06-Mar-2006 Behind the Scenes - March

shendriks

Have a chat with your local slayer master for more information when it becomes available.
Ooh, a new slayer monster, kinda hoping for a required slayer lvl of between 65 and 70 *crosses fingers*

This monster isn't quite as tough as our more recent team-based multiway combat updates, but keen farmers might be interested in its drops.
When this comes out I'll log into world 2 and try to fight one in the middle of Falador park and see all the merchanters run in fear :lol:

I surely hope the farming drop the are hinting at is not some semi rare drop that increases your harvest by a couple dozen percent. I kinda like farming and I think that buying the seeds is expensive enough, I don't want to spend more on some rare farmers tool :x

As part of our continuing commitment to speed up travel in our ever-growing world, we bring you canoes. Using your woodcutting skill, you will be able to fashion various qualities of floating apparatus to sail (or just float badly) down the River Lum. This will make travel from Edgeville to Lumbridge considerably easier and far more picturesque.
Hmm, canoes sound nice and all but who would ever travel from edgeville to lumbridge with a canoe if you can tele there? It sounds like another bankspace waster to me, unless they would be available to f2p aswell.

Also this month, as those who have been counting will be aware, we will be releasing our hundredth quest - a sequel to our first ever quest, Cook's Assistant. We don't want to say too much about it, but it is one of the largest quests released so far in RuneScape's history, if not the largest, with a large percentage of our content development team having worked on it especially.

This quest has been written in such a way that almost every single member will be able to enjoy the beginning of the quest and its early benefits... but only the best of the best when it comes to quests will be able to fully enjoy all its rewards. And what rewards they are, with access to new areas, new weapons, new armours, a variety of new foods to cook and eat, new methods of getting around RuneScape, new pet types, a new agility course, and (of course) lots of experience in a variety of skills! Each part of the quest may be completed separately from the rest and each has its own rewards, allowing everybody to 'cash in' in one way or another.

Now this sounds very interesting to me. I think it will be a quest of which you can start the first chapter at a low level and get a small reward and when you meet the next lvl requirements you can start the 2nd chapter for a bigger reward. I'm kinda hoping for a last chapter with some lvl 80 requirements even though I don't have that many lvl 80+

As a final note, we will also be adding more mahogany and teak trees to the Kharazi Jungle and other remote areas of RuneScape. Good luck!

They just can't resist hinting at carpentry can they, keep the members hooked with the promise of a skill that has been promised for about five years now :?

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt a guy post here about a new armour called metarune or something like a week ago and then it got locked? hmm maybe he was right, maybe that will be the new armour

wasn't that the same guy that said that the 100th quest would be nothing greats?

I was once at the airport with my friends in California, had to go "potty" really bad, and just pissed my pants in the middle of the terminal. (All the cool kids piss in their pants, right?)

loledit.jpg

barrows loot: lost count

daga king loot: lost count :p

great month...

The irony, i thought itd be a mep3 or like red axe 3.

cook assistant 2... omg ive never xpected that :P

atleast jagex has humor. hope new quest rocks for you p2p. im back p2p in like may.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

"cooking assistent part 2" :P

all you need is: 90+ cooking,

100 sharks, 100 mantaray, 100 sea turtle,

you need to kill 10 lvl 100 - 400+ monsters in a row, without armour and wapons :lol:

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

This month sounds better than any I've ever seen before! :shock: I know I'm going to be so glad I have 90 woodcutting :D They also said more ways of travel, I can't wait to find out what ways these will be :wink: One I'm thinking, is a hot air baloon for some reason.

I have low quest points, but this new quest, is DEFINATELY going to be one to do for me.

A new slayer monster too :shock: It better be a high level one this time.

And another I can't wait for, a new Agility course! I hope it's better than the wilderness one we currently have.

Something tells me, with the release of these new foods lately, that the new ones going to be released in March, will ALSO heal 22. Just like the Summer Pie and Tuna Sweetcorn Potatoes. Hopefully though, much easier to make :wink:

Everything in this month sounds good 8)

PS: Maybe the canoes will give a new way to fish too, and possibly be able to build reinforced canoes that can travel in the lakes instead of rivers, and give the ability to FISH for Manta Rays, instead of Trawler. Just a thought :)

PSS: I won a donut from Tim Hortons!!!111! :shock:

I'm happy Jagex is making a sequel to the cooks assistant, it's one of the first quests that most people complete when they first start playing Runescape and I know it was one of mine also. It brings back memories from so many years ago :D . I'm unsure about this because it was such a long time ago, but was the cooks assistant the first quest released in Runescape or was it released with a few other quests at the same time?

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the canoes as I can't teleport around. I'm just hoping it works on more rivers than just that one they mentioned or even maybe smaller bodies of water and lakes. Overall tho, this month looks very enjoyable :o

finalsig11dz.gif

So, any ideas for the name of this quest (Please don't let it be Cooks Assisstant 2. Please not CA2). I think it would be funny if they just called it "The 100th quest"

Look, if your mom still drops you off at school, you ain't gangsta, pull up your damn pants!

142qvyv.jpg

3 down, 7 to go

All those updates, this month alone... I need a nap just after reading the "Behind the Scenes". All of it sounds great, I'm really curious about the drops from the Falador Park "monster" update. Guess it's time to go mole hunting.

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]

Does sound like a fun month. Hopefully the 100th quest will have some REALLY high lvl requirements the further you go. I will hope and wish (to no avail) that the new weapons and armour are good AND NON tradable. Wishful thinking i know but hey i can dream. The new farming drops sound exciting too :)

Canoes...hmm sounds like carpentry hint to me :)

Hope (don't really think so) that canoes could be used by f2p (I am not begging for this okay?)

Looks like a nice moth for all you p2p folks :wink:

Why would a Member need a canoe to get from Lumbridge to Edgeville? Only for the those who haven't done Tree Gnome Stronghold or have a glory amulet (I know some level 30 that has a glory amulet and asks if I would recharge it for him).

The F2P players need something to do with their Woodcutting skills. Why not make canoes. This seems like an update for F2P but unlikely (I think Jagex would have announced it being F2P if they intended it to be so).

Does sound like a fun month. Hopefully the 100th quest will have some REALLY high lvl requirements the further you go. I will hope and wish (to no avail) that the new weapons and armour are good AND NON tradable. Wishful thinking i know but hey i can dream. The new farming drops sound exciting too :)

One can only hope....

I play the game to play the game. I get so annoyed when I watch people buying weapons that I worked through a tough quest to get.

Look, if your mom still drops you off at school, you ain't gangsta, pull up your damn pants!

142qvyv.jpg

3 down, 7 to go

:shock: i just came back from school and i'm going to see if any updates on runescape and.......i read, read ,and read. I get to the 2nd last paragraph :o mg. I'm not a big fan of quest but i'm speechless and going to completete this quest nothing will stop me.

So, any ideas for the name of this quest (Please don't let it be Cooks Assisstant 2. Please not CA2). I think it would be funny if they just called it "The 100th quest"
I bet jagex worked on the name for a long time i think the name will be perfect.

It sounds like an really busy month for me coming up if the quest is really that long... quests are my favorite part of the game.

The Morytania updates also sound interesting... this new village I assume will be southeast of Dessous gravesite?

Canoes very fun if like the desert carpets - my favorite transportation to watch - but they should allow them on most all rivers.

Now additional teak and Mohagany sounds like they're gearing up for some use for them besides burning.

I looked at the world map, and found a few excellent spots to use a canoe (one with great benefits to barrows users)

1. of course would be from Edge to Lumbridge, and they could make a stop at the barbarian village maybe.

2. The Karamja jungle river, which could lead out of shilo village and make a stop at this little crossways of like three rivers (good for nature crafters)

3. The River through Ardougne which leads to Castle Wars

4.Seers to Fremmy Province via the pond/river north of it.

5. River Elid in the desert (could you perhaps kill crocodiles like this?)

6. (I saved the best for last) The River Salve, you could start at the temple and go down to the Haunted Mine area where you could get to morytania rather quickly, also if they implemented a system of going upstream, players could recharge prayer after barrows runs or something without risking food or health in the Mort Myre Swamp.

This month looks great, and i think that the monster in Fally Park wont be in fally park. Because since it relates to farming Im guessing it will be a random event for farmers (such as the rock golem for miners).

This month looks great, and i think that the monster in Fally Park wont be in fally park. Because since it relates to farming Im guessing it will be a random event for farmers (such as the rock golem for miners).

This monster isn't quite as tough as our more recent team-based multiway combat updates, but keen farmers might be interested in its drops.

Need I say more?

Thats a pretty BIG hint that i is yet another 'boss' type npc

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Riverwise, there's the three named rivers, the Lum, the Salve and the Elid(attacking crocodiles from a boat, now that would be fun). Theres also the Karamja rivers(the Karam?), The Ardougne river (Baxtorian?), the elven river and the rivers near the Sinclair mansion. There are also several biggish lakes, two by sinclair mansion and the fishing Guild lake. Possibly we'll all be able to travel across these bodies of water some day.

I have also thought of iron clad boats, to traverse the wilderness lava streams, this all is speculation of course but we can still try an imagine what Jagex has in store for us.

Edit: Damn, Scorpium got there first.

lord_khallos.png

proudguildmasterng2.png

As what I do for every behind the sense, I look closer and examine all possibilites,

Also this month, as those who have been counting will be aware, we will be releasing our hundredth quest - a sequel to our first ever quest, Cook's Assistant. We don't want to say too much about it, but it is one of the largest quests released so far in RuneScape's history, if not the largest, with a large percentage of our content development team having worked on it especially.

This quest has been written in such a way that almost every single member will be able to enjoy the beginning of the quest and its early benefits... but only the best of the best when it comes to quests will be able to fully enjoy all its rewards. And what rewards they are, with access to new areas, new weapons, new armours, a variety of new foods to cook and eat, new methods of getting around RuneScape, new cat types, a new agility course, and (of course) lots of experience in a variety of skills! Each part of the quest may be completed separately from the rest and each has its own rewards, allowing everybody to 'cash in' in one way or another.

Straight Foward? No.

It hints that it could be the largest quest yet BUT in the second paragraph it also hints people that have finished more quests get better rewards, so say the more quests you have finished can determine the length as well which could make the quest longer or shorter, eh.

New armour, weapons, food, new transportation, new cat types, agility course, experience.. Is what you'll unlock at the end of this quest, considering they told us about a new agility course will probably mean the quest will contain a good agility lvl, may possible contain the use of a cat, new food could mean voyage for the cook to find, make new type of food, random guess... , Amour and Weapons - Possible to do with the quote ::" almost every single member will be able to enjoy the beginning of the quest and its early benefits... but only the best of the best when it comes to quests will be able to fully enjoy all its rewards. " :: Will have to do with the armour as the better you do in the quest the better stuff you get such as armour and weapons.

foreverforher.gif