewards they are, with access to new areas, new weapons, new armours, a variety of new foods to cook and eat, new methods of getting around RuneScape, new pet types, a new agility course, and (of course) lots of experience in a variety of skills! Each part of the quest may be completed separately from the rest and each has its own rewards, allowing everybody to 'cash in' in one way or another.

As a final note, we will also be adding more mahogany and teak trees to the Kharazi Jungle and other remote areas of RuneScape. Good luck!

mmm sounds good, the largest quest ever released in runescape :D

Shendrik.png

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet this one has a very high cooking requirement :P .

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

The two updates which sound the best are the 100th quest and of course the canoes. I wonder if the canoes will work on all rivers and not just the river Lum.

The 100th quest really sounds different to the other ones and must be big if the majority of the content team were working on it.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

wow wow wow wow!

I interested in it all but the very last sentence is clearly a sign of things to come, things I shan't mention for fear of bringing the flame. But you all know what I mean ;)

New pets, new food, new weapons and armor. Going to be a busy month, I already suspect I won't have all the skills needed to completely finish the quest. Wonder what skills will be needed?

Oh and the canoes sound cool too, I will se you all as a pass by in my pretty magic canoe, mwahahahha.

wow wow wow wow!

I interested in it all but the very last sentence is clearly a sign of things to come, things I shan't mention for fear of bringing the flame. But you all know what I mean ;)

New pets, new food, new weapons and armor. Going to be a busy month, I already suspect I won't have all the skills needed to completely finish the quest. Wonder what skills will be needed?

Oh and the canoes sound cool too, I will se you all as a pass by in my pretty magic canoe, mwahahahha.

If he won't say it I will. More mahoganies and teaks....sounds like POH's are on their way! (Or at least more stuff being thrown in the game to set in our banks until it eventaully does come, if ever). I've been hearing things about them since I started RS, kinda makes ya not care anymore....

Look, if your mom still drops you off at school, you ain't gangsta, pull up your damn pants!

142qvyv.jpg

3 down, 7 to go

The two updates which sound the best are the 100th quest and of course the canoes. I wonder if the canoes will work on all rivers and not just the river Lum.

The 100th quest really sounds different to the other ones and must be big if the majority of the content team were working on it.

new weapons...new armors, i only dream thats they are equal to rune.

I think the new armour and weapons are just like the barrow ones.. ofcourse not the same as barrows armour, but i think you need to do the mini-game to get them and if you are lucky you can get an armour piece :D

well, set effect is cool, but really barrows armors were over the top for sets

what else can they do for set effect? not a whole lot...but heres an idea

the "2nd" set of barrows brothers arive, weaker then their older brothers... but something about them having all their weapons and armors makes them a staggering foe, the armors alone(plate legs helm and weapon) are very, well dull, but when combined to create the set effect, their defense double, even tripple perhaps.

I thought last month was great with the Falador update and the Chaos Elemental. But this month looks even better, I can't wait to make canoes it should save a few laws adn just look cool. The new mini game sounds good as well as helping the Myreque, because Jagex has left out the few humans in Morytania for a long time.

I really like the idea of a long quest easy to start, but getting preogressivly harder and the fact that nearly all members can benefit from at least a part of it.

Jagex seems to have really pulled its socks up this year compared to last...

lord_khallos.png

proudguildmasterng2.png

It's a classic that the biggest and most different quest is a sequel to Cook's assistant. :)

Man, I'm going to have a good challenge writing the guide to the quest. Sound pretty different. :)

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

You are sooo right!!! Barrows, abyss rc'n, slayer, farming, smite...ALL COMPLETELY WORTHLESS!! I mean, no one ever uses barrows...or whips... :roll:

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

It's a classic that the biggest and most different quest is a sequel to Cook's assistant. :)

Man, I'm going to have a good challenge writing the guide to the quest. Sound pretty different. :)

I think you'll have a though time on it, if it's even bigger then ME part 2.

I hope it isn't too much combat based, because that will be a pain in the [wagon] for me :(

signature4s.jpg

You are sooo right!!! Barrows, abyss rc'n, slayer, farming, smite...ALL COMPLETELY WORTHLESS!! I mean, no one ever uses barrows...or whips... :roll:

I smell sarcasm :P lol

Shendrik.png

why do you post dude? you spam almost too much, imo, you have in deed become what you hate your the rebirth of the "skulledpker"

new quest will own all.

Sounds like a great month. Finally get to find out what the falador gardner was babbling about when he asked me to stomp some moles.

Giant mage slinging moles that summon more moles, lol. He did say he used a potion from the summoning guy south of Fally after all. :D